Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minor game between Tipp and Galway is a great scrap. Quite physical for a minor game too.

Comment

C'mon the cats . Leinster supremacy .

Comment

SPOILER
        Last edited by KevIRL; 06-09-15, 14:00.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
          Minor game between Tipp and Galway is a great scrap. Quite physical for a minor game too.
          Good win for the minors, now let's see how the seniors do. After the drawn Dub-Mayo match I threw €20 on a Kilkeny-Dublin all-ireland double, despite that my heart wanted Mayo to do the business yesterday and desperately hope the same of Galway today.

Comment

Can't really make out that picture Loopz, any chance you could upload a bigger version

Comment

Sadly that was the biggest one I could find

Cheers kev

Comment

Not feeling as confident I the irish chances in rwc today after yesterday. Pretty solidly put away by a pretty average English side.

Solid scrum and line out which is good. Poor breakdown and no offloading means we are only going to be static all day.

Sob is still able to carry ball fantastically but cannot secure posssion for us which is not what a 7 is for. O'mahony gives 100% but I don't think is good enough when playing physical teams and was ineffectual. O'brien if he is going to be a ball carrier should be 6 with Henry at 7. Makes no sense not to have given it a run when we are trying every other combo. France will make shit of us in the breakdown if we go with sob and Pom.

Bowe is not on form so will be Zebo, Kearney and Kearney in the back 3 I would say which will be good but will miss trimble.

I am alone in thinking henshaw and Payne looked good yesterday as a unit and will offer us a solid midfield, without clean ruck ball hard lines taken by henshaw are wasted tho as defences have time to readjust.

Toner was again very poor so think he should be benched.

Comment

Hilarious how football has a bad rep for foul play, chap cloths-lined with a hurl and doesn't get sent off. Rules aren't enforced at all in hurling

Comment

First half of hurling any use? Just found a pub showing it that isnt full out!

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                      Hilarious how football has a bad rep for foul play, chap cloths-lined with a hurl and doesn't get sent off. Rules aren't enforced at all in hurling
                      Tbf it happens very fast, I'd imagine if he seen the replay we seen he would have sent him off
                      airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                        First half of hurling any use? Just found a pub showing it that isnt full out!
                        Top notch.

Comment

Ref has some job getting a draw out if this

Comment

Full blown bottle job from galway 2nd half.

Comment

Originally posted by shano1888 View Post
                              Even Canning. Men vs boys
                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Cody just keeps on crushing dreams.

Comment

Originally posted by shano1888 View Post
                                  Was it Mayo in disguise? In fairness to Kilkenny they are an awesome team. Their defence and midfield were outstanding in the 2nd half.

Comment

And for all Connacht GAA fans ;

Comment

Holland not qualifying for a 24 team Euros is beginning to look likely now, 2 down to Turkey in their latest shambles.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                        Holland not qualifying for a 24 team Euros is beginning to look likely now, 2 down to Turkey in their latest shambles.
                                        Was just looking at the groups.

Norn Iron still going well i see. WTF has happened to Greece, bottom with 2pts from 7 games

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

Norn Iron still going well i see. WTF has happened to Greece, bottom with 2pts from 7 games
                                          This kind of a campaign has been coming for Greece for about 6/7 years now. How they've coasted along previously I don't know.

Comment

Nordies will prob qualify automatically tomorrow in a group where any team worth their salt would qualify. Cunce.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                              Nordies will prob qualify automatically tomorrow in a group where any team worth their salt would qualify. Cunce.
                                              Any luck we qualify and end up playing them

Let the world see what their fan base is actually like

Comment

First game of the year went well against my old club. We won 1-0. My brother got sent off for them and I played 90 minutes. Great start to the season.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                  Unavoidable trip to town there this evening. €6.30 for a Sierra Nevada in a crowded, disgustingly warm Whelan's.

abesimpsonburlesquehouse.gif

#old.
                                                  Dubleen prices pure nuts now?

Will be in Whelan's for a gig next month, any use as a pub these days? Still playing sympathy for the devil at 12:30 every night?

Comment

Wow Cody, the absolute GOAT, what a second half from a team that was been pulled every which way in the first half.

No chance of him retiring soon either

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                      Wow Cody, the absolute GOAT, what a second half from a team that was been pulled every which way in the first half.

