This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
    I'd an afternoon meeting in M$ today and got drowned on my way back to the office and decided to spend the rest of the working day in a hotel bar.
    I could be onto something here. This telecommuting is so much better with beer. Am strangely productive.
    Its great until you meet some bastard that you know has tenuous links to the job and then your thinking will it filter its way back.

Comment

Cool thanks guys. I wasn't sure if hlyou had to stay in the airport when transiting through.

Comment

+ 1 on Coffee Angel IFSC. Other best ones are Kaph on Drury Street and the Van at the end of the park along the seafront in Dun Laoighre. The coffee in Seven Wonders is terrible, really weak.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
          I often feel it's the news hiding things that immunises people, really seeing how things are helps people take action or realise that they want things to change. Take the homeless and dug addicts here, I often hear about them here, what to do about their situation and so on. This is because they are in plain sight. In other countries that rigidly keep these people out of sight the people just assume that they have great rehabilitation process and don't even think about changing their systems to help anybody.

random drivel now to go home and eat.
          I think I'd prefer a system that had junkies out of sight out of mind tbh.
          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
            Its great until you meet some bastard that you know has tenuous links to the job and then your thinking will it filter its way back.
            The hotel bar is full of contractors and lovies. i'm pretty bulletproof
            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Wrt to the twee cafe nonsense we were on about this morn I'm not usually exposed to the full horrors as I live in the middle of nowhere but a prime example opened in a place not a million miles away recently.
              it's a " gastro pub" apparently (is it the 90's again?). One of the "conversation starters" is a salad that "might give you super powers!".
              Or you can try an open "sand witch"
              After "the main,of course " you can choose from number of "happy endings", one of which is "ice cream. Served with ice cream and ice cream"
              Obligatory wacky chalkboard outside along with a sign warning you to watch out for sharks and bears should serve as fair warning to those with their eyes open.
              No idea if the foods good and the beer could be nice but I'll never know as I don't think I could survive exposure to such levels of aggressively nice tweeness

Comment

There has to be a market for something soup naziesque in Dublin

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                  Cool thanks guys. I wasn't sure if hlyou had to stay in the airport when transiting through.
                  I took public transit from the airport to Toronto before, and it was really odd. We took a bus to a train station and then there was nowhere to buy a train ticket for the subway trip to the city. I think it turned out that if you get a bus ticket you don't need a train ticket for the rest of the journey, or something odd like that. It was a bit odd anyhow I thought.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                    I took public transit from the airport to Toronto before, and it was really odd. We took a bus to a train station and then there was nowhere to buy a train ticket for the subway trip to the city. I think it turned out that if you get a bus ticket you don't need a train ticket for the rest of the journey, or something odd like that. It was a bit odd anyhow I thought.
                    192 bus to Kipling Station and Subway in. Handiest way to town if you don't wanna get rogered for taxi fare. They do transfers so there's a fixed price for the same journey regardless of how many legs it is. Great transport system there.

Comment

How much is a taxi I wonder? Don't have long so don't fancy spending half the time I do have there there on a bus!

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                        192 bus to Kipling Station and Subway in. Handiest way to town if you don't wanna get rogered for taxi fare. They do transfers so there's a fixed price for the same journey regardless of how many legs it is. Great transport system there.
                        What's the extent of said rogering?

Comment

Taxi is about $70 IIRC. If you're arriving at a busy time of day then bus and subway will get you downtown almost as quick.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                            White Soupremacy as a working name?

Comment

Wrt to the twee cafe nonsense we were on about this morn I'm not usually exposed to the full horrors as I live in the middle of nowhere but a prime example opened in a place not a million miles away recently.
                              it's a " gastro pub" apparently (is it the 90's again?). One of the "conversation starters" is a salad that "might give you super powers!".
                              Or you can try an open "sand witch"
                              After "the main,of course " you can choose from number of "happy endings", one of which is "ice cream. Served with ice cream and ice cream"
                              Obligatory wacky chalkboard outside along with a sign warning you to watch out for sharks and bears should serve as fair warning to those with their eyes open.
                              No idea if the foods good and the beer could be nice but I'll never know as I don't think I could survive exposure to such levels of aggressively nice tweeness
                              Insist they jerk you off.
                              Last edited by Lord Sir Banter; 26-08-15, 18:15.
                              X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                              Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                http://www.soupdragon.com/

Insist they jerk you off.
                                I'm here for the happy ending godammit!

Comment

Originally posted by iSnow View Post
                                  a Matzah coddle goulash or bisque
                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

€80m is the reported fee Man City are paying for de Bruyne. Madness.

Comment

Originally posted by iSnow View Post
                                      'Miso Hungry'

Working the ethnic vibe.
                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

€80m is the reported fee Man City are paying for de Bruyne. Madness.
                                        He didn't like London and moaned about competition. lol at moving to Manchester.

