This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
    Have you a potential summer holiday resting on this eventuality?

That dance didn't work for Romney. I think Bush would probably have less dancing to do to get back there, but most of the rest need to appeal to the crazies a bit I think.

Do you think there is an almost 0% chance of Trump standing as an independent? I can't see it happening (and he won't get the nom obviously), but if he did he would be handing the election to the Dems.
    Yeah, Trump as an Indo would fuck any Rep. Highly likely he will be bored by then and be doing something more productive with his time. Like auditioning for the next big-titted blonde Mrs Donald J Trump.

Edit: I would probably win the cost of two summer holidays if Walker clicks. Probably have to go to Wisconsin in tribute.
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

5.00 knacker Luas infested by 20 liffey diving inner city folk in various state of undress , wetsuits bare belly etc . Thrown off twice . Only in Dublin

Comment

I see Johnny Lyons who did the sport on 98FM died, fierce nice fella.. Cant have been that old. RIP.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
          5.00 knacker Luas infested by 20 liffey diving inner city folk in various state of undress , wetsuits bare belly etc . Thrown off twice . Only in Dublin
          Down by the Luas stop at Suir Road lots of kids have been swimming in the locks over the summer, have seen drivers not let them on or even stop & announcements over the intercoms warning that they won't be allowed on.
          "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Cliffs on the last couple of weeks ?

Comment

Raoul, I sense a cognitive disconnect between your Walker bet and your Hillary lay.
              Walker is actually more unelectable than Trump!

In the unlikely event that he is elected then the game is over for democracy, it is then the appalling vista of never again being any more than the guy with the most Koch money taking power. Even I can't raise myself to that deep a level of cynicism.
              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                  Raoul, I sense a cognitive disconnect between your Walker bet and your Hillary lay.
                  Walker has proven electability. In a swing state. Three times in four years.
                  Trump has never been elected to anything.

In the unlikely event that he is elected then the game is over for democracy, it is then the appalling vista of never again being any more than the guy with the most Koch money taking power. Even I can't raise myself to that deep a level of cynicism.
                  Except he isn't the guy with the most money. (Also, the Kochs, whatever one might think about their politics, certainly aren't stupid enough to back only one horse at this stage of the race).

But carry on.

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
                    Site was down for most of it m8.

Comment

Pretty cool & informative documentary about the so called "healthy foods" that are laced with sugar, if you enjoyed Super Size Me you'll probably enjoy this.

One man’s journey to discover the bitter truth about sugar. Own it now - http://www.thatsugarfilm.comDamon Gameau embarks on a unique experiment to document ...
                      "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
                        SatNav went to stay with White Knight for a quiet weekend.

Cue GBH.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                          My horse is 'all the horses in the world' in this case.

You are also sure your horse wins!

As it stands you wants to back an evens shot against a 16/1 shot and a 4/1 shot. That's the kind of scam I'd try to engineer myself.
                          I'm just looking at the numbers and I offered you a price to back you "Hillary loses heavily against Walker" claim. I'm always very open about my scams thank you.

There is currently no scenario without a serious outside influence that sees Hillary lose against any Republican with the possible exception of Rubio for demographic reasons.
                          You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                          World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Walker has proven electability. In a swing state. Three times in four years.
                            Trump has never been elected to anything.

But carry on.
                            Market trends seem to agree with me, Walker relatively shorter in the Republican nomination market than in the Presedintal one

Attached Files

Comment

RDIII: I think x is an absolute certainty to happen
                              Anyone else: I disagree, maybe we could bet
                              RDIII: Ok I want 100/1 on x happening, only fair

The same every time

Comment

Some film actors really shine when it comes to TV work, funny how the 180 swing in the last 10 years came about, if was the stuff of demotion only a few years ago.

Tim Robbins is knocking it out of the park in The Brink,not sure if it has been mentioned yet.

hotspur, breakfast laughter sorted.
                                This too shall pass.

Comment

Anyone with an interest in NFL or even just team sports should be watching Hard Knocks

Get a sneak peek at "Hard Knocks: Training Camp with the Houston Texans" premiering summer 2015.
                                  The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day. Gerry Thornley 23/3/09

Comment

Really think Rubio is still good value for the republican nomination.
                                    The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day. Gerry Thornley 23/3/09

Comment

No one ever seems to mind Feeny money

Comment

go to 20.45 in the clip

hopefully don't butter no parsnips

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Might be time for a night crew reshuffle

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                            Anyone got an electric car? How close to becoming reasonable are they?