Apparently the words "pull harder" followed by the word "lads" featured heavy in his half time team talk

Now if someone would be kind enough to post a you tube link to the filum I just plagerized that would be super

Comment

Nobody would want the job anyway. I saw a tweet earlier. 16 years in charge. 8 leagues. 13 Leinsters. 11 All Ireland's. Who would want to try and follow that.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                          Nobody would want the job anyway. I saw a tweet earlier. 16 years in charge. 8 leagues. 13 Leinsters. 11 All Ireland's. Who would want to try and follow that.
                                                          David Moyes.

Comment

Get the fuck in there honda.
                                                            Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Strange enough one. Not clonakilty, feck that
                                                              airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by smurph View Post
                                                                Na Fianna GAA club is 60 years old and there is a great night lined up in the club later.

2 bands playing first off its "The roadworn Frets and then a westlife/take that tribute bad (what can possibly go wrong ).

I also have a wall signing thing aswell. All the players from Na Fianna who represented Dublin at either Football Hurling Camogie and womens football are to be down there for 8.30 for a bit of a presentation and stuff... ( I have an intermediate all Ireland medal that I won a lifetime ago).....

I didn't really look hard for tickets this week, but they were very thin on the ground...

Anyway looking forward to catching up with some old friends... (and jaysus if Dublin win it will be a mental night)...... i'll pop up some photos when I recover tomorrow....

So basically if I went to the match and had a few beers I would be bananas by 8.30 p.m.
                                                                Jeysus wept.. that was some celebrations... bounced in the door at 3.30 a.m. after being on wine for the night..... not the best plan I've ever had... just about come around now.... We had a great night... some atmosphere in the place and it was great to catch up with people that I haven't seen in yonks.... drink is ridicolusly cheap and they also have a type of club card where you get more discount off your drinks... 2,700 members at the moment in the club... and a pretty amazing set up

So here is the photo of me at the wall of Na Fianna Dubs pointing to my name

Here's a photo of me and Senan (I have a cool job as analyst with Sky sports for the GAA) Connell...

And below is 2 videos that the club put together...

What it means to play sports in CLG Na Fianna....

Last edited by smurph; 06-09-15, 18:49. Reason: yippee figured it out
                                                                Follow me in twitterland

Comment

Just saw something genuinely wonderful

Tube escalators

Everyone is staring at a seriously good looking blackman with a auld blond wan hanging on his shoulders kissing the back if his head

I look at him as we pass and he looks back like he is in whore hell

Comment

They just don't stop having gears.

One of the lads in work basically called the entire pattern of the game during week. He reckoned galway would be on top of them physically in the first half as they were against cork and tipp but that KK would up the aggression second half and galway wouldn't know what to do with it. I wouldn't be surprised if Cody had them told to take the hits and hold back in the first half. Galway had no plan B and they panicked and reverted to type when KK started to give it back to them. They will be waiting a while for an all Ireland I think. If galway were winning be 10pts at half time I think kk would have chased it down.
                                                                    Last edited by shano1888; 06-09-15, 18:47.

Comment

IKEA chest of drawers done in 2 1/2 hours. Mrs delighted. Few glasses of wine and golf for the evening. Brownie points earned for day of golf and boozing next Saturday. I am like a mouse in a bed of cheese.
                                                                      His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                        That was a good sporting contest - Mayo lads ran into a brick wall after 50 mins unfortunately.

Disappointing lack of thuggery. Ref was excellent I thought although if ever a sport was crying out for two refs, it's that.

You could have dressed down a bit for your trip to GAA headquarters

Follow me in twitterland

Comment

[VINE]eIXejbQ2utM[/VINE]
                                                                          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by smurph View Post
                                                                            You could have dressed down a bit for your trip to GAA headquarters

http://www.joe.ie/sport/pic-anyone-k...-tuxedo/510980
                                                                            One must maintain standards.

Comment

...
                                                                              "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                Is there a simple way / app / website to be reminded when your fav tv shows are starting back for a new season?
                                                                                Is that ever really a problem? A couple of times, I've wasted time looking for a show a month, or a week too early. Most recently sat down to watch BoJack Horseman S2 last June 17th
                                                                                Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

...

Comment

Phil Baker still ticking along with 3 left in the MPN. €53k up top, glgl

Comment

...

