Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I edit tags of music already uploaded to google?
    airport, lol

Comment

That Humans Need Not Apply video is scary.
      "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
        Following on from my mammoth 14 week contract in DCU, Maynooth have offered a staggering 20 weeks after Christmas. They've also slid a 40% pay cut into their offer, which comes in at a lower rate than a first year postdoc. Flying high yo.
        Do you absolutely *have* to work in academia? Sounds like the ROI on your investment in your education is dipping into negative territory. Is there nothing commercial you could do at all? Abroad if not here.
        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

The wimminz always let ya down in the end

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
            anybody been to tomorrowland, any good? Think I'd love to go next year

Relive the madness and be indulged into the Tomorrowland magic once again...During the magical weekend of 27, 28 and 29 July 2012 more than 180,000 visitors ...

I think it's cool that they have planes flying from ~70 cities around the world to the festival, full of attendees etc
            What about the carbon footprint brah.

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
            AH heres the problem with google music, I have a lot of single tracks grouped together ith album names like "Various House" Various Drum N Bass" etc. But when I upload them it puts each track in different album due to artist name. Which is shit
            Release your own mix albums

Now Eamon's The very Best of Drum N Bass!
            X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
            Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

I am useless at area, trying to imagine 30 metres squared bedroom in my head

Comment

Pubs Adopt “Fuck It” Approach To ID Checking During Leaving Cert Celebrations

“We’re in the business of selling alcohol, and we can’t afford to turn away business” said Phil Morgan, head of the Irish Publican Army.
                “And in terms of alcohol sales, Leaving Cert results night is like Christmas for us. The only other nights that are like Christmas for us are Christmas itself, Stephens Day and New Years… and Paddy’s day and most bank holiday weekends and the night before Good Friday. And during all major sporting events. And most minor sporting events. The fact stands that we need to sell as much drink as possible, and if that means a lax approach to ID checking, then so be it”.
                Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by The-Rigger View Post
                  What about the carbon footprint brah.
                  It's ok I am carbon negative broseph!

Comment

It's ok I am carbon negative broseph!
                    Seriously though there's a shitload of great festivals across Europe all summer don't waste your time at a cheesefest like that
                    airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                      Just been reading this story as he has been linked to Liverpool in the last couple of days.

Mauro Icardi,
                      The most shocking thing about that story is that Maxi fucking Lopez was one of his heros.

Comment

Nine hundred square metres. That's an impressive size for a bedroom.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                          Noone can listen to an different album everyday for 4 years and appreciate it.
                          I read a lot about the exploits of this Noone fella. Seems very capable.

Comment

Originally posted by Morihei View Post
                            The 18-yard line on a football pitch is usually the easiest point of reference I use in these things. 30m x 30m for a bedroom is massive isn't it!?! Just in my room atm and looking around me and I realise it's fucking tiny. 7m x 7m max I'd say.

BBV, post the dimensions of your bedroom.
                            Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post
                              The 18-yard line on a football pitch is usually the easiest point of reference I use in these things. 30m x 30m for a bedroom is massive isn't it!?! Just in my room atm and looking around me and I realise it's fucking tiny. 7m x 7m max I'd say.

Tar is vegan.

I deduce he does not "football".
                              ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Pace out six 1m strides, turn 90 degrees and pace out five more. That's 30m2.

Pretty fine bedroom.
                                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

7x7 would still be fairly palacial.

Comment

7m x 7m is a pretty big bedroom. Where do you live? Downton Abbey?

Comment

just reread and realised obv 30m^2 meant to be 5m x 6m.

A 900 square metre bedroom though, that's the dream. About the size of a full floor of a house I'd say?
                                      Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Get the feeling some people in here would have been suited to an Estate Agent job c2005.

Lazare saves the day.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                          7m x 7m is a pretty big bedroom. Where do you live? Downton Abbey?
                                          I'm probably overestimating tbh. Probably closer to 6m x 6m if not 5m x 5m. Will get the measuring tape out later and get back to you.
                                          Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

A 900 square metre bedroom though, that's the dream. About the size of a full floor of a house I'd say?
                                            An average floor of a house is about 55m2.

Comment

Originally posted by Morihei View Post
                                              ha, I had this argument already when looking up self storage the other day. Even they can't get it right, and dont get me started on their "cubic" attempts.