Comment

A m8 of mine got arrested this morning for an unpaid fine of €1000 that he got a few years back. He got brought up to Mountjoy and was given a token for a bus and a €5 note and told to go on home.

Comment

Nice to see Vanessa Selbst bag her first Champions League goal! Cool finish.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                              Nice to see Vanessa Selbst bag her first Champions League goal! Cool finish.
                                              United in the big time now. Welcome to the Champions League.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                'Miso Hungry'

Working the ethnic vibe.
                                                If you don't I will
                                                His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Haha great chanting there!
                                                  airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                    United in the big time now. Welcome to the Champions League.
                                                    Don't you mean welcome back? Nice of Liverpool Football Club to keep the spot warm for a season. Natural balance restored. Probably won't get out of the group but good to have it back.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                      Haha great chanting there!
                                                      Lol @ the announcer though. Doubt the fans give a shite.

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                                        If you don't I will
                                                        All yours, I'm just the ideas man.

Comment

'Miso Hungry'

Working the ethnic vibe.
                                                          All yours, I'm just the ideas man.
                                                          Needs moar 'Artisan' and 'Hand Poured', IMO
                                                          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                              Was just reestimated to 9.5% today. Going to be rather close. I realise we are going off Live Register numbers, but the seasonal adjustment they do for that index tends to be historic, so it wasn't giving the right number when originally released.
                                                              This is terrible news.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                Don't you mean welcome back? Nice of Liverpool Football Club to keep the spot warm for a season. Natural balance restored. Probably won't get out of the group but good to have it back.
                                                                Welcome back? You're like a Liverpool fan living in the past

Comment

Ep 10 of Mr. Robot was postponed until next week due to those Virginia murders today.

Reason spoilered in case you don't wanna know. Could be a spoiler.
                                                                  SPOILER
                                                                  Similar plot line according to wiki.

Anyone know how many eps are in season 1?
                                                                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                    Ep 10 of Mr. Robot was postponed until next week due to those Virginia murders today.

SPOILER

10 episodes.

Some people spoil it for everyone
                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

heading to Copenhagen Saturday. Renting a car and planning on driving to Malmo too so anything people would recommend in Copenhagen or Malmo?
                                                                      Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

SPOILER

What a load of bollocks. Fuck that stupid country.

Comment

SPOILER

Makes sense, pull a fictional TV show when anyone can go online and look at a point of view Vid of the actual murder in question. (haven't looked myself,somethings you don't need to see)

Comment

The gopro footage and live tweeting by the shooter is a worrying development though

Comment

The gopro footage and live tweeting by the shooter is a worrying development though
                                                                              Periscope ftw.
                                                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

So it seems a bunch of prick committee men have conspired to force Billy Walsh out as High Performance Boxing coach. He's off to coach the U.S. Women's programme. Irish sport eh?
                                                                                "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                                                  So it seems a bunch of prick committee men have conspired to force Billy Walsh out as High Performance Boxing coach. He's off to coach the U.S. Women's programme. Irish sport eh?
                                                                                  Some things never change. FAI seems full of similar types. At least the GAA committee people can only do daft stuff inside the 32 counties.

Thankfully the IRFU seem to have developed some sense in the last few years and are keeping Schmidt happy.

Comment

This whole latest 'IRA hasn't gone away you know' kerfuffle is just depressing on all sides.

Unionists trying to outdo each other in fake shock and outrage.
                                                                                    Gerry Adams who was never in the IRA () seeming to know vast amounts about its inner workings.

The only player who seems to be talking sense is the PSNI chief constable.

Does anyone down south really aspire to adopting these idiot children anymore? (outside of singing the obligatory songs when locked)

Comment

That is absolutely fucking pathetic. The man delivers over and over and over. What kind of madness is that???
                                                                                      You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                      World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

...
                                                                                        "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                          Seems there's no postboxes here. Cheers pricks for the wasted hour's walk increasingly baffled. Those fact letterboxes will took err jerbs, presumably the reason.
                                                                                          they're yellow. they exist. keep looking!!

Comment

So, have anyone watched Fear the Walking Dead?

Found it enjoyable enough but find the family unit quite irritating apart from the step dad to be. Hope it picks up the pace in the 2nd ep, knew the 1st one was always gonna be slow introducing new characters.
                                                                                            No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

This whole latest 'IRA hasn't gone away you know' kerfuffle is just depressing on all sides.

Unionists trying to outdo each other in fake shock and outrage.
                                                                                              Gerry Adams who was never in the IRA () seeming to know vast amounts about its inner workings.

The only player who seems to be talking sense is the PSNI chief constable.

