This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Walter Mitty View Post
    Iago might know some of the info I'm looking for seeing as he knows all about everything. A pub has come up for lease very close to my snooker hall, rent is very resonable, it's fully kitted out, very modern. Trying to figure out any hidden expenses I have not thought of.
    Would you work in it around the clock?

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
      BlessYou was a sound skin.
      Does anyone know how he's getting on?
      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
        What do you mean by the bolded bit?
        He can control his gambling and use it to his advantage, make money?
        airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
          Would you work in it around the clock?
          No, not a chance

Comment

No, not a chance
            Is it busy?

Comment

Iago might know some of the info I'm looking for seeing as he knows all about everything. A pub has come up for lease very close to my snooker hall, rent is very resonable, it's fully kitted out, very modern. Trying to figure out any hidden expenses I have not thought of.
              Alcohol.

Comment

@Lottie - updates on scratchies?
                ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Now that you mention it

I have a mate who bought (and subsequently sold) a couple of pubs, and who has worked as a head barman for nigh on 20 years, could see if he could do a call with you if you thought that might help?
                  Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Anyone here own a pub or have any experience of running one?
                    luckforsome works in one, but I don't know if he manages/owns it or just runs one. Lazare also worked in one for years, possibly a family related one? Not sure why I think the second bit if not though.

Comment

Last couple of days for the Fantasy Football peeps...

and those who have expressed interest but haven't paid yet. League entries will be closed on Saturday morning early doors.

Comment

Is it busy?
                        It was, guy who owned it owned half the town and went bust. It's currently closed

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
                          Now that you mention it

I have a mate who bought (and subsequently sold) a couple of pubs, and who has worked as a head barman for nigh on 20 years, could see if he could do a call with you if you thought that might help?
                          I'm only going to look at the premises tomorrow so if it goes any further I may take you up on that. Many thanks

Comment

Lauren Bacall died

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                            Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Pulis out is a crazy one for Palace. Unless he was making crazy demands in terms of money I can't see why they'd have let him go. I can't say I'm personally sad to see him not with a team though, but I guess he'll be the first port of call for teams that sack their managers early doors.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                luckforsome works in one, but I don't know if he manages/owns it or just runs one. Lazare also worked in one for years, possibly a family related one? Not sure why I think the second bit if not though.
                                The latest one was not family related, the lad that owns the place is a member here but doesn't really post. Met him indirectly through poker, my Dad put us in touch.

WM, it's a really tough slog, you've got to put in the hours, it can vary from being the most enjoyable fun you'll have to the grimmest existence you can imagine.

Plus, as Hotspur says, you'll most likely form too close a bond with the juice.
                                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                  Define weak? I'm only looking for something that will work for 2 hours. On the 6.30am flight tomorrow so I know I won't get much sleep and am looking for something to knock me out on the train.

A Valium would be great
                                  Try a packet of Man the Fuck Up.

Comment

Originally posted by TheImprover View Post
                                    Microsoft office 2013 came with my PC but I cant edit using it until I purchase it, I only want it for basic stuff tbh.
                                    In that case the online OneDrive offering is probably perfect for you.

If you want it local try open office.

If it has to be installed AND MS Office.. pop down to tesco and see if they have any cheap home/student versions. They often have. You might as well uninstall whatever it was that came with the PC.
                                    May you live in interesting times!

Comment

The latest one was not family related, the lad that owns the place is a member here but doesn't really post. Met him indirectly through poker, my Dad put us in touch.

WM, it's a really tough slog, you've got to put in the hours, it can vary from being the most enjoyable fun you'll have to the grimmest existence you can imagine.

Plus, as Hotspur says, you'll most likely form too close a bond with the juice.
                                      I don't drink at all, and I'm most likely going to be too busy to do most of the work. Another IPBer is likely coming on board with me.

Basically i need to figure out how busy it needs to be to be viable to have someone run it for us, bar manager or whatever

Comment

It was, guy who owned it owned half the town and went bust. It's currently closed
                                        If it does food take it.

Comment

I don't drink at all, and I'm most likely going to be too busy to do most of the work. Another IPBer is likely coming on board with me.

