This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

love that negrito avatar
    X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
    Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
      Do you think? They're not showing much in the way of organisation or even making any coherent noises in the media.

Small parties eat each other far more than they impact the big ones.
      The point is that the 'others' bracket now has 30 seats going into the election in comparison to 20 in 2011...
      "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
        For anyone who may be interested here is a recording of Four Tets dj set from Dekmantel that I was at recently. It was pretty class live looking forward to listening again later. He covers all sorts.

Listen to Dekmantel Podcast 032 - Four Tet by dekmantel #np on #SoundCloud
        http://soundcloud.com/dkmntl/dekmant...t-032-four-tet
        Got listening to this, was pretty class!
        airport, lol

Comment

Not buying any of the Keep calm bluster re China. Economy.
          Still think we are all worse off that the likes of The Red Brigades didn't reappear after the 2008 crisis to put some manners on its architects

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
            Any price for Renua over 4 seats ?
            Let me research it (i.e. have they signed up anyone electable). Will revert.
            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
              The point is that the 'others' bracket now has 30 seats going into the election in comparison to 20 in 2011...
              Very true but it still takes a hell of a lot to get elected out of that bracket (in terms of local visibility). Big parties get people in through the ticket itself.

And how of that 30, how many could you see being effective in an executive role? Creighton was meant to be a good minister. Lowry has the experience.
              What I'm trying to say is what's the point of wasting your vote on an Independent? In the current system, they are pretty pointless bar as entertainment.

Comment

Originally posted by gorrrr72 View Post
                I pay 490 per month for a 3 bed house plus 50 per month for the bins and upkeep of the communal pool and gardens. Lecky averages around 125 per month (depending on A/C use) and 20 for water, pretty sweet tbf.
                Shocking

Saw a few NI Water vans on the A1\M1 yesterday. Funny how you never hear Sinn Fein mention them.

Comment

What I'm trying to say is what's the point of wasting your vote on an Independent?
                  We have multiple votes though so its less simplistic than that. You might vote for who you want to govern you with some preferences, but then further down the list.....

Comment

Shocking

Saw a few NI Water vans on the A1\M1 yesterday. Funny how you never hear Sinn Fein mention them.
                    Maybe NI Water are competent? I've given my bank details to Irish water twice now and they still haven't managed to take any money off me. Have also rang them numerous times wrt to leaks and never hear back from them. They are utterly incompetent. You would think given the opposition they are facing that they would focus a little bit on customer service. instead from talking to people I know they seem to be steadily alienating a lot of people who didn't have a problem signing up

Comment

Also setting up your call centre in Cork so it sounds like they are taking the piss out of you on the phone was a bad move

Comment

Very slow day. We need a new topic after bars to get going.
                        airport, lol

Comment

What's your tipple of choice?

Comment

Essential/favourite podcasts?

I've only recently started with podcasts, obviously had to listen to Serial to begin with.

Don't have all the time in the world and my commute is now quite short, but I've subscribed to the following:

- This American Life (these are great)
                            - WTF with Marc Maron (have about 20 of these lined up, really enjoyed the few I've listened to so far but only interested in about half of the guests he has on, don't download the others)
                            - The Crate and Crowbar (a PC gaming podcast - the lads doing it are knowledgeable but their overall nerdiness is fairly off-putting. Not half as bad as some of the other gaming podcasts I was recommended though, I wanted to hire hitmen to track down some of the American hosts as I disliked their horrendous personalities so much)

Don't listen to any poker podcasts, not sure if I should be ashamed of that given the industry I'm in. What is everyone else listening to?

Comment

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
                              Guinness more often than not. But I'll dabble in the odd craft beer. Jameson gingerale and lime or gin and tonic if I hit spirits.

And then anything else depending on way night goes. And yourself?

The only podcast I listen to is an NFL Fantasy one, I would listen to more but theres just too much music to be listened to. Unless you count music radio show podcasts in which case I listen to a few.

There was a really good podcast I did listen to before about an Irish guy who was a former corrupt cop in New York, it was an Rte podcast must try and find it and post it.
                              airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                Back to work tomorrow after 3 weeks off. depression central here. must have put on at least a stone and a half with all the eating and drinking. Detox now til AI final weekend.

