• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Iago View Post
    What's he selling?

In general terms, I'd look at

- Sorry to disturb you

- In the area with a great offer that some of your neighbours have taken advantage of

- Get product into the customers hand to develop affinity (if applicable)

- Highlight that they are seling like hotcakes because they're
    - better value
    - once off offer
    - exactly what people need
    - cheaper than chips

- Indicate that you have the same product and you find it useful because....

- Ask how many of them they would like

roll in the money

It's all about being open, confident, quick on your feet and making them feel like they will be missing out if they don't take advantage like their neighbours have
    You are like a money guru, is there anything you don't know about

Thanks btw. Kid is mildy retarded imo, I have to get on to him daily about simple jobs like brushing snooker tables that he manages to do backwards at least once a week so I'm not holding out much hope for him, but he's a sound kid so like to help

Comment

Where/what is P Macs?

Comment

Yeah had to look that one up myself! http://www.yelp.ie/biz/p-macs-dublin

Comment

@Iago he tells me he can sell any product he wants for the interview so what would you reccomend taking into account the kid in question being not so sharp

Comment

Originally posted by Walter Mitty View Post
            You are like a money guru, is there anything you don't know about

Thanks btw. Kid is mildy retarded imo, I have to get on to him daily about simple jobs like brushing snooker tables that he manages to do backwards at least once a week so I'm not holding out much hope for him, but he's a sound kid so like to help
            I know just about enough about enough things to get myself into trouble

I did door-to-door sales for a while when I was younger, enjoyable if not very secure. Except for the time I was trying to sell dry cleaning coupons in Darndale

The only thing I'd caution him to check out is whether or not it's purely commission based.
            A lot of these types of roles will only pay commission, and if you've spent 10 hours a day trudging around somewhere without any joy it can be a long and costly week.

I also believe that you're either cut out for this kind of job or you're not. Satnav (as evidenced by her success) is clearly one of those people that is cut out for it, if the kid that works for you isn't then he won't learn how to be.
            Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                Reckon CHD is asleep?
                Nope.

Comment

Last edited by Denny Crane; 13-08-14, 10:01.
                  "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Waiting for CHD to wake up to find out if you managed to munch the Seer in Costa-Del-IPB?

Why not pass the time by signing up for the Premier League Predictions Competition. Its the clever competition for the fan who loves his football.

Edit : He's awake, but why not sign up anyway.

Comment

CHD doesn't sleep.

Rules say 11am opening.

Play Premier League Predictions.

Comment

@Iago he tells me he can sell any product he wants for the interview so what would you reccomend taking into account the kid in question being not so sharp
                        You need something that would appeal to all people (otherwise it's too easy for them to shut him down with a negative that leaves him nowhere to go)

How about a restaurant voucher or similar? Get him to print out a menu from a local restaurant and either laminate it or put it in a plastic cover.

So he introduces himself, apologies for the disturbance, explains that he's here on behalf of the local restaurant with a great offer for the local clientèle.

Then he hands over the menu in the cover, putting it into the customers hands.

The spiel goes something like;

The deal is €30 for 10 sittings of a main course, the "catch" is that you only get one main free when you buy a second one. So somebody has to join you for dinner, but then who eats on their own anyway right? So there is no catch really is there?

The added bonus is that on your first sitting you get a free bottle of house wine as well (value €15) so with that and your first main you've covered the cost of this voucher in just one visit.

The voucher is valid for 12 months and is transferable, you'd like to eat out once a month or so wouldn't you? wouldn't we all really! but if you can't go in any given month I'm sure you have family/friends that might use it as well, meaning you get the full value of it.

Besides which, you've already covered the cost with your first meal and the free bottle of wine.

Actually, it's gone much better than I expected to be honest and I only have a couple left.

Some of your neighbours actually bought 2 vouchers as gifts for their family and one of them at the very start of the day bought 3. They go to the restaurant all of the time, as do their closest friends so they'e going to use them between them. I probably shouldn't have sold them 3 though, it's not really what the restaurant had in mind.

So I could probably let you have 2, but I really couldn't let you have any more right now unless the restaurant decides to extend it because otherwise they'll get complaints from other locals who didn't get an opportunity to take advantage of it.

