Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the most surprising thing is Dublin just knocking it around their own 20m line for the last minute instead of running it upfield from the free kick. No interest in winning.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
      I think the most surprising thing is Dublin just knocking it around their own 20m line for the last minute instead of running it upfield from the free kick. No interest in winning.
      Maybe they prefer the 70min variance to the 1 minute variance.

Comment

Goalkeeper was poor for first goal too. A header from 12/13 yards that bounces off the ground and in. You'd expect a child to save it.
        Ah, I don't know about that. First one is hard enough between trying to position yourself for the cross, then adapt your feet for the header then adapt again for the bounce of the wet surface. I wouldn't hold that against Romero, the second one on the other hand...

I'm also starting to come around to the conclusion that Rooney could be finished. I thought playing up top this season would re-energise him and we would at least see him take the United scoring record, but with how he's playing he'll be lucky to get 10 this campaign. End of an era.
        Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

mornin
          X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Case to be made for dumping Dublin into ulster with the rest of the filth? They are scum

Comment

KDB confirmed for City.

Great weekend for City seeing both Chelsea and Man Utd lose.

At this rate can't see anyone seriously challenging City for the title... I know, I know it is too early to be saying that but all the other teams have been muck and City has a very strong squad now, easily the best in the league.
              No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
                Ah, I don't know about that. First one is hard enough between trying to position yourself for the cross, then adapt your feet for the header then adapt again for the bounce of the wet surface. I wouldn't hold that against Romero, the second one on the other hand...

I'm also starting to come around to the conclusion that Rooney could be finished. I thought playing up top this season would re-energise him and we would at least see him take the United scoring record, but with how he's playing he'll be lucky to get 10 this campaign. End of an era.
                We'll have to agree to disagree. He gets paid to adapt in a split second. And the ball wasn't travelling that fast cos the header wasn't clean.

Yep, Rooney looks done but there's no replacement. Play long ball from the start and go with Fellaini or play Chica and have nothing physical up top. Should have taken Rooney and Memphis off today. I thought Herrera and Mata did ok. I was focusing on the GAA so didn't see all the United game.

Comment

Terrible game.

AJ, what's the story with a straight red? Does he just miss the replay or miss the final too?
                  Fairly sure it comes under GAA rule 37.3.1.
                  SPOILER
                  We reserve the right to apply any random penalty we want.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                    Case to be made for dumping Dublin into ulster with the rest of the filth? They are scum
                    Supremacy.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                      Fairly sure it comes under GAA rule 37.3.1.
                      SPOILER
                      We reserve the right to apply any random penalty we want.
                      2011 all over again, he will play on Saturday
                      airport, lol

Comment

I don't wanna say too much mainly because I'm painfully biased but anyone who wasn't in the ground doesn't have a clue what really went on out there today. What Aidan O'Shea did to Rory O'Carroll was sickening. The off the ball stuff was unreal all day. Dublin got pulled into a fight and they were idiots for allowing it to happen
                        You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                        World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                          I don't wanna say too much mainly because I'm painfully biased but anyone who wasn't in the ground doesn't have a clue what really went on out there today. What Aidan O'Shea did to Rory O'Carroll was sickening. The off the ball stuff was unreal all day. Dublin got pulled into a fight and they were idiots for allowing it to happen
                          Did you see Philly Mcmahons attempted head butt on O shea?
                          Im guessing o shea got a pain in the hole from having ahnds in his face and getting dragged to the ground every time he caught a ball.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                            Did you see Philly Mcmahons attempted head butt on O shea?
                            Im guessing o shea got a pain in the hole from having ahnds in his face and getting dragged to the ground every time he caught a ball.
                            I heard about it and he should have been sent off if it happened (I assume it did - weird complaint if not)

O'Shea did O'Carroll in the 3rd minute while the ball was in midfield and moving away from him. So I doubt it was something he did after a long day of annoyance. Also elbowing someone in the face and leaving them needing 20+ stitches is ok once you're a little frustrated?

Connolly should be banned for the next game from what I saw. He's a fucking head case

Comment

Was filthy by o shea, not like him.

What did Connolly actually do, punch? Himself and Phily mcmahon are scumbags and theres a couple of more at it too. Dublin let themselves down today really showed as a dirty team, if it was one of Northern teams they be slated way worse for that behaviour.

Here's the vine of the headbutt https://vine.co/v/eIgqgvBOHWZ
                              airport, lol

Comment

I heard about it and he should have been sent off if it happened (I assume it did - weird complaint if not)

O'Shea did O'Carroll in the 3rd minute while the ball was in midfield and moving away from him. So I doubt it was something he did after a long day of annoyance. Also elbowing someone in the face and leaving them needing 20+ stitches is ok once you're a little frustrated?

