X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1. Raisin & Biscuit Yorke.

Comment

Jesus, this stock market rout has a bit of a pain - my non-pension investments continue to be hammered (not even aware of how my pension is being hit, probably for the best!), down another €2k this morning alone.

Hard to maintain an even keel on financial things when on one hand you're losing so much on paper and on the other hand I'd pride myself on using a Lidl voucher to save €10 on my weekly shop

Comment

It's not often I agree with what new approach says but

The raison and biscuit yorkie!
        Moro bar
        Peppermint aero

Wispa are shit IMO lol
        Snickers would be a close winner but just didn't make it to the top

Comment

Nearly had Raisin and Biscuit Yorkie @ 1. Savage fucking bar. Beast. Had to sleep on the decision truth be told. Sided with Club Milk because it is so far ahead of the other bars in its class. I always laugh at the plebs who won't fork out the extra euro for the auld 7 pack opting instead for penguin bars or two figured kit kats. Phoney cunts. What does thay say about you really and truly. What sort of example is that to set? Solid question CHD.
          Last edited by shano1888; 24-08-15, 09:53.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuchulainn1 View Post
            Was that Keano's cousin who came on and scored the last point?
            Delighted Tyrone lost.
            Yeah that's him, was an enjoyable way to round off a nice win. Fitzmaurice had a fair bit of praise for him afterwards. They had two A v B games towards the end of last week. Playing for the As the first game he got 3-2 out of 3-5, for the Bs in the second game he got 1-5 out of 1-5. He is a machine.

Comment

Originally posted by shano1888 View Post
              Nearly had Raisin and Biscuit Yorkie @ 1. Savage fucking bar. Beast. Had to sleep on the decision truth be told. Sided with Club Milk because it is so far ahead of the other bars in its class. I always laugh at the plebs who won't fork out the extra euro for the auld 7 pack opting instead for penguin bars or two figured kit kats. Phoney cunts. What does thay say about you really and truly. What sort of example is that to set? Solid question CHD.
              You shock me because you generally come across as a sensible poster and yet here you come up with this nonsense. Club Milks now are frankly terrible compared to the club milks of the 1990s, they totally reduced the chocolate content about 15 years ago (ironically around the same time as they launched the 'if you like a lot of chocolate on your biscuit join our club' campaign).
              In the small bar 6pack market they are way behind Nestle Blue Ribands, Purple Snacks, and yes, even behind Penguins.
              Last edited by ArmaniJeans; 24-08-15, 10:12.

Comment

toblerone
                lion bar
                twirl

Comment

Purple Snack > Club Milk
                  Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                    You shock me because you generally come across as a sensible poster and yet here you come up with this nonsense. Club Milks now are frankly terrible compared to the club milks of the 1990s, they totally reduced the chocolate content about 15 years ago (ironically around the same time as they launched the 'if you like a lot of chocolate on your biscuit join our club' campaign).
                    In the small bar 6pack market they are way behind Nestle Blue Ribands, Pink Snacks, and yes, even behind Penguins.
                    Absolutely agree on your first point. My post was tinged with nostalgia as I ate far more chocolate 15 years ago than I do now. Notwithstanding this the club milk remains far superior to the purple snack which is by far its nearest competitor. Nestlé Blue Ribands? Lol. I wouldn't touch one with yours m8.

Comment

Downstairs in the house is getting re-wired.

Someone told me to get a few cat 6 ports installed but fell short when i asked him why?
                      Future proofing is all i got.

Should i be doing this?

Comment

Star bar
                        Caramel
                        Time out

In the cup of tea bars bantamweight decider:
                        Purple snack>Club milk.

Wispa a very close fourth in the p4p rankings.

Comment

For anyone who may be interested here is a recording of Four Tets dj set from Dekmantel that I was at recently. It was pretty class live looking forward to listening again later. He covers all sorts.

Listen to Dekmantel Podcast 032 - Four Tet by dekmantel #np on #SoundCloud
                          Whoever you are, and no matter what your musical preference, there is a good chance you have danced to a Kieran Hebden beat before now. The London man best known as Four Tet has done everything in his
                          Last edited by eamonhonda; 24-08-15, 10:29.
                          airport, lol

Comment

Up at the W5 in Belfast, incredibly good. A place like this in Dublin would make millions.
                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                              toblerone
                              lion bar
                              twirl
                              Ruling on Toblerone please.

