Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well done Galway Ionapaul, thought i spotted him on the malahide rd near Marino this morning looking furtive and as if deciding on waiting for a bus was better that hailing a taxi. Was that you ionapaul?. If not you have a doppelganger

Comment

Chelsea look way off the pace. Something defo amiss with Mourinho. Any chance of him to be first manager to leave?

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
        Chelsea look way off the pace. Something defo amiss with Mourinho. Any chance of him to be first manager to leave?
        They aren't fit or up to speed yet. Short pre season.

Ramires goal was onside and Fernandinho should have been sent off.

Something is missing too. Bench is pretty meh. Willian, Cuadrado and Ramire are average players, need a quality RW.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
          Good old refs.
          LOL Chelsea
          No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
            The point is that no one is ever fit to look after a kid and nothing disqualifies ypou more than thinking you are.
            I know you'll pretend you were joking but the idea that you think you are now is the very definition of smugness.
            I ain't joking pops. I'm defending parenthood. I'm also defending the fact that for me the time is perfect. Now we really know what's bothering you on the subject . Your willy is wilting isn't it ?

Your post makes no sense though . How can knowing/ feeling you are fit for something disqualify you from it ?

Comment

SP versus Solskjaer

Amazing! It it so boring, that is funny -.-I don't get any credits from this clip. The original rights goes to the original owner. Or so, or whatever -,-

Comment

But seriously WTF is going in in or around Ger Loughnane's neck
                Simply the top button of the shirt undone and loose causing the shirt to stick out and look unkempt with the tie. The contrast collar and placket makes it more confusing I guess. Buy a shirt with a bigger neck and keep it fastened. Problem solved.

A very enjoyable game but I don't think Kilkenny will be shitting themselves.
                Last edited by V for Vendetta; 16-08-15, 17:00.
                ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                  Well done Galway Ionapaul, thought i spotted him on the malahide rd near Marino this morning looking furtive and as if deciding on waiting for a bus was better that hailing a taxi. Was that you ionapaul?. If not you have a doppelganger
                  Ha, not me, living in deep south Dublin at the moment (Leopardstown Valley/Sandyford), the closest I got to town in the last week is Dundrum on Friday night.

Comment

Was flicking between Chelse game and the hurling, the hurling was pretty great.

Chelsea waaaay off the pace. Game was really poor quality today, City didn't overly impress me either. Most obvious thing is Chelsea seem to be lacking a bit of depth. No real game changers to bring on off the bench, even a player like Schurrle would add a bit of depth. If 4 of the starting 11 are out at any one time, Chelsea would be seriously lacking quality.

Still early, so wouldn't be getting too worried, but will need to up their game sooner rather than later. It's funny how there'd be things you'd hardly notice and just take for granted when Courtois is playing but you notice when Begovic is there. Matic wasn't at the races today either. Things do seem strange with Mourinho, his sides are doing things that Mourinho sides never seem to do. I won't overreact, we'll see how things develop over the next few weeks.
                    Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Chelsea gone to 7/2 to win the league.Thoughts?
                      Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Mourinho said Terry was substituted at half-time for tactical...ugh, that kinda is worrying. Never a good sign for a team when one of the ever-presents is no longer an ever-present.
                            Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

The wheels are coming off. Demotes the medical team because he is a small man. Demotes Terry because he is a small man. Looking forward to further implosions.
                              X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                              Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                A fifty year old girl
                                Some of the words don't fit with the other words m8.

Comment

Was in a Boyles shop this morning. Saw a price on a screen. Giroud, Aguero and Benteke anytime scorers at 10/1. Didn't take it. Really funking for Benteke not to score now wishing I placed the bet.

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                    Ha, not me, living in deep south Dublin at the moment (Leopardstown Valley/Sandyford), the closest I got to town in the last week is Dundrum on Friday night.
                                    Yeah knew that but thought you might be doing a George Mc Fly. Spying the house you never bought in Marino or something blending it in with the GAlway game. Your obv not sinister enough.

Comment

Couple of episodes in to Mr Robot...is this just a coding version of Fight Club?
                                      Last edited by Denny Crane; 16-08-15, 18:02.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                        Couple of episodes in to Mr Robot...is this just a coding version of Fight Club?

SPOILER
                                        ''Yes'' (Said in a Kelly accent)

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                          Simply the top button of the shirt undone and loose causing the shirt to stick out and look unkempt with the tie. The contrast collar and placket makes it more confusing I guess. Buy a shirt with a bigger neck and keep it fastened. Problem solved.

