X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
    took 3 balls, wp BBV
    Tailenders have done alright, but match was over a long time ago.
    Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
      Tailenders have done alright, but match was over a long time ago.
      ah heyor

Johnson running in bowling at 100 mph and a couple of early wickets...game on
      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

I'd have thought that the 12/1 about Australia isn't long enough?

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
          I'd have thought that the 12/1 about Australia isn't long enough?
          I think it's too long

remember the last 4th innings England batted?

Comment

I think it's too long

remember the last 4th innings England batted?
            Back in at 5/1.

Surely England can hit 150

(to answer your question, no, not at all. I only follow cricket to wind up the office here)
            Last edited by Emmet; 31-07-15, 11:36.

Comment

someone told me it's a lot more expensive than the ferry, is that true? tbh, ferry could only be a couple of hours so train from Paris or Brussels into Central London is attractive but can't really see the justification for taking the car.
              it is if you book the ferry long time in advance.

I'd originally booked the ferry for £100 return about 4 months ago. at the time shuttle was around £200.

Ferry company went under so had to rebuy tix 3 weeks ago. Ferries and shuttle were pretty similar with the shuttle being £30 or £40 more expensive at £290, but is a lot quicker (normally).

Comment

Keane/Careca. Do either of you know this chap? Pretty good achievement.

Cliffs. Kerry man finished 4th in 1500m swimming at the special Olympics.

THERE was to be no medal this time around for Tralee man Brendan O’Connell after he secured a fourth place ribbon at the Special Olympics World Games currently taking place in Los Angeles. The 29 year old Kerry Stars Special Olympics Club member, from the Oakview area performed excellently in …

Comment

hunters dude, France is crawling with them

any rustling in the bushes will end up with you having a schlong full of shrapnel
                  too easy
                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                    Once again, today is the day when I'm handing in my notice. Seems like a lot of that has happened in recent years, but it's only the 2nd time I've actually left somewhere where I had the option of staying on in the last 12 years, so not that bad.

Be glad to get out of here in 2 weeks though before I kill someone.
                    What's next Dom?
                    Same industry or spreading your wings?
                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

ha, I have a new colleague with the tremendous name of
                      SPOILER
                      Roger Bigger

parents must have been off their heads

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post

http://traleetoday.ie/no-medal-for-t...ll-an-la-star/
                        No never heard of him before. I'd say if I tried to swim 1500m I'd drown.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                          What's next Dom?
                          Same industry or spreading your wings?
                          Definitely out of the funds industry, preferably out of financial services altogether, but that might be a pipe dream, although I have been recommended by a friend who was fairly senior to a company she recently left that is not financial services, and it has a good daily rate so that would be good.

We'll see.

Comment

Definitely out of the funds industry, preferably out of financial services altogether, but that might be a pipe dream, although I have been recommended by a friend who was fairly senior to a company she recently left that is not financial services, and it has a good daily rate so that would be good.

We'll see.
                            what do you do anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post

I've no problem with porridge, cycling, running, gel packs or whatever else you want to do. But don't confuse a focus on results versus a focus on effort imo.

You want to feel like you've worked hard for your fitness goals. That's the narrative that everyone expects so you want to conform and play the role. The reality is it's about changing habits, being smarter and watching the impact various changes have in your individual circumstances.

I stand by my view that simply eating right, sleeping and walking would give you a very significant fat loss. Then I'd get into stretching and body weight exercises followed by some cardio and weightlifting over time. ( time being 18 months or so). In a few words patience and a relentless focus is what is required not overdoing it. In poker parlance you're playing too many hands imo.

I think you're overthinking it and complicating it for the sake of conforming versus relentlessly focussing on achieving outstanding massive results.
                              I'm kinda confused by what you're saying "But don't confuse a focus on results versus a focus on effort imo", as I've mentioned to you before unlike yourself I don't/won't cut out everything for the rest of my life when I get to a point I'm happy I'll be able to bring back in things and be able to (hopefully) keep it a normal level and not let myself get into really bad habits like before.

