Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just over 7 days until the start of the predictions competition, this time next week we'll be giddy with excitement wondering what to put down for MUFC v Spurs.
    Its the premier IPB football gamblage event for the new season -
    get involved now.

Comment

Originally posted by Valor View Post
      what legislation are they talking about?
      Have no idea

Comment

Dweezil does daddy Frank proud . 2 hours long but if ye never heard the music of Frank Zappa , let Dweezil show you . For an insight into the man himself , YouTube his interviews .

The mind is like a parachute, only works when it's open -FZ
        Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
          Have no idea
          I got the same email today but I'd never even heard of NetBet until I saw your post. Are they an incarnation of a previous poker site?

Comment

Have no idea
            Got this from 32 red as my account has been blocked, can only think the govt.may be trying to enforce their gambling tax on betting companies:

Good evening Edward,

Thank you for your message and I hope this finds you in good health.

I can see the reason you cannot access the sports account is due to Irish licensing protocols. During recent changes, the licensing agreement changed removing the ability for Irish players to access.

As we don’t currently have the required licence, you won’t be able to access your account sadly.

Any pending bets will be completed and any subsequent payouts will have to be withdrawn manually.

This situation isn’t ideal and we hope to have everything sorted soon enough so you won’t be blocked for long hopefully but as it stands, you won’t be able to access the account.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
              Got this from 32 red as my account has been blocked, can only think the govt.may be trying to enforce their gambling tax on betting companies:

Good evening Edward,
              So, did they find you in good health? And can you still not access your account sadly?

Reads like it was google translated from Chinese badly
              Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by darwinatemyhamster View Post
                I got the same email today but I'd never even heard of NetBet until I saw your post. Are they an incarnation of a previous poker site?
                They were Poker770 but got a complete revamp.

Comment

Have no idea
                  Betting (Amendment) Act 2015 in all likelihood
                  You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                  World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Random recommendation. A documentary RTE broadcast a few nights ago and on RTE player called One million Dubliners. It's about the history and workings of Glasnevin cemetery. It's absolutely fantastic and well worth watching. I'd suggest not researching it much and just watch it, kinda got to trust me on that one.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                      So, did they find you in good health? And can you still not access your account sadly?

Reads like it was google translated from Chinese badly
                      They found me in reasonable health. I was pretty sad when trying to access the account

Comment

Thanks, that makes sense now. I played on there a bit many moons ago.

Comment

RIP Rowdy Roddy Piper

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                            Cool. Off to The Deane?
                            Just gave the irish goodbye and sneaked off home but the rest of the lads were heading for the Deane. Wedding to go to tomorrow so best choice to have chips and a snooze

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                              Just gave the irish goodbye and sneaked off home but the rest of the lads were heading for the Deane. Wedding to go to tomorrow so best choice to have chips and a snooze
                              Pffft. Ended up outside the East side Tavern with AndyFB drinkin rum.

Comment

Aquarium for a few free rums & cash action

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                                  RIP Rowdy Roddy Piper
                                  i only googled him this afternoon to see was there a connection with the Rowdy that ronda rousey uses in her name was also suprised to know his not really scottish. random google and later in the evening he is the the news for dying. strange shit

Comment

mugsy killed rrp
                                    X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                    Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Aquarium for a few free rums & cash action
                                      Lost the loots to AndyFB when he peeled A3o and flopped the proverbials. Did manage to introduce free flowing free rum to the top floor much to the amusement and disbelievement of Jacques

Comment

had a double cheese burger in bunson, cooked medium

here is an artists impression

X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Just got around to episode 2 of Britain at the bookies, that golf tipster lads boss at the racing post is a grade A sickie

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                            Never done it before. always used to go by ferry, but i suspect it's as simple as that. get there, get in your queue, drive on and drive off the other side.

Only really worried about getting there, as operation stacks is in place, so there's about 5 miles of motorway closed as a parking lot for lorries, so traffic builds up on the non motorway roads.
                                            Left 2 hours early. Got here 2 hours early. Luckily they put us on an earlier train. About to board. Let the holidays begin!

