X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
    Favourite biscuit everyone?

Mine's a dark chocolate hobnob. Am also a huge fan of chocolate chip shortbread. The Co-op in the UK have the most amazing ones. Nowadays I'm dairy free so have a limited selection. Mikados, Oreos and Jammie Dodgers are my mainstays.
    Lemon puffs nom. Nom
    Her sky-ness
    © 5starpool

Comment

The lack of picnic bar recommendations was slightly disturbing

Drifters and club milks get honorable mention for best crisp+chocolate combo.
      Club milks have massively dropped in quality though. Purple yorkie is a good replacement.
      One of this generations greatest failures was the tayto bar fiasco. That could have and probably should have been a game changer.
      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Terrys Chocolate Orange has forced its way into my thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
          Haven't tried many but Toffee Pops (I think they're called) are seriously addictive.
          Haven't seen those since I was a kid, uses to be class
          airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
            Haven't tried many but Toffee Pops (I think they're called) are seriously addictive.
            Toffee pops are wonderful but they have no place in my home since I discovered these.

Chocolate chip and hazelnut Maryland's are the best traditional biscuit
            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

stroopwafels wouldnt even piss on a toffee pop if it was on fire.

I am lucky bastard andy

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                Jesus, this stock market rout has a bit of a pain - my non-pension investments continue to be hammered (not even aware of how my pension is being hit, probably for the best!), down another €2k this morning alone.

Hard to maintain an even keel on financial things when on one hand you're losing so much on paper and on the other hand I'd pride myself on using a Lidl voucher to save €10 on my weekly shop
                Tell me about it! I got so spooked I booked Vegas for xmas and new years rather than wait for it to disappear without any interaction from myself
                Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Maybe I'll actually understand the first thing about the stock exchange after all this - highly unlikely though.
                  airport, lol

Comment

Toffeepops are a world class biscuit. Good call.
                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

I want a bigger living area so 1 bedroom places don't really cut it. I am looking at 2 bedrooms, even for €1500pm they are all shite? Any ideas of good areas to look at? Or apartment blocks/houses that don't have 80s carpet and crumbling walls?

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                      Maybe I'll actually understand the first thing about the stock exchange after all this - highly unlikely though.
                      it's boring anyway, looking at planes moving about is preferable.

toffeepops are like the quality street of biscuits.

Comment

The problem with toffeepops is that there's only 10 of the bastards in the packet.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by davepoke/her View Post
                            The problem with toffeepops is that there's only 10 of the bastards in the packet.
                            It can be like Xmas when you happen upon a place selling underpriced toffeepops.
                            €1 a pack get snaffled up

Comment

Comment

1970s general. No Googles.

1. What iconic arcade game was first released in Japan in 1978?

2. In the 1977 movie Star Wars, which character says, “These aren't the droids you're looking for.”?

3. The Rumble in the Jungle was fought in what city in 1974?

4. On November 17, 1973 who said they were not a crook?

5. In what city were the Israeli Olympic team murdered in 1972 by Arab terrorists?

6. What album by an American folk rock duo was the best selling album of the 1970s?

7. In the 1978 TV series Dallas, what was the name of Pam’s father?

8. In CB radio slang what is a bear cave?

9. Who won seven gold medals and set seven world records at the 1972 summer Olympics?

10. Who was the leader of the Peoples Temple Agricultural Project best known for the poisoning, in November 1978, of 909 of its members?
                                Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                  I want a bigger living area so 1 bedroom places don't really cut it. I am looking at 2 bedrooms, even for €1500pm they are all shite?
                                  Yes
                                  Any ideas of good areas to look at? Or apartment blocks/houses that don't have 80s carpet and crumbling walls?
                                  Depends where you want to live. Grand Canal/Spencer Dock are more modern but you wouldn't get them for that price, and you're in a bit of a wasteland (imo). Smithfield too, but not really ideal to live there either.