Defo struggle with the relentless focus as you call it but I don't beat myself up over it, can be a picky eater unlike yourself so do stress about that when it comes to eating and when travelling for work it's something I REALLY freak about, since starting out I've pretty much ate better (for a considerable part) & walked a lot and it's giving me tremendous results but always enjoyed cycling when younger and since getting back into it I've really taken to it and enjoy it so wanted to take up something extra with my free time over the summer.

11 months in and I'm very pleased with my progress & if/when I hit 4 stone by September I'll be more than chuffed.

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                              Any decent movies to download and watch over the weekend?
                              The Overnighters / Montage of Heck / Jodorowsky's Dune / 20 Feet from Stardom / Rich Hill all documentaries but worth the watch.
                              "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Yo Strewelpeter this is for you - Digg Pic of the Day

Comment

Once again, today is the day when I'm handing in my notice. Seems like a lot of that has happened in recent years, but it's only the 2nd time I've actually left somewhere where I had the option of staying on in the last 12 years, so not that bad.

Be glad to get out of here in 2 weeks though before I kill someone.

We'll see.

?

Comment

Day one of apartment search: While waiting outside to view a place three drug addled teenagers attempted to mug me in slow motion

Comment

Aussies getting spanked to all corners, dropping catches. Delightful.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                        what do you do anyway?
                                        Somehow I've muddled into being a BA/Technical BA over the last 5 years.

Comment

Somehow I've muddled into being a BA/Technical BA over the last 5 years.
                                          Bah no use to me so.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                            I'm kinda confused by what you're saying "But don't confuse a focus on results versus a focus on effort imo", as I've mentioned to you before unlike yourself I don't/won't cut out everything for the rest of my life when I get to a point I'm happy I'll be able to bring back in things and be able to (hopefully) keep it a normal level and not let myself get into really bad habits like before.
                                            Having been reading the back and forth posts I just thought I would chime in with a outside perspective even though I don't think anyone will take much from this until they have been through it themselves. Already you are talking about things in terms of having a goal weight. Once you get to it then you can relax. This generally while everyone has the best intentions leads to cycles and I know that from others and personal experience this is often the case.

Basically after getting myself into shape, I would then tend to relax until little by little things would slip. It might not even be a case of slipping but when you go from doing 3/4 days excerise and eating very healthy all the time it doesn't take long for things to spiral out of control when you relax a little. Even the fact you have probably changed the pace of your metabolism. I would then tend to spend a couple of months getting back into shape, rinsing and repeat the cyle for far too long. I think V is trying to say that coming up with a way of life that is sustainable forever is a much better strategy if your ultimate goal is just to be a certain weight and reasonably healthy. It may be a much slower process but very few people know enough about the whole process if they haven't been through it before to be able to target a weight get there very quickly and then slow down enough to just maintain.

Huge congrats on the weight loss so far.

Opr
                                            Last edited by Opr; 31-07-15, 13:19.

Comment

@Tar, what IDE do you use for python?

Comment

Aussies getting spanked to all corners, dropping catches. Delightful.
                                                BBV in outstanding form over the course of this test

Comment

Funny to think England may win this Ashes with Lyth and Cook opening the batting, they've been lolbad so far.
                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                    No never heard of him before. I'd say if I tried to swim 1500m I'd drown.
                                                    No, same as Keane, never heard of him.

I normally start a length of the pool, stop half way and just lie on my back for a few meters. out then and into the Jacuzzi.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                      Funny to think England may win this Ashes with Lyth and Cook opening the batting, they've been lolbad so far.
                                                      ah Cook was ridiculously unlucky in the first innings while playing really well

Lyth has been muck alright

Comment

@Tar, what IDE do you use for python?
                                                        Heya, I don't use an IDE for python. I use gedit (which is essentially notepad).

I would suggest pycharm though.

