Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see the ad on TV3 talking us up to win the RWC. I know its in the NH this time but we've yet to get past a QF. What would Rugby fans consider a good WC?

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
      I see the ad on TV3 talking us up to win the RWC. I know its in the NH this time but we've yet to get past a QF. What would Rugby fans consider a good WC?
      Short of winning the tournament any knockout game win against SA, OZ but especially NZ would do.
      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

none of SA, NZ, AUS or ENG winning it would do me
        Last edited by Raoul Duke III; 18-08-15, 21:00.
        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
          none of SA, NZ, AUS or ENG winning it would do me
          The first 4 in the betting. Good luck with that

Comment

The first 4 in the betting. Good luck with that
            Ah yeah. Good for the game though. Like you scooping some donkament.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
              Have set up to meet the Rennes girls rugby team after their match in Sept against Lille.
              Looking for a wing man m8?

Comment

Just watched 'Bobby Fischer Against the World' again. Hadn't noticed how class a man Spassky was before(in the 1970's not the Yugoslav war rematch obv).

I do not own copyright privileges to this video, but I think it is worthy of public scrutiny to show a historical perspective to Bobby Fischer's character ju...

bobby, fischer, ballad, bobby fischer versus the world, song, music, soundtrack, bobby fischer against the world, mike ellison

Some expressions take me back, like "Hair of Gold" and"Sweet Mary" and "Running to Me".The sweet sweet songs that cloud your eyes - nostalgia supplies.Loredo...
                Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Kids went to stay with Granny for 3 nights on Sunday. Duly planned an evening out tonight. Until I got a call this morning, middle child puking and granny not feeling too hot herself. Abandon ship on the dinner plans, kids get shipped home. Kid no 3 just puked everywhere and this ain't my first rodeo; we will all have it by the morning. Pleasant ten minutes wiping puke off the walls. FML.

I feel this may be an effective counter-argument to Solksjaer's deranged ramblings about parenthood.
                  Is that all ?

Firstly, hope the poor kiddie is ok.

Hardly been sick in years before the kid. 3 times in a year got infected by the wee man. I was dropping him to the creche when I was overcome by the sweats and the puking was imminent. In the middle of the street with one hand on him in his unfastened car seat and on one knee puking beside the car. Situation was comical. (depends how you look at it) Been up all night many times as his first 12 months were tough on the poor lad. Got every bug going . He went into a siezure one time due to the high temp. Was up the wall all night worrying. I went on a fecking kiddies 1st aid course to cover all future bases. I
                  Anyhoo, we all know I'm not fit to be a parent (due to extreme smugness ).

The counter argument I will give you is to honestly say would you take any amount of money for any of the kiddies? The defence rests.

Now shouldn't you be singing God save the Queen arm in arm with SP before the Ashes series is wrapped up and the pomhaters are gone home.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                    Feck is the best word ever. It takes the poison out of the dagger.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                      Feck is the best word ever. It takes the poison out of the dagger.
                      Agreed. Pity Americans don't understand the word. I have given up trying...
                      No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                        Feck them.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                          Tell them it's kinda like gosh and darn in its etymology except it's funny and doesn't make you want to slap the person that utters it.
                          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                            Tell them it's kinda like gosh and darn in its etymology except it's funny and doesn't make you want to slap the person that utters it.
                            Gee whizz golly gosh darn it all m8

Comment

I have been watching several YouTubers talk about copyright infringement and fair use, etc. So to avoid any copyright strikes, I want to point out that the c...

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                Now shouldn't you be singing God save the Queen arm in arm with SP before the Ashes series is wrapped up and the pomhaters are gone home.
                                I've barely stopped since Day 1 of Trent Bridge.

Comment

Speaking of Ashes stuff, cricketers draw each other:

Comment

Vegetarian living with us for a while.

@Tara Any simple tasty recipes to impress with?

Comment

Not reaching the semi's this world cup will be a big disappointment in reality this time round.

Putting a good game up against the all blacks in said semi will be considered a good WC. If we somehow manage to win against New Zealand not being wrecked for the final would also be nice.

I would say we should consider letting France top the group as we might through the other side and France will have knocked out the All Blacks in the semi's again only to go on and not bother with the final as they have already won.

I would say semi final is expected, close game in the final what I will be happy with, getting to the final a dream. Having the legs to win the tournament unlikely as I just dont see Mike Ross making it through so much game time

Comment

With all the talk of media boxes the other day I went out and got myself an MX3 4K android box yesterday. I paid extra to have all the "stuff" loaded on it as I haven't a notion.

It was fairly straight forward to use. I go into Kodi app and use the Genesis add on for TV and movies. Is that the best shout? It also has apps like showbox, Cartoon HD and tonnes more on it but I would rather just stick with one if possible.