Most of them are dog ugly unfortunately*, but really very interested in the idea.

*bar the i8. Drool
                                            New Tesla's are supposed to be great, proper driving cars as well!

Comment

I've been having these the last few mornings. It's like he czech version of a blaa, except it@s a bit differen unlike bread rolls, also tasty and not stale.
                                              X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                              Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Hah, Roy Brindley finally wins a bet and it ends him up being in The Journal
                                                Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                  Feeney money isn't literally killing the planet.
                                                  Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Market trends seem to agree with me, Walker relatively shorter in the Republican nomination market than in the Presedintal one
                                                    any chance you get grab the Betfair markets from 8 years ago? would make interesting reading imo

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                      Money is OK and unfortunately necessary to get elected. All in the game yo. Worked for FF for years and is now fucking them.

Unaccountable Super-PAC money is what's really distorting things in America.

Comment

25 degrees at 7.30am as I walked down along the coastline to the French bakery for fresh croissants for breakfast.

May also have picked up some chocolate croissants for elevenses while I was there

It's good to be alive
                                                        Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Who says football players these days aren't hard bastards?

Billy Bremner must be turning in his grave...

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
                                                            25 degrees at 7.30am as I walked down along the coastline to the French bakery for fresh croissants for breakfast.

May also have picked up some chocolate croissants for elevenses while I was there

It's good to be alive
                                                            Slept in so had to make do with a doughy cuisine de France "croissant" and a cup of Tim Hortons coffee that will ensure my breath smells of arse for the rest of the day. You win.
                                                            How have cuisine de France not had a case taken against the by the people of France for their god awful baguettes and croissants I'll never know. And yet the blaaa is protected?

Comment

It's good to be alive
                                                              Bread

Have you managed to successfully plug out of everything or are you still doing a few bits?

If so is the bit of peace suiting you?
                                                              ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

It's a lovely morning in Dublin too. Not 25 degrees, but still warm and pleasant.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                  Slept in so had to make do with a doughy cuisine de France "croissant" and a cup of Tim Hortons coffee that will ensure my breath smells of arse for the rest of the day. You win.
                                                                  How have cuisine de France not had a case taken against the by the people of France for their god awful baguettes and croissants I'll never know. And yet the blaaa is protected?
                                                                  cause they only sell to foreigners

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                    My point exactly. Second time he was an incumbent. He walked his primary. It made his election easier. Hillary is polling at incumbent levels. Nobody has polled this way for a non-incumbent in over 30 years
                                                                    She is running close to unopposed tho. She has all the experience, name recognition and money in that race. O'Malley is about as credible as it gets in terms of opposition and he is just gearing up for the next race in reality or perhaps to get the nod for a vp slot. Younger, more likable and Irish as he is.

I have no doubt she will sail through the nomination.

Jeb bush will be the republican nomination tho. The thought that walker can buy it implies that Jeb wont be able to raise cash. Lets be serious he is hardly going to find it tough to raise a few dollars. He also is pretty straight talking, comes across as genuine and again name recognition same as Clinton.

RDIII obv hasn't considered how much Americans like what they know and believe that what they did in the past was always right so they will damn well do it again.

When it comes to the polls for president in Clinton V Bush battle of dynastic name recognition Clinton will be revealed as a cold heart cunt while Bush the loving family man with a Latino wife and great hair.

Is american politics so crazy that a good smile, bit of charisma and a nice catch phrase is all it takes. Yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                      It's a lovely morning in Dublin too. Not 25 degrees, but still warm and pleasant.
                                                                      you should know better than this

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                        Bread

Have you managed to successfully plug out of everything or are you still doing a few bits?

If so is the bit of peace suiting you?
                                                                        Me giving up bread is never going to happen, especially when it's as good as that bakery produces! Arrived just as they were opening the doors and that fantastic smell of bread and cakes wafted over me as I walked through the door Despite being addicted to bread I'm still down half a stone since I got here so it's agreeing with me at least!

