X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Keane View Post
    Do duvets seriously cost that much? Mind blown
    for 99.99999999999999999999999999999999999999999% of the population they don't. the sheets are more important to me than the actual duvet, unless i intend to sleep outside with it in the middle of winter.

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
      Anyone know of any decent data recovery services for a fried external HD?
      www.criticaldata.ie. I've used them before and happy to recommend. Beware that the price could easily shoot up to 200-300 pretty quickly depending on the nature of the problem.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Didn't take long for all the Bridies and holy Joes to ring in about that recruits show last night. A nation of sissys.

Comment

Hitch me auld man, am considering throwing some money onto NBG (National Bank of Greece) soon for a gamble. You reckon it is +/- ev? Currently sitting at $0.64

Interactive financial charts for analysis and generating trading ideas on TradingView!

Thoughts?
            Go big or go homeless.

Comment

lol

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                Do duvets seriously cost that much? Mind blown
                You can get them between €20 and obv €1300. Until I did my bedroom up a few months ago I had a heavy quilted bedspread that was €300. It is now in a box after some seams splitting but it was lovely to sleep with.

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                That's like saying a 1.1 Micra is a grand car, and it is, until you decide to drive a 5 series. I was a sceptic but honestly it is probably one of the greatest things I have ever purchased.

The thread count matters more than the fact that it is Egyptian Cotton.
                We spent a decent amount on a new duvet at the same time as we got rid of the qullted one. It is lovely to feel without the cover on it, but once the cover is on it it just feels like a normal duvet. But the fit is perfect. In the guest room we have a bog standard duvet and it doesn't seem to fit the duvet cover right. It could just be the duvet cover as it is a Frozen one as the wee doll sleeps in the bed now.

Not sure what the thread count was for the ones we bought, they were pricey enough. The range was Dorma 1000 from DunelM but not sure if that was the thread count or not.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                  Denny, I got this one and it's class. Pretty sure I got it for 30% less than that in a sale. Disagree that Arnott's is a rip off. Similarly priced to everywhere else. Also get a few 400 thread count sheets/duvet cover. Anything more than 400 thread count is a ruse:

http://www.arnotts.ie/Product/karla-...e_rounded%252b
                  I mostly mean that it's a rip off because the sale prices are completely different, not just comparing it to other B&M stores. When a product can be 30-90% off depending on time of year in a physical store you know you'll be able to get a similar quality product online for less. There was 400e off the duvet when my gf bought one at the time in there (85% off))

Now to find a good vegan duvet -_-
                  Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 01-09-15, 11:51.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                    In all fairness, nobody had heard of Ronaldo until they signed him...
                    Both arsenal and iiverpool had bid his reported release fee before utd tripled it to get him

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                      Anyone know of any decent data recovery services for a fried external HD?
                      Like anything, its a question of degrees.
                      How fried is it?
                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                        Both arsenal and iiverpool had bid his reported release fee before utd tripled it to get him
                        No bid but was heavily on the radar, Thompson told the story a good few years back.

Thompson also revealed Liverpool were close to signing Cristiano Ronaldo before he joined Manchester United.

"One star who got away in surprising fashion was Cristiano Ronaldo, who shocked us when he signed for Manchester United in 2003, for an astonishing £12m. I say astonishing because we had been offered the player for £4m.

"I was invited to watch Sporting Lisbon play Porto in the last game of the season. Ronaldo was playing for Sporting. Tony Henry, the former Manchester City player and agent, was on the phone on a regular basis to see if he could take us to watch him.

"I met Tony at the airport and travelled to Porto. I met the player's Portuguese agent before watching the game. Ronaldo was quite good, but not as impressive as the first time I saw him. Tony was pushing the boy and saying he was a talent. He was saying: 'He will only cost £4m.'

"He added: 'It can be paid over the course of his contract, £1m a year.'

"He also said that the player wanted £1m tax free. I said: 'The boy is only 18. That is a massive problem,' but Tony suggested it was negotiable.

"I returned back the following day impressed with what I had seen and mentioned it to Gerard. He said: 'I will ask Rick.'

"We had just signed Florent Sinama-Pongolle and Anthony Le Tallec, both on far less than Ronaldo's aspirations. And we would have had anarchy if the other players had found out how much we were considering paying for an 18-year-old kid.

"We looked for a compromise. Ten days later I was sitting in a lounge at Anfield having some lunch and looking at the big TV screen. Up came the news United had signed Ronaldo from Lisbon for £12.2m. Gerard and myself nearly choked on our food.

