This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home now m8s
    X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
    Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
      I notice large sections of the upper tier are closed. Would you normally expect the last warm up before the WC to be a sell out, especially against England? Is it a symptom of the French under performances recently.
      Paris is pretty dead in August, everyone is on holiday, so not really surprising. best time to visit Paris btw, even though it can be very hot.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
        Home now m8s
        Welcome home. What was the highlight?
        Anything interesting in the letter box?

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
          Paris is pretty dead in August, everyone is on holiday, so not really surprising. best time to visit Paris btw, even though it can be very hot.
          I'm actually going there in December for the first time properly. I was there 16 years ago but it doesn't really count as I was there only for a day and don't remember anything. I'll be hitting you up for suggestions closer to the time.

Comment

I'm actually going there in December for the first time properly. I was there 16 years ago but it doesn't really count as I was there only for a day and don't remember anything. I'll be hitting you up for suggestions closer to the time.
            how long you going for?

Comment

how long you going for?
              Just a weekend. Friday afternoon until Sunday afternoon. The missus fancied a weekend away. She's been there a few times before I think and her French is much better than mine, so at least one of us will have a clue what we're at.

Comment

scrappiest i've seen england in a long time.

Comment

scrappiest i've seen england in a long time.
                  Long may it continue. Strong team too. France should probably be further ahead even based on their dominance.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Long may it continue. Strong team too. France should probably be further ahead even based on their dominance.
                      i hope so, but watch the French going backwards off the kick off (really hope i'm wrong though)

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                        s'up?
                        read any of those books i recommended?

Comment

Comment

Comment

Am actually, thanks!. The countryside detective in Paris guy. (Fred Vargas)
                              cool, just read her latest one. Really good one actually!!!

how you finding reading in french?

Comment

Am right beside Dominos. Saint-Anne? Anywho the IKEA stuff awaits!
                                You here m8

Comment

GOAT.

Comment

What a save
                                    airport, lol

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                        GOAT.
                                        Yes?

Comment

Reading it in English. Your original post gave English language versions so its Chalk Circle Man for the moment

Yeah that's it! A tiny bit down from there. Picotta is no.1 restaurant on TripAdvisor so you need permission to breath in its vicinity. Apparently wood-burning your food gets you rarified status.

On that note: anyone watched Chef's Table on Netflix?
                                          Having a virtual trip around Rennes this afternoon is one of the weirdest things I have done. Looks like a cool place tbf.

Comment

Smoking or vaping Hitch? Are the small town frenchies into the vaping at all?

Comment

Lovely try by France.

Comment

get in huget!!! pure class!

Comment

Comment

Comment

Ha! It's actually class. Was having a beer with some punk / slightly homeless dudes for lunch and they were all ' ah you bought some flowers for the house, that's cool '. Me sitting there nodding like an accountant. Ridic friendly place.
                                                      careful though. it's a small town, everyone will know all your business very quickly, so mind your image a little.

Comment

We did a bike tour a few years ago. A great way to get a feel for Paris. Go to Notre Dame whilst a choir are in practicing as its a nice way to see the place.

Lots of things to see and do. December is a very nice time to visit Paris. Chestnuts roasting on street corners and great little restaurants and bars to nip into.

Btw I refer to my comments earlier in the week re France in the RWC.
                                                        ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                          We did a bike tour a few years ago. A great way to get a feel for Paris. Go to Notre Dame whilst a choir are in practicing as its a nice way to see the place.

Lots of things to see and do. December is a very nice time to visit Paris. Chestnuts roasting on street corners and great little restaurants and bars to nip into.

Btw I refer to my comments earlier in the week re France in the RWC.
                                                          The English are completely discombobulated. French are playing well and very solid, but definitely not setting things on fire. Don't get me wrong, i'm delighted, but there's a long way to go, and consitency is where the French fall short.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Can't figure out if this is France being brilliant or England being so bad that France look amazing.