Will be very very tough this year Sam. I even think it could be harder if Mayo win this Sunday but either way it will be mental. I'll do my best but obv won't know anything til much closer to the time.

Now if you happened to know any Kerry lad with a first cousin playing, you might have a chance
                                I'll be lucky to get a ticket myself sure.

Comment

Since the AUS$ is taking a pounding atm can it be exploited by buying airline fares or products that charge in $ ?

A quick look at amazon and all i can see for sale are ebooks.
                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Guinness more often than not. But I'll dabble in the odd craft beer. Jameson gingerale and lime or gin and tonic if I hit spirits.

And then anything else depending on way night goes. And yourself?
                                    1. Buckfest
                                    2. Stronewell Medium Cider
                                    3. Whisky ginger

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                      Essential/favourite podcasts?

I've only recently started with podcasts, obviously had to listen to Serial to begin with.

Don't have all the time in the world and my commute is now quite short, but I've subscribed to the following:

- This American Life (these are great)
                                      - WTF with Marc Maron (have about 20 of these lined up, really enjoyed the few I've listened to so far but only interested in about half of the guests he has on, don't download the others)
                                      - The Crate and Crowbar (a PC gaming podcast - the lads doing it are knowledgeable but their overall nerdiness is fairly off-putting. Not half as bad as some of the other gaming podcasts I was recommended though, I wanted to hire hitmen to track down some of the American hosts as I disliked their horrendous personalities so much)

Don't listen to any poker podcasts, not sure if I should be ashamed of that given the industry I'm in. What is everyone else listening to?
                                      If you do a search of my posts for the word "podcast" you'll find an extensive list.

Comment

1. Buckfest
                                        2. Stronewell Medium Cider
                                        3. Whisky ginger
                                        Solid choices. Been about a year since my last bottle of buckfast. Great stuff. Would have been higher on my list few years ago.
                                        airport, lol

Comment

Big bounce back on the ISEQ today. I guess you should always buy the day after a Black <Insert Day of Week here>.
                                          Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Anyone with an hour to kill, 3 amazing videos on the launch, docking and reentry of the Soyuz with the ISS.

What are the parts of the Soyuz rocket? What are the stages into orbit? What is the launch sequence? Watch and find out. This video has been produced from an...

This second video in the ‘Journey to the International Space Station’ series follows the Soyuz capsule from Earth orbit to docking with the Space Station. F...

How does an astronaut return to Earth from the International Space Station? What does it feel like to re-enter the atmosphere? How does the Soyuz capsule fun...
                                            This too shall pass.

Comment

1) Jameson & Ice
                                              2) Jameson CaskMate and a drop of water and a pint of Guinness
                                              3) Founders All Day IPA or Sierra Nevada IPA
                                              4) Irish craft beer whatevers in the fridge or on stock
                                              5) Heineken
                                              6) a nice full bodied Rioja

Very much depends on the place and the occasion.

hmmm having 6 tipples of choice (2 with multiple parts) is probably not good.
                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Old Fashioned

/topic
                                                Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                  1) Jameson & Ice
                                                  2) Jameson CaskMate and a drop of water and a pint of Guinness
                                                  3) Founders All Day IPA or Sierra Nevada IPA
                                                  4) Irish craft beer whatevers in the fridge or on stock
                                                  5) Heineken
                                                  6) a nice full bodied Rioja

Very much depends on the place and the occasion.

hmmm having 6 tipples of choice (2 with multiple parts) is probably not good.
                                                  Jameson and ice as your top pick.

For gods sake man you are a tech contractor you should upgrade to a nice single malt - Talisker for something with a bit of peat or Lagavulin 16 for smooth tasting gorgeousness.

If you want to stay Irish than Green spot is pretty much the same price as regular jameson and yellow spot is a small bit more but way smoother. They are made by Jameson it just took the guys in the distillery a long time how to get the bitter ashy taste out of their whiskey.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                    Old Fashioned

/topic
                                                    Getting annoyed with old fashioned when Im out these days as it is hard to find a place that wont add maple syrup or other nonesense to them.

Great drink when I make them at home tho

Comment

White Russians are a top drink.

Comment

If you still have both original hips you should not be drinking whiskey and water.