Completely plugged out at the moment, so much so that when a small piece came up last week I actually told them that I would be doing them a disservice by saying yes as I was completely switched off. Probably unlikely to get any future work there as a result, but you never know.

I'm loving things at the minute. Not doing a great deal different than I would be if I was in Dublin, mostly just "decompressing" I had great plans to do a mindfulness course, learn Spanish etc but what I've ended up doing is binging on TV shows & watching sports, playing football and occasionally going to the gym. I've even done a few yoga classes I will eventually do each of the things above, but I'm just not motivated as of yet.

Picked up a bad injury last Wednesday at football though, my head is 21 but my hips are unfortunately not. A cheeky sidestep and dropped shoulder followed by a piledriver shot saw me pull my hip flexor (I think) in any event had to go off and I've spent the last week cooped up with the leg up. Did a bit of walking yesterday, and this morning obviously but it's still quite painful. Will probably be out of football/gym for 4-6 weeks I'd guess.

Aside from that, it's mostly sitting around in the sun and watching the world go by for now!

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                                          She is running close to unopposed tho. She has all the experience, name recognition and money in that race. O'Malley is about as credible as it gets in terms of opposition and he is just gearing up for the next race in reality or perhaps to get the nod for a vp slot. Younger, more likable and Irish as he is.
                                                                          She does have the name (liability in this case) and she does have the money.

She doesn't have the experience. She's lost the only serious election she was ever in her life (2008 Dem primary).
                                                                          They could have put up a raccoon and he would have won her Senatorial Seat in NY.

I have no doubt she will sail through the nomination.
                                                                          Probably but that's more a reflection on the Dems than Hilary

Jeb bush will be the republican nomination tho. The thought that walker can buy it implies that Jeb wont be able to raise cash. Lets be serious he is hardly going to find it tough to raise a few dollars. He also is pretty straight talking, comes across as genuine and again name recognition same as Clinton.
                                                                          Jeb has 4 times as much money raised as Walker so let's just blow that one out of the water.

I think Bush name recognition is hardly a positive either.

RDIII obv hasn't considered how much Americans like what they know and believe that what they did in the past was always right so they will damn well do it again.
                                                                          I actually have considered it. And, what Americans do, time after time, is replace two-term presidents with 'the other guy'.

Is american politics so crazy that a good smile, bit of charisma and a nice catch phrase is all it takes. Yes it is.

Comment

They could have put up a raccoon and he would have won her Senatorial Seat in NY.
                                                                            Only one Democrat had won that seat since Bobby Kennedy in the 60s, it was hardly that much of a shoe-in.
                                                                            Last edited by ArmaniJeans; 20-08-15, 09:37.

Comment

Well I agree with you RDIII in that Hillarys run is all about the democrats being rubbish. As I said practically running unopposed. Thus the reason she has all the money.

In terms of the Bush name being no good than I think if you are a true american patriot, NRA card holder, history of military service in the family, flag flying proudly in the garden and hate the fact that ISIS are around because weak democrats refused to let the bushes finish killing towel heads every time than the name is not so bad. That makes up roughly 50% of the US population ie the republicans party.

Have Walkers family proudly stood up to oppression in the middle East. Hell no - humanitarians helping heal those same people who are attacking freedom.

Comment

Well I agree with you RDIII in that Hillarys run is all about the democrats being rubbish. As I said practically running unopposed. Thus the reason she has all the money.

In terms of the Bush name being no good than I think if you are a true american patriot, NRA card holder, history of military service in the family, flag flying proudly in the garden and hate the fact that ISIS are around because weak democrats refused to let the bushes finish killing towel heads every time than the name is not so bad. That makes up roughly 50% of the US population ie the republicans party.

Have Walkers family proudly stood up to oppression in the middle East. Hell no - humanitarians helping heal those same people who are attacking freedom.
                                                                                foreign policy doesn't matter a shite in the context of presidential elections

as with all elections, it's 'what can you do for me?' that wins it (again, see FF )

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                  Only one Democrat had won that seat since JFK back in the 50s, it was hardly that much of a shoe-in.
                                                                                  what

JFK was Senator for Massachutess (or however you spell it )

Hilary replaced good old Irish boy, Dan Moynihan (DEM), who had held that particular seat for 24 years

this smacks of your rugby fixture knowledge

Comment

@Chadley,
                                                                                    Whats the story on this wonderfully named Robert Kenedy lad? Any Irish link that we could shanghai him to an international career in green before Brazil give him a cap?