Connolly should be banned for the next game from what I saw. He's a fucking head case
                                Didn't see it course it's not ok. The coverage rarely shows the nasty stuff like that on replay. Connolly is a super footballer but a head case. In defence of the players huge pressure Clucton missing the 3 kicks and nearly gifting Mayo a goal. The ref was weak from the start and players knew it so the dirt continued.

Comment

Was hard to see what Connolly did but from what I saw Keegan grabbed him for the 1,000th time when he was moving into an attacking position and the two of them ended up on the deck at which point Connolly just savaged with a couple of boxes before Keegan got a hold of his head to stop him swinging.

Was one of the few decisions I thought McQuillan got right actually.

Both penalties looked soft, some of the frees in the first half were comically soft although Dublin's constant dissent didn't fucking help.

Ah I can't talk about this anymore. I'm still livid with how it ended

Comment

Sunday game should be interesting so

Comment

Kayroo, you sure it was O'Shea? The boys on boards say it was O'Connor???

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                        Dont be questioning him, he seen it from the hill.

Comment

Kayroo doing a Kevin Keegan impression, maybe there is something to this game.
                                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Young lad had a ball, They looked after him really well and seats we had were great.

As for the match, very poor first half . Those at the ground dont see replays of the controversial moments and those at home dont see the amount of off the ball stuff going on . Thought we had it wrapped up, then looked like Mayo would close it out and then Cluxton should have won it. Everybody coming out seemed relieved to have another chance.

Listening to a few Mayo conversations after the game , they seem very confident for next week. Apart from the injuries and suspension , I think both managers will make a good few changes. The way Mayo finished the match they will surely be inclined to start a more attacking formation and that will hopefully lead to a more entertaining game.

I wonder if they use the same flag bearers for replays?

Comment

Was hard to see what Connolly did but from what I saw Keegan grabbed him for the 1,000th time when he was moving into an attacking position ...
                                              LOL Thats nearly as good as the Sinn Fein / IRA Muppet they put out to bat on the radio today... except you can admit you are biased and its only a game
                                              Ah I can't talk about this anymore. I'm still livid with how it ended
                                              The only thing you should be is relieved. Ref made plenty of terrible decisions that helped Dublin but allowing them to kill more than half of the added time was his greatest gift.

I don't remember seeing such a level of ugly cynicism at play in any sport for a long time... but then what would you expect from any team that would pick a low life scummer like Connolly.

Oh and LOL Cluxton what a bottler
                                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                Dublin deserved to lose for that fucking shambles the last 15 minutes. An absolutely disgraceful collapse, led by Cluxton and Connolly being absolute muppets. Very poor quality game too. Kerry will be licking their lips.
                                                The Dublin team should head out for a few pints tonight and then train with their clubs until the replay. They look a collectively stale outfit after too much training and over-analysis and not being brought to the well often enough in terms of seriously intense close fought games. Maybe a night out at a comedy show might suit them more , in terms of preparing for the replay ,than their usual routine. They're playing with too much fear of losing, on today's showing.

It was hardly a shambles since Mayo only came out to play when the game looked to be lost after Dublins five minute feeding frenzy, shunning their negative but effective dual sweeper system at this stage. You could only have sneaking admiration for the fitness of the westerners and their been able to pull it out of the bag when all looked lost. It was mentioned on tv during the commentary that Mayo's no 10 Diarmuid O'Connor routinely runs 14 km during these games. Considering the professionals of the premiership average 8km or so during a ninety minute game that's impressive.

I haven't a clue how it will go next Saturday although Dublin probably will improve more for the game.
                                                "Let your boat of life be light, packed with only what you need - a homely home and simple pleasures, one or two friends, worth the name, someone to love and someone to love you, a cat, a dog, and a pipe or two, enough to eat and enough to wear, and a little more than enough to drink; for thirst is a dangerous thing." Jerome K. Jerome Three men in a Boat

Comment

I miss anything of note the last week?

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                    I miss anything of note the last week?
                                                    No. The final episode of Mr Robot was postponed, because it may in some way be a little like a guy go-proing his murdering of people on live TV, and then uploading the vid. Though like you said it does insist upon itself somewhat.
                                                    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                      No. The final episode of Mr Robot was postponed, because it may in some way be a little like a guy go-proing his murdering of people on live TV, and then uploading the vid. Though like you said it does insist upon itself somewhat.
                                                      WTF does that phrase mean

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                        WTF does that phrase mean
                                                        Alle credits and rights goes to the team behind family guy. I own nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by GingerMilla View Post
                                                          The Dublin team should head out for a few pints tonight and then train with their clubs until the replay. They look a collectively stale outfit after too much training and over-analysis and not being brought to the well often enough in terms of seriously intense close fought games. Maybe a night out at a comedy show might suit them more , in terms of preparing for the replay ,than their usual routine. They're playing with too much fear of losing, on today's showing.

