This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
    I don't think I did but that's the whole point. I did a well, posted on all sorts of real life events. Basically I'm very identifiable and if someone was looking to do me in over something in the future I've probably left some ammo out there for them to use.

I agree my filter is probably stronger than others but my career and its future direction might mean even small things could be harmful. Who knows?
    If you do need anything (name, photos at rugby matches, etc) removed just let us know. I'm not in favour of blindly deleting over 3k posts though.

If you need anything on this 'Stephen', let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
      Ohh. Toastmasters, generous paymasters in the finance industry, strong social policy thoughts. V4V is running for office...
      Only office I'm running for is a corner office.
      ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
          If you do need anything (name, photos at rugby matches, etc) removed just let us know. I'm not in favour of blindly deleting over 3k posts though.

Nah you're fine "Tom" but when you're checking out of this place let me know
          ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Comment

Can never keep up, is a corner still a good thing? Thought everything was circular these days
              You're right it's all about the c-suite now.

I dont give a fuck where I sit, what ratings I get in performance reviews etc. it's all about the Benjamin's. If I want to do charity I'll donate.

Comment

Comment

1. Boxes arrived first. Dude left three pallets with about 40 boxes on the street shrugged and speeded away. Cue 2 hours of the type of hefty lifting a man of my fragile disposition shouldn't have to engage in. I started drinking about half way through.

2. Electrical goods arrived on a deliver-and-ibstall offer. Dude muttered something about not having the right type of fastener to connect the dishwasher water. Shrugged and went off on his way.

3. Gas dude knocked on the door. But wait, it was sexy gas lady. Well that was nice. But she did turn on the gas then point out the hot water wasn't connecting, shrugged her pretty shoulders and shuffled out.

4. At this point I'm about five beers deep and nervously anticipating how IKEA will fck up. The van roars into the street where previously I'd spent two hours carrying boxes from. Turns out it was the same delivery company as first thing in the day. Anywho they're taking up the whole street with the truck and its too big to go to the parking, so they just stop right there and block all the cars for 30 minutes. I gave a few shruggs to the drivers stuck because that's just how we roll
                  French people are cunce, you will have to beat them. I expect examples and updates on how you are out cunceing their awful cunceing behaviors.

And now for a night of drunken furniture making. Fck me there's a lot of boxes.
                  Get some neville to put it all together for you.

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                  He has two of them, gonna take a few pics of mine and try sell the other one on adverts. Should easily get €1250.

Second one will cost me €1k though, had to really hammer him down to €800 for mine.

Buy low, sell high m8
                  X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                  Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

You're right it's all about the c-suite now.

I dont give a fuck where I sit, what ratings I get in performance reviews etc. it's all about the Benjamin's. If I want to do charity I'll donate.
                    I was like that 5+ years ago. Now I'm more about making the job fit my lifestyle. The taxman gets 50% anyway so breaking my balls for incremental gains is -EV at this stage.
                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                      He has two of them, gonna take a few pics of mine and try sell the other one on adverts. Should easily get €1250.

Second one will cost me €1k though, had to really hammer him down to €800 for mine.
                      I might be interested. Would it suit a single story or would you really need about 12feet of clearance ?
                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                        I was like that 5+ years ago. Now I'm more about making the job fit my lifestyle. The taxman gets 50% anyway so breaking my balls for incremental gains is -EV at this stage.
                        I see guys at every pay grade. I see guys busting their ass at every point on the scale and guys with a decent lifestyle balance. I see very little to suggest that lifestyle and money are anything more than slightly negatively correlated.

Anyway the question you have to ask yourself is do you feel lucky? 😀

Comment

I frequently oscillate between:

This is poker all over again and I'm operating at a fraction of what I should be while everything is good

vs

After everyone else gets paid I'm only getting a tiny % any way so fuck that
                          Last edited by Denny Crane; 12-08-15, 19:35.

Comment

I see guys at every pay grade. I see guys busting their ass at every point on the scale and guys with a decent lifestyle balance. I see very little to suggest that lifestyle and money are anything more than slightly negatively correlated.

Anyway the question you have to ask yourself is do you feel lucky? 😀
                            I read that twice and the first sentence still came out as 'I see guys at every gay parade'. Dyslexia ftw.

