This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
    Guess we've all read the famous Amazon article du jour? Haven't had a chance to read back here.
    The St Patricks Day cookie cutter?

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Guess we've all read the famous Amazon article du jour? Haven't had a chance to read back here.
      the crying staff and the CEO's rebuttal?
      I read it, but not here
      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
        I take back my critique of Mr. Robot.

It's pretty fucking good.
        I watched the first two and loved them. Storing the series so I can binge watch it sometime.

Comment

Mr. Robot is the is the most promising show since 1988 when Home & Away debuted.

Comment

Why did 10 die?
            SPOILER
            He was in the middle of 9/11.
            Go big or go homeless.

Comment

This is very gross but very well done

Round 1 ... Fight!Directed & Edited by: Danny & Michael Philippou.https://www.facebook.com/Danny.Philippou.Racka.RackaMAKEUP: Bec Buratto & Corrie Emery Musi...
              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Meat sweats.
                X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Steve Bruce wrote 3 murder mystery novels. If you have 10 mins and fancy lolling out loud 50 times+, I highly recommend you take the time to read this:

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                    Steve Bruce wrote 3 murder mystery novels. If you have 10 mins and fancy lolling out loud 50 times+, I highly recommend you take the time to read this:

http://www.theslicedpan.com/football...e-novel/293169
                    Haha, that was great. I'm late for work now, worth it though.
                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Interesting stuff. These businesses are all consuming at the deep end. The rewards are huge but the demands are pretty big also.

It's a pretty tough challenge to balance the demand for the very best staff producing cutting edge business and reshaping different business practices whilst also trying to play nice and promote a work/life balance to prevent burnout. Not a problem for also ran companies but if your goal is to be a cutting edge leader it's very difficult to juggle it.

The managers response was pretty insightful once you look past the rose tinted viewpoint.
                      ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                        Interesting stuff. These businesses are all consuming at the deep end. The rewards are huge but the demands are pretty big also.

It's a pretty tough challenge to balance the demand for the very best staff producing cutting edge business and reshaping different business practices whilst also trying to play nice and promote a work/life balance to prevent burnout. Not a problem for also ran companies but if your goal is to be a cutting edge leader it's very difficult to juggle it.

The managers response was pretty insightful once you look past the rose tinted viewpoint.
                        The trick is to get into a cutting edge company (highly +€€€€€EV) but secure yourself some kind of SME niche where you don't have to work 100 hours a week.

Or else be such a prick that no-one wants to talk to you.
                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post

They had a button on peoples PCs that you had to press when going to the toilet and on your return. Bathroom time then brought up at your appraisal.

Comment

Giants Causeway the top Irish attraction in lonely planets top 500 places to see in the world. Wouldnt even make my top 20 in Ireland

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                              They had a button on peoples PCs that you had to press when going to the toilet and on your return. Bathroom time then brought up at your appraisal.
                              Be thankful they don't have that in your office or Mulally would have the last laugh.
                              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Giants Causeway the top Irish attraction in lonely planets top 500 places to see in the world. Wouldnt even make my top 20 in Ireland
                                giant's causeway is spectacular and should definitely be in Ireland's top 20 (although not number 1)
                                Last edited by shrapnel; 18-08-15, 08:42.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                  giant's causeway is spectacular and should definitely be in Ireland's top 20 (although not number 1)
                                  The Antrim glens and coastline are spectacular. The Causeway itself is a small pile of rocks that I wouldn't waste my time on again.

Comment

I was in Kenmare last month.

Drove the ring of Kerry on a rough day, It was spectacular. Really was. Cliffs beside Portmagee overlooking Skelling Michael were unreal. End of the earth stuff. Sadly there were no boats over to Michael on the day we were out there.

I drove to Glengarriff in West Cork the next day. The last 20 minutes of the drive from Kenmare rivalled the Ring of Kerry. Absolutely beautiful valleys with lakes on top of mountains. I couldn't believe it. I'd never heard of it before. Glengarriff itself is gorgeous.