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                              Just got around to episode 2 of Britain at the bookies, that golf tipster lads boss at the racing post is a grade A sickie
                                              Mrs D is avidly watching this, think primarily to reinforce long-held suspicions.
                                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

I can't help but feel some level of empathy for the dumb bastard. Myself and a friend of mine used to regularly watch "office space" and contemplate moves like this

Comment

Just got this message now. What other sites are going tips up for Irish players and how are they so sure it's temporary?

Hi,

This is message about your NetBet login: PSRxxxxx

Please be aware that the Irish Government has introduced legislation that stops us from offering our services to you.
                                                  This is TEMPORARY and we will be back as soon as possible.

From August 1st 2015...
                                                  - You will not be able to login to your NetBet account or cashier
                                                  - If you require a cashout please contact customer support who will be happy to assist
                                                  PLEASE NOTE: Your account will still exist and all funds kept safely for you in accordance with NetBet Poker's terms and conditions.

Be back soon,

NetBet
                                                  poker.netbet.com
                                                  What site is that from? Got that email too and can't recall ever signing up to netbet? Thought it was a phishing attempt when I looked at it first.

Comment

Lads, netbet = paradise poker. Most of us had an old account back in the day.

Comment

lol

Burnistoun - Series 3, Quality Police Scene! all copyright belongs to BBC not me, Thanks!
                                                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Lost the loots to AndyFB when he peeled A3o and flopped the proverbials. Did manage to introduce free flowing free rum to the top floor much to the amusement and disbelievement of Jacques
                                                        I can't believe I had a good time playing poker. Haven't played in ages. Ran stupid good which helps obvs. Shortly after you left this guy sat down and decided to try and upt everyone on tilt. He succeeded but then ran into my top set. Good times.
                                                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                          What site is that from? Got that email too and can't recall ever signing up to netbet? Thought it was a phishing attempt when I looked at it first.
                                                          same got that email no idea who it's even from

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                                            Paradise was before my time! Poker770 makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                              I can't believe I had a good time playing poker. Haven't played in ages. Ran stupid good which helps obvs. Shortly after you left this guy sat down and decided to try and upt everyone on tilt. He succeeded but then ran into my top set. Good times.
                                                              Was he a young lad in a cardigan?

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post

Had a few quid there because i was playing recently, so hit withdraw yesterday and it went through so just waiting to see if it hits my account!

Comment

Originally posted by Hatedajacks View Post
                                                                  Was he a young lad in a cardigan?
                                                                  Yep. Did he wander downstairs and try the same thing again?
                                                                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Just catching up also, at the bit in ep2 where the voiceover has described Steve Palmer as 'a man the bookies fear'. Is this true? Always had him down as an amiable idiot whose ability to write an interesting article is likely all that keeps him from being a down-and-out. Mind blown if the industry regards him as a shrewdie.

Stuart was fairly livin the dream
                                                                    Loved his Asda shoprun to make sure there was food in the cupboard for the fortnight before getting his gamble on. He'd win the BBV 'Whats for Tea?' bragging rights with his many tins of this stuff.

Comment

Rain outside and sitting on sofa watching an Audie Murphy western on ITV4.

Old man bliss

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                        Of course it's fun to push it Lloyd. It Makes life worth living. I just want Danny to have the good habits drilled in. Once that is there then the rest is gravy. Paleo gravy of course!!

Everyone is different. I'm the oddball at this stage but I just want to see Danny get incredible results which I don't think he fully believes are possible without "giving up" some of his comforts and I 100% disagree with that mindset. You can actually have it all imo we've just been sold a pup of sacrifice and pain from people with stuff to sell.

PS Danny is built for squatting and deadlifting like a beast. Cycling is a grand way to spend an hour but I'd love to see him lifting.
                                                                        My biggest downfall is my mindset at times and it plays with how I look at things, get baffled how one month can be totally legit and see no loss then when go to the next month & be 70/80% legit and see big drops. You seem to have this intense will for me to be shedding more than I am and that's the thing when you say "I don't think he fully believes" which I don't at times.

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                                        Agree, there's a natural powerlifter in that body
                                                                        Suffer with pain in my feet from walking and especially over the last 10 months when doing so I'd be hobbling for a bit after being out walking for an hour+ so switching to cycling more at the moment than walking has alleviated the pain.