Really hoping it's the latter.
                                                                You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

You think? It's 200,000 peeps and a subway. Coming from Ennis that's 180,000 people you can annoy without it ever coming back on you.
                                                                  lol, Dublin is already a small minded town where everyone knows your business, so trust me, everything you do in Rennes will get back one way or another at some point to the Uni people who know you (they most likely won't give a shit and may never mention it, but they'll know)!

Comment

Comment

Exciting end to the rugby somehow. I was nearly willing England to win to post a cheese eating surrender monkey picture.

Comment

phew!! that was closer than it should have been!

Comment

This is great to watch. Attacking holes the way he is. His irons and putting are close to perfect
                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Comment

Eek, the idiot-drinking will have to go so. In fairness it is gone from end of August.
                                                                              Can you not train yourself to drink French style? I'd say the average Frog drinks as much as the average Paddy, just in a more moderated fashion.
                                                                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

The downside of being in a known place; the need to kiss everyone three times (each cheek plus a random selection as far as I've worked it out). Handshake for the dudes and then a go at the line of the chicks at the bar kissing everyone. Takes a while.
                                                                                Spain is one on each cheek, get through the crowd about tirtytree and a turd % quicker.

Comment

Originally posted by gorrrr72 View Post
                                                                                  Spain is one on each cheek, get through the crowd about tirtytree and a turd % quicker.
                                                                                  in France but it varies region to region, so you can have 2-3 or 4 kisses depending where you are.

Comment

All about tomorrow.

airport, lol

Comment

Those continental Europeans are strange folk. I refuse to accept Irish people are European.

Comment

If you wouldn't mind, that'd be great

Comment

in France but it varies region to region, so you can have 2-3 or 4 kisses depending where you are.
                                                                                          What's wrong with a brief nod of the head as a greeting.

Comment

Anyone with a film recommendation, either that or gonna put on first episode of Show Me A Hero, prefer a film though
                                                                                            airport, lol

Comment

Hmmm....Not sure about Guilbaud....more to follow tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                Anyone with a film recommendation, either that or gonna put on first episode of Show Me A Hero, prefer a film though
                                                                                                Carlitos Way.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                                                  Carlitos Way.
                                                                                                  A great film, I've seen a shit load of films though so something that I may not have seen?
                                                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

A great film, I've seen a shit load of films though so something that I may not have seen?
                                                                                                    People keep telling me films and I keep forgetting them. I'm in a similar spot to yourself the last few days.

Comment

I have highly recommended "Wild Tales" but I'm not in the mood for subtitles
                                                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

Recommended here ages ago so you might have seen it, but in case you haven't you should watch Win Win.

Comment

Recommended here ages ago so you might have seen it, but in case you haven't you should watch Win Win.
                                                                                                          It was suggested to me before and I totally forgot about it. Looks perfect I'll stick it on thanks.
                                                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

More football in 14 hours at least

Comment

It was suggested to me before and I totally forgot about it. Looks perfect I'll stick it on thanks.
                                                                                                              Safety not Guaranteed and Perks of being a Wallflower also excellent films imo, in case you missed them.

Comment

Safety not Guaranteed and Perks of being a Wallflower also excellent films imo, in case you missed them.
                                                                                                                Safety not guaranteed is brilliant! Will add the other to the watchlist. Ty
                                                                                                                airport, lol

Comment

They are both rubbish hipster shite. That Safety Not Guaranteed crap is one of the worst movies I've seen in the last few years.

Comment

Good to see Beadie Russell
                                                                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by TheJiggaman View Post
                                                                                                                      They are both rubbish hipster shite. That Safety Not Guaranteed crap is one of the worst movies I've seen in the last few years.
                                                                                                                      Hmmm, maybe you are my film opposite. Did you like Interstellar?

Comment

Originally posted by TheJiggaman View Post
                                                                                                                        Each to their own I suppose
                                                                                                                        airport, lol

Comment

Sitting on Rue Saint Michel - La Trinquette
                                                                                                                          I'm only down the road in Tours, or I was, now in Chambord.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X