Comment

I want a bigger living area so 1 bedroom places don't really cut it. I am looking at 2 bedrooms, even for €1500pm they are all shite? Any ideas of good areas to look at? Or apartment blocks/houses that don't have 80s carpet and crumbling walls.
                                    Dublin rental market is utter shite atm. Prices up 30-40% since 18 months ago. Stay where you are IMO.
                                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                      Spencer Dock where I used to live is about €1,500 for a two bed 65sqm. Very modern, central, not as cool as Grand Canal though.
                                      That'd go for about 1800 now. I remember seeing one go up at 1650 and I lol'd, obv the landlord hadn't looked at daft recently, I rang up within 30mins of the ad going up and the viewings were booked out already.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post

2. In the 1977 movie Star Wars, which character says, “These aren't the droids you're looking for.”?

5. In what city were the Israeli Olympic team murdered in 1972 by Arab terrorists?

6. What album by an American folk rock duo was the best selling album of the 1970s?

9. Who won seven gold medals and set seven world records at the 1972 summer Olympics?

10. Who was the leader of the Peoples Temple Agricultural Project best known for the poisoning, in November 1978, of 909 of its members?
                                        SPOILER
                                        1. What iconic arcade game was first released in Japan in 1978? Pacman

2. In the 1977 movie Star Wars, which character says, “These aren't the droids you're looking for.”? obi wan kenoby

3. The Rumble in the Jungle was fought in what city in 1974? kinshasa

4. On November 17, 1973 who said they were not a crook? nixon

5. In what city were the Israeli Olympic team murdered in 1972 by Arab terrorists? munich

6. What album by an American folk rock duo was the best selling album of the 1970s? bridge over troubled water

9. Who won seven gold medals and set seven world records at the 1972 summer Olympics? mark spitz?

saw the documentary but cant remember his name[/

Comment

SPOILER
                                          1 - Pac Man?
                                          2- Ben Kinobi
                                          3 - Zaire
                                          4 - LBJ
                                          5 - Munich
                                          6 - Simon & Garfunkel
                                          7- Digger Barnes
                                          8 - Cop shop
                                          9 - Mark Spitz
                                          10 - ?

SPOILER
                                          Slight misreading of questions!
                                          Knew (3)Kinshasa & (6)Bridge over troubled Water.
                                          Complete fail at 4! lol.
                                          Last edited by Dice75; 24-08-15, 14:52.

Comment

Comment

SPOILER
                                              Space Invaders ???

SPOILER
                                              Obi wan

SPOILER
                                              Kinshasha

SPOILER
                                              Nixon

SPOILER
                                              Munich

SPOILER
                                              Was the Album called Bridge over troubled water Its the one with it on it anyway

Feck... It will come to me ...

SPOILER
                                              cop shop

SPOILER
                                              Spitz

SPOILER
                                              Jim Jones

SPOILER
                                              Barnes
                                              Last edited by Strewelpeter; 24-08-15, 14:55. Reason: Got it
                                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Jaysus. Thank fck I left so. Did hear that our place in Howth (not sure if anyone remembers that apart from strewel who kindly dropped my comatose body there after a horsehead elite event), is about €3,000 a month now up from €1,400 at height of recession.
                                                that's madness Ted! our place, a nice house in Foxrock went from 1900 to 2500 after we left.

Comment

Comment

Comment

€1800 holy shit they are shanking people. You can get such amazing places in other capital cities for less. How is there practically no good housing here, I mean even if people threw up a block of modern studio apartments they would make a killing, and there was a boom for ages.

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                      Yes

Depends where you want to live. Grand Canal/Spencer Dock are more modern but you wouldn't get them for that price, and you're in a bit of a wasteland (imo). Smithfield too, but not really ideal to live there either.
                                                      Don't really care too much about the area as long as it's not something like finglas or santry, more that the apartment is good, most of dublin is fine as long as I am within a reasonable cycle to work, which is nearly everywhere. Smithfield would be grand, apartment quality is most important, most places are dark and mank, I mean I'm looking at on or two places for 1500 that I would have to be paid to live in.. One or two places would be passable to live in in kimmage, know nothing about the area.

You still not found anything? Seems to be desperate times if you are trying to snap up places at 1650.

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                      Dublin rental market is utter shite atm. Prices up 30-40% since 18 months ago. Stay where you are IMO.
                                                      Yeah seems I will, I only pay 700 even though it's small, it will clean up well if I ever get it to not be in a state.
                                                      Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 24-08-15, 15:03.

