Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like the Irish governments minimum price per unit of alcohol plan has been swept into the slop tray by the EU, after this ruling on the similar Scottish plan.

Nicola Sturgeon’s plan to fix a minimum price for alcohol has suffered a huge blow after the European court’s top lawyer ruled it would risk infringing EU law on free trade.

In a formal opinion on Sturgeon’s flagship policy, the advocate general to the European court of justice, Yves Bot, has said fixing a legal price for all alcoholic drinks could only be justified to protect public health if no other mechanism, such as tax increases, could be found.

The ECJ said Bot was “of the opinion that such a system risks infringing the principle of the free movement of goods and would only be legal if it could be shown that no other mechanism was capable of achieving the desired result of protecting public health.
    First minister will ‘vigorously’ defend policy after European court of justice advocate general said plans risk infringing EU law on free trade

Let us raise a can of dutch gold to this ruling.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
      I'd say HR would have a hard time maintaining a straight face if you complained that your colleague had the sniffles. But keep fighting the weird fight sickpuppy.
      You would be surprised about what sort of crap HR have to deal with and I would say this isn't the weirdest or most petty.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
        You would be surprised about what sort of crap HR have to deal with and I would say this isn't the weirdest or most petty.
        Air conditioning wars
        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

I have some mad stories from both ex employer and current. Unfortunately not for public consumption. Probably should change my profile pic and username. Is A Citizen Erased back available .
          His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Got my invite for the OnePlusTwo this morning, currently still in Barcelona and kept getting a redirect loop as I couldn't get to the Irish store, rang my friend to get him to do it for me hopefully he wont' remember my passwords and steal all my loot

OnePlus' #hyped "Flagship Killer" gets the full review treatment!OnePlus 2 Unboxing: https://youtu.be/Aq6RRmDExeI5 OnePlus 2 Impressions: https://youtu.be/91...
            "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

A friend here asked a colleague for a loan of a score on the day before payday and she reported him to HR. He was called up and admonished. LOL.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Oh the extreme embarassment there must have been in that conversation with HR!
                  I would say poor HR felt embarrassed that they had to be involved tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                    Got my invite for the OnePlusTwo this morning, currently still in Barcelona and kept getting a redirect loop as I couldn't get to the Irish store, rang my friend to get him to do it for me hopefully he wont' remember my passwords and steal all my loot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8Un0XB_8xk
                    Teamviewer onto your friend's/relation's PC. Job done in 5 mins.

Comment

Got mine too, I are excite, bit annoyed at the €20 delivery fee though.

Fuck it, company buying it
                      Last edited by DeadParrot; 03-09-15, 14:13.
                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Oh the extreme embarassment there must have been in that conversation with HR!
                        horrible stuff. Ok he shouldn't really be asking for a loan but it was small money and all she had to do was say GTFO. I asked him numerous times to tell me who it was but he wouldn't reveal. Have my suspicions of course

If I was reported every time I needed a dig out I'd be camped outside the door of HR

Comment

In a taxi and either on a hidden camera show or with a serial killer.

His Ukranian bride to be over there changed her sim card on him. Cant understand why. Hes flying over to aKiev and taking a 7 hour train to find her....

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                            Got mine too, I are excite, bit annoyed at the €20 delivery fee though.

Fuck it, company buying it
                            What's the total cost?

Comment

Je Suis Brady

Tom Brady will be under center for the Patriots' season opener next Thursday. His four-game suspension was nullified by Judge Richard Berman.

The ruling, handed down by U.S. District Judge Richard Berman on Thursday morning, nullified the four-game suspension levied against the Patriots quarterback back on May 11 when Ted Wells, an independent investigator hired by the NFL, asserted Brady's connection to deflated footballs used in the AFC Championship Game this past season.

Comment

Fuck all yous and your rugby world cup
                                I hate the bandwagon bullshite, oh we are number 5 in the world,... of about 9 teams you bellend, more skill in womens netball, actually I dont mind the women saying they are rugby fans as you cant blame them, I am a fan of lingerie football myself, also
                                It was always the fat unskillful players who played rugby in school,

Oh its a mans game not a bunch of pansies running around a field, fuck off with that shite too, Boxing or MMA is a tough sport if thats what you want to watch.

And another thing, too many sports in this fucking country, if we keep on divesfing our small albeit impressive talent pool, we are gonna be fucked

Comment

Quality rant.

9/10.
                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by poprock View Post
                                    I hate the bandwagon bullshite, oh we are number 5 in the world,... of about 9 teams you bellend, more skill in womens netball, actually I dont mind the women saying they are rugby fans as you cant blame them, I am a fan of lingerie football myself, also

Oh its a mans game not a bunch of pansies running around a field, fuck off with that shite too, Boxing or MMA is a tough sport if thats what you want to watch.