It was hardly a shambles since Mayo only came out to play when the game looked to be lost after Dublins five minute feeding frenzy, shunning their negative but effective dual sweeper system at this stage. You could only have sneaking admiration for the fitness of the westerners and their been able to pull it out of the bag when all looked lost. It was mentioned on tv during the commentary that Mayo's no 10 Diarmuid O'Connor routinely runs 14 km during these games. Considering the professionals of the premiership average 8km or so during a ninety minute game that's impressive.

I haven't a clue how it will go next Saturday although Dublin probably will improve more for the game.

They'll get to see plenty of comical moments when they re-watch the last 10 minutes of today's game.

Comment

It was O'Connor. Sorry I was wrong about that one, was just set straight by a pal of mine that I kept saying O'Shea when he was nowhere near O'Carroll at the time

Comment

"wrist slitting wides",ouch,good thing the PC brigade don't watch The Sunday Game

Comment

Nice ground and pound from connolly there.

Comment

I don't wanna say too much mainly because I'm painfully biased
                                                                  Well at least that part is true.

Comment

Of all the red cards this weekend in the premiership Robert Huth probably deserved one the most. Funny auld game!!
                                                                    No premiership for 2 weeks now
                                                                    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Aiden O'Shea nominated for motm, LOL. What a joke.

IMO O'Connor won't be done for elbow, he swung back and will prob say he was just trying to break free. Connolly's red will stand. Philly Mc will get away with the head butt and Cooper will be ok because the ref dealt with it at the time.

Comment

"wrist slitting wides",ouch,good thing the PC brigade don't watch The Sunday Game
                                                                        You could see Tomas squirming beside him when he said it.

Comment

Originally posted by mcnugget View Post
                                                                          Well at least that part is true.
                                                                          I've never denied it. I've often stated my inability to be in any way rational or impartial when it comes to Dublin.

Comment

Just watched The Sunday Game.

Jesus that kick from the Dublin number 2 was it? Gets worse every time you see it. Absolute nacker shit. Whatever about two lads trading a few belts that's just scummy.

Also the number 4 got a nice few digs in after taking the man down for the penalty. On the back of the head while the Mayo man couldn't do anything about it.

Cillian O Connor gets MOTM and shouldn't have been on the pitch imo. Dirty dirty elbow from him.

Connolly red is fairly straight forward imo. Conclusive video footage shows him throwing a clear punch. Phillip McMahon very lucky to get away with the attempted head butt. I don't think there was much contact.

I've seen some people saying AOS should have got black for pulling Cluxton down. The Dub number 4 had AOS arm wrapped up dragging him back and then Cluxton kicked him into the stomach. 6/1 half a dozen the other etc etc.

Poor to see from both teams. Ref had an absolute mare. Mayo kicked it away.

Jim Gavin to emphasise discipline in training this week and Dublin to win the replay.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                                              At least the internationals are now Thursday through Tuesday and theres some decent fixtures in there (albeit not Irelands two).
                                                                              Also kinda glad to take a break from the abject misery that is FFL this year.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                                                Of all the red cards this weekend in the premiership Robert Huth probably deserved one the most. Funny auld game!!
                                                                                Yeah but then we get to see United beat Liverpool so it's grand.

Comment

Yeah but then we get to see United beat Liverpool so it's grand.
                                                                                  its the equivalent of meath beating Kildare in Leinster. Two shit sides who won't bother the big boys. hard to get excited about that rivalry anymore

Comment

The gave the motm to the wrong O Connor imo
                                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

Just watched The Sunday Game.

Jesus that kick from the Dublin number 2 was it? Gets worse every time you see it. Absolute nacker shit. Whatever about two lads trading a few belts that's just scummy.

Also the number 4 got a nice few digs in after taking the man down for the penalty. On the back of the head while the Mayo man couldn't do anything about it.

Cillian O Connor gets MOTM and shouldn't have been on the pitch imo. Dirty dirty elbow from him.

Connolly red is fairly straight forward imo. Conclusive video footage shows him throwing a clear punch. Phillip McMahon very lucky to get away with the attempted head butt. I don't think there was much contact.

I've seen some people saying AOS should have got black for pulling Cluxton down. The Dub number 4 had AOS arm wrapped up dragging him back and then Cluxton kicked him into the stomach. 6/1 half a dozen the other etc etc.

