X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
    7/10

I think a fianna gael majority would be best in the next election if they done whats best for the country not whats best for the next election has this ever happened?
    On this we will see what they do with the surprise extra tax revenue. If they give it away in tax cuts or raises for PS than fucks sake. If they come out and say we are sticking this into putting 100 extra cops on the street in Dublin and 25 in each other county or that is all just going into the health budget than fair play and a ballsy move but who can disagree. So long as they account for where it is going anyone asking for a pay rise is going to sound like a total prick.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
      I'd say a very strong position, poised to suck up the Labour vote from 2011.
      Greens are an entity that can survive when things are going well, hard to think anyone would give a hoot about sustainability when we're busto.

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
      Opinion poll time.

Marks out of ten for the government's performance 2011-

I will go first with 8/10.
      Measured against what? Bar marriage ref/abortion legislation I don't think FF gov would have been much different.

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
      Hardly forgotten?

Bruton and Reynolds deserve a good share of credit too. The GFA was a logical extension of their work.

Shouldn't forget John Major either.
      I think if you asked someone about their legacy it would be way down the list of things mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
        How much of this would you actually attribute to the government?
        It hardly matters. All about perception.

Comment

Clare [Short] was rabbiting on more than ever. I slipped TB a note about the time Saddam shot his health minister at a meeting, because she was annoying him, and did he want me to get a gun?
          "Yes," he scribbled (2003)

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
            On this we will see what they do with the surprise extra tax revenue. If they give it away in tax cuts or raises for PS than fucks sake. If they come out and say we are sticking this into putting 100 extra cops on the street in Dublin and 25 in each other county or that is all just going into the health budget than fair play and a ballsy move but who can disagree. So long as they account for where it is going anyone asking for a pay rise is going to sound like a total prick.
            No use putting 100 gardai on the streets i they are like the two who were beaten up by 15 year olds in Ballyfermot yesterday.
            The whole justice system is a joke.
            Lads walking the streets after 70/80 convictions.
            A scumbag from my home town was out on bail had a load of convictions and raped 2 kids in Athlone.
            The health budget is a giant black hole though.

Comment

Greens are an entity that can survive when things are going well, hard to think anyone would give a hoot about sustainability when we're busto.
              They would have been in the anti water charges setup I would imagine and a lovely middle class alternative for those who want to vote that way but cant stomach the AA bunch or SF.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                No use putting 100 gardai on the streets i they are like the two who were beaten up by 15 year olds in Ballyfermot yesterday.
                The whole justice system is a joke.
                Lads walking the streets after 70/80 convictions.
                A scumbag from my home town was out on bail had a load of convictions and raped 2 kids in Athlone.
                The health budget is a giant black hole though.
                You get the idea tho. If they account where the money is going than nobody can really disagree. If it just comes out as no cuts to tax people will attack them and if they give cuts than it is nice for each individual but not realy great for society.

If they announced that they reopening Killmahnam with extra rats and less rations you know you would be first in line to vote.

Comment

They would have been in the anti water charges setup I would imagine and a lovely middle class alternative for those who want to vote that way but cant stomach the AA bunch or SF.
                  I can't imagine the green party being anti water charges.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                    As a small party they would have jumped on the Irish water is a farce wagon and stood up with everyone else. It is pretty indefensible really.

Sorry pro charges in a reasonable manner - anti Irish water protesting. Would have been just at the big marches and not showing cars in Jobstown

Comment

Greens are pro water charges.
                      Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                            Considering they proposed it initially, I'd doubt very much that they'd be against it either...

2011 manifesto, final page http://vote.greenparty.ie/downloads/manifesto.pdf

The Green Party will:
                            Ensure the complete roll out of metering nationwide, with every household given
                            a free basic allowance of water as per the renewed programme for government.
                            Establish an ombudsman, or other independent authority, to decide on disputes to do with water meters and water charging, or assign this responsibility to an existing relevant authority.
                            • Provide low income households with assistance to deal with the introducing of
                            water charging,
                            and provide support for the installation of water efficient appliances in
                            low income households.
                            Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                            Greens were also pro windfarms but managed to lodge objections to the development of every single windfarm in the country up to some point.
                            There's a thread across the way on this which might be a tinfoil hatter, but guy keeps posting (and citing) that the power predictions available from wind in Ireland might be off by an order of magnitude. Wind Atlas references removed after being put up etc. Someone might well have missed a decimal point somewhere...
                            Last edited by Emmet; 04-09-15, 12:00.