Comment

Defo struggle with the relentless focus as you call it but I don't beat myself up over it, can be a picky eater unlike yourself so do stress about that when it comes to eating and when travelling for work it's something I REALLY freak about, since starting out I've pretty much ate better (for a considerable part) & walked a lot and it's giving me tremendous results but always enjoyed cycling when younger and since getting back into it I've really taken to it and enjoy it so wanted to take up something extra with my free time over the summer.

11 months in and I'm very pleased with my progress & if/when I hit 4 stone by September I'll be more than chuffed.

The Overnighters / Montage of Heck / Jodorowsky's Dune / 20 Feet from Stardom / Rich Hill all documentaries but worth the watch.
                                                          Keep cycling as it is huge for weight loss. I went from 83kg to 70kg and it is mainly down to cycling.
                                                          Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                              Heya, I don't use an IDE for python. I use gedit (which is essentially notepad).

I would suggest pycharm though.
                                                              Hardcore.

Pycharm looks the best option for me imo.

Edit, anyone got any experience with cloud IDEs? Had a look at codeanywhere the other day, seems very interesting. Great idea. Combining github and an IDE effectively. Allows you to connect your google drive to it direction and just develop on there through any browser.
                                                              Last edited by Emmet; 31-07-15, 14:30.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                Having been reading the back and forth posts I just thought I would chime in with a outside perspective even though I don't think anyone will take much from this until they have been through it themselves. Already you are talking about things in terms of having a goal weight. Once you get to it then you can relax. This generally while everyone has the best intentions leads to cycles and I know that from others and personal experience this is often the case.

Basically after getting myself into shape, I would then tend to relax until little by little things would slip. It might not even be a case of slipping but when you go from doing 3/4 days excerise and eating very healthy all the time it doesn't take long for things to spiral out of control when you relax a little. Even the fact you have probably changed the pace of your metabolism. I would then tend to spend a couple of months getting back into shape, rinsing and repeat the cyle for far too long. I think V is trying to say that coming up with a way of life that is sustainable forever is a much better strategy if your ultimate goal is just to be a certain weight and reasonably healthy. It may be a much slower process but very few people know enough about the whole process if they haven't been through it before to be able to target a weight get there very quickly and then slow down enough to just maintain.

Huge congrats on the weight loss so far.

Opr
                                                                Think the main point V has always been drilling has been it's a the long game and something I'm focused on and to change how things will go for the future, don't want to get into a yoyo way fluctuating all over the place, being smarter & think about what you eat & not needing to kill yourself in a gym etc, like getting out for a walk and putting the headphones on & watch the world go by is something I enjoy. He's a couple years into it for him he's hook/link/sinker involved in it but his mentality/willpower whatever you want to call is miles ahead of mine.

Got disheartened sometimes along the way when guys who were out killing themselves in the gym etc where shedding weight like crazy but knew from talking with V that I'd be fine in the long run and low & behold those have either shot back up or completely given up, decided when I was going to do it wasn't going to go broadcasting it on Facebook/Twitter whatever because if it went tits up I'd look foolish so pretty much kept it to myself.

I'm looking forward to seeing how the next year plays out & after that...

Comment

I don't give England much of a chance (just don't see them bowling Aus out twice) and Australia are unbackable.

Backing Bell at 12/1 to be top batsman. He is still the classiest England batsman and will get plenty of opportunity to show it. Root is overrated imo
                                                                  OK, he's still miles behind in this but he is batting like a dream tbf

Comment

ha, fuck off Australians. World's worst losers getting some more practice in.

Although no doubt they will win at Trent Bridge, which should be much more batting friendly, and set up a winner takes all finale at the Oval. test cricket

Comment

Hardcore.

Pycharm looks the best option for me imo.