Comment

what

JFK was Senator for Massachutess (or however you spell it )

Hilary replaced good old Irish boy, Dan Moynihan (DEM), who had held that particular seat for 24 years

this smacks of your rugby fixture knowledge
                                                                                      Meh, had realised my mistake and fixed it to BobbyK.

Obviously the smiley face was because I knew Moynihan had held it for yonks. Still there was actually a belief at the time that the Democrats weren't a certainty, that a lot of it was personal Moynihan vote that mightn't transfer to HRC.
                                                                                      It was seen as a very close race (or maybe it was just the hardcore republican guy who writes for the ST who was bigging it up).
                                                                                      Last edited by ArmaniJeans; 20-08-15, 09:44.

Comment

Meh, had realised my mistake and fixed it to BobbyK.

Obviously the smiley face was because I knew Moynihan had held it for yonks. Still there was actually a belief at the time that the Democrats weren't a certainty, that a lot of it was personal Moynihan vote that mightn't transfer to HRC.
                                                                                        It was seen as a very close race (or maybe it was just the hardcore republican guy who writes for the ST who was bigging it up).
                                                                                        She was given a safe Senate seat, end of. The modern day equivalent of a yellow dog.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                                          Feeney money isn't literally killing the planet.
                                                                                          Are you implying that Kock money is?

I just got a chuckle out of the idea that all the people that decry the American money influencing Irish politics kept stum while someone from abroad funnelled millions into organisations to influence the Irish constitution.

Comment

foreign policy doesn't matter a shite in the context of presidential elections

as with all elections, it's 'what can you do for me?' that wins it (again, see FF )
                                                                                            Ah ya but it will be a nice stick to hit anyone with all the same and a big deal when it comes to raising funds.

Is Walker not a notorious tight wad in his home state, fired loads of state workers, smashed collective bargaining, raised income taxes and nearly had to call in the national guard when cops and firefighters were going to quit en mass.

Fair enough that he was reasonably trying to balance the books but will average joe six pack give a crap about budgets when he is taking bread from the mouths of the children of hard working cops.

I know you have been lumping on him so clearly see something I dont but cant see him getting the nomination over Jeb. Jeb speaks fluent spanish to appeal to the I imagine quite small number of Republican Latino voters

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Jaysus

Comment

Me giving up bread is never going to happen, especially when it's as good as that bakery produces! Arrived just as they were opening the doors and that fantastic smell of bread and cakes wafted over me as I walked through the door Despite being addicted to bread I'm still down half a stone since I got here so it's agreeing with me at least!

Completely plugged out at the moment, so much so that when a small piece came up last week I actually told them that I would be doing them a disservice by saying yes as I was completely switched off. Probably unlikely to get any future work there as a result, but you never know.

I'm loving things at the minute. Not doing a great deal different than I would be if I was in Dublin, mostly just "decompressing" I had great plans to do a mindfulness course, learn Spanish etc but what I've ended up doing is binging on TV shows & watching sports, playing football and occasionally going to the gym. I've even done a few yoga classes I will eventually do each of the things above, but I'm just not motivated as of yet.

Picked up a bad injury last Wednesday at football though, my head is 21 but my hips are unfortunately not. A cheeky sidestep and dropped shoulder followed by a piledriver shot saw me pull my hip flexor (I think) in any event had to go off and I've spent the last week cooped up with the leg up. Did a bit of walking yesterday, and this morning obviously but it's still quite painful. Will probably be out of football/gym for 4-6 weeks I'd guess.

Aside from that, it's mostly sitting around in the sun and watching the world go by for now!

Very nice! It brings back 2012 for me.

Absolutely no point in damaging your personal brand by taking on a project when your head isn't ready. It might hurt you or it may not but phoning it in definitely will hurt you.

I'm waiting to see how long before you're fully recharged and looking to get stuck into something new. For me it was 6 months but that may have been imposed by subliminal financial thinking as well. You'll likely go a bit longer I'd say. No point in not enjoying the winter in Malta anyway!!
                                                                                                  ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

@Chadley,
                                                                                                    Whats the story on this wonderfully named Robert Kenedy lad? Any Irish link that we could shanghai him to an international career in green before Brazil give him a cap?
                                                                                                    Think the Brazilians are getting fancy with their names. We signed another one named Nathan Allan.