A very enjoyable game but I don't think Kilkenny will be shitting themselves.
                                          Had to google Placket, even more confused now! Was that the red and white thing

I thought he had the top few shirt buttons open and the tie pulled up as high as it would go on his neck plus he was wearing a red and white t shirt underneath.
                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post

SPOILER
                                            ''Yes'' (Said in a Kelly accent)
                                            Are you up to date Rounders?

MR (up to date only read)

SPOILER
                                            Had originally pegged it as Fight Club tv show but there was couple of times when Mr. Robot actually bumps into/talks to people etc. when Elliot is present. Last episode was brilliant and now looks like Mr. Robot is a separate entity and perhaps his Dad??? I look forward to being more confused over next couple of eps.

Reminded me to look up The Leftovers which isn't back until Oct but Show Me a Hero starts on HBO tonight

Comment

Where's the best place to find a general maintenance/handyman type guy?

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                Where's the best place to find a general maintenance/handyman type guy?
                                                Check the buy/sell type Facebook pages for your area. They seem to get a lot of business and recommendations on them.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                                  Are you up to date Rounders?

MR (up to date only read)

SPOILER
                                                  Had originally pegged it as Fight Club tv show but there was couple of times when Mr. Robot actually bumps into/talks to people etc. when Elliot is present. Last episode was brilliant and now looks like Mr. Robot is a separate entity and perhaps his Dad??? I look forward to being more confused over next couple of eps.

Reminded me to look up The Leftovers which isn't back until Oct but Show Me a Hero starts on HBO tonight
                                                  SPOILER
                                                  haha i thought that was him with his son!. First 3 or so episodes were good then it started going wrong for me. In my view they have made a real mess of the Tyrell Wellick character. With the dominant partner pulling the strings he is nothing but an empty bag. He needed to be a self obsessed maniac now we know he has no bottle at all.
                                                  The Angela Moss character is not believable and that emotionally charged big showdown between them in the last episode just didnt work.

Comment

Wow Jason Day, what a putt.
                                                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Is there any website similar to Ronaldo7.net to watch golf on (in HD?) - Sky Sports coverage if possible

Comment

Originally posted by TheJiggaman View Post
                                                        Is there any website similar to Ronaldo7.net to watch golf on (in HD?) - Sky Sports coverage if possible

Comment

Rose is burning up this back 9

Comment

We need a new sport where we get to see iarlath tannion marking aidan o shea . some game today

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                              Rose is burning up this back 9
                                                              Nice bbv'ing there sir.

This has Day written all over it.
                                                              No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Off to Prague in the morning, saw a place not far from where we are staying called 'Pissing Fountain'

SPOILER
                                                                [img]https://seafaringwoman.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/dscf2708.jpg

Started packing at 10:42, finished at 10:45, took longer than expected.

Comment

I presume the Rose of Tralee is a pretty big deal Prague side, and will be on the big screens.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                                                    I presume the Rose of Tralee is a pretty big deal Prague side, and will be on the big screens.
                                                                    Are we doing a Eurovision style sweep for the lovely girls?

*Not volunteering to organise.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                      Are we doing a Eurovision style sweep for the lovely girls?

*Not volunteering to organise.
                                                                      Great idea, we'll take that as an offer to organise. I'll be near Russia otherwise I would organise.

Comment

Off to Prague in the morning, saw a place not far from where we are staying called 'Pissing Fountain'

SPOILER
                                                                        [img]https://seafaringwoman.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/dscf2708.jpg

Started packing at 10:42, finished at 10:45, took longer than expected.
                                                                        break a leg
                                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

Great idea, we'll take that as an offer to organise. I'll be near Russia otherwise I would organise.
                                                                          I nominate AJ, he has a proven record of being a diligent and trustworthy organiser of stuff.

Comment

Lovely girls competition sweep is it

Comment

Has anyone deserved it more than Day? So delighted for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                Has anyone deserved it more than Day? So delighted for him.
                                                                                Its been coming. Great season for him
                                                                                airport, lol

Comment

I think reading peoples opinions on football on boards is why I get headaches.

Comment

I nominate AJ, he has a proven record of being a diligent and trustworthy organiser of stuff.
                                                                                    Its a terrible gambling competition to be honest - they just announce the winner at the end and nothing more, zero sweat for your gambling dollar. They need to add some sort of scoring system as it goes along, eliminations, jury voting etc.