It will be room temp bottles of Guinness next, feckin hipsters.
                                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                          Jameson and ice as your top pick.

For gods sake man you are a tech contractor you should upgrade to a nice single malt - Talisker for something with a bit of peat or Lagavulin 16 for smooth tasting gorgeousness.

If you want to stay Irish than Green spot is pretty much the same price as regular jameson and yellow spot is a small bit more but way smoother. They are made by Jameson it just took the guys in the distillery a long time how to get the bitter ashy taste out of their whiskey.
                                                          I've a few nice bottles at home but when out and about, I'll take whats there. I'm a man of the people, a whiskey like that is not something you find knocking around your pubs in Ballyer during Ford Super Sunday
                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                            I've a few nice bottles at home but when out and about, I'll take whats there. I'm a man of the people, a whiskey like that is not something you find knocking around your pubs in Ballyer during Ford Super Sunday
                                                            ah ya fair enough I thought you meant it was your favorite drink of all time. You might get a bottle of green spot or yellow spot. People may think your being fancy tho.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                              If you still have both original hips you should not be drinking whiskey and water.
                                                              Wrong - you definitely should be - its tasty stuff

Comment

Old Fashioned

/topic
                                                                Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                White Russians are a top drink.
                                                                Two great drinks tbf. Sierra Nevadas are well up there, class beer.
                                                                airport, lol

Comment

Havana Club and Coke. Loads of lime. The perfect drink.
                                                                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

A good Old Fashioned

/topic
                                                                    A lot of variance in ordering that.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                      Havana Club and Coke. Loads of lime. The perfect drink.
                                                                      SPOILER

You're welcome

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                        A lot of variance in ordering that.
                                                                        Yup, ordered one in Findlators in Howth there last week and it was a disaster. The liquor room put a lot of love into their Old Fashioneds, prob the best I've had.
                                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

Malibu & Red Lemonada a la Lottie is a top drink too

Comment

Nice house, selling it well with the picture tbf. Would buy.
                                                                            airport, lol

Comment

Very true but it still takes a hell of a lot to get elected out of that bracket (in terms of local visibility). Big parties get people in through the ticket itself.

And how of that 30, how many could you see being effective in an executive role? Creighton was meant to be a good minister. Lowry has the experience.
                                                                              What I'm trying to say is what's the point of wasting your vote on an Independent? In the current system, they are pretty pointless bar as entertainment.
                                                                              That's your preference / perspective though. Even in 2011, a time of significant national concern, 20 'others' were elected. There is clearly a decent degree of support for alternative perspectives, amplified by our electoral system.
                                                                              "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                                                That's your preference / perspective though. Even in 2011, a time of significant national concern, 20 'others' were elected. There is clearly a decent degree of support for alternative perspectives, amplified by our electoral system.
                                                                                Is voting for a Healy-Rea, a Wallace or a Lowry an alternate perspective? Or just fuckwittery?

Comment

I had a post in the Kerry GAA thread on boards thanked by a Raoul Duke there, methinks someone got lost on the way back from the cricket section!

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                    I had a post in the Kerry GAA thread on boards thanked by a Raoul Duke there, methinks someone got lost on the way back from the cricket section!
                                                                                    Not I. Haven't been on boards for years.

Speaking of sports, we went to the National Acquatic Centre today. I say 'went' as the queues were out the door and there was no way anyone was getting in there. All the rides had massive queues too. I'm guessing 'be there as the doors open' is the order of the day.

School starts Thursday, thank fuck.

Comment

Speaking of sports, we went to the National Acquatic Centre today. I say 'went' as the queues were out the door and there was no way anyone was getting in there. All the rides had massive queues too. I'm guessing 'be there as the doors open' is the order of the day.

The lines will be much shorter for you indeed.

Comment

Old Fashioned

/topic
                                                                                        Real men don't order cocktails with cherries in them.
                                                                                        Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

School was to start here Thursday too. Just received a text from the school welcoming us back on the 1st of September!

The middle kid starts high school and is in on Friday just. Was looking forward to them going back as well

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                            School was to start here Thursday too. Just received a text from the school welcoming us back on the 1st of September!

The middle kid starts high school and is in on Friday just. Was looking forward to them going back as well
                                                                                            None of yer imperialist nonsense, it's called 'secco'.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                              I was about to question calling it high school. Secco is probably worse
                                                                                              airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                Secco sounds so common, just LOL at that one!