So would you like 1 or 2 for now?
                        Last edited by Iago; 13-08-14, 09:48.
                        Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Some advice anyone, prob Sat Nav probably the best one to ask, kid who works for me is going for an interview where he has to role play as a direct sales person thing, door to door thing I think

He hasn't a notion so what should he be saying or doing at this.

I've no idea so I can't help lol
                          If he is any good or confident, the role play should just flow from the start. Tell him be extremely friendly and built a good rapport from the start. Obv the objections are going to be the toughest part and he will have to overcome them the best he can. What's the product btw?
                          Her sky-ness
                          © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                            Could someone do me a favour and ring +can't find my phone anywhere
                            That's just incredibly stupid
                            Last edited by Denny Crane; 13-08-14, 10:01.
                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Thats me done with leaving certs!

Youngest daughter had herself and us convinced she'd done terribly especially in her science subjects she got two Higher A1 s and an B1 in them. Outperformed her CAO list with c 50 points to spare.

Now for the really expensive part
                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Could someone do me a favour and ring. can't find my phone anywhere
                                Did you catch the train or are you in an infinite loop of miss train, rebook in hotel, go out on the beer, miss train.

Comment

Straight to voicemail, seems like it's off.

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
                                    I know just about enough about enough things to get myself into trouble

I did door-to-door sales for a while when I was younger, enjoyable if not very secure. Except for the time I was trying to sell dry cleaning coupons in Darndale

The only thing I'd caution him to check out is whether or not it's purely commission based.
                                    A lot of these types of roles will only pay commission, and if you've spent 10 hours a day trudging around somewhere without any joy it can be a long and costly week.

I also believe that you're either cut out for this kind of job or you're not. Satnav (as evidenced by her success) is clearly one of those people that is cut out for it, if the kid that works for you isn't then he won't learn how to be.
                                    I did door-to-door sales for a few months in Australia before the company went busto (not our fault lol). Totally agreed on the commission. You need a basic hourly wage to make it worthwhile. Sometimes they will send you into the wrong estate for the product and you'll sell nothing, and desperation is definitely not a good motivator, unless you want to be known as the shifty guys who lie through their teeth for a signature.

I always found the poorer estates were the best places to sell, assuming you were selling something they would percieve as a bargain. Obviously you have to keep your wits about you, but there were loads of bored single mums who were just happy to have an adult to talk to. One apartment block I made a killing in was full of drug dealers lol. The place was in a state but but they all had BMWs, gold chains and fancy watches. Once they realised I wasn't a cop they would buy anything. Loads of spare cash obv.

Not entirely agreed that you have to be an outgoing people person to do it. Mostly it's about delivering a pitch, which just takes experimentation and practice. For most shy people it's the initial fear and embaressment of ringing a stranger's doorbell that puts them off. They get over it after the first few sales. It definitely comes more naturally to people like Satnav who have an easy charm, though. Biggest asset I'd say would be quick thinking. People will throw you curveballs and you've got to be able to handle them without batting an eyelid.

If anything it was good preparation for my short lived poker career. I had prior experience working a job where the good days were the best days and the bad days were the absolute pits.
                                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                      CHD doesn't sleep.

Rules say 11am opening.

Play Premier League Predictions.
                                      It's 11.06 now my friend

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle SatNav View Post
                                        If he is any good or confident, the role play should just flow from the start. Tell him be extremely friendly and built a good rapport from the start. Obv the objections are going to be the toughest part and he will have to overcome them the best he can. What's the product btw?
                                        That's all the details I have I'm afraid, although he did leave the club computer open and it had eircom and Vodafone field sales jobs open so I assume one of those

Comment

Good to see 10 viewing in the community folder, wonder what the excitement is?

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                            It's 11.06 now my friend
                                            Took me 11 minutes to find a good sunrise pic.

Comment

Some transvestite answered and said you left it in his/her place.

Comment

I want to buy whatever Iago is selling.