And another thing, too many sports in this fucking country, if we keep on divesfing our small albeit impressive talent pool, we are gonna be fucked
                                    number 3 fwiw, you were second last week but dropped a place after that loss against Wales last week

Comment

Comment

If anyone can help with a couple of tickets for Sunday's hurling it would be much appreciated.

Comment

Long shot but if anyone is interested in 3 tickets to the Ireland Canada game in Cardiff let me know. Block U7, Row 21, seats 18-20. They were £85 each.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                            What's the total cost?
                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

New Ryanair flight Dub-Amsterdam starting in October. Quite the statement of intent on Ryanairs primary airport plans.
                                              Nice! Although flights there with aer lingus have always been reasonable this should be a bit of competition.

Comment

Ryanair also having a sale on those flights btw.

€44 return for 19:30 Friday 30th October -> 18:25 Sunday 1st November.

€10 flights midweek too

Comment

New Ryanair flight Dub-Amsterdam starting in October. Quite the statement of intent on Ryanairs primary airport plans.
                                                  Just checked my christmas flights... no difference at all. Oh well.
                                                  May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Comment

Another Period.

I dont know if this was mentioned already but a cracking breakfast comedy.
                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

England looking a price in running here bigger than 2/1. They were surpassing theses totals for fun in the New Zealand ODI series, Morgan squad bat aggressive and deep, fancy them to chase this, no Root but plenty of quality there.
                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                          About time. Ridiculous suspension in the first place.

Comment

So I can only assume you are not going to join myself and PSV58 on the bandwagon for the world cup (assuming Ireland are doing well) and then immediately onto the hype train for McGregor?

Also can anyone tell me how many goals you get for scoring a try in "rugger"?

Comment

5 goals m8. 2 goals for a point after a 5 goal try and 3 goals for an over from a penalty or dropkick.

Comment

hahah i appreciate a quality rant i must say!

Comment

So many annoying work place cunce. Luckily i dont have to work closely with any of them but early morning shavers have to be on the lower echelon. They get some morbid thrill of shaving on company time, yipee good for you you cheap cunce.
                                                                  Also people letting doors go in your face when they know you are behind them are the worst of the worst. They only need to keep a trailing hand on the door but no they are above a common courtesy.
                                                                  Next person that does that im going to boot the door into the hinge to frighten the shit out of them.
                                                                  People pissing over a downed toilet seat are the worst mongrels of the lot.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                    So many annoying work place cunce. Luckily i dont have to work closely with any of them but early morning shavers have to be on the lower echelon. They get some morbid thrill of shaving on company time, yipee good for you you cheap cunce.
                                                                    Also people letting doors go in your face when they know you are behind them are the worst of the worst. They only need to keep a trailing hand on the door but no they are above a common courtesy.
                                                                    Next person that does that im going to boot the door into the hinge to frighten the shit out of them.
                                                                    Nothing can top a man with his own self appointed nickname on the back of a premiership jersey surely

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                      Nothing can top a man with his own self appointed nickname on the back of a premiership jersey surely
                                                                      And the number 69. Legend
                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

Agree on all.

Someone stole my yoghurt from the fridge yesterday. I left it in there at 8:55. Came back at 09:10 and it was gone. Peasantry of the highest order really.

Also, people walking past you with their heads down and not acknowledging you.

Comment

About to get stuck back in to Narcos, excited.

Just discovered that 7 bed in Glasnevin you were all talking about last week belongs to a friend of mine, well her mother. Nice gaff.
                                                                          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by TheJiggaman View Post
                                                                            Agree on all.

Someone stole my yoghurt from the fridge yesterday. I left it in there at 8:55. Came back at 09:10 and it was gone. Peasantry of the highest order really.

Also, people walking past you with their heads down and not acknowledging you.
                                                                            So used to this its second nature. The same people come in and meet you and act so warm and just an hour previous or after that they ghost by you on a corridor. How can someone walk around zombie like and not take in whats coming toward them. Beggars belief.
                                                                            Im so desensitized to it now and this happened earlier today, although compelled to help i didnt give a car a push when i seen it was broken down and pushed by a single person because i know the driver isnt just an unlucky individual its because hes neglected looking after the maintenance of the car. Like they think they can just drive endlessly without any upkeep.
                                                                            The same ilk that piss over a downed toilet seat.

Comment

Cunce that don't acknowledge you when you hold one open for them are bigger cunce.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                England looking a price in running here bigger than 2/1. They were surpassing theses totals for fun in the New Zealand ODI series, Morgan squad bat aggressive and deep, fancy them to chase this, no Root but plenty of quality there.
                                                                                Uh oh

Comment

That poor dude is probably posting online right now about how he hates cunce that trot on by when he's pushing a car on his own.

Prob getting liked all over the shop.

Comment

Yo Danny,
                                                                                    I'm on the reservation list for the 1+2 but I think it's gonna take ages. If you have a spare invite lying around, I'd love to be considered.