It was called high school where I was brought up and I shall call it that too

Comment

jameson is the nicest of the run of the mill 6yo whiskies or whatever they are that don't deserve an age..
                                                                                                  Above that we can go to Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban 12, redbreast 12/15, bushmills 16, midleton/barry crocket (not worth the price imo), Yamazaki etc.

Long island is the best cocktail because of the value. Had one last night but it was served in a jar. It's saving grace is the 5 spirits in it. They had tempted? cider there that was lovely, "summer apples" one.

Comment

lol

https://twitter.com/#!/TedCullinane1

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                                      jameson is the nicest of the run of the mill 6yo whiskies or whatever they are that don't deserve an age..
                                                                                                      Above that we can go to Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban 12, redbreast 12/15, bushmills 16, midleton/barry crocket (not worth the price imo), Yamazaki etc.

Long island is the best cocktail because of the value. Had one last night but it was served in a jar. It's saving grace is the 5 spirits in it. They had tempted? cider there that was lovely, "summer apples" one.
                                                                                                      Fitzwilliam Hotel opposite the Luas stop on Stephens Green are pretty good at Long Island's. You get what you pay for.

We used to get them back in the day in Chicago Pizza Pie Factory too which were top notch.

Comment

"you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                          Fitzwilliam Hotel opposite the Luas stop on Stephens Green are pretty good at Long Island's. You get what you pay for.

We used to get them back in the day in Chicago Pizza Pie Factory too which were top notch.
                                                                                                          Cheers will try it out, if ever in Barcelona try Boadas. That will put hair on your chest, there's is 99% alcohol with a dash of coke.

Comment

These have replaced old fashioneds for me

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                            Whiskey sours are ridiculous beverages.
                                                                                                            4 : 2 : 1 : 1
                                                                                                            Bourbon : Lemon Juice : Sugar Cane Syrup : Egg White
                                                                                                            Loads of ice, shake the shit out of it.

Problem is the measures required make it illegal to buy in a bar basically.
                                                                                                            When I'm drinking (not 'drinking') I inhale gin and tonics. But when I'm having a [4] drink, these are winning.

Back in the sunny south east at the moment, (it's fucking lashing rain), and had a pint of Smithwicks yesterday that made my day though.

Will be walking up the road to Aldridge Lodge (@V4V) at some stage, so hoping the rain can fuck off one of the evenings this week.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                                              Secco sounds so common, just LOL at that one!

It was called high school where I was brought up and I shall call it that too
                                                                                                              you take the high school and I'll take the low school and down the street in my kilt I go, Donald where yer trousers . Ach aye Danewby

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

Ever drink rumblemintz . Now there is a drink laddie. My spelling is wAy off prob

I Dare any of ye to drink a shot of it
                                                                                                                Last edited by Solskjaer; 25-08-15, 15:21.

Comment

Local raggae bar do a strawberry mojito with 5 shots of rum, a couple of them to start an evening goes down nicely

Comment

Emmet has the correct answer.

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                                                                                                      Local raggae bar do a strawberry mojito with 5 shots of rum, a couple of them to start an evening goes down nicely
                                                                                                                      One of my fav spots & tipples. Must be drank down the back with the 'bold' kids to get the full effect Can you remember those Darth Vadars from Coconut Grove? Had the worse hangover after a couple of those..

Darth Vader:
                                                                                                                      1/2 oz vodka
                                                                                                                      1/2 oz gin
                                                                                                                      1/2 oz tequila
                                                                                                                      1/2 oz light rum
                                                                                                                      1/2 oz triple sec
                                                                                                                      1/2 oz Jagermeister® herbal liqueur

Pour vodka,Gin,Tequila,Triple sec and rum into a Collins glass filled with ice then top with 1/2 oz.Jaegermeister.
                                                                                                                      Last edited by iSnow; 25-08-15, 15:40. Reason: Found it:

Comment

That was not a fun round of golf.

Comment

Think it was the Darth mauls from coconut,

Jaeger, rum, gin, tequila, vodka, triplesec, grenadine syrup, sweet and sour mix according to drinksmixer.com

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X