Comment

That's all the details I have I'm afraid, although he did leave the club computer open and it had eircom and Vodafone field sales jobs open so I assume one of those
                                                  Ugh tough sale. Eircom are cunts. Target is fucking huge. Good luck to him anyway. When I did eircom my role play could be anything at all. Tell him sell a tin of beans heinz obv. Keep it simple. So much to do with beans, tell him get excited about said beans. Plenty of benefits with beans too lol
                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Ugh tough sale. Eircom are cunts. Target is fucking huge. Good luck to him anyway. When I did eircom my role play could be anything at all. Tell him sell a tin of beans heinz obv. Keep it simple. So much to do with beans, tell him get excited about said beans. Plenty of benefits with beans too lol
                                                    He's actually here now and it is eircom, when you say target do you mean he gets let go if he misses it or something

Comment

He's actually here now and it is eircom, when you say target do you mean he gets let go if he misses it or something
                                                      He will more than likely get a Base wage and then commission on top but they make it impossible to earn that commission as he will have to get anywhere from 12 to 15 per week which believe me is fucking hard! The training is good crack. Tell him don't take a company van if he gets offered one. There is a tracker on them!
                                                      Her sky-ness
                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

He will more than likely get a Base wage and then commission on top but they make it impossible to earn that commission as he will have to get anywhere from 12 to 15 per week which believe me is fucking hard! The training is good crack. Tell him don't take a company van if he gets offered one. There is a tracker on them!
                                                        Ya this kid hasn't got the get up and go needed I would think but he's excited about it anyway. What's you mean about a tracker? Oh if he was using the for his own use is it.

Comment

Actually last question, will he still get paid if not hitting the target. I'm going to show him Iagos role play, if he gets the job and I don't have to pay him for doing nothing (I'm not the sack him kind, too soft) then free snooker for life in the 147 Wexford

Comment

Actually last question, will he still get paid if not hitting the target. I'm going to show him Iagos role play, if he gets the job and I don't have to pay him for doing nothing (I'm not the sack him kind, too soft) then free snooker for life in the 147 Wexford
                                                            Yeah they will still pay him, they are very easy going for the first few weeks, he will have someone looking after him for the first few days out and about. He would want to be hitting at least 4 sales come his second week. If he uses his own transport he'll be fine can't track him. Tell him pick a product he knows everything about for the role play. Like membership to a snooker Hall maybe? If he doesn't know his product for role play he is fucked. So keep it simple. And tell him do not open with "sorry to bother you" type thing. It's awful and it's negative...
                                                            Her sky-ness
                                                            © 5starpool

Comment

Yeah they will still pay him, they are very easy going for the first few weeks, he will have someone looking after him for the first few days out and about. He would want to be hitting at least 4 sales come his second week. If he uses his own transport he'll be fine can't track him. Tell him pick a product he knows everything about for the role play. Like membership to a snooker Hall maybe? If he doesn't know his product for role play he is fucked. So keep it simple. And tell him do not open with "sorry to bother you" type thing. It's awful and it's negative...
                                                              Many thanks. Any other quick tips, he's heading off now the interview in Dublin this afternoon

Comment

Many thanks. Any other quick tips, he's heading off now the interview in Dublin this afternoon
                                                                The very best tip I can give is to enter the room with a huge smile and be extremely happy and as confident as can be.
                                                                Her sky-ness
                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

Good luck with the interview Finkel, are you sure you will be able to cope with being in the big shmoke for a few hours on your own

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                    Good luck with the interview Finkel, are you sure you will be able to cope with being in the big shmoke for a few hours on your own
                                                                    Next time I'll be in Dublin will be getting on a plane, I detest the place. Also I've probably enough on with a snooker hall and poker room to sell someone a phone line

Comment

Whoa you know what I just realised this kid is covered in tattoos, you can't see them when he is dressed up but only last week he got one on this throat almost and it's visible. Deal breaker?

Comment

light bulbs
                                                                        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Car Goes through the Ice On Live TV"I wonder if the owner of the carbehind me next time considers..."https://www.instagram.com/PUBLICATTACK#fridayeveryday #n...
                                                                          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Nidge and John Boy. PJ Mara and Haughey

Comment

Just been reading this story as he has been linked to Liverpool in the last couple of days.

Mauro Icardi, an Argentine born striker moved to the Barcelona academy when he was around 15. At the time another Argentine player was after joinng Barcelona, Maxi Lopez who was one of Icardi's heros. Pictures of him signing autograph for Icardi when he moved to Barcelona.

Icardi was at Barcelona academy for a number of years but eventually ended up moving on to Sampdoria. Things also hadn't worked out at Barcelona for Lopez who happened to now also be at Sampdoria when the kid made his move to them. Icardi was finding it hard to settle, living in a hotel alone. So Maxi Lopez obviously remembering the guy invites him to stay at his house, basically makes him part of his family to try and help him settle. Icardi responds by nailing Maxi's wife.