As for the gym will certainly have to think about hitting it at some stage over the next couple months need to start toning up.
                                                                        "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                          Yep. Did he wander downstairs and try the same thing again?
                                                                          Hes a poker Dealer on the Irish scene. A grade A c__t. The funny thing was he was playing the I have no idea what I am doing card one can only presume to eventually take everyone's money and it beyond backfired. As usual he left with zilch.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                            Today is a good day

Comment

Just watched Deep Web. Great doc for anyone with an interest in Silk Road, internet privacy, drug leglisation etc. It is heavily weighted towards Ulbricht's side of the story and doesn't really give much new perspective but as an overview of a compelling story of Silk Road it is excellent.

Subscribe to TRAILERS: http://bit.ly/sxaw6hSubscribe to COMING SOON: http://bit.ly/H2vZUnSubscribe to INDIE & FILM FESTIVALS: http://bit.ly/1wbkfYgLike us on...

Opr

Comment

1600 bucks for a decent one bed in Dublin, 1400min anyway, could probably get something reasonable in Manhattan for that.

Comment

1600 bucks for a decent one bed in Dublin, 1400min anyway, could probably get something reasonable in Manhattan for that.

I am paying 1650 for a 3 bedroomed 2 floor penthouse in Smithfield. 2 rooms en suite and massive balcony. There is still value if you shop around.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                                    My biggest downfall is my mindset at times and it plays with how I look at things, get baffled how one month can be totally legit and see no loss then when go to the next month & be 70/80% legit and see big drops. You seem to have this intense will for me to be shedding more than I am and that's the thing when you say "I don't think he fully believes" which I don't at times.

Suffer with pain in my feet from walking and especially over the last 10 months when doing so I'd be hobbling for a bit after being out walking for an hour+ so switching to cycling more at the moment than walking has alleviated the pain.

As for the gym will certainly have to think about hitting it at some stage over the next couple months need to start toning up.
                                                                                    get off the scales, (although I measure my weight every day for nerd graphing), really it's how you feel and your clothes that will show you what is going on. Sure I lost ~50 pounds in the last year but it's your clothes that tell you that, i wasn't sweating working at 100% or eating clean all the time or worrying about last months results, just out in any effort and it will happen, like you already are. I get that you want it to happen faster than it is but a slow steady progress will feel really good, take a look back a year later, not a few weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                                      Just watched Deep Web. Great doc for anyone with an interest in Silk Road, internet privacy, drug leglisation etc. It is heavily weighted towards Ulbricht's side of the story and doesn't really give much new perspective but as an overview of a compelling story of Silk Road it is excellent.

Subscribe to TRAILERS: http://bit.ly/sxaw6hSubscribe to COMING SOON: http://bit.ly/H2vZUnSubscribe to INDIE & FILM FESTIVALS: http://bit.ly/1wbkfYgLike us on...

Opr
                                                                                      Watched it a couple weeks back when I went to check to see what else your man had directed turns out he's Bill from Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure, watched The Rise and Rise of Bitcoin around the same time also which kinda feeds into the Deep Web stuff little amateurish but decent viewing.

"you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Yeah it's a joke, I was asking some Americans what they thought expensive rent was in their big cities, wasn't too much different than here, along with them getting paid a ton more and paying way less tax.
                                                                                        (grads in my field starting on 6 figures). Our apartment situation is mind boggling.

Comment

Originally posted by iSnow View Post
                                                                                          Today is a good day
                                                                                          Why so iSnow?

Comment

His Editor at the newspaper gave the impression of not being too far behind.

Interesting enough watch I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Lplated View Post
                                                                                              His Editor at the newspaper gave the impression of not being too far behind.

Interesting enough watch I think.
                                                                                              Yeah meant his editor. Dunno was that him that rang after yer man's darts bet came in at the end. The 2 of them on the phone reminded me of Gareth and oggy in the office.
                                                                                              Impressed with stuarts forward planning with the food in ep1, had a few empty cupboard weeks back in the day,sliced pan and ketchup sachets ftw

Comment

Today is a good day
                                                                                                Finally have some news on that cafe business?
                                                                                                "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Times publishing stats today on Irish commuting, claiming that a mere 1.6% of all journeys are via cycling. If true, I would suggest any public policy / resource dedicated to improving cycling infrastructure, etc be shelved and the money diverted to public transport investment. The numbers are too small to be worth a government focus.
                                                                                                  "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                                                    Why so iSnow?
                                                                                                    Have a client waiting for this to be published to pull the trigger on a gaming offering in Ireland.