Basically i need to figure out how busy it needs to be to be viable to have someone run it for us, bar manager or whatever
                                          If it's a goer I might be willing to invest as a purely financial backer if that's of interest.

Comment

If it does food take it.
                                            Has a big kitchen alright.

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
                                              If it's a goer I might be willing to invest as a purely financial backer if that's of interest.
                                              Sent you a pm, give me your opinion if you don't mind

Comment

Icarus with his brewing expertise? This would be an epic partnership.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                  Icarus with his brewing expertise? This would be an epic partnership.
                                                  Ah no, a little closer to home lol. Someone I can actually tolerate. That's not to say I can't tolerate Icarus, just Waterford people in general, Kev possibly excluded but I don't know him well enough to be sure :-)

Comment

Having spent a night in a hotel with Mitty, I can confirm that that would be a no go, AJ.

Comment

Has a big kitchen alright.
                                                      It'll need it with you around.

Comment

I'm only going to look at the premises tomorrow so if it goes any further I may take you up on that. Many thanks
                                                        I also have a friend who took out lease last yr on a pub that was fucked as is now cleaning up. He owned a few launderettes before hand. He is sound out if you want his number I can pass it on , sound chap very approachable too .

He is a cute hoor, he has the GAA crowd all weekend, he has the dole crowd on Mons and weds. He has Chanel's age group on saturdays. He has the 60ths, 40ths, 21st. The fucker has it all sewn up! Place isnt even that clean and the clientele not great by no means but it is always busy. He sells cans ( this is the trick lol )
                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                          Having spent a night in a hotel with Mitty, I can confirm that that would be a no go, AJ.
                                                          I think the other cunt in the room was the problem

Comment

Ah just trying to annoy you really, if it was significant I wouldn't have bothered. I'll sent it when I get on my laptop or you can add €5 a day for expenses to your little ticker :-)
                                                            Sure I know that, quite proud of myself for not rising overly to it. I forgot about my little ticker as I have sigs off, it is cute though.

MrPillowTalk had one/an interest in one.
                                                            Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                                                            @Lottie - updates on scratchies?

€1 No dice
                                                            €2 No dice
                                                            €2
                                                            €5
                                                            €5
                                                            €20
                                                            €20
                                                            €20
                                                            X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                            Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

I think the other cunt in the room was the problem
                                                              How's the Milky Bar Kid?

Didn't he play a WW game or 2?

Comment

What do you mean by the bolded bit?
                                                                I only really play poker if you were to consider it to be gambling, imo its a sport that requires mostly skill to be a profitable player, need the luck too though.

I do a small bit on the golf too and have to say I am well up on it, would have a few small bets on the soccer as well, a few accums and have to say I love my Cheltneham and Xmas racing but when I make it I dont give it back, had some nice scores over the years that have brought us on regular hol's and stuff, had a helping hand from Tiger Woods a few years back where I invested in a nice 3 series BMW, hope this explains the bolded bit
                                                                Last edited by TheImprover; 14-08-14, 20:44.

Comment

How's the Milky Bar Kid?

Didn't he play a WW game or 2?
                                                                  Still alive remarkably enough. JackBurton is his name on here

Comment

Try a packet of Man the Fuck Up.
                                                                    It'll need it with you around.

Comment

top post chadders
                                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Kev Shipped for footie tourney, will PM selections shortly.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnOB View Post
                                                                          Kev Shipped for footie tourney, will PM selections shortly.
                                                                          Good man. PM here or email them to me, whatever suits best

Comment

Pulis out is a crazy one for Palace. Unless he was making crazy demands in terms of money I can't see why they'd have let him go. I can't say I'm personally sad to see him not with a team though, but I guess he'll be the first port of call for teams that sack their managers early doors.
                                                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                              Good man. PM here or email them to me, whatever suits best
                                                                              I just shipped for 2 as well Kev. Its from PTSB so hope it gets there tomorrow. Ill pass on picks tomorrow morning.

Thanks

Comment

thoughts on silva or gerrard for ff one shot lads?
                                                                                Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                                                  thoughts on silva or gerrard for ff one shot lads?
                                                                                  You are hardly serious, one of those is one of the best midfielders in the world, the other is a has been who will play limited amount of games and mostly in a defensive midfield position

Comment

You are hardly serious, one of those is one of the best midfielders in the world, the other is a has been who will play limited amount of games and mostly in a defensive midfield position
                                                                                    Whatever about anything else, he will play most of the PL games this season without a doubt (barring injury).