He's since married her, after Maxi divorced her for being a cheating so and so. Another odd titbit of info. After he married her, Maxi filed a petition for full custody of his kids. Icardi responded to this by getting the kids tattooed on his body. Maxi's kids!

Post is useless without pics - Wanda Nara

NSFW
                                                                              SPOILER

Opr

Comment

Following on from my mammoth 14 week contract in DCU, Maynooth have offered a staggering 20 weeks after Christmas. They've also slid a 40% pay cut into their offer, which comes in at a lower rate than a first year postdoc. Flying high yo.

Comment

Would anyone have any idea the last time Rory was available at 16/1 for the PGA, I'm assuming sometime between the Open and the Bridgestone but I'm not sure

Nicnicnic? C Kid?
                                                                                  Last edited by Wesley Harms; 13-08-14, 13:48.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                                    Just been reading this story as he has been linked to Liverpool in the last couple of days.

Mauro Icardi, an Argentine born striker moved to the Barcelona academy when he was around 15. At the time another Argentine player was after joinng Barcelona, Maxi Lopez who was one of Icardi's heros. Pictures of him signing autograph for Icardi when he moved to Barcelona.

Icardi was at Barcelona academy for a number of years but eventually ended up moving on to Sampdoria. Things also hadn't worked out at Barcelona for Lopez who happened to now also be at Sampdoria when the kid made his move to them. Icardi was finding it hard to settle, living in a hotel alone. So Maxi Lopez obviously remembering the guy invites him to stay at his house, basically makes him part of his family to try and help him settle. Icardi responds by nailing Maxi's wife.

He's since married her, after Maxi divorced her for being a cheating so and so. Another odd titbit of info. After he married her, Maxi filed a petition for full custody of his kids. Icardi responded to this by getting the kids tattooed on his body. Maxi's kids!

Post is useless without pics - Wanda Nara

NSFW
                                                                                    SPOILER

Opr
                                                                                    Welcome to Anfield. Hopefully Sterling balls her.
                                                                                    X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                    Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                      Yeah used to have the same setup years ago but didn't find it worth the maintenance in the end
                                                                                      I'll probably go down that route some day but would find it hard to give up my own collection and organisation (don't tell oleras but I've 100k+ songs). I have my own server at home so plex is useful enough. If I had a commute I'd get something like spotify.

While on the subject of music the people here with squeezeboxes might find this useful

SPOILER

I started off with just a duet and waited until the product line was defunct before adding more. I picked up a SB Classic second hand and added one of the UE Radios that could be downgraded back to a SB Radio; what I really wanted though was a touch to make the system more user friendly. I'm happy enough with the app but I wanted something that other people could use easily.

Touches are going for crazy prices now that they're out of production. Fortunately I came across these online:

They're O2 Jogglers, a tablet that was built for calendars and text messaging that never took off but which can be flashed with the SB software. So for 20-30quid on ebay you can pick up what's basically a better product than the touch. Bigger screen and has added functions like a (poor) web browser/google maps/games/bbc food app.

If I owned my place I might stick one in the wall like this:

For the moment I've one in my kitchen and one in my sitting room and it all works very nicely. I just use them as controllers but it's possible to modify and use them as players. At the very least it's reassuring to know that they'll always be some sort of support for the ecosystem.

Multi-room synced audio is amazing.
                                                                                      Last edited by Denny Crane; 13-08-14, 19:35.

Comment

Super jealous Denny! Just happy to get on this google music, uploading my songs now.
                                                                                        airport, lol

Comment

On a seperate note, kind of got the go ahead to give out 'complimentary' drinks in the club, helps that i have two floors of equal size so I can have an over 18s area.

Comment

On a seperate note, kind of got the go ahead to give out 'complimentary' drinks in the club, helps that i have two floors of equal size so I can have an over 18s area.
                                                                                            Those travelling lads will be good craic with a few beers in them discussing the rules calmly
                                                                                            airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                              Those travelling lads will be good craic with a few beers in them discussing the rules calmly
                                                                                              Lol oh I've weighed all this up already. It wasn't a snap decision, already give out complimentary beers in the poker lounge so it's not a big stretch

Comment

anybody been to tomorrowland, any good? Think I'd love to go next year

Relive the madness and be indulged into the Tomorrowland magic once again...During the magical weekend of 27, 28 and 29 July 2012 more than 180,000 visitors ...