Comment

Lifestyle is more important imo - by which I mean shortest hours possible and a job you really like. Although I want money to give to causes too so it's kinda hard to ignore it. This is odd because then I could move to the US and earn 100k more and pay way less tax as well. Wage disparity is nuts. I wonder is it the same in many other industries. Wage increases here mean less and less realistically after a point.
                              Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 12-08-15, 19:47.

Comment

I read that twice and the first sentence still came out as 'I see guys at every gay parade'. Dyslexia ftw.

Comment

The book you read that changed your life V4V. It was like a drug to you and now you are experiencing the paranoia that goes with it. I'm saving all your posts to a file and will be releasing them to the higgest bidder when the man comes knocking. I'll give you 1st refusal though.

PGA tomorrow, I iz excite, Bubba, Fowler, Spieth, all flying. Jason Day looking good in the majors and Rory is back. I'm going to back Bubba as I'm becoing a huge fan of his redic approach to the game. Shane Lowry e-way ?

btw Zoo haters. Twas mad today. Fair weather.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                    I might be interested. Would it suit a single story or would you really need about 12feet of clearance ?
                                    It's 4.3m (13') wide x 2.5m (10') projection. Ideally you'd want a clear wall with no obstructions like pipes etc, but there are ways around it if need be.
                                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Anyone got any cousins links for Hard Knocks last night?

Comment

you are good at darts chad, everyone has a talent m8, chin up

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                          you are good at darts chad, everyone has a talent m8, chin up
                                          You're jealous m8. Living your dreams through a talented young lad. Bitter when he outshines. It's ok, I still loves ya.

Comment

that said, I've never seen you play darts, so we have to take your word on it, and your chatter hasn't proved overly accurate in other spheres.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                              Anyone got any cousins links for Hard Knocks last night?
                                              Yes it's back! Katproxy.com will have it
                                              airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                                that said, I've never seen you play darts, so we have to take your word on it, and your chatter hasn't proved overly accurate in other spheres.

That is the stupidest thing I have seen this year.

Comment

CLEAR skies tonight, enjoy natures skyfest

Comment

Nobody will ever give a shit or bother their arses going back over old posts and making associations between people, not even those fucking imbeciles from 2p2.
                                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                      Nobody will ever give a shit or bother their arses going back over old posts and making associations between people, not even those fucking imbeciles from 2p2.
                                                      Yes they will if your real name pops up and who you are is obvious.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                        That is the stupidest thing I have seen this year.
                                                        Think this was in the same ballpark

A short video of me not dying, despite my best efforts.
                                                        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                          CLEAR skies tonight, enjoy natures skyfest
                                                          Went onto astronomy.ie to see what you were talking about.

Holy shit that's one crappy looking website given the shit they're into.
                                                          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Comment

Evens that Paul Murphy is charged?

40 arrests, 20 charges...

hoho!

Comment

This IKEA STUFF IS VERY DIFFICULT. Having a beer break in a hot girl bar, but its still VERY DIFFICULT. How do kids like Lego? It's like an IKEA apprenticeship. Was trying to balance two side parts of the kids bed in midair while shoving in the end parts of the bed . Almost impossible, and yet that's exactly what the instructions asked. Sort yourselves out Swedish peoples.
                                                                I'd wager the instructions also indicated it was a 2 person job
                                                                Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post

Can you change my sn to 'Stephen'?

Comment

Comment

Comment

They did, but screw em
                                                                        I think you mean dowel them

Comment

Comment

Comment

China blew up

Video of a massive explosion that just took place in Tianjin, China.Cause of the explosion is unknown.Appears to show a massive explosion in China's northern...

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                I'd wager the instructions also indicated it was a 2 person job
                                                                                They all say that.

The problem with ikea instructions is that they are the least imaginative way to assemble the supplied pieces

But for the love of all that is good and unholy... dont try to modify cheap ikea stuff... they are cost engineered to the absolute minimum in some cases.
                                                                                May you live in interesting times!