Poor to see from both teams. Ref had an absolute mare. Mayo kicked it away.

Jim Gavin to emphasise discipline in training this week and Dublin to win the replay.
                                                                                      Don't thing the o Connor incident was anywhere as bad as the others. It was pretty clear Dublin were by far the worse offenders today, Mcmahon an absolute geebag and as for Connolly fucking hell,does he work as drug gang enforcer or something?

Comment

its the equivalent of meath beating Kildare in Leinster. Two shit sides who won't bother the big boys. hard to get excited about that rivalry anymore
                                                                                        I'd take any three points going at this stage. Really hope something gets sorted before the CL starts so we don't just get annihilated. Shocking stuff today and LVG comes out and says we dominated for 85 mins. Sigh!

Comment

Don't thing the o Connor incident was anywhere as bad as the others. It was pretty clear Dublin were by far the worse offenders today, Mcmahon an absolute geebag and as for Connolly fucking hell,does he work as drug gang enforcer or something?
                                                                                          I don't know. It looked like he had a quick look before throwing the hand back. And it must have been some belt to open the man up like that. 10 stitches. Fuck that.

Agree the dubs were the worst offenders. I suppose it could have a "Tiarnan McCann" effect on the ref for next week's game.

Comment

Quite the crap week-end, when the high point is buying, and installing a new toilet seat https://www.aldi.ie/en/specialbuys/s...e-toilet-seat/

Comment

...
                                                                                              "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Raoul's man gone full retard - he wants to build a wall on the Canadian border

The GOP candidate said voters have raised concerns to him about terrorists entering US from north, as immigration has become hot-button Republican topic

Comment

Got a sample of some shaving oil the other day. Then got 6 more bottles from a friend last night. Just 3 drops needed to give you the perfect shave. Can't believe I never tried it before.

This stuff....http://www.totalshave.com/

@Dice, that was me yesterday. Were you having a quick pint in the Ivy house?

What do yiz think of this for 600K ..http://touch.daft.ie/sales/114-sycam...ublin/1101016/
                                                                                                  Last edited by Fiery Wasabi; 30-08-15, 22:14.

Comment

...
                                                                                                    "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

If there is more than 1 goal in the United vs Pool game I will be pleasantly surprised. Always planning on backing the boring 0-0 but with €5 scorecast going on Austin 1-0 though
                                                                                                      Also swansea and charlton's prices look very high(even though it's 2 weeks away). Won't know what to do with myself next weekend!!!

Might be heading for a lads holiday with Riggs and some others if any of ye might want a lads a trip away. Alternatively this Thursday we are gonna play puc fada(hurling golf), come along fuckers!!
                                                                                                      Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Just a note that pretty much all of Van the Mans discography has been added to Spotify. Moondance and Astral Weeks were added a couple of months back, but Veedon Fleece and, well everything is also there now. Enjoy!!

Filmed live at the Hollywood Bowl, LA, November 2008.©2012 Exile Productions.A CD of this concert can be bought from Amazon.com (for US sales) and Amazon.co....
                                                                                                        Last edited by LuckyLloyd; 30-08-15, 22:34.
                                                                                                        "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Some season for Jason Day
                                                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                            Some season for Jason Day
                                                                                                            Yeah,I saw some other player had two hole in ones today.

Comment

Walker out to 24/1, time to unload the second clip Duke.

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
                                                                                                                Yeah,I saw some other player had two hole in ones today.
                                                                                                                Yeah Brian Harman, I wonder will he have to buy two rounds for everyone at the bar now.
                                                                                                                airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                                  Yeah Brian Harman, I wonder will he have to buy two rounds for everyone at the bar now.
                                                                                                                  You working Thursday m8? few hours free if ya are?
                                                                                                                  Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Freddie Stevenson-I Am The OceanVideo produced Ray Foley Edited by Brock Grahamhttp://vimeo.com/31965392
                                                                                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

1.5m for a frownie faced house, wonder how much a smiley one costs.

Builders are back in business in Dublin - at least in the profitable back lanes of D2,4 and 6, where pocket-sized parcels can once again be redeveloped into svelte luxury one-off homes that sell for seven digits.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                                                                                                        1.5m for a frownie faced house, wonder how much a smiley one costs.

http://www.independent.ie/life/home-...-31483602.html
                                                                                                                        And then I go and spoil it all by posting something stupid like I love you.

Comment

SHOW YOUR SUPPORT, sign our petition at http://action.ceasefireusa.org/p/dia/action3/common/public/?action_KEY=19750States United To Prevent Gun Violence ope...

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X