"Gerard said: 'Contact Tony Henry,' and I went straight out and rang him. I said: 'what happened? More importantly, what happened with the price?' He said: 'After you had been with me, I got a phone call the following week and was told to drop everything on the deal. Hand on heart, I really don't know what happened.'

"I went back and told Gerard the story. What happened, God only knows. For the fee to jump from £4m to £12m, especially as they seemed so desperate, was surprising to say the least."
                        Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                          I mostly mean that it's a rip off because the sale prices are completely different, not just comparing it to other B&M stores. When a product can be 30-90% off depending on time of year in a physical store you know you'll be able to get a similar quality product online for less. There was 400e off the duvet when my gf bought one at the time in there (85% off))

Now to find a good vegan duvet -_-
                          Didn't even consider that down duvets would be out for you vegans as I presume the duck/geese are pretty dead after getting plucked and if not quickly turned into dinner anyway.

That sucks

Comment

will ye fuck off with yer posh duvets. Pennys 12 quid job done
                            Her sky-ness
                            © 5starpool

Comment

Just when I see Parry's name mentioned above it reminds me that one of the Liverpool podcasts did a interview with him recently in which he was quite candid and open about his time at Liverpool. It will only really interest Liverpool fans but is a very good listen.

You can listen to it here - https://instaud.io/8wj

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                Hitch me auld man, am considering throwing some money onto NBG (National Bank of Greece) soon for a gamble. You reckon it is +/- ev? Currently sitting at $0.64

Interactive financial charts for analysis and generating trading ideas on TradingView!

Thoughts?
                                I'm always hearing these are up/down 30% and I always wonder who the hell is in them

Comment

Lads, i want Sky, multi room and sports HD pack. Possibly Broadband. (I know UPC would be vastly superior but 50mb would be just fine and I'll happily take it if it is cheaper as a whole)

Was waiting patiently for a Groupon offer but she doesn't seem to be coming.

What's the best offer out there at the moment?

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                    Fucking guitar wankers when they come in drunk and first thing in the morning, wtf!
                                    Next door neighbours like a sing song on the occasional Tuesday when they get home from the pub. Was just getting to sleep one night they arrived in at about 1 and started with some Johnny Cash, paper thin walls means I may have well have been there. Still going when I left for work.

That being said I'm sure I've returned the favour at some daft hours with some music they probably don't like, but at least I usually keep it to the weekend.
                                    airport, lol

Comment

In 1967, Moshe Safdie reimagined the monolithic apartment building, creating “Habitat ’67,” which gave each unit an unprecedented sense of openness. Nearly 50 years later, he believes the need for this type of building is greater than ever. In this short talk, Safdie surveys a range of projects that do away with the high-rise and let light permeate into densely-packed cities.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                        I'm always hearing these are up/down 30% and I always wonder who the hell is in them
                                        To be fair I have never bought shares that weren't bank of ireland :P. I just got the following message from a friend earlier and figured I'd ask hitch for his thoughts before following blindly

'I was looking at the NBG (National Bank of Greece) lately. It looks like an interesting binary bet:

The way I see it we have three options for a 5 year holding period of 500 shares:

A) Greece goes bust = Loss $320 @ buy in of $0.64
                                        B) Greece sees more problems = Loss $160 @ $0.34 exit

C) Greece sees a partial recovery = Win $470 @ $1.58 exit
                                        D) Greece has a good recovery = Win > $1000 @ $2.5 exit
                                        E) Greece has an great recovery ... ?'

So this is the chap who is in it, and I am the chap who follows blindly into it
                                        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                          Lads, i want Sky, multi room and sports HD pack. Possibly Broadband. (I know UPC would be vastly superior but 50mb would be just fine and I'll happily take it if it is cheaper as a whole)

Was waiting patiently for a Groupon offer but she doesn't seem to be coming.

What's the best offer out there at the moment?
                                          Ring Sky up and ask. Tell them that's too expensive and hang up the phone. Wait.

Comment

To be fair I have never bought shares that weren't bank of ireland :P. I just got the following message from a friend earlier and figured I'd ask hitch for his thoughts before following blindly

'I was looking at the NBG (National Bank of Greece) lately. It looks like an interesting binary bet:

The way I see it we have three options for a 5 year holding period of 500 shares:

You're forgetting the one where you don't get paid in the currency you invested in
                                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Says there are 3 options.
                                              Gives 5 options.