I think it's cool that they have planes flying from ~70 cities around the world to the festival, full of attendees etc

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion
                                                                                                  anybody been to tomorrowland, any good? Think I'd love to go next year
                                                                                                  http://thump.vice.com/words/the-top-...orrowland-2014
                                                                                                  It will be a large collection of tank top wearing arseholes and the likes, go to a decent festival.
                                                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

AH heres the problem with google music, I have a lot of single tracks grouped together ith album names like "Various House" Various Drum N Bass" etc. But when I upload them it puts each track in different album due to artist name. Which is shit
                                                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

I need to get a postmark on a letter im sending before a certain time & date,

I would assume that just means going to post office and get them to stamp etc?
                                                                                                      Anyone know

Comment

Originally posted by poprock View Post
                                                                                                        I need to get a postmark on a letter im sending before a certain time & date,

I would assume that just means going to post office and get them to stamp etc?
                                                                                                        Anyone know
                                                                                                        Thats not usually done in the small offices. It's part of the sorting process.

The office will give you a receipt though if that helps?
                                                                                                        May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                          AH heres the problem with google music, I have a lot of single tracks grouped together ith album names like "Various House" Various Drum N Bass" etc. But when I upload them it puts each track in different album due to artist name. Which is shit
                                                                                                          Gave them a Album Artist Tag of VA so hopefully that shoudl sort it
                                                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Support Grey making videos: https://www.patreon.com/cgpgrey## Robots, Etc:Terex Port automation: http://www.terex.com/port-solutions/en/products/new-equipmen...

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by bp_me View Post
                                                                                                              Thats not usually done in the small offices. It's part of the sorting process.

The office will give you a receipt though if that helps?
                                                                                                              Well I would be going to a main office, If i have to send by registered post that would be fine,
                                                                                                              they are just requesting proof of putting in post before a certain deadline

Comment

Originally posted by poprock View Post
                                                                                                                Well I would be going to a main office, If i have to send by registered post that would be fine,
                                                                                                                they are just requesting proof of putting in post before a certain deadline
                                                                                                                I used to have to do that for posted college submissions and the receipt of postage they give you in post office was always fine
                                                                                                                airport, lol

Comment

Ireland v England in the WRWC semi final.

Michael Corcoran commentating. Started 10 mins ago. 0-0.

on Sky 4 and TG4 I think

Comment

Keane was asking about playlister

The best of the BBC, with the latest news and sport headlines, weather, TV & radio highlights and much more from across the whole of BBC Online

you just pick any programme on BBC radio and you can select the tracks you like and import them into spotify (and some other sites)

Makes a great jumping off point for spotify radio

Comment

/Headwrecked Rant

Been on this last 90 mins to microsoft support. I had posted up about the email I had been getting? well Tony had said he was having probs with the subscription as it said it was suspended. I contacted chat support about it.

I changed my card in May 2014 when the chip stopped working in shops etc. I could still use the card online until my new card came out. microsoft 365 messaged about this. Fair enough. Went into my personal profile that was showing and set it up with paypal as I had already put my new card details in there.

Had last payment with card in May, another via paypal in May. A card payment in June and a Paypal one in June and a Paypal in July.
                                                                                                                      The got me to go into the business account and it has the old card declined since May. made sense as the card number had changed now. But as I explained to support I had paid via paypal. She got me to go into the transactions and see what was there, nothing. I gave her the details from paypal and my bank like the authorisation number and stated it was paid. They said they have not received the money. I told her to get accounts to trace the paypal payments. She said I dont have paypal set up!

Unless I give them a further 20 they wont reactivate my account. They have received double payments for may and june and not accepting this. I removed my new card details from my microsoft account after calling the bank to chat. Microsoft want me to dispute the payments with the bank. It clearly states Microsoft Luxemburg SARL was the payee but they not accepting it.

So fucking tilted right now, could kill a baby penguin.

Anyone else had issues with 365?

Comment

I've run out of space on the desktop of my computer at work. Where am I supposed to save random files now?

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                                                                          I've run out of space on the desktop of my computer at work. Where am I supposed to save random files now?
                                                                                                                          Ask for a second screen obv.
                                                                                                                          ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X