Comment

Why does parcel tracking in England tell you every place your package has visited and what the driver had for T? Checks in at Gatwick, checks out of Gatwick then you hear nothing for a few days and a man knocks on your door grunting about signing an etch a sketch m8s

Comment

I guess its not pennies in London. Saw some ridic numbers recently for there
                                                          it's beyond ridiculous. renting a smallish but lovely 3 bedroom flat in an ex council block for GBP2150 (and we consider ourselves lucky, considering the places we visited)

Comment

They need to do something about the rent. Am I right in saying Germany or Berlin at least have some sort of decent system in place to keep control of it?
                                                            airport, lol

Comment

€1800 holy shit they are shanking people.
                                                              You still not found anything? Seems to be desperate times if you are trying to snap up places at 1650.
                                                              It's just that there's so few places that they can charge whatever they like. I just signed up for an extortionate rate and even then the agent checked with me multiple times was I 100% because someone else was ringing up offering more money if they'd give it to them.

I guess this is what it was like as a housebuyer in 2007 but at least my lease is only for a year
                                                              Last edited by Denny Crane; 24-08-15, 15:10.

Comment

They need to do something about the rent. Am I right in saying Germany or Berlin at least have some sort of decent system in place to keep control of it?
                                                                Germany have more rules and regulations about how much these things are allowed cost which works out nicely. A friend of mine there lives in a city and has a 100m^2 place for 900-1000 I think it was.
                                                                edit: looked it up, they settled on a 90m^2 place for 950, including all fees, including things like bins, water and heating.

They also come unfurnished which is great, you don't have to look after somebodys shite furniture and can have your own decent stuff more easily.

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                it's beyond ridiculous. renting a smallish but lovely 3 bedroom flat in an ex council block for GBP2150 (and we consider ourselves lucky, considering the places we visited)
                                                                Starting to think that's not so bad looking at here. I was always told that rent in american cites were huge and that is why they get paid so much more than us (and pay less taxes)...our rent is more now.

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                It's just that there's so few places that they can charge whatever they like. I just signed up for an extortionate rate and even then the agent checked with me multiple times was I 100% because someone else was ringing up offering more money if they'd give it to them.
                                                                Yeah i guess, it's just crazy how few there are. Hope you at least like it and that you don't miss the kidney. City centre or?
                                                                Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 24-08-15, 15:17.

Comment

Some parasite rentier class in this country

Comment

Six hours at the W5 and kids show no signs of flagging. I'm destroyed. Plans of hitting the Titanic Museum binned for another day.

Any more time here and they'll all be mini Zuutroys.
                                                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                      Some parasite rentier class in this country
                                                                      In every country. Necessary evil but our rental sector is just stupidly structured. Long term renting should be a normal thing here but instead is the financial equivalent of leprosy.
                                                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                              Any more time here and they'll all be mini Zuutroys.
                                                                              Oh yea we're a right clever lot.

Comment

Anytime I've gotten them of late it's been 100% extra free. A solid 20 are needed for sure.

Comment

Snickers.
                                                                                  Raisin Biscuit Yorkie.
                                                                                  Wispa Gold.
                                                                                  This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                  All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                  The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

what about this baby?

Her sky-ness
                                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Ha! At least yours are in the past unlike what seems like the majority of IPB expecting in Sept/Oct. I just can't wait to read a 'haven't slept in three months' Olly.
                                                                                          I put in a massive week last week. 75 hours work in 5 days but I got loads of sleep on Friday and Saturday night.

The next few months will be very interesting...
                                                                                          ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

...

Comment

Good story here for you lot - hope I haven't told this before. Hard to recall sometimes.

Anyway.

Mate of mine, Den, and his missus were hosting a house party in his loft for his missus' birthday. Big occasion lots of people and alcohol/drugs. My mate was so proud and was telling me how he couldn't stop showing of his new wireless speakers and how they are sycn'd with his phone. Delighted with his setup.

Den's missus is birthday hammered and goes to bed early enough and Den decides to knock it on the head around 3am with about 8 people left and heads off to bed. Missus is out cold.

Hops into bed and realises the ride isn't happening so opens up pornhub, knocks one out and falls asleep. Gets a knock on the door about 10 mins later with his mates howling in laughter cos the phone was still synced to the speakers in the living room, blasting out sex noises while poor den is unaware and cosy in his bed.
                                                                                              This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                              All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                              The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

...