Cheers bro

EDIT:

Just seen DP got one too - dying for an invite bro - help a brother out ?
                                                                                    Last edited by newbie2; 03-09-15, 20:03.

Comment

I'd love to one day own a company where people actually beg to buy my product.

Genius stuff tbf.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

Genius stuff tbf.
                                                                                        Make reservation lists and invites. Seems to be the key.Creates hyperbole for the masses like if you get one you feel you are the chosen one.

Comment

Guy I worked with in the bookies years ago used to make himself go for a shite every day in work.

Comment

I strongly agree. Pissing on a toilet seat takes a special kind of selfishness really. I saw a guy start a fight in a pub in Edinburgh because he went into a stall as someone was leaving and there was piss on the seat.

Justified and the bouncers laughed when they were told and let the guy who started the fight back in.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

Genius stuff tbf.
                                                                                              It's hardly begging -it's not like it's smack or something

Make reservation lists and invites. Seems to be the key.Creates hyperbole for the masses like if you get one you feel you are the chosen one.
                                                                                              Genius idea IMO - they also have a great idea of product demand - so they don't over /under produce and can predict future sales very easily when looking for funding etc.

Originally posted by shano1888 View Post
                                                                                              Guy I worked with in the bookies years ago used to make himself go for a shite every day in work.
                                                                                              I also try to take a shite in work where possible. Getting paid to shite is the nutz

Comment

This should be punishable with said door being closed on the cunce heads.
                                                                                                Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                And the number 69. Legend
                                                                                                Got a class Chelsea away jersey for my birthday few years back off a m8. Delighted.

He got CHD 88 put on it.

It's still in a bag somewhere as good as new.

Comment

in fairness, anyone over the age of 16 who owns replica sports kit of any variety is clearly retarded and in need of sectioning

nothing sadder than some middle-aged fecker whose GAA\Premiership\rugby shirt can't contain his belly
                                                                                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

I'm liking the personalised google doodle for me today. It's a load of cakes and when I hover over it, it wishes me happy birthday.

Thanks Google.

Glad to be out of hospital anyhow, but will have to go back in a few weeks to get my gallbladder out

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                      in fairness, anyone over the age of 16 who owns replica sports kit of any variety is clearly retarded and in need of sectioning

nothing sadder than some middle-aged fecker whose GAA\Premiership\rugby shirt can't contain his belly
                                                                                                      I haven't bought a jersey in years but there is absolutely nothing wrong with wearing/owning them.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                        I'm liking the personalised google doodle for me today. It's a load of cakes and when I hover over it, it wishes me happy birthday.

Thanks Google.

Glad to be out of hospital anyhow, but will have to go back in a few weeks to get my gallbladder out
                                                                                                        Good luck Dom sister had hers out last year and was back on her feet couple of days later.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                          Haven't bought any in 10 or so years but get the odd free bit of Marseilles training stuff from work and the old jerseys I have do me fine for gym and 5 a side.

Chelsea jersey with 88 on the back, bet the aul Chelsea skinhead supporters love you CHD.

Comment

Think I'm with RDIII on this one. Team branded zip-up or polo or something is OK, but actual replica jersey not so much. Might extend the age bracket out to early 20s though.

Comment

Golfing buddy having a mare. On the 10 tee box I told him I'd buy him a pint if he got a par on the back nine. With no par to his name he birdies the 18th. He was horrified when I wouldn't buy him a pint and called me all the names under the sun.

#Justified.
                                                                                                              Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                                                                                                Haven't bought any in 10 or so years but get the odd free bit of Marseilles training stuff from work and the old jerseys I have do me fine for gym and 5 a side.

Chelsea jersey with 88 on the back, bet the aul Chelsea skinhead supporters love you CHD.
                                                                                                                They do enjoy drunk CHD on the very occasional encounters.

Comment

I wore my Man Utd Jersey to over 35 training tonight, imagining I was Tony Martial, starting all over again. Mind you I did get it as a present (the aon one), out of date already. I would buy an Ireland soccer jersey if I hadn't got one for free from the fai. You have to wear a replica jersey to an international match, same as a Munster Jersey to Thomond park.

I had a dream years ago that I was playing for Utd at old Trafford under floodlights. Best dream ever, I scored two and one was a free kick into the Stretford end. I kid you not. The next day I scored two goals in a junior soccer game in irishtown stadium, no free kick though. nobody believed my dream.
                                                                                                                  "Let your boat of life be light, packed with only what you need - a homely home and simple pleasures, one or two friends, worth the name, someone to love and someone to love you, a cat, a dog, and a pipe or two, enough to eat and enough to wear, and a little more than enough to drink; for thirst is a dangerous thing." Jerome K. Jerome Three men in a Boat

Comment

Seriously.
                                                                                                                    "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

WP Bohemians

Comment

A lot of football clubs seem to be doing that, saw a Celtic one last week.

Comment

Mr.Robot Ep 10

SPOILER

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X