Comment

Cian Heally cleared for the England game. Must be some amount of stem cells rubbed on that neck.

Shame about Andy Trimble as would have preferred him to travel along with Marmion and leave both earls and fitzgerald at home.

Delighted to see Cave get a spot tho he looked good when he was given the shot. Shame we didn't try out cave 12, henshaw 13 and payne 15 at any stage since all our back bar Rob Kearney are utility backs. Would have been no harm for Rob to see some real pressure since he has been off his best for 2 seasons now

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                  Gives 5 options.
                                                  The last 2 where Greece does well are clearly nonesense so dont get counted

Comment

Lose
                                                    Lose
                                                    Win
                                                    Win
                                                    ???
                                                    Profit

Comment

Gives 5 options.
                                                      After calling it a binary bet

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                        After calling it a binary bet
                                                        Is his surname Fibonacci?

Comment

I'll take 3 shares Dug

Comment

Gives 5 options.
                                                            Yeah I laughed at that too, think he was somehow thinking a&b and d&e are clumped together. Had a laugh at the email but guy normally makes money(luckily by the sounds of the replies) so posted in case there was any merit as have lost track of what's happening in greece lately.
                                                            Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                              I'll take 3 shares Dug
                                                              Cool, I'll take cash thursday 4pm m8.
                                                              Go big or go homeless.

Comment

In London for the day. It makes the rising economic activity in Dublin seem positively anemic. 1300 euro for a duvet would be pauper shit over here I reckon.

I bought new bed linen, pillows, duvets and the works in IKEA and was pretty pleased Denny.
                                                                ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Is it the nugget dude?
                                                                  X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                  Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                                                    Is it the nugget dude?
                                                                    Nah would be class if it was though
                                                                    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                      In London for the day. It makes the rising economic activity in Dublin seem positively anemic. 1300 euro for a duvet would be pauper shit over here I reckon.

I bought new bed linen, pillows, duvets and the works in IKEA and was pretty pleased Denny.
                                                                      Given your impending arrival, IKEA everything is the way to go. Was somewhat discombobulated to find a nice silk tie being used to tow a toy rabbit around the garden at the weekend.
                                                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                        Given your impending arrival, IKEA everything is the way to go. Was somewhat discombobulated to find a nice silk tie being used to tow a toy rabbit around the garden at the weekend.
                                                                        I good while ago I was at a friends so the youngest could have a play date. The four kids were tearing about upstairs and eventually her eldest who is 5 came in with adults pink fluffy handcuffs. The look on the couples face was priceless.

I just said, "you know it could have been worse"

Comment

If you are going to IKEA, then get everything there......I found that if you buy an Arnotts duvet for example, then the IKEA cover wouldn't fit exactly. The same goes for sheets, and pillow cases. Just slightly different sizes,the kingsize being slightly big, so best to buy the Ikea covers and sheets to fit their own duvets.

Can anyone point me in the direction to see last Sundays season finale of Casualty. Forgot to record it. (Without using iplayer ) Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Fiery Wasabi View Post
                                                                            If you are going to IKEA, then get everything there......I found that if you buy an Arnotts duvet for example, then the IKEA cover wouldn't fit exactly. The same goes for sheets, and pillow cases. Just slightly different sizes,the kingsize being slightly big, so best to buy the Ikea covers and sheets to fit their own duvets.

Can anyone point me in the direction to see last Sundays season finale of Casualty. Forgot to record it. (Without using iplayer ) Thanks.
                                                                            Smurph surely.....

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                I think we should have a debate about the European migration/refugee crisis to liven things up

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                  I think we should have a debate about the European migration/refugee crisis to liven things up
                                                                                  Illegal immigrants. Ship them back.

The conclusion of Recruits just starting now on RTE1

Comment

Or your favourite bag of crisps
                                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

Its a terrible situation.
                                                                                      The question is for how many years will navys keep picking up the poor people from flimsy crafts.
                                                                                      I think there are 10s of millions of people who will risk it of they can afford the people smugglers fees.
                                                                                      Natos interference and regime change has caused the libyan crisis.
                                                                                      Europe has huge unemployment at the moment with germany taking a staggering 800000 refugees- migrants where the hell are they going to put them and for how long?

Ireland has said they will take 600 Syrians a proper war zone which is a small number but the country regularly fails its own citizens and an asylum backlog is already here.

It sounds inhumane but if navys keep picking up the people from the useless boats they are crowded on they will keep coming tow them back to where ever coast they launched from and good luck.