Comment

Delighted for Day. You'd think he'll win plenty more after getting the monkey off his back.
                                                                                      Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                        Its a terrible gambling competition to be honest - they just announce the winner at the end and nothing more, zero sweat for your gambling dollar. They need to add some sort of scoring system as it goes along, eliminations, jury voting etc.
                                                                                        Yep. Never thought of that. At least with the eurovision we had the votes and over enthusiastic announcers.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                          Indeed, said the same thing earlier elsewhere.

Comment

Mr Robot

SPOILER
                                                                                            its shit, pity coz good show needed badly, and teased it could be the one, but its tripe

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                                              Heading away on Saturday week and can't find my passport. I'll need it in a week in practice as I've to get a visa. What's the story here? Long story short - will I have have to while away hours in the passport office?
                                                                                              Go to their website, make an appointment. It can be done on the same day, but only if you are flying in the next 3 days. Speedy service for emergencies.

Comment

Who keeps registering their order?

Comment

being back at work today fucking sucks

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                                                                                    Who keeps registering their order?
                                                                                                    Hitch struggling with the French!

Comment

Hitch struggling with the French!
                                                                                                      is he buying or selling fake diplomas?

Comment

A book where its 2044 and life has been taken over by a multi-player virtual reality game? *slobbers* Oh yes. And a highly impressive 4.3 rating on goodreads from 200,000 ratings.

Ready Player One

Actually I found it as his new book is in the NY Times Bestseller list: Armada. Reviews don't look as good yet, but might be worth a glance.
                                                                                                        Read Armada whilst on holiday. Very disappointing. very childish and rehashing old material that has been around forever in a trying to be different sort of way. Some good moments but overall poor. Wouldn't recommend.

on a side note, Steven Spielberg is to adapt Ready player One for the big screen (and some studio has already bought the rights to Armada).

Comment

Is that Ready Player one really that good? All sounds a bit familiar, is there an epub?

Finished another Jim Crace last night, Arcadia one of his earliest books, such a great writer, probably not to the tastes of many around here but I loved all the ones I've read so far.
                                                                                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Is that Ready Player one really that good? All sounds a bit familiar, is there an epub?

Finished another Jim Crace last night, Arcadia one of his earliest books, such a great writer, probably not to the tastes of many around here but I loved all the ones I've read so far.
                                                                                                            personally loved it and as i used to play most of the games he talks about, it makes it that bit more special. Not sure what non gamers think of it but it's still a great adventure, and should make a very good movie if handled well.

I have the epub if you like. Can send it to you tonight when i get home if you want it.

Comment

I liked it, but not as much as some others. I have a mobi version I think. Send me your email and I'll forward it on.

Edit, no its the epub I have. I can send it whenever as I have it on my phone.
                                                                                                              Last edited by 6starpool; 17-08-15, 11:05.

Comment

Started Mr Robot last night and currently two episodes in liking the tone of the show so far, forgot Christian Slater was in it and he is known for having this knack of being in shows that end up getting cancelled but from people here & reviews online first season is going strong.
                                                                                                                "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                                                                  Started Mr Robot last night and currently two episodes in liking the tone of the show so far, forgot Christian Slater was in it and he is known for having this knack of being in shows that end up getting cancelled but from people here & reviews online first season is going strong.
                                                                                                                  not a snowballs chance this is getting cancelled.
                                                                                                                  Easily the best new show on tv at the moment.

It's interesting how much of the cultural zeitgeist is made up of media where loss of personal identity or the self is to the forefront.
                                                                                                                  It's like there is a great internal lament in the public's consciousness. We bare more of ourselves to the world than ever before and somehow feel lonelier than ever.
                                                                                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Looks great:

Subscribe to TRAILERS: http://bit.ly/sxaw6hSubscribe to COMING SOON: http://bit.ly/H2vZUnLike us on FACEBOOK: http://bit.ly/1QyRMsEFollow us on TWITTER: http...
                                                                                                                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Going away early Wednesday morning and back Sunday or Monday afternoon. Where's the cheapest place to park at the airport and do I need to book it in advance?

Comment

Originally posted by thechamp87 View Post
                                                                                                                        Going away early Wednesday morning and back Sunday or Monday afternoon. Where's the cheapest place to park at the airport and do I need to book it in advance?

DOGS is the last code that was given on Boards.ie

Comment

Where would one buy a disposable camera in Dublin
                                                                                                                          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X