Do you meant the tiny pound shop ones or the fuck off airport ones? If the former then lol, I feel sorry for you, don't even think it's the same chocolate. If the latter then stop angling imo. Sure we could all say Ferror Rocher or the hipsters could be chiming in with pretentious blended and infused shit that claims to be good for you.

Comment

You're all grown ups (technically at least), eat some proper chocolate and give up that 0% coco, palm oil flavoured shite pumped out by Nestle (cunts) and Cadbury

They are just bars of sugar! want sugar? eat fucking ice-cream!

And by proper chocolate i don't even mean the 70%+ stuff that nobody actually likes!

Honorable pass to shrap btw(just)

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                  You're all grown ups (technically at least), eat some proper chocolate and give up that 0% coco, palm oil flavoured shite pumped out by Nestle (cunts) and Cadbury

And by proper chocolate i don't even mean the 70%+ stuff that nobody actually likes!

Lol. What a cunt.

Comment

If we are putting forward a team to debate on this topic, Shano should captain
                                    airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                      Well sham, judging by what i've seen of the werewolf threads, if you're on the team, i wont even have to bother getting up to speak

Comment

Pink snacks ruin purple snacks by association.

Comment

Well sham, judging by what i've seen of the werewolf threads, if you're on the team, i wont even have to bother getting up to speak
                                          Hahaha, we will let Shano do the talking m8
                                          airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                            Downstairs in the house is getting re-wired.

Someone told me to get a few cat 6 ports installed but fell short when i asked him why?
                                            Future proofing is all i got.

Should i be doing this?
                                            Yes deffo do it. Costs feck all to do at this stage, but if you ever want to use it for smarthome/media distribution/TV/CCTV/a mirrion other uses then it is sitting there. If you decide in a few years that you need it then at that point its a PITA tracking walls etc. Make sure there is a clearly labelled diagram of where everything goes
                                            Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                            https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                              Pink snacks ruin purple snacks by association.
                                              Headshot.

Comment

China/media still overreacting Denny or are they screwed?
                                                Think it's a fairly normal correction so far considering the run everything has been on and the data coming from the US. Not saying this isn't going to blow up into something big, but we're still only a few percentage off all-time highs, think we should save the word panic for when we start having days with double digit losses.

Comment

NewApproach murdering this so far with his no nonsense style.

The man had the mettle to only post one pick. That is the kind of decisiveness you could set your watch to.

Comment

I for one like proper chocolate. I don't get the greater love for milk chocolate. I am not fond of the American shit they pass off as chocolate, tastes rotten imo.

Oh and

Fruit Club > Club Milk ainec

Comment

Love these bad boys

Comment

They ruined the Club Milk experience when they changed the wrapper in such a way that you could no longer eat the bar then put the wrapper back together to fool your friends.
                                                        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Best chocolate:

just simple amazing chocolate. If you find it in Dublin let me know.
                                                          I used to always get double deckers for the sheer value.

Saw two great films there. It follows and Prince Avalanche.
                                                          It follows is a great horror film, usually horror films are shite.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                            Best chocolate:

just simple amazing chocolate. If you find it in Dublin let me know.
                                                            I used to always get double deckers for the sheer value.

Saw two great films there. It follows and Prince Avalanche.
                                                            It follows is a great horror film, usually horror films are shite.
                                                            My dad until recently when he retired was the H&S Manager at Filshill in Glasgow. It's a booze and chocolate bar/sweet warehouse and that is where I find all the obscure bars we don't see anymore. And get them wholesale!

Handy for booze too obv

Comment

Animal bars are class although lacking in size
                                                              airport, lol

Comment

Do they still sell peatnut butter kit kats?
                                                                Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Have to do up a 70s quiz for family get together. Pic round too easy? Answers have to have correct amount of detail.

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Animal bars are class although lacking in size
                                                                    Junkies love them might be the tinfoil

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                                                      Junkies love them might be the tinfoil
                                                                      Two animal bars and a bottle if yazoo wha
                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

In chocolate related news, Nutella is pronounced “new-tell-uh”.

Welcome to the official website of Nutella®, the world’s most beloved hazelnut spread.

mindblown.gif
                                                                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Dont eat a huge amount of chocolate but was always partial to a lion bar and a can of club orange when I am hanging and too cold for icecream.