Comment

One takes peno's, free kicks and corners and the other one was benched a lot more than I had expected last year. Could score some Scholes type goals + all the set piece assists/goals too. Although might be rested week before europe and stuff I guess
                                                                                      Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Whatever about anything else, he will play most of the PL games this season without a doubt (barring injury).
                                                                                        Not trolling when I say I don't think so, when Lallana is fully fit, where does Gerrard fit in, Sterling Coutinho, Henderson and Lallana are better. Especially if pool bring in another Striker

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                                                          One takes peno's, free kicks and corners and the other one was benched a lot more than I had expected last year. Could score some Scholes type goals + all the set piece assists/goals too. Although might be rested week before europe and stuff I guess
                                                                                          If you pick Gerrard over Silva you might as well burn the money if that's your decision making

Comment

More importantly is Fabregas in your team?

Comment

More importantly is Fabregas in your team?
                                                                                              Fabregas or Hazard?

Comment

Fabregas or Hazard?
                                                                                                First one

Comment

Not trolling when I say I don't think so, when Lallana is fully fit, where does Gerrard fit in, Sterling Coutinho, Henderson and Lallana are better. Especially if pool bring in another Striker
                                                                                                  The way Liverpool play they need extra defensive cover. He is playing almost like a 3rd centre back at times and none of the other lads you mentioned can do that. The above are better options now as attackers in the team, but not in the role he plays now. Lucas or Allen at this point would be the nearest in terms of his position and those are the 2 you haven't mentioned there. He may play a few games less around European games, but I don't think that will be too big a thing unless he is carrying a knock.

Comment

The way Liverpool play they need extra defensive cover. He is playing almost like a 3rd centre back at times and none of the other lads you mentioned can do that. The above are better options now as attackers in the team, but not in the role he plays now. Lucas or Allen at this point would be the nearest in terms of his position and those are the 2 you haven't mentioned there. He may play a few games less around European games, but I don't think that will be too big a thing unless he is carrying a knock.
                                                                                                    Fair point, but I still wouldn't have him over Silva

Comment

Gerard was all about the penos last year. There were games when you didn't even see him on the screen when Liverpool were attacking. And now there is Europe to consider.

He is well capable of putting up a good score again, and I don't think it's as unfairly weighted as Finkel is suggesting, but a fit Silva is the man you probably want in a flip imo.

Mind you I am buying neither.

Comment

Fair point, but I still wouldn't have him over Silva
                                                                                                        I probably wouldn't either if I were picking a team as we won't get as many penalties again next season probably (Suarez won most of them), and probably not as many assists either, but who knows as he does whip in great balls from wide area frees and his corners seem to be less bad than they were before.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                                          Gerard was all about the penos last year. There were games when you didn't even see him on the screen when Liverpool were attacking. And now there is Europe to consider.

He is well capable of putting up a good score again, and I don't think it's as unfairly weighted as Finkel is suggesting, but a fit Silva is the man you probably want in a flip imo.

Mind you I am buying neither.
                                                                                                          Ya me either, Ramsey Coutinho, Fabregas, Mata and Eriksen, nut midfield

Comment

lol at anyone taking FF advice from fucking finkle

Comment

Change my name back please, not to fucking Finkle either

Comment

Gerrard stays.
                                                                                                                Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Fabregas or Hazard?
                                                                                                                  I'm shit at FF but I reckon Fabregas will be the higher scorer.

Comment

I'm shit at FF but I reckon Fabregas will be the higher scorer.
                                                                                                                    Barring injury do both start 85% or more of Chelsea's EPL games?

Comment

Are both Silva and Gerard both not terrible options?

Comment

Don't see Silva as a terrible option in any way??

Giving serious thought to lumping City @ 13/5 and Chelsea @ 2/1, can't see anyone else winning. Anywhere to get a market on either to win?

Comment

Good Will Hunting is on BBC1 now. A chance to see Robin Williams in one of his finer roles.
                                                                                                                          No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X