X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
    It's a poxy bap!
    The flour is quite annoying, its all over my hands and face lol, yeah agree, tis really only a bap like.
    Her sky-ness
    © 5starpool

Comment

Alas poor White Knight, I knew him slightly.
      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
        The flour is quite annoying, its all over my hands and face lol, yeah agree, tis really only a bap like.
        Ah its just a bit of flour. I'm sure you've had worse messes.

Comment

Anyone have any recommendation for a hotel in Munich City Centre? Going the week before xmas. Leisure not business. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
            Moving onto something more serious. I've become convinced that I need to take some sort of medication for the winter months. Last year was just horrific and it seems to be getting worse each year. Used SSRIs around ten years ago and really didn't like them. Have they become better now? Is there any other medication for seasonal affective disorder? I'll obv ask the doctor all this, but would be good to get some personal stories if people didn't mind sharing.
            First, up your exercise level. Jogging/Running is good, key is getting out and doing it regardless of how you feel, how you think you feel or the weather. Something short like 5k 3 or 4 times a week is enough. (Jog/walk until you can do the lot).

That'll increase your endorphins on a regular basis, has similar effect to many 'upper' type medication.

Second, start mindfulness (not the cheap/free app bullshit). Book - 'Mindfulness' - A practical guide to finding peace in frantic world - Williams & Penman (with CD) is the nuts.

Williams is an Oxford Professor, studies consistently show that people using M.fulness have much less (50%) recurrences of depression, stress and/or anxiety.

Need to get into habit of doing it (8 min version or 20 min version) once or twice a day.

Williams book (and other similar ones) are now given free (through HSE) to people presenting with depression etc in Ireland and Uk (Nhs).

Third - If you can find any way of not starting medication (like if you can get the two things above to work for you), then do. Once you/your mind becomes used to using the drugs it is extremely difficult to revert.

A better way (imo) is to try the non-chemical methods first, if they dont work then look at the medication options.

Take the above as a non-professional opinion. (And with the same pinch of salt you would take any internet advice), but I can say the above advice definately works, at least for some people in some situations.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                Hi folks, anyone with a stars account able to give me cash/bank transfer for stars money? My 580 dollars for 500 Euro?

Will there be a limit on what I can transfer? Fairly new stars.eu account.
                Bump for the morning crew.

Comment

So looks like the Germans have got exactly what they wanted:

Greece have signed a bailout deal tougher than the one Tsiphillis initially rejected

AND so many of Syriza failed to support the deal that Tsiphillis has to call an election and will be gone before the Autumn is out.

Spectacular failure by Syriza on all counts although at least they'll soon be back where they're most comfortable.

Comment

Comment

That looks like brilliant advice. Thanks! Will do almost exactly that so, starting with the book. Although might swap running for swimming.
                      The book is probably the best actually - but I was writing in what was chronological order for me - i.e. I was using exercise (hot yoga is also excellent) long before I discovered mindfulness.

The other part that I'm slow to mention, as maybe it is just me, but I find going off sugars (i.e sweets, chocolates cakes, other products with added sugars), just at key times, also helps. Probably the least important factor, but for me at any rate, it has been a factor. So I combine upping my exercise level and improving my diet, even for limited periods, to help a lot.

Everyone is different, its worth trying things out, there is a huge 'mental' boost in realising that you've managed to help yourself, even a little, without resorting to medication.

Comment

dey duk r derbs

Happy Brthday SP

Comment

The only thing is SF have smarts that Syriza don't.t
                          Is there evidence for this?

Y iz dey smart

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                            Is there evidence for this?

Y iz dey smart
                            Yes. Just when you think they may come to power some day , they reveal another skeleton (literally) This is clever, they know if they ever come to power the games up. Clever bastards.

Comment

Alas poor White Knight, I knew him slightly.
                              Such a quiet unassuming chap. Then his house goes all armegeddon a couple of times a year.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                Yes. Just when you think they may come to power some day , they reveal another skeleton (literally) This is clever, they know if they ever come to power the games up. Clever bastards.
                                You might be on to something there. Maria Cahill, Liam Adams, even water charges...it all makes sense...

Comment

Comment

An, this Belgian beer pub in front of the apartment is killing me. Why does 8% beer taste so amazing?!

Moving onto something more serious. I've become convinced that I need to take some sort of medication for the winter months. Last year was just horrific and it seems to be getting worse each year. Used SSRIs around ten years ago and really didn't like them. Have they become better now? Is there any other medication for seasonal affective disorder? I'll obv ask the doctor all this, but would be good to get some personal stories if people didn't mind sharing.
                                    The exercise is great, mindfullness - everybody should do anyway.
                                    SAD lamps are also very good, and are a nicer way to wake up than an alarm

Comment

Comment

Comment

Out with the ginseng, in with the mindfulness.

Comment

Comment

CHD, what's the craic with this? Seems pretty atrocious.