1 - lion bar
                                                                          2 - moro
                                                                          3 - blue yorkie
                                                                          Last edited by RichieM; 24-08-15, 11:48.

Comment

I feel like Milan loaning Balotelli is some sort of bad karma for me taking the piss out of all the Liverpool fans you thought he'd be a good signing last season.
                                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

Just had a special k chocolate bar and a pint of coconut water. Didn't really hit the spot unfortunately
                                                                              Her sky-ness
                                                                              © 5starpool

Comment

Has this place turned into the journal.ie overnight? Chocolate bar debates ffs
                                                                                Club milks and Snack bars are granny biscuits ffs,next ye'll be singing the praises of digestives with butter spread on them

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                  Club milks and Snack bars are granny biscuits ffs,next ye'll be singing the praises of digestives with butter spread on them
                                                                                  Used to love two digestives with a mountain of butter, squeeze them together and lick the butter that was coming out lol then dip them in tea and the tea would look all greasy. Jesus that sounds sick. Was nice though lol
                                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Got a drifter. Will make a post in the bar review thread
                                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                      See me in my office m8

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                                        Have to do up a 70s quiz for family get together. Pic round too easy? Answers have to have correct amount of detail.

Is the toy garage thing supposed to be a specific toy? I thought there were loads of different yokes like that .

I don't recognise the Dolls hand

The rest are very easy but kids probably won't recognise most of them.
                                                                                        Interesting to see how many say its an Atari football
                                                                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                                          See me in my office m8
                                                                                          I'm bringing my union rep m8

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                                            Just had a special k chocolate bar and a pint of coconut water. Didn't really hit the spot unfortunately
                                                                                            At least it's a healthy option.

Comment

chocolate is for girls, give me these till my eyes bleed and my teeth rot

Comment

I once murdered someone for putting my Curlywurly in the fridge

Comment

Anyone watching Ballers? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2891574/

It's a load of shite but episodes are only 30mins and it's easy to watch if you want to just watch something and zone out.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                    Is the toy garage thing supposed to be a specific toy? I thought there were loads of different yokes like that .
                                                                                                    There's only one fisher price garage.

Comment

Originally posted by poprock View Post
                                                                                                      chocolate is for girls, give me these till my eyes bleed and my teeth rot

love meanies havent had a bag in ages

Love these now

Her sky-ness
                                                                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

This thread is turning a little shit with all the talk of confectionary.

@Tar

had BBQ'd chicken hearts at the Big Grill Festival the other weekend. Had 6 of the little buggers. You wouldnt have liked them.

6 chickens had to die for me to eat their hearts. Cruel, cruel world.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                                          Anyone watching Ballers? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2891574/

It's a load of shite but episodes are only 30mins and it's easy to watch if you want to just watch something and zone out.
                                                                                                          FYP

What's going on with this Walking Dead episode that says season one? Have they rebooted the entire series?

Moro tops my list but only after it has been in the fridge for around an hour.

Opr

Comment

Pfffft

Ballers is great.

The Rock > anyone else ever at acting.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                                                              FYP

What's going on with this Walking Dead episode that says season one? Have they rebooted the entire series?

Moro tops my list but only after it has been in the fridge for around an hour.

Opr
                                                                                                              They've made a spin off called Fear The Walking Dead

Comment

Ballers does the job for a watch while you eat or whatever. A "breakfast sitcom " as hotspur would say.
                                                                                                                airport, lol

Comment

I've never seen daily moves like this before, lots of indices hitting limit breakers, still wouldn't be calling it a panic yet

Comment

Favourite biscuit everyone?

Mine's a dark chocolate hobnob. Am also a huge fan of chocolate chip shortbread. The Co-op in the UK have the most amazing ones. Nowadays I'm dairy free so have a limited selection. Mikados, Oreos and Jammie Dodgers are my mainstays.
                                                                                                                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

...
                                                                                                                      "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

1. Milky Way
                                                                                                                        2. Kinder Bueno
                                                                                                                        3. Twix

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                                                          Favourite biscuit everyone?

Mine's a dark chocolate hobnob. Am also a huge fan of chocolate chip shortbread. The Co-op in the UK have the most amazing ones. Nowadays I'm dairy free so have a limited selection. Mikados, Oreos and Jammie Dodgers are my mainstays.
                                                                                                                          Haven't tried many but Toffee Pops (I think they're called) are seriously addictive.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X