Comment

Greens were also pro windfarms but managed to lodge objections to the development of every single windfarm in the country up to some point.
                              I didn't say they weren't milksop terrible people, just that they were pro water charges.

Comment

Originally posted by shano1888 View Post
                                It hardly matters. All about perception.
                                It's weak defence of a gov though "They had their bums on the seats when things picked up"

Comment

You hear this a lot. But its not. You've just never downloaded their annual accounts where it says clearly how all the money is spent. There's loads of information on the Dept of Health website about how the money is spent. Let's not ascribe 'black holes' to 'ehh, well, i never actually tried to understand it'.

I'd imagine CRH's expenses last year of about €15bn are also a black hole to you, because you never looked up to see what their expenses are.

Simple fact about the health system: just about everyone is treated competently and quite speedily, but the non-medical qualitative care (nice surroundings, lack of queues) is woefully lacking. And in general everything could be done more speedily.
                                  Not everyone is treated speedily if you can afford private health care no problem.
                                  Waiting lists for tests for cancer checks even with gp referals can be over 1 year.
                                  All the time the cancer could be growing like a mushroom inside you.
                                  Early detection is vital.

Comment

Comment

My sister was diagnosed with early stage breast cancer a few years back and was a public patient the whole time. She never waited long at all for appointments or surgery, and it was treated and operated on pretty quickly, and thankfully has not raised its ugly head since. There are always horror stories of people who have been sent for a check but die of the disease before getting an appointment ages later, but I would expect those are the exception rather than the norm.

Comment

If Wales beat Israel on Sunday they will go 4th in the World. If results go their way they can jump Belgium and Germany into 2nd in the World.

Comment

It's weak defence of a gov though "They had their bums on the seats when things picked up"
                                          Is it? Fairly big factor in assessing any governments performance surely?

Comment

Originally posted by shano1888 View Post
                                            Is it? Fairly big factor in assessing any governments performance surely?
                                            Usually yeah, but I was just expecting better out of Hitch

Comment

Comment

Why do computer screens not come with the ability to raise them up with a sort of extender built into the stand.

I am 6"1' so not a giant and use a pretty standard height chair and desk. I have spent the last 10 years with reams of paper under my monitor to stop my self getting neck ache because of a fairly stupid design flaw.

Sort it out HP/IBM etc

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                  My screens I'm looking at right now are height adjustable.

They're made by HP.

HP Compaq LA2405x

https://www.google.co.uk/shopping/pr...FYU8Ggod6ywE3w
                                                  Damn the cheap skates I work for

Comment

Why do computer screens not come with the ability to raise them up with a sort of extender built into the stand.

I am 6"1' so not a giant and use a pretty standard height chair and desk. I have spent the last 10 years with reams of paper under my monitor to stop my self getting neck ache because of a fairly stupid design flaw.

Sort it out HP/IBM etc
                                                    Use a ream of A4 like everyone else? My monitor at home is standing on my copy of The Diceman.
                                                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Damn the cheap skates I work for
                                                      Cheap Office Option

----
                                                      Cheaper Office Option
                                                      Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                      Use a ream of A4 like everyone else? My monitor at home is standing on my copy of The Diceman.

Comment

The Dell ones I use are all adjustable too
                                                        airport, lol

Comment

Oh well la di da bbv. Just me with the stacks of blank paper under my screen all low tech.

I didnt read that diceman book but from what I heard on here taking one out of reading circulation is definitely a good thing to do for humanity.

Comment

3 monitors on this desk are adjustable, poor richie.

You can buy desk or wall mounted monitor arms, they are awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                              3 monitors on this desk are adjustable, poor richie.

You can buy desk or wall mounted monitor arms, they are awesome.

Only 3?

SPOILER

Comment

Heading directly from work (in Cherrywood near Bray) to the Sportsgound in Galway for Connacht's first match of the Pro 12 season - have never watched a game in the Clan Terrace before and am slightly apprehensive about the weather; the Clan Terrace is westerly-facing, which obviously can be serious problem if you're on the Atlantic coast in inclement weather!

Comment

Do you look at 8 screens all day Denny? Do you not get crazy headaches and shit eyesight?