Just have to get out of Dublin the odd time to appreciate the country. The sun shines for an hour and there are 50 pics of the 40ft and Dun Laoghaire scattered. Is that all we have?

When i say get out out of Dublin I mean towards the west and south coast of course. The Midlands are awful.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                      In that case let's be having your Top 20?
                                      I'll unveil this later
                                      Skellig Micheal is number 1 by a long shot and didn't make the lonely planet list
                                      Last edited by Guest; 18-08-15, 10:12.

Comment

Maybe glens and coastlines and long-winding roads were outside the remit of the Top 500 attractions survey. Looking at the list it would seem so.

Comment

Dont think you can just pick a random view or what ever. To be a tourist attraction I would say you need a guide, tour, visitors center or some sort of infastrucutre or focal point.

Basically if at no point are you asked to pay or donate than its not a tourist attraction even if tourists find it attractive.

The causeway does not have a fantastic view - nice but the views from the drive from derry are much better. It is an interesting geological site with a well built visitors center, informed guides and plenty of parking for buses.

Comment

Any tourist guide to Ireland that doesn't have Skellig Micheal at number one can't be taken seriously

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                              Dont think you can just pick a random view or what ever. To be a tourist attraction I would say you need a guide, tour, visitors center or some sort of infastrucutre or focal point.

Basically if at no point are you asked to pay or donate than its not a tourist attraction even if tourists find it attractive.

The causeway does not have a fantastic view - nice but the views from the drive from derry are much better. It is an interesting geological site with a well built visitors center, informed guides and plenty of parking for buses.
                                              Disagree, the attraction is the 'random view'. The rest is just a tool to get a few quid from tourists.

Comment

Any tourist guide to Ireland that doesn't have Skellig Micheal at number one can't be taken seriously
                                                Isn't the Guinness Storehouse Number 1?

Comment

Perhaps for the Top500 they don't count any attractions which are only open for 4 months a year? You'd really need to see what the parameters of the list were before criticising the results.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                    WP - be interested to see when they settle
                                                    Done first thing this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                      Isn't the Guinness Storehouse Number 1?
                                                      And Temple Bar no 2

We're getting smart like the Frogs and wops who have been at this tourism lark a long time - never tell the barbarian savages where the good stuff is.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                        And Temple Bar no 2

We're getting smart like the Frogs and wops who have been at this tourism lark a long time - never tell the barbarian savages where the good stuff is.
                                                        Yeah that's the way to do it,cats out of the bag re the skelligs though,those steps will be put to the test when the star wars neckbeards start arriving

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                                          I was in Kenmare last month.

Drove the ring of Kerry on a rough day, It was spectacular. Really was. Cliffs beside Portmagee overlooking Skelling Michael were unreal. End of the earth stuff. Sadly there were no boats over to Michael on the day we were out there.

I drove to Glengarriff in West Cork the next day. The last 20 minutes of the drive from Kenmare rivalled the Ring of Kerry. Absolutely beautiful valleys with lakes on top of mountains. I couldn't believe it. I'd never heard of it before. Glengarriff itself is gorgeous.

Just have to get out of Dublin the odd time to appreciate the country. The sun shines for an hour and there are 50 pics of the 40ft and Dun Laoghaire scattered. Is that all we have?

When i say get out out of Dublin I mean towards the west and south coast of course. The Midlands are awful.
                                                          During my cycling days I remember well doing a tour of Ireland, we went from glengarrif , the Healy pass, the glenmalure lakes, 'twas was the highlight of the two weeks . We spent a night in an An Oige hostel and woke up to stunning scenery . Have harped on about it since .
                                                          In short, I second Glengaffif .

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                            Emmet,

sizeable change in the Top 14 announced today. Scrums will not be replayed at all. First infringement (essentially first front row to put his hand to the floor) will mean automatic penalty.

They're basically saying that even though scrums are reset 3 or 4 times, it usually ends with a penalty being forked out so let's just get rid of those and go straight to the penalty.

should be interesting first few weeks.
                                                            I kind of like it. The scrum has been a fucking joke. I hate it tbh. Funny that the French rule will just be to call it as an actual lottery, as opposed to last season's "it might be a lottery".