Does anyone down south really aspire to adopting these idiot children anymore? (outside of singing the obligatory songs when locked)
                                                                                              The temporary gagging Order they have put on Grizzly and Mary Lou McArmalite is a blessed relief though

Donaldson was sounding reasonably calm on BBC this morning. To be fair to the unionists its one thing to conspire to pretend that they have gone away but when they are out on the streets plying what was always and ever their core business operations without any pretence you can't really expect them to stay in government with them.
                                                                                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                Donaldson was sounding reasonably calm on BBC this morning.
                                                                                                A plague on all their houses. I was up there during the week and amused myself with the thought, when seeing all the various flags flying, that neither state to which the two sides profess allegiance actually want them!

It reminds me a quote I once heard about (I think) literary feuds:

The fighting is so vicious because the prize is so small

Comment

Youngest child deposited into the arms of Education today. 4 years, 2 months gg, wp.

Full time childcare finito. Celebrating with a monster breakfast.

Comment

. Celebrating with a monster breakfast.
                                                                                                    I'd save that for when you can afford it... a few years after the last one leaves college

Comment

I'd save that for when you can afford it... a few years after the last one leaves college
                                                                                                      Doing the free stuff now. Dog on beach, sun shining. Solid day thus far.

Comment

Surely even you lads can see that what was actually said by the heads of PSNI / Gardai on the matter has been twisted and contorted beyond all recognition?

If men who were actively involved in the IRA pre GFA are involved in personal acts of criminality they need to be brought to justice. But the PSNI have been clear in saying that they don't believe there was any organisational / command structure element to either murder or indeed that there ever would be from whatever broad IRA structures remain.

The DUP opposed the GFA and have no interest in the peace process or power sharing succeeding. As such, I find their position less deplorable than the UUP and Southern parties trying to scuttle the peace process on the basis of complete bullshit for a few votes. The rhetoric from Labour in particular and the media nonsense led by the usual quarters is shameful actually.

Adam's statement is extremely comprehensive and should be the end of the matter:

I note unsurprisingly that the Independent did not include or report on his statement in today's edition.
                                                                                                        "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

The DUP opposed the GFA and have no interest in the peace process or power sharing succeeding.
                                                                                                          So the whole power-sharing thing with SF for the last eight years was just a cover?

Those devious bastards.

Comment

So the whole power-sharing thing with SF for the last eight years was just a cover?

Those devious bastards.
                                                                                                            Every party has latent aims they would like to achieve if the opportunity presented itself. Something like the PRC's Taiwan unification policy.

Comment

Every party has latent aims they would like to achieve if the opportunity presented itself. Something like the PRC's Taiwan unification policy.
                                                                                                              Anyway, you may have noticed that I am semi-agreeing with you. The Unionist response has been predictable in its mock outrage as has the SF one in its disingenuousness.

The professional policeman in the middle of all these twats has my sympathy.

Sothern politicians with an election coming up? Of course they're going to seize the opportunity to give SF a kicking. SF after all have no compunction about kicking them.

Anyway it'll all settle down in a few weeks. There's way too many people getting handsomely rewarded out of the peace process for it not to. Including the sort of 'community activists' who killed McGuigan last week. All aboard the HMG's gravy train.

Boring amd predicatable on all sides.

Comment

Youngest child deposited into the arms of Education today. 4 years, 2 months gg, wp.

Full time childcare finito. Celebrating with a monster breakfast.
                                                                                                                They don't be allowed to start at our local primary at that age. March was the cut off. In Scotland its some time in February. If your child is born just after cut off they sit a test to see if they can start. Most fail it.

Is it a boy child or girl child? great when the last goes to school! No crying at the gates, just clicking heels as I jump away happy haha

Comment

Adam's statement is extremely comprehensive and should be the end of the matter:

So the IRA dio not exist because Gerry Adams who was never in the IRA says it doesn't

But even you know and have admitted that Gerry has been bare faced lying about his role in the IRA and how its structures operated for over 30 years. But now he is playing it straight and everyione else is just ganging up on poor oul Gerry.
                                                                                                                  And no one was shot dead or no one was intimidated and there is no organised crime being run by anyone associated with SinnFein / IRA or being operated under the flag of the IRA... So thats alright then its all a made up conspiracy.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                                                    They don't be allowed to start at our local primary at that age. March was the cut off. In Scotland its some time in February. If your child is born just after cut off they sit a test to see if they can start. Most fail it.
                                                                                                                    School tried to changed the entry criteria in May that kids would have to be 4 on 1 April in order to start in September.

A few parents, including us, threw a fit on the grounds that it was far too late to make this change and that we had already made career plans etc based on a Sept start. School backed down but will implement the policy for next year. She's the youngest in the class but well able for it.

Comment

She's the youngest in the class but well able for it.
                                                                                                                      I'm sure she is but IMO use the opportunity somewhere between 1st and 4th class to give her an extra year in primary.

Comment

I'm sure she is but IMO use the opportunity somewhere between 1st and 4th class to give her an extra year in primary.
                                                                                                                        Kids love been separated from their friends alright.
                                                                                                                        airport, lol

Comment

Yeah. De Mrs has approx. 17 million professional parenting qualifications. Would like to see you put this to her.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X