Comment

Boom - Bet365's regular free money train is coming back to town. The 'Bet €50 pre-kickoff and get a risk-free €50 In Play bet' offer is back for the City-Chelsea match.

Though it's way more fun to gamble a bit for a big win rather than lock in a guaranteed tenner or whatever!

Comment

What is the White Knight / SatNav connection for those of us who don't have yer modern fancy bookface?
                                                  She is good friends with his missus, who also posts here.

Comment

Comment

Comment

The vag people have always been made welcome.

Comment

Wait we've got seven wimmins on IPB? Nice!

(MrsFD, One Ill Cat, Smurph, SatNav, RyanairDeadparrot, think there's someone who is either deaf or a chef)
                                                          Tara

Comment

Lloyd Grossman question - who lives in a house like this?

Very nice asking price change!

What is the problem with this?

Comment

(MrsFD, One Ill Cat, Smurph, SatNav, RyanairDeadparrot, think there's someone who is either deaf or a chef)
                                                              We have someone who is deaf (elektra blue) AND someone who is a chef (themadchef), although one doesn't post at all anymore after a burst at one point, and one who doesn't post much. There is also lauralashes as well, but her posts are mostly under a different account recently doing updates for some tournies. Also, Liz is a poster from bygone days when feuds were more commonplace.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                Black all the way. It's a Nexus 5 which is famed for its crap battery anyhow, but it's just ridiculous now.
                                                                I have had mine 18 months at this stage and the battery is still not too bad.

Themadchef, QueenJules and Susiewoosie, Ryanair parrot is Poble or something like that if I remember right,

Comment

We have someone who is deaf (elektra blue) AND someone who is a chef (themadchef), although one doesn't post at all anymore after a burst at one point, and one who doesn't post much. There is also lauralashes as well, but her posts are mostly under a different account recently doing updates for some tournies. Also, Liz is a poster from bygone days when feuds were more commonplace.
                                                                  ??? don't remember that?

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                    ??? don't remember that?
                                                                    Maybe you took me up wrong. What I meant was the Caitriona (themadchef) posted here for a while over a reasonably short burst of time but hasn't been back in ages.

Comment

http://www.theguardian.com/football/...nho-david-conn
                                                                      No idea tbh. I avoided it when I saw Liverpool fans talking about tribunals and unfair dismissal.

Comment

Am playing a rather ridic email game of chicken with HR of my previous Dub uni. We both know the other is absolutely full of shite, but technically there's some advantages on my side.

@zuut any experience with holiday pay?
                                                                        I say I took none, they believe me and pay the balance. Never any questions asked.

Comment

All those people in the clothes thread who buy handbags and 20 pairs of shoes.

Comment

Murphy on Newstalk (think this is the one that RD3 mentioned)

Coleman asks sticky enough questions here!

Might make a Paul Murphy drinking bingo card. Any suggestions?
                                                                            "Working Class" would obviously be #1.
                                                                            Last edited by Emmet; 14-08-15, 11:08. Reason: no idea why I'd quotation marks there.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                              No idea tbh. I avoided it when I saw Liverpool fans talking about tribunals and unfair dismissal.
                                                                              What? What odd corners of the internet were you reading to see this?

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                Might make a "Paul Murphy" drinking bingo card. Any suggestions?
                                                                                "Working Class" would obviously be #1.
                                                                                'Political policing'

'Right to protest'

Comment

...

Comment

What? What odd corners of the internet were you reading to see this?
                                                                                    Reddit and sometimes Boards.

Comment

Jaysus that's pornographic. The recession is long gone.

1. It's in Crumlin.
                                                                                      2. BER of G means both the windows and roof need replacing.

Probably still a bargain.
                                                                                      "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                        1. It's in Crumlin.
                                                                                        2. BER of G means both the windows and roof need replacing.

Probably still a bargain.
                                                                                        Windows appear to be PVC double glazed so unlikely to be in dire need of replacement. Imagine there is a lot of insulation needed!

But other silly things like having incandescent bulbs instead of CFLs or LEDs will have a negative effect on the BER rating.
                                                                                        May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Ignoring the Lolerpool fans (always best practice), it would appear that:

Chelsea player fell over
                                                                                          Ref called for medical attention
                                                                                          Chelsea medics ran on and did their job attending to player
                                                                                          Jose fucked the medics out of it (for doing their job) in abusive terms
                                                                                          Doc posted on FB thanking people for support
                                                                                          Jose hauled her in on Monday am and demoted her

lol football obv. but seems pretty clear that Jose made a bollocks of things and acted in a bullying way towards subordinates who were only trying to do their job?

Press conference today should be fun.

Comment

I know people that live in houses like this, they generally live in the countryside. Honestly I cba living somewhere where I have to exercise to get to another part of the house

Comment

Myself and the significantly better half in the process of looking to buy our first place. Fuck me it's a pain in the arse finding anything half decent and in a half decent location.