That's 49 square metres, that would be a gigantic bedroom.
                                              Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                                              Tar is vegan.

I deduce he does not "football".
                                              Haha, certainly not any more. It was boring enough to watch when I actually played. Did football, gaelic, hurling, basketball, rugby, tennis, karate...and as I became more vegan, golf. Dunno how my parents put up with all the training tbh.
                                              Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 13-08-14, 18:28.

Comment

Really? So like 7m x 8m kinda size? I didn't think I was this brutal at estimating areas. I suppose 7m is quite a lot when you think about.
                                                Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Really? So like 7m x 8m kinda size? I didn't think I was this brutal at estimating areas. I suppose 7m is quite a lot when you think about.
                                                  I was trying to think of something that's 900m2 to give you an idea.

The Olympic 100m full track, all eight lanes is 976m2.

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                    Football comp being run by a mate (runs all the golf comps, gets quite big prizepools). Pick one from each section get points based on each selection, pretty self explanatory really, €10 entry and 2 entries p/p allowed.

edit, pots 1-4 league points. pots 5-7 goalscorers, pot 9 clean sheets, pot 10 first manager to be sacked, pot 11 penalty saves
                                                    Any more interest in this people?

Comment

I was trying to think of something that's 900m2 to give you an idea.

The Olympic 100m full track, all eight lanes is 976m2.
                                                      I still stand by owning a 900m^2 bedroom is the dream
                                                      Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

lol, true.

Comment

yes please

Comment

Yea, go on then.

Comment

Name request on behalf of Jam-Fly to Your-Highness.

Comment

I asked last night but you probably missed it. Could you send me on details please.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                  Do you absolutely *have* to work in academia? Sounds like the ROI on your investment in your education is dipping into negative territory. Is there nothing commercial you could do at all? Abroad if not here.
                                                                  Well I love it, and I hate the thought of working in industry so yeah, kinda! Have income from elsewhere that keeps the wolf from the door so I can afford to bide me time (ie wait for a retirement!)

Comment

Originally posted by NuckChorris View Post
                                                                    yes please
                                                                    Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                                                    Yea, go on then.
                                                                    Originally posted by darwinatemyhamster View Post
                                                                    I asked last night but you probably missed it. Could you send me on details please.
                                                                    Can you send me on your email addresses please and I'll forward the original mail. I'll send my bank deets by PM and you can transfer funds and send me your selections. You can enter more than one set of selections if required.

Comment

Can you send me on your email addresses please and I'll forward the original mail. I'll send my bank deets by PM and you can transfer funds and send me your selections. You can enter more than one set of selections if required.
                                                                      I'll take one too Kev, I'll send you my email on FB

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                        That Humans Need Not Apply video is scary.
                                                                        It's good but it deliberately glooses over the limitations of the technologies it discusses and enters into deliberate fearmongering territory.
                                                                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Well I love it, and I hate the thought of working in industry so yeah, kinda! Have income from elsewhere that keeps the wolf from the door so I can afford to bide me time (ie wait for a retirement!)
                                                                          Fair enough. No more complaining allowed though.

Bed made. Lie down in it.

Comment

I'm just highlighting the mess of a 3rd level system your tax dollars are funding!

Comment

Average Irish 3-bed semi is 85 to 95 sq/m.

Comment

I'm just highlighting the mess of a 3rd level system your tax dollars are funding!
                                                                                Imagining yourself and HH eating gold-plated jaffa cakes in the DCU staff room now. Bastards.

Comment

That's 810,000 square metres which is about 25 times the size of IKEA in Dublin. That's pretty impractical I would contest.

People need to sort out the difference between metres squared and square metres.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                    It's good but it deliberately glooses over the limitations of the technologies it discusses and enters into deliberate fear mongering territory.
                                                                                    "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

congrats

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                        Average Irish 3-bed semi is 85 to 95 sq/m.
                                                                                        I meant one floor, but yeah, I'm still out a little.

Comment

I think Tar helped me out on the SD card query last night. And a few others gave some alternative, helpful suggestions but I ended up going with the SD card cos it seemed like the easier option for me. A tenner in VF for 8gigs which seems reasonable to me. Now I have all my music and a lot of phone memory so I'm happy. IPB delivers again, thanks guys.