Comment

This is a pretty class mashup of tons of films.

so that I can continue to make quality mashups in good condition here is my patreon for a donation https://www.patreon.com/user?u=22802159&fan_landing=true N...

Comment

From top: yesterday’s Sunday Times,  William Fry logo. “The law firm William Fry, which is representing the businessman Denis O’Brien in a case against the state, is set to be app…

ah heyor
                                                                                          "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Will somebody just buy a fecking kitchen. They might leave us alone then. Do the IPB hq offices need a new kitchen we could have a whip around?
                                                                                            airport, lol

Comment

Is there a simple way / app / website to be reminded when your fav tv shows are starting back for a new season?

SPOILER
                                                                                              This question is at least partially related to the 'wtf just happened?' last episode of MrRobot

^^^ spoilered as might very very tentatively give something away about MrRobot, but not really
                                                                                              Twee on android
                                                                                              May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Well that was quite the statement of intent with the first two shows. Class
                                                                                                Oh it gets way better, Ben Stiller is in ep 6 in one of the funniest TV scenes ever.
                                                                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                                                                  Yeah I know...but on the other hand, every large law firm in town probably acts for him.

Especially given his prediliction for litigation.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                    Yeah I know...but on the other hand, every large law firm in town probably acts for him.

Especially given his prediliction for litigation.
                                                                                                    Yes but if they want to act for the state they should give up the current work for O'Brien. Also doing some work for him is totally different from repping on both sides of the case.

Either way we could have gotten a UK firm to do it

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                                                                      Yes but if they want to act for the state they should give up the current work for O'Brien. Also doing some work for him is totally different from repping on both sides of the case.

Either way we could have gotten a UK firm to do it
                                                                                                      Lawyers working both sides of a case is standard practice in Ireland.
                                                                                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Saw Me, Earl and the Dying Girl last night, was excellent.
                                                                                                        Any of the theatre heads recommend something on atm or soon?
                                                                                                        By the bog of cats any good?

Picked up a leuchtturm1917 whitelines, has to be the best notebook, the app that comes with it removes all the printed lines when you are scanning in pages, lovely.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                          Lawyers working both sides of a case is standard practice in Ireland.
                                                                                                          pretty poor practice surely. I wonder who gets the A team for this and who gets the other guys.

Comment

The duration and extent of the bodily collapse for one relatively mild night out these days is just unreasonable.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                                                                              pretty poor practice surely. I wonder who gets the A team for this and who gets the other guys.
                                                                                                              Thats simple, the lads who pay most
                                                                                                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Looking for TV advice. Want a nice big smart TV. Using Sky for channels but would like to be able to find some sport and movie options using the smart tv part (Modbro app?). Looking online and found these options, what looks best? I know that the different manufacturers use different formats for their smart tv menu and some are meant to be a nightmare whilst others are simple.

Amazon Plasma:
                                                                                                                http://www.amazon.co.uk/LG-60PB690V-...-7&keywords=tv

Amzon Others:
                                                                                                                http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-60H6...-6&keywords=tv
                                                                                                                http://www.amazon.co.uk/LG-60LB580V-...-5&keywords=tv
                                                                                                                http://www.amazon.co.uk/LG-60UF770V-...-2&keywords=tv

Currys:
                                                                                                                http://www.currys.ie/Product/panason...333448/397.0.1
                                                                                                                http://www.currys.ie/Product/sony-br...332316/397.0.1
                                                                                                                http://www.currys.ie/Product/sony-br...332461/397.0.1

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                                                  Saw Me, Earl and the Dying Girl last night, was excellent.
                                                                                                                  You'd be helping me out if you indicated at least some welling up during the last half hour.
                                                                                                                  "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                                    Thats simple, the lads who pay most
                                                                                                                    I wouldn't bet that the state will pay less or get the better team tbh. Next stop tribunal for added fees and no outcome

Comment

Have to say really enjoying these Euro 2016 qualifying groups. Pity we haven't followed the example of Iceland/Nordies/Wales but hopefully we get there. Hope Michael O'Neill's lads don't blow up at this stage.

Shall be watching both from behind the couch tonight no doubt.

Comment

lol corkaments

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                                                                                                        I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                                                                                                        None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Originally posted by Starvin Marvin View Post
                                                                                                                          I can't beelieve that.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X