Comment

I think you mean dowel them
                                                                                  damn you was waiting for him to give up and throw in the dowel. now i can't use it...or can I

Comment

Don't see a good night wasted Collection of current presses in circulation.

Opr

Comment

Perseids lighting up nicely now

Comment

This place ever comes under scrutiny in the media for whatever reason Hitch will be a shield for all of us.
                                                                                        it's crazy what some people put up on boards.ie especially personal issues and the work issues forum,would you trust the cunts
                                                                                        Remember when devore used to post in the BBV on boards,I remember he made a post about being at a party in the American embassy and being pulled aside by some shadowy figure who said "we know who you are". I put it down to his usual self aggrandising but thinking back you never now.
                                                                                        I think everyone here self censors way more than they used to,there was way more of a loose locker room feel back in the day,way less PC.( loads of NSFW pics racist banter Etc)
                                                                                        Last edited by Guest; 12-08-15, 22:31.

Comment

Perseids lighting up nicely now
                                                                                          Are you on a plane?

Comment

Get your Last Man Standing picks in

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Not sure if typo or I haven't learned enough SwedishEnglish
                                                                                                    FYP

Comment

@psv don't buy the shield thing. Think we're all going down MrMan in a Rural Town - ha, got ya
                                                                                                      All my man in a rural town,anti technology posts are just to throw people off the scent. I actually live in Dublin,una mullalley is my favorite Irish Times writer,I queue up st the apple store for each new release and I curate an uplifting instagram account for a living
                                                                                                      Last edited by Guest; 13-08-15, 07:36.

Comment

The mcann saga should add some nice spice to the kerry match. Hopefully Mickey Joe will keep up his self imposed media exile,can't be listening to his victim complex. Tyrone really are scum.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                          Evens that Paul Murphy is charged?

40 arrests, 20 charges...

hoho!
                                                                                                          Was talking utter bollocks on the radio this morning. The protestors are the victims.

Comment

Prob won't be of interest to ye freeloaders but sky sports have a 20e a month for a year deal on the go right now. Tempted

Comment

Was talking utter bollocks on the radio this morning. The protestors are the victims.

The Irish Times understands charges against Mr Murphy and two other elected representatives have been approved by the DPP
                                                                                                              Poor Paul

Mr Murphy said he thought it was likely that he would be one of the people charged. “We know from the line of questioning of others that I was being fingered as a ring leader.”
                                                                                                              Last edited by Emmet; 13-08-15, 07:50.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                                                Are you on a plane?
                                                                                                                Out in the bog, could only see about a third of the sky it got close to one a minute before I went to bed with a spectacular one about every three or four minutes.
                                                                                                                A couple of years ago we saw a greater frequency of them from up up near Coleraine but last night had far more very bright ones with long tails.

Comment

It was a desperate effort to make sure he is convicted in time for the elections

His defence amounts to no more than 'No one was charged with false imprisonment when the farmers blocked the meat factories' and 'blockading someone in their car for two and a half hours isn't realllllly false imprisonment'

Comment

Comment

It was a desperate effort to make sure he is convicted in time for the elections

His defence amounts to no more than 'No one was charged with false imprisonment when the farmers blocked the meat factories' and 'blockading someone in their car for two and a half hours isn't realllllly false imprisonment'
                                                                                                                      I doubt he will get false imprisonment tbh it is a bit of a stretch. Not exactly sure what I think it will come under. The whole thing while it was nasty the big call is did it stop short of a full blown riot. Inciting a violent riot if you can show proof that it was just that I presume is a crime on our books which is the closest thing we have to this.

I dont think there is anything concrete enough to send him down on and slapping him on the wrist with some wishy washy disturbing the peace fine or what ever will be a big victory for him in the pr stakes.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                                                        The mcann saga should add some nice spice to the kerry match. Hopefully Mickey Joe will keep up his self imposed media exile,can't be listening to his victim complex. Tyrone really are scum.
                                                                                                                        Thank god something happened to spice it up

Comment

He was trying very hard to imply that the DPP was politically motivated in taking these cases and then backed down rather sheepishly conceding her independence. Twattery.

Not a peep outta him in relation to Tsiphilis and his other good buddies in Greece (who have now performed the U-turn to end all U-turns).

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X