Furiously trying to convince her here that renting is long term the way to go...
                                                                                              You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                              World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Chelsea player fell over

lol football obv. but seems pretty clear that Jose made a bollocks of things and acted in a bullying way towards subordinates who were only trying to do their job?

He's a man, she's a woman
                                                                                                He's Jose Mourinho, she's only a qualified doctor
                                                                                                Jose = right

You're welcome.
                                                                                                Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post
                                                                                                  Jose = right.
                                                                                                  It would be awesome if he would say those things at a press conference. Might have to add him to my pantheon of heroes.

Comment

Chelsea player fell over

If the ref called them on he is wrong. I see now on SSN he was shouting which is understandable as we would have been down to 8 men to defend whilst under pressure. Things seemed to be kept internal until the glorious English media blew it up. Nothing wrong with thanking people for support imo. Demoting them for a week or two seems stupid imo, should have been sorted on Monday. Get rid or clear stuff up.

Meh tbh. Mourinho being angry is fine but its a lose/lose for him, he should know better. Dealt with it pretty badly on Monday. English media making mountains out of molehills. Jose is well known to be a top pro behind the scenes. Treats every head of department as an equal, this will be some sort of poxy punishment for the medical staff so they know to communicate with our legendary control freak Jose.

I bet most people are upset cause they won't see Eva's arse on the weekends. Football m8 wha.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                                                      Myself and the significantly better half in the process of looking to buy our first place.
                                                                                                      Babies within 30 months, you're done lad.

Comment

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post
                                                                                                        Jose = right

You're welcome.
                                                                                                        In fairness a hot physio is a bad idea. Player goes down (DIVEs) for a free kick. No free kick given. bah.. oooh Grass feels good on the ol sweaty groin, stay down , beckon on hot physio with powerful 'come ere' finger. Get a quick rubdown, apologise for the mess .

Jose is no fool. (he is a bully though)

Comment

http://www.theguardian.com/football/...nho-david-conn
                                                                                                          I've been working my way through Reeling in the Years the last few weeks, just caught up to the Charlton era; has there ever a physio as influential as Mick Byrne?

Comment

Would rather rent Eddie Irvine's old place at that price

Find Houses For Rent in Dalkey, Dublin. Search 6 Houses for rent in Dalkey, Dublin on Daft.ie now.

Comment

If the ref called them on he is wrong. I see now on SSN he was shouting which is understandable as we would have been down to 8 men to defend whilst under pressure. Things seemed to be kept internal until the glorious English media blew it up. Nothing wrong with thanking people for support imo. Demoting them for a week or two seems stupid imo, should have been sorted on Monday. Get rid or clear stuff up.

Meh tbh. Mourinho being angry is fine but its a lose/lose for him, he should know better. Dealt with it pretty badly on Monday. English media making mountains out of molehills. Jose is well known to be a top pro behind the scenes. Treats every head of department as an equal, this will be some sort of poxy punishment for the medical staff so they know to communicate with our legendary control freak Jose.

I bet most people are upset cause they won't see Eva's arse on the weekends. Football m8 wha.
                                                                                                              What is with this reasonable attitude m8? Are you on meds?

I miss the old CHD, defenestrate this imposter plz

Comment

Babies within 30 months, you're done lad.
                                                                                                                Believe me, we've had that chat too. I've accepted my fate now. This wanton life of debauchery is coming to an abrupt end.
                                                                                                                You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                                                World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Myself and the significantly better half in the process of looking to buy our first place. Fuck me it's a pain in the arse finding anything half decent and in a half decent location.

Furiously trying to convince her here that renting is long term the way to go...
                                                                                                                  Trying to find the same to rent is nigh on impossible atm. I had all but signed the lease on a place when they decided to give it to a couple instead (more secure ), next place I wanted was taken by the person that saw it just before me. Pretty much any where that's in any way decent gets fully booked up as soon as it's posted.

Comment

Believe me, we've had that chat too. I've accepted my fate now. This wanton life of debauchery is coming to an abrupt end.

You'll have to take up drinking now

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                                      I've been working my way through Reeling in the Years the last few weeks, just caught up to the Charlton era; has there ever a physio as influential as Mick Byrne?
                                                                                                                      This lad would be in with a shout

SPOILER

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post

Jose is no fool. (he is a bully though)
                                                                                                                        They win.

Fergie.
                                                                                                                        Jose.
                                                                                                                        Pep.
                                                                                                                        Trapattoni.
                                                                                                                        Clough.

Like the game played in different ways. They are no nonsense bullies. Probably plenty more examples. Bullies win.

Comment

What is the White Knight / SatNav connection for those of us who don't have yer modern fancy bookface?
                                                                                                                          Pokerpolly here, she's not right in the head either, way worse than me in real life
                                                                                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X