As far as sports go I was able to find the sky channels through one of the add ons last night but was hoping to be able to get the mad channels that might show 3pm prem games and that. Is that easy to do? What about NFL and that sort of thing?

I am keeping the basic UPC for 25 a month so not that concerned with normal channels mostly want to use this for sport and movies/shows.

Any help on basic things I should be doing would be much appreciated and worth a couple of pints!

Comment

Both vdubt25 and phoenix have live sports section where links go up for games as they start.

Also sportsdevil is a decent backup app to have with plenty more links for live sports.

I've had no problem getting good quality streams for NBA NFL soccer golf etc.

The sky links usually work grand for things like golf but tend to struggle when premiership games are on etc.

Also this.http://youtu.be/__4eEhh3UM8
                                          airport, lol

Comment

All that is within kodi. Don't bother with the other android stuff.

Genesis is all you will need as regards TV and movies it has everything or prett much everything you'll ever think of, links are up as quick as they hit torrents. When you pick an episode it will give you a lost of links you will get a feel for which ones are better yourself and of your Internet is a bit slower going for HQ rather than HD etc.

Next thing to do is download yatze remote for your smartphone or tablet. Once your phone is on same network as your kodi you can control it all from there. Remote is class you can see what's playing, navigate easier, queue items etc. You can also select a YouTube video from your phone and select play on media player and it will send it to your TV or queue it up on media center. It's class
                                            Last edited by eamonhonda; 19-08-15, 09:00.
                                            airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                              Not reaching the semi's this world cup will be a big disappointment in reality this time round.

Putting a good game up against the all blacks in said semi will be considered a good WC. If we somehow manage to win against New Zealand not being wrecked for the final would also be nice.

I would say we should consider letting France top the group as we might through the other side and France will have knocked out the All Blacks in the semi's again only to go on and not bother with the final as they have already won.

I would say semi final is expected, close game in the final what I will be happy with, getting to the final a dream. Having the legs to win the tournament unlikely as I just dont see Mike Ross making it through so much game time
                                              I think you've got the paths arseways, e.g., we cant ever play NZ in the semifinal, and winning the group is fairly essential so as to avoid them in the quarters.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                I think you've got the paths arseways, e.g., we cant ever play NZ in the semifinal, and winning the group is fairly essential so as to avoid them in the quarters.
                                                Was thinking that. People seem pretty confident we'll beat France to top the group. Do France not generally turn up at WCs....

Comment

Was thinking that. People seem pretty confident we'll beat France to top the group. Do France not generally turn up at WCs....
                                                  only in the knockout phases. We usually suck and moan in the group stages and scrape into the 2nd spot...not this year though!!

Comment

they turn to jelly once they cross the channel (cheese eating surrender monkeys), their coach is a clown, ours is the best in the world and the Millenium will be a home game for us

EZ game imo

(can see shrap furiously bookmarking this )

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                      All that is within kodi. Don't bother with the other android stuff.

Genesis is all you will need as regards TV and movies it has everything or prett much everything you'll ever think of, links are up as quick as they hit torrents. When you pick an episode it will give you a lost of links you will get a feel for which ones are better yourself and of your Internet is a bit slower going for HQ rather than HD etc.

Next thing to do is download yatze remote for your smartphone or tablet. Once your phone is on same network as your kodi you can control it all from there. Remote is class you can see what's playing, navigate easier, queue items etc. You can also select a YouTube video from your phone and select play on media player and it will send it to your TV or queue it up on media center. It's class
                                                      I got a remote control with the box and a keyboard yoke too. Is it better to download something on the phone?

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                                                        I got a remote control with the box and a keyboard yoke too. Is it better to download something on the phone?
                                                        Yeah much better. Yatze
                                                        airport, lol

Comment

France are going to be very good at this RWC imo.
                                                          Lots of time in camp together. 4 years of underperformance. Great players with a point to prove. This RWC is more open than it's ever been too.

Im not looking beyond the France game for Ireland. We basically need to be at our absolute peak in 2 months time. Everything else is media bullshit. Joe will have the lads ready but we'll still need a bit of luck on the day.
                                                          ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                            Lots of time in camp together. 4 years of underperformance. Great players with a point to prove. This RWC is more open than it's ever been too.

Im not looking beyond the France game for Ireland. We basically need to be at our absolute peak in 2 months time. Everything else is media bullshit. Joe will have the lads ready but we'll still need a bit of luck on the day.
                                                            I'm not certain this is true anymore.

Comment

unlike Emmet I would focus on this not necessarily being good for French teams

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                I'm not certain this is true anymore.
                                                                Great players in French squad:
                                                                1. Picamoles

ehhhhhh.....

Of course we only have two. Sexton and O'Connell.

Comment

The French camp has been great, and a huge amount of positivity has come out of it as far as we can tell, the main problem is no one has a fucking clue if St Andre has a plan.