Comment

Animal bars are class although lacking in size
                                                                                                  True, have to be cold.

On that, I think my top 3 would now not have the twirl and would include the thin dairy milk - the type you get in the selection box, has to be cold from the fridge. Something about the thinness of chocolate that adds to it immensely.

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                  I once murdered someone for putting my Curlywurly in the fridge
                                                                                                  No jury would convict.

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                                                  Terrys Chocolate Orange has forced its way into my thinking.
                                                                                                  Nice once in a while but wouldn't make a top 3, also the big round cunce are better obv.

And they've being making them smaller and smaller and smaller.
                                                                                                  X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                  Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Everyone out cold by 3am calls for a drug dealer refund. If they offer that service.
                                                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

I'm predicting a return to the forum for Raoul Doom III by the end of the week

Comment

I've considered all sorts of options recently due to growing frustration at the rent situation.

Anyhow, she sounds like a facker tbh.

'The student, who stays with her boyfriend, mother, grandmother or friends when she isn't on board, added: 'I want to inspire people to question their habits and the things they consider to be normal.
                                                                                                        The Tübingen University student is also in a relationship with a man in Cologne, so it suits her to live on the 190mph train and travel between his home, her mother's home in Berlin and her university.
                                                                                                        So woman travels between 5+ different sleeping options on train. I'd love to be able to chill on a 190mph effecitant train and watch the countryside go by, top laugh. Would also like to have so many options as to where to lay my head at the end of the day.
                                                                                                        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                                          I'm predicting a return to the forum for Raoul Doom III by the end of the week
                                                                                                          Most worrying is that he doesn't seem worried. Given how wrong he typically is about these things, we must be in for a complete fustercluck.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Back to work tomorrow after 3 weeks off. depression central here. must have put on at least a stone and a half with all the eating and drinking. Detox now til AI final weekend.

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                                                @Careca. Any chance of a ticket m8.

Woooooohoooooo.

#Kerry4sam
                                                                                                                Will be very very tough this year Sam. I even think it could be harder if Mayo win this Sunday but either way it will be mental. I'll do my best but obv won't know anything til much closer to the time.

Now if you happened to know any Kerry lad with a first cousin playing, you might have a chance

Comment

Wonder will this help crush the tech bubble?

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                                                                    Good story here for you lot - hope I haven't told this before. Hard to recall sometimes.

Anyway.

Mate of mine, Den, and his missus were hosting a house party in his loft for his missus' birthday. Big occasion lots of people and alcohol/drugs. My mate was so proud and was telling me how he couldn't stop showing of his new wireless speakers and how they are sycn'd with his phone. Delighted with his setup.

Den's missus is birthday hammered and goes to bed early enough and Den decides to knock it on the head around 3am with about 8 people left and heads off to bed. Missus is out cold.

Hops into bed and realises the ride isn't happening so opens up pornhub, knocks one out and falls asleep. Gets a knock on the door about 10 mins later with his mates howling in laughter cos the phone was still synced to the speakers in the living room, blasting out sex noises while poor den is unaware and cosy in his bed.
                                                                                                                    Apparently this kind of thing can happen with chromecast too,especially if you are using the cast screen function. apparently

Comment

Any context, or that's for us to decide?

/ waiting on Dominoes here, a nice little ironing for the home of bechemal
                                                                                                                      Parties with loads of drugs usually only get started at about 3, I can only speculate that drugs must have been of poor quality.
                                                                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                                                                        Will be very very tough this year Sam. I even think it could be harder if Mayo win this Sunday but either way it will be mental. I'll do my best but obv won't know anything til much closer to the time.
                                                                                                                        Forgot to edit my post yesterday. Was a joke obv. Wouldn't expect it after the massive favour you did last year. Gonna ask my parents to apply through the club this year so hopefully get one.

It's funny. I lost interest in football for about 2/3 years and only ended up going to the final last year for the day out with my brother. In contrast, I've been to every championship game this year and a couple of league games in Killarney. It's like a drug, I couldn't even think of missing a game.

Shite weekend for IPO Killarney to be on now!

Comment

Some people around here would call you a bandwagoner m8
                                                                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X