Amazing article here http://gwladrugby.com/?p=2230 goes through just how shockingly the referees have done with keeping it as a contest since it first appeared that the IRB were wanting it to be one again.

Some of the Brian Moore quotes and video clips are excellent, I think he's spot on on a number of issues. We're (Ireland) absolute and utter criminals at scrum time. Reddan hasn't fed a scrum straight once in his career, Rory Best has his foot up before the ball is in every time too. The scrum has become an issue that it didn't need to be.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                              Perhaps for the Top500 they don't count any attractions which are only open for 4 months a year? You'd really need to see what the parameters of the list were before criticising the results.
                                                              Stop trying to be reasonable,this is the Internet. Giants Causeway is a bizarre choice for number 1 no matter what the criteria.

Comment

Originally posted by mcnugget View Post
                                                                The Antrim glens and coastline are spectacular. The Causeway itself is a small pile of rocks that I wouldn't waste my time on again.
                                                                I think people are missing the point on the causeway. It's hardly just a pile of rocks. It's pretty unique

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                                                  You've obviously never been to Fore or witnessed its 7 wonders?

Comment

Stop trying to be reasonable,this is the Internet. Giants Causeway is a bizarre choice for number 1 no matter what the criteria.
                                                                    I've never been, but I do know tourists who think its marvellous though - Polack beside me raves about it as the most sensationally unique thing he's ever seen and goes up there every year.
                                                                    (In fairness the Craggy Island parochial house and that you can stand outside and recreate kicking Bishop Brennan up the arse photos would be in his top 5, so his opinions may not be reliable)

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                      Done first thing this morning.
                                                                      Good stuff - must keep an eye for next weekend so.

Comment

I've never been, but I do know tourists who think its marvellous though - Polack beside me raves about it as the most sensationally unique thing he's ever seen and goes up there every year.
                                                                        (In fairness the Craggy Island parochial house and that you can stand outside and recreate kicking Bishop Brennan up the arse photos would be in his top 5, so his opinions may not be reliable)
                                                                        twas a bit of laff in fairness, even got to wear the bishops hat

Comment

Yeah that's the way to do it,cats out of the bag re the skelligs though,those steps will be put to the test when the star wars neckbeards start arriving
                                                                          Glad to see neckbeard entering the lexicon
                                                                          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

The Burren walk right across from that house should be on anyones top ten.
                                                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                              Just asked him and he said no, he didn't bother with the 'featureless wasteland' after doing his Fr Ted stuff. Just drove home.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                Definitely one of my favourite places in Ireland

Comment

Cycling around Inis Mór is class.

Comment

Didnt Samuel Boswell say Giants causeway was worth seeing but not worth going to see?
                                                                                    The whole area around North Coast is awesome though, there is a youth hostel up there with a view worthy of a 5 star hotel. Expectations and your form on the day you go can factor in a lot. I thought Glendalough was pretty meh, Killarney was fantastic, as was Kinsale. Donegal i have much love for, and Connemara. We are dead lucky to have such a choice of places a car drive away.
                                                                                    Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                                    https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

footie golf in deerpark #3

Comment

Might go ride this for the laugh

Jukin Media Verified (Original)* For licensing / permission to use: Contact: licensing@jukinmedia.comI take a ride on a paternoster, an old school type of el...

hope I haven't bbv'ed myself

Comment

I think it's entirely reasonable to suggest that the kind of individuals who go jogging on busy city centre streets at lunchtime should be publically executed.

For the general betterment of humanity.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                            I think it's entirely reasonable to suggest that the kind of individuals who go jogging on busy city centre streets at lunchtime should be publically executed.

For the general betterment of humanity.
                                                                                            Was thinking along similar lines whilst on holiday.

Went to a very well known and extremely busy Provence market.

-Perfectly reasonable to shoot parents who think it is perfectly acceptable to bring their massive kids buggies in the filled to the brim narrow streets of these villages causing huge queues and jams whilst they try to get through.