Edit, anyone got any experience with cloud IDEs? Had a look at codeanywhere the other day, seems very interesting. Great idea. Combining github and an IDE effectively. Allows you to connect your google drive to it direction and just develop on there through any browser.
                                                                      Python is so readible you don't need no IDE Sure I got a job in it never having done it before, I love it now.
                                                                      I'm the least hardcore here, the rest use vi and emacs.
                                                                      What do you work at?

I've heard of codeanywhere in regards to pair programming which made no sense to me.
                                                                      Sounds cool from your description.

Comment

Heineken have moved into my building and have made a really cool bar in their office, and their new cider is very nice. here is hoping we get invited down there a lot.

Comment

Tiger on the leaderboard!

Comment

Poxy week. Off out for pints in town to cheer myself up.

Might even back a couple in Galway this evening, where do people go to have a pint in town with a bookie's next door?

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                              Its all crumbling, soon bodies will be turning up

Dear Customer,

It is with regret that we inform you that due to recent changes in legislation our Poker Platform “Cake Poker Network” have decided to exit the Irish market. Therefore we can no longer provide a poker service through Brucepoker.com to any players from August 1st 2015. If you currently have funds in your poker account you can continue to play until the 1st of August after which you will need to arrange for the transfer of the funds to your card or to your Bruce Betting Sportsbook Account. Should you require any assistance withdrawing funds please contact us on customersupport@brucepoker.com

We do hope to find an alternative to the Cake Poker platform in the short term and we will be in contact to let you know when we have an alternative Brucepoker.com in place.

Many thanks for your continued support and apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Regards,

Bruce Poker
                                                                              Customer Support Team
                                                                              Just got this message now. What other sites are going tips up for Irish players and how are they so sure it's temporary?

Hi,

This is message about your NetBet login: PSRxxxxx

Please be aware that the Irish Government has introduced legislation that stops us from offering our services to you.
                                                                              This is TEMPORARY and we will be back as soon as possible.

From August 1st 2015...
                                                                              - You will not be able to login to your NetBet account or cashier
                                                                              - If you require a cashout please contact customer support who will be happy to assist
                                                                              PLEASE NOTE: Your account will still exist and all funds kept safely for you in accordance with NetBet Poker's terms and conditions.

Be back soon,

NetBet
                                                                              poker.netbet.com

Comment

Heineken have moved into my building and have made a really cool bar in their office, and their new cider is very nice. here is hoping we get invited down there a lot.
                                                                                I drink cider and it is nice but couldn't stay on it all the time, few times felt awful after drinking a couple cans.

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

Might even back a couple in Galway this evening, where do people go to have a pint in town with a bookie's next door?
                                                                                Could possibly join you later this evening, drop me a message let me know where you are.

Comment

Python is so readible you don't need no IDE Sure I got a job in it never having done it before, I love it now.
                                                                                  I'm the least hardcore here, the rest use vi and emacs.
                                                                                  What do you work at?

I've heard of codeanywhere in regards to pair programming which made no sense to me.
                                                                                  Sounds cool from your description.
                                                                                  meh, tis not about readability, just about being able to get started asap. Trying to get a better handle on some other languages, currently develop exclusively in .Net but want to do more.

I build mathematical models for gambling. Also done a fair bit of GUI work for tools too.

How to connect Code Anywhere (http://codeanywhere.com) to your Github account (http://github.com), create a repo on Github, clone to a Code Anywhere Devbox, ...

Codeanywhere example. Chromebook able to handle it!

Comment

Could possibly join you later this evening, drop me a message let me know where you are.
                                                                                    Do of course. Meeting a mate at 6.30 for grub. Will be around Grafton St for the evening id say after that

Comment

Olly is smarter than me. I say go and train hard. Push yourself. Focus on performance. Tomorrow you'll wake up and you'll be 45 and you won't be able to train hard. We spend so much of our lives sitting at desks and being civilised thinkers. It's nice to spend a few hours a week pushing yourself physically and your potential is the reserve of your youth.
                                                                                      "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Palace bar Fleet street.
                                                                                        Ogling tourists nice pints a kfc and supermacs around the corner boyles and paddypower within puking distance.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                                                          Olly is smarter than me. I say go and train hard. Push yourself. Focus on performance. Tomorrow you'll wake up and you'll be 45 and you won't be able to train hard. We spend so much of our lives sitting at desks and being civilised thinkers. It's nice to spend a few hours a week pushing yourself physically and your potential is the reserve of your youth.
                                                                                          You need to change your linkedin photo Lloyd. I noticed it the the other day when I was checking something in my contacts, and it's pre weightlifting Lloyd I assume.