Australias policy of returning boats that are launched from indonesia and have set up camps in Papua new guinea to process applicants.
                                                                                      Im sure conditions are tough but it stopped the waves of boats.

Europe does not need millions of mostly young men form 18-35 with backward ideologys and no ability to pay there way as being asylum seekers they wont be allow work.
                                                                                      Merkel herself has said multiculturism has not worked so why she would burden her country with 800000 extra people is mind boggling.
                                                                                      Might be guilt from the nazi past.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                                                                        why she would burden her country with 800000 extra people...
                                                                                        What 800,000 ?

I heard some Anti European brit whinging wanting to know why they all come to Europe
                                                                                        After the tragic crisis in Syria, more than half of all Syrians have left their homes. Where are they?DATA SOURCEShttp://data.unhcr.org/syrianrefugees/region...
                                                                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                          What 800,000 ?

I heard some Anti European brit whinging wanting to know why they all come to Europe
                                                                                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_QrIapiNOw

This is a green light hence countrys like Hungary are getting pressure to not protect there borders and own citizens.

Comment

Pope Francis this morning said that, as part of the celebration of the Holy Year of Mercy, he will permit priests to absolve women of the sin of abortion.
                                                                                            It's a mortal sin right? Holy Year of Mercy sounds gnarly though.
                                                                                            Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

...
                                                                                              "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                                                It's a mortal sin right? Holy Year of Mercy sounds gnarly though.
                                                                                                Just for the year? Savage run on the auld confession in December if so.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                  Or your favourite bag of crisps
                                                                                                  They are called Taytos m8.

Comment

People are just shit in general really though when you think about it.
                                                                                                    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

King, cheese and onion
                                                                                                      Chickatees
                                                                                                      Wheelies

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                                                                                        Its a terrible situation.
                                                                                                        The question is for how many years will navys keep picking up the poor people from flimsy crafts.
                                                                                                        I think there are 10s of millions of people who will risk it of they can afford the people smugglers fees.
                                                                                                        Natos interference and regime change has caused the libyan crisis.
                                                                                                        Europe has huge unemployment at the moment with germany taking a staggering 800000 refugees- migrants where the hell are they going to put them and for halllong?

Ireland has said they will take 600 Syrians a proper war zone which is a small number but the country regularly fails its own citizens and an asylum backlog is already here.

It sounds inhumane but if navys keep picking up the people from the useless boats they are crowded on they will keep coming tow them back to where ever coast they launched from and good luck.

Australias policy of returning boats that are launched from indonesia and have set up camps in Papua new guinea to process applicants.
                                                                                                        Im sure conditions are tough but it stopped the waves of boats.

Europe does not need millions of mostly young men form 18-35 with backward ideologys and no ability to pay there way as being asylum seekers they wont be allow work.
                                                                                                        Merkel herself has said multiculturism has not worked so why she would burden her country with 800000 extra people is mind boggling.
                                                                                                        Might be guilt from the nazi past.
                                                                                                        Actually nearly all western democracys need a constant influx of migrants to make up for the fact that we have negative birthrates.

Do you think America should have turned back the coffin ships from Ireland since they didn't need a large influx of people from a country with a backward ideology?

Comment

Originally posted by shano1888 View Post
                                                                                                          They are called Taytos m8.
                                                                                                          Top 3? I'll have to have a decent think before I answer myself. But yes you can't mess with the classic.
                                                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Chipstix
                                                                                                            Snax
                                                                                                            Niknaks nice n spicy
                                                                                                            48

Comment

People are just shit in general really though when you think about it.
                                                                                                              Nah people are pretty sound just a few massive assholes wreck it for the rest of us. Problem is they are very vocal and tend to get their own assholey way.

Comment

I'm thinking:

Tayto cheese and onion.
                                                                                                                O Donnells cheese and onion.
                                                                                                                Meanies
                                                                                                                airport, lol

Comment

Bit of a difference between travelling somewhere of your own volition, perhaps for work and thus needing a visa and being basically forced from your home and having no choice.

Comment

Salt and vinigar taytos
                                                                                                                    Cheese and onion taytos
                                                                                                                    Smokey bacon taytos

Comment

I think the lions share of the responsibility for taking in refugees should fall on the countries who manufacture and drop bombs across the middle east and are directly responsible for this crisis.The daily mail whingers can take a hike

Comment

Cliffs on Fennelly Report?

Comment

Cliffs on Fennelly Report?
                                                                                                                          Apparently shredding 8 bin bags of "personal" work documents is sound

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X