-Perfectly reasonable to shoot owners and stomp on dogs (usually the horrible lapdog varieties) who go completely ballistic when they see or cross paths with other dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by mocata View Post
                                                                                              Didnt Samuel Boswell say Giants causeway was worth seeing but not worth going to see?
                                                                                              The whole area around North Coast is awesome though, there is a youth hostel up there with a view worthy of a 5 star hotel. Expectations and your form on the day you go can factor in a lot. I thought Glendalough was pretty meh, Killarney was fantastic, as was Kinsale. Donegal i have much love for, and Connemara. We are dead lucky to have such a choice of places a car drive away.
                                                                                              Ya but I don't think you can say that killarney is a tourist attraction or Donegal or connemara. They are big geographical areas and ya pretty great in part but killarney has a factory, connemara some parts of the bog that are cut away quaries and donegal the flushies.

That is what I meant by attractive to tourists and actual tourist attractions.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                                Glad to see neckbeard entering the lexicon
                                                                                                thought the exact same thing

Comment

Is BT or Sky in HD anywhere on kodi?

Comment

Will tv3 sports coverage be any better before the Rugby WC comes around? Fairly shocking.

Comment

haha. was going through old lootcrates and have now have a copy of BBV's book du jour , ready player one along with a load of other cool shit I forgot about

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                                        Will tv3 sports coverage be any better before the Rugby WC comes around? Fairly shocking.
                                                                                                        Come a long way tbf. I remember when they just started & managed to get the coverage of Yugoslavia v Ireland (I think) qualifier over there.

Frank Stapleton was on co-com and they were letting on they were in the stadium but he kept getting confused with his over here/over there's. We thought this was hilarious but then he was spotted on camera in the studio when the credits were going up.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                                          Is BT or Sky in HD anywhere on kodi?
                                                                                                          yes and no.
                                                                                                          Easiest way to do it is cast the stream locally from aceplayer on your device (or directly on acestream depending on your device)
                                                                                                          P2P streams addon will do most of the donkey work for you.

Comment

Well played from the Brugge fans. A chorus of YNWA. Lol. Top trolling.

Comment

I complain about weather and moan about things but today on Lough Erne lifted my soul just like the mist lifted off the Lough as the morning passed.

10am was this.

[IMG][/IMG]

2hrs later the curtain is lifted

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Sexual stuff from Memphis. Nice to see one player playing a bit well.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                                                  Sexual stuff from Memphis. Nice to see one player playing a bit well.
                                                                                                                  Just been busy getting goalscorer bets on him for the Newcastle match. Looks a serious player and fucking hell only 21.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                                                                    twas a bit of laff in fairness, even got to wear the bishops hat

What's a Filum?

What’s Filum… What’s FILUM??Check out more awesome videos at BuzzFeedVideo!http://bit.ly/YTbuzzfeedvideoMUSICDon’t Get CrazyLicensed via Warner Chappell Prod...
                                                                                                                    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                                                                      Just been busy getting goalscorer bets on him for the Newcastle match. Looks a serious player and fucking hell only 21.

Opr
                                                                                                                      Looks promising anyway. Nice bit of skill to set himself up for the 1st and a nice finish for the 2nd. Hopefully he turns into the creative player we desperately need.

On a side note. I thought Januzaj had been subbed until he got the ball a moment ago. Not in the game at all.

Comment

Kids went to stay with Granny for 3 nights on Sunday. Duly planned an evening out tonight. Until I got a call this morning, middle child puking and granny not feeling too hot herself. Abandon ship on the dinner plans, kids get shipped home. Kid no 3 just puked everywhere and this ain't my first rodeo; we will all have it by the morning. Pleasant ten minutes wiping puke off the walls. FML.

I feel this may be an effective counter-argument to Solksjaer's deranged ramblings about parenthood.

Comment

Fucking finally. Better second half but no point dominating if we can't convert a couple of a gazillion chances. Take the win anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X