Comment

While filming the line of planes all stacked up during a ground hold in Atlanta on 8/18/15 I happened to capture this direct lightning strike on a 737. For ...

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post

Comment

You'll likely go a bit longer I'd say. No point in not enjoying the winter in Malta anyway!!
                                                                                                        Boring and cold winters. I was in jeans and t-shirt till 20th December last winter, went to Sweden for 2 weeks and when I came back I needed a winter jacket for at least 3 months.

He will have something lined up by the end of January imo.

Comment

This is mental

What a house!

Comment

Is Walker not a notorious tight wad in his home state, fired loads of state workers, smashed collective bargaining, raised income taxes and nearly had to call in the national guard when cops and firefighters were going to quit en mass.

Fair enough that he was reasonably trying to balance the books but will average joe six pack give a crap about budgets when he is taking bread from the mouths of the children of hard working cops.
                                                                                                            Yeah, that's kinda it. He got recalled as a result. And then re-elected. Then re-elected again.

So he's a winner, which is part of the reason I like him. He's also got a traditionally good profile for a tilt at the presidency (young-ish, succesful governor in a state that doesn't vote his way normally, not a establishment politician- remind you of anyone?).

By the way, 'like' is purely meant in the context of 'as a betting proposition'. I'd almost certainly vote Dem in a US election nowadays if given the choice. Reagan was the last Republican candidate I would have voted for (and he was a Democrat anyway ).

Comment

Very nice! It brings back 2012 for me.

Absolutely no point in damaging your personal brand by taking on a project when your head isn't ready. It might hurt you or it may not but phoning it in definitely will hurt you.

I'm waiting to see how long before you're fully recharged and looking to get stuck into something new. For me it was 6 months but that may have been imposed by subliminal financial thinking as well. You'll likely go a bit longer I'd say. No point in not enjoying the winter in Malta anyway!!
                                                                                                              Right now that feels like never Time will tell I suppose but it hasn't taken me long to get used to keeping my own time/activities and it would take something very significant to persuade me to give it up I think.

Right now, I certainly can't see anything in my current field doing it, maybe I'll take up something else that inspires me or maybe I'll just get bored and go back to what I'm used to. In the meantime football Monday/Wednesday, Yoga Thursday & "Mojito Mondays @ €2.50" are the only meetings in my diary

Comment

Just returning from a funeral (the reason why I had time to write shite this morning).

Think if I could invest in any kind of small business, it would be undertaking.

Close second being tattoo removal. When the current fad reverses, there's gonna be spectacular business to be done.

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                                                                                                  Boring and cold winters. I was in jeans and t-shirt till 20th December last winter, went to Sweden for 2 weeks and when I came back I needed a winter jacket for at least 3 months.

He will have something lined up by the end of January imo.
                                                                                                                  What kind of odds can I get on that?

Comment

Just returning from a funeral (the reason why I had time to write shite this morning).

Close second being tattoo removal. When the current fad reverses, there's gonna be spectacular business to be done.
                                                                                                                    Definitely agree that non-religious funeral services is an under-served sector.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                                      Definitely agree that non-religious funeral services is an under-served sector.
                                                                                                                      The beauty of the business model is that religion doesn't really impact the bottom line (apart from mad environmentalists who want to get buried in cardboard boxes). There is really no threat to incumbents.

The Bart Simpson 'you kill 'em, we grill 'em' slogan might not be one for the Irish market though.

Comment

Funny, the one business plan I have on the back burner that I'd even consider moving with is in a closely related area.

A lad I know invested fairly heavily in a business that included this as a mainstay and was going quite well until the recession hit and revenue fell right off the cliff. I'm not sure if they managed to even hold on to the business.

I'm going to have another one to go to soon. A cousins daughter was found dead yesterday just four weeks after having her first baby. She'd been living abroad so everything is up in the air now as they wait for post mortem and deal with all the bureaucracy etc. Unbelievable

Comment

I see Cilla Black is only being buried today, why do funerals in the UK take so long? Or is it just because she was a celebrity?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X