Comment

Finally have some news on that cafe business?
                                                                                                      What would a cafe have to do with the Betting (Amendment) Act 2015? Were you trying to be funny or...?

Comment

Times publishing stats today on Irish commuting, claiming that a mere 1.6% of all journeys are via cycling. If true, I would suggest any public policy / resource dedicated to improving cycling infrastructure, etc be shelved and the money diverted to public transport investment. The numbers are too small to be worth a government focus.
                                                                                                        The reason 60-70% of trips in Amsterdam are bicycle is not because that many people cycled and infrastructure was made for them to accommodate them. It's because when you go there it is the best thing to do, it makes sense, it's safe and it's easy because of the infrastructure. If you move there you will cycle and that is just how it is and their public transport is 100 times better than ours.

I don't think cycling numbers will just increase here when nobody wants to cycle over pot holes and through glass every day on the same road as somebody that hates you. It's just not safe.

Also has the nice benefit of their inhabitants being quite athletic and a good weight in general, it's honestly so much fun to travel by bike in those places.
                                                                                                        Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 01-08-15, 15:44.

Comment

bohs/jamfly/chd/others. Get making your premiership tables like last year so we can get our side bets on this week

I haven't looked at the transfers much this summer so mine will look a lot like last years table
                                                                                                          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                                            Also has the nice benefit of their inhabitants being quite athletic and a good weight in general, it's honestly so much fun to travel by bike in those places.
                                                                                                            Really think nutrition advice to families and getting kids engaged in more sports will do far more for the nation's health / weight issues. Those items easier to solve anyway than the national road infrastructure being rebuilt.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                              Somehow I've muddled into being a BA/Technical BA over the last 5 years.
                                                                                                              Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                                                                              Bah no use to me so.
                                                                                                              It's actually something I was considering getting into.
                                                                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Yeah I certainly think there are major problems with diet in particular. It's often hard to solve these things or even know the the most effective way to solve them, expcially important now that Ireland is getting to be the most overweight country in europe. Take this example:

In many developing countries, children, and in particular girls, do not spend enough time at school, even when school is free, to learn as they should. To change this, the following strategies have been suggested:

•Unconditional cash transfers for girls;
                                                                                                                •Cash transfers for girls, conditional on attendance;
                                                                                                                •Merit scholarships for girls;
                                                                                                                •Free primary school uniforms;
                                                                                                                •Deworming through primary schools;
                                                                                                                •Providing information to parents about the increased wages of those who stay at school.

Which would people think is best, are they all good? All of these strategies look plausible. When resources for education are scarce, as they always are, especially in developing countries, which one should be tried? Would it surprise you that the most effective one or two method above results in more than 200 times the benefits of the the other methods? That means if you gave 100e to the others 99.50e of it would be wasted and it's not immediately obvious which to do.

I find stuff like this very interesting...ramble ramble. So which are the top 2 peeps?
                                                                                                                Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 01-08-15, 16:48.

Comment

Either of the cash transfers imo, probably the unconditional numero uno.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                                    It's actually something I was considering getting into.
                                                                                                                    If you are then preferably it will be an industry you are familiar with, which is telecoms in your case I assume? My problem is that I've been in financial services areas that I was totally lost in the business aspect of, which is a drawback for a BA you might say.

Comment

Have a client waiting for this to be published to pull the trigger on a gaming offering in Ireland.
                                                                                                                      Not sure it's all been enacted but substantially in force AFAIK. Best of luck to him/her

Comment

Really think nutrition advice to families and getting kids engaged in more sports will do far more for the nation's health / weight issues. Those items easier to solve anyway than the national road infrastructure being rebuilt.
                                                                                                                        Pretty much all the evidence is that increasing the cycling mode share is tremendously beneficial for the country. The issue is the gains are long term and a little harder to measure.
                                                                                                                        May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Anyone have cliffs on what the new gaming legistlation means?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X