Comment

You need to change your linkedin photo Lloyd. I noticed it the the other day when I was checking something in my contacts, and it's pre weightlifting Lloyd I assume.
                                                                                            Good shout. Look fairly different these days!
                                                                                            "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Of course it's fun to push it Lloyd. It Makes life worth living. I just want Danny to have the good habits drilled in. Once that is there then the rest is gravy. Paleo gravy of course!!

Everyone is different. I'm the oddball at this stage but I just want to see Danny get incredible results which I don't think he fully believes are possible without "giving up" some of his comforts and I 100% disagree with that mindset. You can actually have it all imo we've just been sold a pup of sacrifice and pain from people with stuff to sell.

PS Danny is built for squatting and deadlifting like a beast. Cycling is a grand way to spend an hour but I'd love to see him lifting.
                                                                                              Last edited by V for Vendetta; 31-07-15, 17:55.
                                                                                              ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Agree, there's a natural powerlifter in that body

Comment

Do of course. Meeting a mate at 6.30 for grub. Will be around Grafton St for the evening id say after that
                                                                                                  I'll be out too. Might see you later on.
                                                                                                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                                                                                    Palace bar Fleet street.
                                                                                                    Ogling tourists nice pints a kfc and supermacs around the corner boyles and paddypower within puking distance.
                                                                                                    Still there since earlier? Will be swinging by there in half an hour. Might join you for 2

Comment

Bankers going to jail, what is the country coming to at all?

Covering for Seanie Fitz no less. I'm sure he is suitably grateful.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                                        Just got this message now. What other sites are going tips up for Irish players and how are they so sure it's temporary?

Hi,

This is message about your NetBet login: PSRxxxxx

Please be aware that the Irish Government has introduced legislation that stops us from offering our services to you.
                                                                                                        This is TEMPORARY and we will be back as soon as possible.

From August 1st 2015...
                                                                                                        - You will not be able to login to your NetBet account or cashier
                                                                                                        - If you require a cashout please contact customer support who will be happy to assist
                                                                                                        PLEASE NOTE: Your account will still exist and all funds kept safely for you in accordance with NetBet Poker's terms and conditions.

Be back soon,

NetBet
                                                                                                        poker.netbet.com

what legislation are they talking about?

Comment

Haven't been in Galway for a few years but I'd imagine the answer is any pub in galway

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                                            Haven't been in Galway for a few years but I'd imagine the answer is any pub in galway
                                                                                                            He's not in Galway.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                                              Think you misunderstood his text but easily done.

Comment

Have to say I'm pretty jealous of young folk these days. There is so much free info on the net wrt to how to train and a lot of good gyms with decent equipment. Add in tinder so you don't have to piss away your earnings in futile last ditch nightclub missions and you'd have to say the cunts have it better all round then those who grew up in the dark ages of the 80s and 90's

Comment

So they just didn't have the connections to get off?

Comment

Sean Fitz going to avoid a day in court?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                                                                                                                      Sean Fitz going to avoid a day in court?
                                                                                                                      I'd imagine the DPP would be highly reluctant to have a rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                                                        I'll be out too. Might see you later on.
                                                                                                                        Cool. Off to The Deane?

Comment

This man was just on the news. Gave an interview after his swim. He's in LA and says: It's warmer here than in Fenit. I don't want to go back there again. And there's no jellyfish here. Quality. Can't blame him for not wanting to go back to Fenit tbf.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X