Comment

Utd away to MK Dons in round 2 of the League Cup. Oh the shame of being in that competition so early on

Comment

Utd away to MK Dons in round 2 of the League Cup. Oh the shame of being in that competition so early on
                                                                                              No shame, treat it like a friendly and give players game time. If the 2nd team can't take MK Dons then they should reconsider their career path. We need all the warm up games we can get in the run up to league games.

Comment

Kids get game time earlier. Its a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post

Kids get game time earlier. Its a good thing.
                                                                                                  A good thing reserved for those who havent qualified for Europel

Have signed up to an evening college course this year just to give myself something to do on Tuesday and Wednesday nights

Comment

A good thing reserved for those who havent qualified for Europel

Have signed up to an evening college course this year just to give myself something to do on Tuesday and Wednesday nights
                                                                                                    You can follow Manchester City and Lampard.

Comment

You can follow Manchester City and Lampard.
                                                                                                      The fatman is a lot cheaper in FF now than he ever has been

Comment

The fatman is a lot cheaper in FF now than he ever has been
                                                                                                        Rooney?

Comment

Rooney?
                                                                                                          The original, Fat Frank

Comment

The original, Fat Frank
                                                                                                            Sorry, you have lost me.

Comment

So went to the theatre tonight for the 1st time in 20 years to see The Price in the Gate. Was there on a date, and got absolutely hooked... How the fuck have I not been the theatre in so long... What a brilliant play. Already want to see another play... Have to say it was a magical evening, one to savour for a long time

SPOILER
                                                                                                              It was emotional
                                                                                                              No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                                Keane was asking about playlister

The best of the BBC, with the latest news and sport headlines, weather, TV & radio highlights and much more from across the whole of BBC Online

you just pick any programme on BBC radio and you can select the tracks you like and import them into spotify (and some other sites)

Makes a great jumping off point for spotify radio
                                                                                                                I was asking about it too, its not available in the android app store?? but this is the job, can just move them directly into spotify, I listen to music everyday when playing poker and tbh I am pretty sick of my own stuff
                                                                                                                Last edited by TheImprover; 13-08-14, 22:14.

Comment

10 men 10 men 10 men couldn't carry lampard, 10 men and a forklift truck couldn't carry lampard
                                                                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                                                    Fffs Pmsl

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                                                                                      So went to the theatre tonight for the 1st time in 20 years to see The Price in the Gate. Was there on a date, and got absolutely hooked... How the fuck have I not been the theatre in so long... What a brilliant play. Already want to see another play... Have to say it was a magical evening, one to savour for a long time

SPOILER
                                                                                                                      It was emotional
                                                                                                                      Didnt get the ride then?

Do you have any problems hearing lines if actors are facing away from you etc?

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                                        10 men 10 men 10 men couldn't carry lampard, 10 men and a forklift truck couldn't carry lampard
                                                                                                                        ''It’s always horrible losing to Tottenham because they make DVDs for the next 10 years of that one victory they had over you'' - Frank Lampard

He's funnier than you

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                                          I'll probably go down that route some day but would find it hard to give up my own collection and organisation (don't tell oleras but I've 100k+ songs). I have my own server at home so plex is useful enough. If I had a commute I'd get something like spotify.

While on the subject of music the people here with squeezeboxes might find this useful

SPOILER

I started off with just a duet and waited until the product line was defunct before adding more. I picked up a SB Classic second hand and added one of the UE Radios that could be downgraded back to a SB Radio; what I really wanted though was a touch to make the system more user friendly. I'm happy enough with the app but I wanted something that other people could use easily.

Touches are going for crazy prices now that they're out of production. Fortunately I came across these online:

They're O2 Jogglers, a tablet that was built for calendars and text messaging that never took off but which can be flashed with the SB software. So for 20-30quid on ebay you can pick up what's basically a better product than the touch. Bigger screen and has added functions like a (poor) web browser/google maps/games/bbc food app.

If I owned my place I might stick one in the wall like this:

For the moment I've one in my kitchen and one in my sitting room and it all works very nicely. I just use them as controllers but it's possible to modify and use them as players. At the very least it's reassuring to know that they'll always be some sort of support for the ecosystem.

Multi-room synced audio is amazing.
                                                                                                                          Can you give me a quick run down on how squeeze box works, never heard of it tbh, i love my tech and would love a set up like this if it didnt cost too much.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X