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
                                                                    Yo Danny,
                                                                    I'm on the reservation list for the 1+2 but I think it's gonna take ages. If you have a spare invite lying around, I'd love to be considered.

Cheers bro

EDIT:

Just seen DP got one too - dying for an invite bro - help a brother out ?
                                                                    Just got the one for meself dude.
                                                                    If i get others I'll pass them on
                                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                      Heading directly from work (in Cherrywood near Bray) to the Sportsgound in Galway for Connacht's first match of the Pro 12 season - have never watched a game in the Clan Terrace before and am slightly apprehensive about the weather; the Clan Terrace is westerly-facing, which obviously can be serious problem if you're on the Atlantic coast in inclement weather!
                                                                      Just stand as far back as you can and you'll be safer. Front 5 or 6 rows get it pretty bad if the wind is the wrong way.

Am missing the game tonight as thesis is due Tuesday. [emoji35]

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                        Yeah. You take a toilet paper and use it to lift the seat up without touching the seat then you piss. Makes it so much more pleasant for the next guy who needs a crap that when he puts down the seat it's dry of piss splash.
                                                                        Also not flushing the bowl goes hand in hand with these seat down pissers.

It's some sort of subliminal anti establishment thinking. You can be sure these same guys don't take the same course of action at home.
                                                                        There is a few lads on my floor that seem to take perverse please in leaving skid marks all over the bowl.
                                                                        There is a strong hint of 'let the cleaner deal with that' that I get from it.
                                                                        Cunce of the highest order.
                                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                          Do you look at 8 screens all day Denny? Do you not get crazy headaches and shit eyesight?
                                                                          Have 10, 8 + info screen + laptop.

Not really tbh. I used to feel blind sometimes leaving work, like my eyes had forgotten how to use long vision, but not any more.
                                                                          Last edited by Denny Crane; 04-09-15, 15:44.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                            $150...I'm nearly sure I can convince her that this is a good idea

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                              $150...I'm nearly sure I can convince her that this is a good idea
                                                                              toy for the babby.

Comment

Have 10, 8 + info screen + laptop.

Not really tbh. I used to feel blind sometimes leaving work, like my eyes had forgotten how to use long vision, but not any more.
                                                                                Look after those pretty eyes m8 x

Comment

I wear gunnar glasses for eyestrain, cant live without them.

Comment

A couple of people here do too. We don't talk to them.

Comment

This is ridiculous.

Hows a guy to knock one out at these speeds.

This too shall pass.

Comment

What are they?
                                                                                        airport, lol

Comment

A couple of people here do too. We don't talk to them.
                                                                                          Nevermind Tar I've a rep to protect
                                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

they are like a better version of flux since they actually have lens to block light, they are just glasses to help with eye strain, they also have a small magnification which is sweet.
                                                                                            eyes were sore and strained all the time, these stopped it completely after a couple days of use.

Try GUNNAR glasses to enhance your digital life and protect your vision. GUNNAR Optiks offers a real-world solution to keep your eyes safe while using gadgets.

here i am showing them off now

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                              There is a few lads on my floor that seem to take perverse please in leaving skid marks all over the bowl.
                                                                                              There is a strong hint of 'let the cleaner deal with that' that I get from it.
                                                                                              Cunce of the highest order.
                                                                                              Yeah thats it, ''they get their pound of flesh outa me'' mentality. Another thing, they dry their hands with paper towel roll it in a ball and throw it in the sink even though there is a foot pedal bin. Last living brain cell stuff.

Comment

St Etienne playing in the NCH next tuesday, used to be be my go-to sunday comedown band back in the day.
                                                                                                Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                                                https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Hup Mayooooooooooh. Agus Gaillimh abu.
                                                                                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

GEORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGIA

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                                                      GEORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGIA
                                                                                                      Hopefully they hold and Germany Poland draw. Would be great results for Ireland.

Comment

Meh to the other game, Georgia win and we are favs to get 3rd.

Comment

You people are here far too long for that. Do ye not learn?
                                                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Don't bring it up ffs that's how it happens. Scotland win 3-1 now obv...

Comment

X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                              Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Comment

Comment

Get in. Some result for us.

Comment

All fun and games until they do us on Monday.

Comment

Last gameday could be epic now, could conceivably go to Poland with chances of auto qualification, playoffs and being eliminated in the one night.
                                                                                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X