If he has a serious game plan and does not chop and change 9 and 10 every game nor rubbishes the players to the press at every opportunity, then anything is possible. As you say, it really all hinges on that Ireland France game.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                    the main problem is no one has a fucking clue if St Andre has a plan.
                                                                    Chatting to Toulon fans in Marseilles, they were pretty sure he hadn't! To the point when asked would they take a free ticket for Cardiff, they all said Non.

Comment

Great players in French squad:
                                                                      1. Picamoles

ehhhhhh.....

Of course we only have two. Sexton and O'Connell.
                                                                      Healy*, O'Brien, Heaslip, Bowe and Henshaw is one in the making.
                                                                      Murray probably getting close too

*worryingly little news about his injury status

Comment

I'm talking 'great', not 'very good'

like Dan Carter\Richie McCaw\O'Driscoll levels

actually Picamoles probably doesn't belong there now that I think about it

Comment

I'm talking 'great', not 'very good'

like Dan Carter\Richie McCaw\O'Driscoll levels

actually Picamoles probably doesn't belong there now that I think about it
                                                                          Terribad example so!

There aren't many 'greats' that will be lining up for any side at the World Cup tbh.

Comment

So it looks like Pedro is now en route to Chelsea while Woodward follows another dead end with a reported £70m bid for Muller. Couldn't understand how no one else was trying to hijack the move as he is a steal at £22m.

Comment

Terribad example so!

There aren't many 'greats' that will be lining up for any side at the World Cup tbh.
                                                                              ah, I'm sure you could put a pretty scary World XV together
                                                                              1. Argie lad whose name I have forgotten
                                                                              2. Bismarck du PLessis
                                                                              3. some other fat lad
                                                                              4. O'Connell
                                                                              5. Kieran Read
                                                                              6. Carter\Sexton
                                                                              7. Most of the AB backline

fill in the gaps!

Comment

2. Bismarck du PLessis
                                                                                3. some other fat lad
                                                                                4. O'Connell
                                                                                5. Kieran Read
                                                                                6. Carter\Sexton

fill in the gaps!
                                                                                Says it all that you weren't able to do it!

Comment

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
                                                                                  So it looks like Pedro is now en route to Chelsea while Woodward follows another dead end with a reported £70m bid for Muller. Couldn't understand how no one else was trying to hijack the move as he is a steal at £22m.
                                                                                  I'm still a bit confused over the 40m sterling bid for Stones. He's played like 60 games as a professional. Madness ted
                                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
                                                                                    He was waiting for us to come in imo. How somebody hasn't signed him for what is a bargain in the current market confuses me. Must have been waiting for Chelsea/City. Ramos used United and now Pedro has too. Enjoyable.

Chelsea still need more improvements.

Comment

Pedro would improve all the top teams greatly, he's definitely the best bench dweller in football.

The John Stones thing is reaching Andy Carroll levels of lol.
                                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

I'm still a bit confused over the 40m sterling bid for Stones. He's played like 60 games as a professional. Madness ted
                                                                                        He's young, going to be class and is English. Sign him now for 40m or next season for more.

Would probably get Varane for 40m annoyingly.

Comment

I think he's goosed hope I'm wrong. What will kill us is lack of depth even if joe smith has improved this from Eddie and deccies days. Losing any of Murray sexton and henshaw would be a disaster. Darcy has been a great servant but clearly has no legs anymore like John Hayes and o gara he stayed on to long.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                                            He's young, going to be class and is English. Sign him now for 40m or next season for more.

Would probably get Varane for 40m annoyingly.
                                                                                            That doesn't make it less ridiculous
                                                                                            airport, lol

Comment

With all the talk of media boxes the other day I went out and got myself an MX3 4K android box yesterday. I paid extra to have all the "stuff" loaded on it as I haven't a notion.
                                                                                              Out of interest, how much would a soul pay for something like this?
                                                                                              I was doing some spring cleaning and found a few pis I could pre load with all the essentials.
                                                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

That doesn't make it less ridiculous
                                                                                                Sterlings finishing is poor and he is a bit of a headless chicken. He is 20 and full of potential. City paid £44m with £5m in potential add ons.

Stones is a solid defender who has shown he will only get better. Could replace JT long term. Chelsea want to pay £40m.

Super standard stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                                                                                  I think he's goosed hope I'm wrong. What will kill us is lack of depth even if joe smith has improved this from Eddie and deccies days. Losing any of Murray sexton and henshaw would be a disaster. Darcy has been a great servant but clearly has no legs anymore like John Hayes and o gara he stayed on to long.
                                                                                                  Last Saturday was surely D'Arcy's last game for Ireland and I doubt he gets much of a spin for Leinster this season - should have retired with BO'D.

In terms of absolute irreplacability for me:
                                                                                                  1. Sexton (we have no-one else even close to approaching international class at 10)
                                                                                                  2. O'Connell (for leadership alone and still a huge player, even if on the cusp of semi-retirement)
                                                                                                  3. Heaslip (we don't really have another 8)
                                                                                                  4. Murray (developed into a huge player in the system Schmidt is playing)
                                                                                                  5. Healy

Comment

Chatting to Toulon fans in Marseilles, they were pretty sure he hadn't! To the point when asked would they take a free ticket for Cardiff, they all said Non.
                                                                                                    how many you got? i'll take them!!

Last time I was in Cardiff I saw France beat the mighty ABs. Although this wouldn't compare, it would still be a great night!!

Comment

Sterlings finishing is poor and he is a bit of a headless chicken. He is 20 and full of potential. City paid £44m with £5m in potential add ons.

Stones is a solid defender who has shown he will only get better. Could replace JT long term. Chelsea want to pay £40m.

Super standard stuff.
                                                                                                      It has indeed become standard. But very much both ridiculous prices
                                                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

It has indeed become standard. But very much both ridiculous prices
                                                                                                        Ah yeah it's crazy money but that is where football is at. If Stones replaced Terry and was there for years it's a bargain. Transfers are also gambles m8.

Comment

He was waiting for us to come in imo. How somebody hasn't signed him for what is a bargain in the current market confuses me. Must have been waiting for Chelsea/City. Ramos used United and now Pedro has too. Enjoyable.

Chelsea still need more improvements.
                                                                                                          Van Gaal messing Valdes around in public probably didn't help persuade him either

Comment

Van Gaal messing Valdes around in public probably didn't help persuade him either
                                                                                                            LVG is an overrated muppet tbf.

Comment

Can't wait for the transfer window to be over.

Comment

Seems our comfort zone as a nation is always to play the underdog card and find some sort of desperate argument to try justify it, regardless of our world ranking or results under Schmidt. Surely anything other than a defeat to NZ at whatever stage we meet/may meet them should be seen as a disappointment. Hoping that's the mentality that's drilled into the players anyway. Under Schmidt we've won games in style and also gruelled them out, but he seems to come out on the right side of a lot of close tactical battles and well and truly rid us of the heroic losers tag of past years.
                                                                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                                  Out of interest, how much would a soul pay for something like this?
                                                                                                                  I was doing some spring cleaning and found a few pis I could pre load with all the essentials.
                                                                                                                  I paid €115. How much can they be bought for blank?

Let's go into business. I'll look after Sales and tax, you look after the tech. Buy a job lot from China and market them as "dodgy boxes" that get rid of the need for SKY. They would fly off the shelves to the Northside. Once there is an hint of criminality in them they will sell like hot cakes.

50/50 partners.

Comment

I paid €115. How much can they be bought for blank?

Let's go into business. I'll look after Sales and tax, you look after the tech. Buy a job lot from China and market them as "dodgy boxes" that get rid of the need for SKY. They would fly off the shelves to the Northside. Once there is an hint of criminality in them they will sell like hot cakes.

50/50 partners.
                                                                                                                    40-50 euro they can be set up and ready to go
                                                                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

2. Bismarck du PLessis
                                                                                                                      3. some other fat lad
                                                                                                                      4. O'Connell
                                                                                                                      5. Kieran Read
                                                                                                                      6. Carter\Sexton

fill in the gaps!
                                                                                                                      1.domingo. France. 2 du plessis SA.3 Nic mas France. 4 Brodie ret a lick NZ.5 O Connell. 6. Sean o brien tempted to play David po cock out of pos . 7 the goat McCcaw best cheat. 8 Reid NZ Or ver mulean SA depending what game you want. To play . Kiwi back line then Folau at full back.

Comment

The London Times today front page headlined the latest uk government approved medical research into vaping. Effectively just about every anti-vaping notion put forward here has now been demolished and left quivering in the corner. Even the Telegraph inside article has gone with 'smokers urged to get vaping'. Daily Mail went with '1 million negro vapers heading here'. (this last one may not be true).

Comment

Last Saturday was surely D'Arcy's last game for Ireland and I doubt he gets much of a spin for Leinster this season - should have retired with BO'D.

In terms of absolute irreplacability for me:
                                                                                                                          1. Sexton (we have no-one else even close to approaching international class at 10)
                                                                                                                          2. O'Connell (for leadership alone and still a huge player, even if on the cusp of semi-retirement)
                                                                                                                          3. Heaslip (we don't really have another 8)
                                                                                                                          4. Murray (developed into a huge player in the system Schmidt is playing)
                                                                                                                          5. Healy
                                                                                                                          I think we will miss Ulsters finest Andy Trimble who is fantastic at Schmidt rugby. Not the fastest but very smart and if you are taking on a side with aggression it nice to know your winger can smash a second row with a huge hit.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X