• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
    Even the BBV can't change the outcome of this one
    You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
    World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

145e to rent a single bed in a room sharing with another person/stranger most likely in a single bed 5 days a week, gtfo on the weekend mates.

= 870 per month for a single bed, sharing a room.

It's a top country really.

What would the people of this country do if they couldn't buy and rent houses? Have we any other ideas? I think they should cap the number of houses anyone can have to 1, barring the crossover if selling one and buying another, strictly regulated.

The government should zone a pile of nama land and hire contractors from wherever to build at cost. Stick them on those jobbridges they love so much. Cunts.
      Last edited by Lord Sir Banter; 29-07-15, 16:40.
      X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
      Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

RIP Peter O'Sullevan. Grew up listening to him .
        Last edited by TheDrunkenOne; 29-07-15, 17:01.

Comment

McGrath: How much was a grand worth in 1960?
          O'Sullevan: Oh I don't know I've never worked that kind of thing out... It was most acceptable I can tell you

Peter O'Sullevan was the BBC's racing commentator for 50 years and became known as "the voice of racing". His last Grand National race was in 1997 and this i...
          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
            Australia 136 all out. Unbelievable.

Wouldn't like to have a ticket for Saturday.
            Bah, Bell ruins a lot of that by getting out stupidly. Still, even scores with 7 wickets in hand is most acceptable. Need Root to stick around tomorrow and get a 200+ lead.

Really stark turnaround from Lords. The equivalent of a soccer team losing 6-0 in the first leg of a cup tie and winning 7-0 in the next.
            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Coach Kavanagh live debate about MMA on TV3 tonight at 11pm.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                Coach Kavanagh live debate about MMA on TV3 tonight at 11pm.

https://twitter.com/John_Kavanagh?t=...56&nid=244+123
                god that is going to be awful!!

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                    Turned up at the bike shop this evening to pick up the rented bike. Train leaving 6am tomorrow. Handscrawled note on the window saying 'apols but we need to close today and tomorrow'. Booked the thing two weeks ago, all paid up, he had my number and we'd agreed that I was turning up today. Anyway lets not dwell on whatever the french version of a shocking laissez-faire attitude to work is known as. But how is one to go on a bike trip without a bike????? Going to risk it for a biscuit that the initial landing village will be chock-a-block with rental bikes and try to work it out from there.
                    you could always steal one when you get there m8

Comment

Comment

seems you don't need one

Learn from my mistake: I was too confident and locked the bike to the frame with an Abus u-lock (http://www.abus.com/eng/Mobile-Security/Bike-safety-and-secu...
                        Last edited by Lord Sir Banter; 29-07-15, 18:40.

Comment

I love the internet.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Turned up at the bike shop this evening to pick up the rented bike. Train leaving 6am tomorrow. Handscrawled note on the window saying 'apols but we need to close today and tomorrow'. Booked the thing two weeks ago, all paid up, he had my number and we'd agreed that I was turning up today. Anyway lets not dwell on whatever the french version of a shocking laissez-faire attitude to work is known as. But how is one to go on a bike trip without a bike????? Going to risk it for a biscuit that the initial landing village will be chock-a-block with rental bikes and try to work it out from there.
                            You can certainly rent in Saumur. Tourist office is right in the middle beside the old bridge - throw yourself on their mercy. If that fails the Maison du Vin is next door and does generous tasting measures.

Not that I am advocating deviancy.
                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                              2.8m views and nicely links to this

Comment

Just got a melodica. Here's my rendition of the Jurassic Park theme song. What do you think?http://www.patricklo.com

Comment

Comment

Hitch?
                                    Last edited by iSnow; 29-07-15, 18:59.

Comment

That's genius Tar.

Comment

Might get myself a Beef 4 in 1 soon.

Comment

Last time I seen that it flashed to the player and he wasn't playing it with his mouth
                                          airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                            2 bananas.

Get yourself a cycling shirt with a pocket on your back.
                                            Like banana flavoured things but not actually the texture of a banana but will give it a shot though.

Originally posted by bp_me View Post
                                            This is by far the easiest and most natural way.

There are various energy drinks, snack bars, etc you can get too.
                                            Have been off soft drinks for the last while so not sure the likes of Gatorade/Lucozade would be ideal, was thinking something along the lines of a hydration mix electrolytes etc looked into this Skratch Labs.

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                            Would ye not eat something small beforehand?
                                            You could stick a litre bottle on there instead of 700ml.
                                            Haven't done so at all before going on a cycle, don't want the feeling or something sitting in my stomach while out.

Originally posted by iSnow View Post
                                            http://www.camelbak.com/en/Internati...ecreation.aspx

Bought a CamelPak a few years back. Great for exercising or music festivals.
                                            Think a backpack might be overkill for now but something to look into for the future if I take up cycling in a more serious way.
                                            "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Just remember to go banana to mouth and not mouth to banana and you'll be grand.
                                              airport, lol

Comment

Speaking of cycling, I see some of my glory days are up on Youtube these days. Spot the skinny Dice

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                  Like banana flavoured things but not actually the texture of a banana but will give it a shot though.

Have been off soft drinks for the last while so not sure the likes of Gatorade/Lucozade would be ideal, was thinking something along the lines of a hydration mix electrolytes etc looked into this Skratch Labs.

Haven't done so at all before going on a cycle, don't want the feeling or something sitting in my stomach while out.

Think a backpack might be overkill for now but something to look into for the future if I take up cycling in a more serious way.
                                                  lots of cyclists/runners use gel packs for energy, I just thought it was a bit of overkill to mention at first heh

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                    Even the BBV can't change the outcome of this one
                                                    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Don't tempt fate FFS
                                                    Follow me in twitterland

Comment

Comment

Anyone any use with Twitter? What app/vids/links or whatever are people using to post up clips that are longer than 6 seconds? Like this account for example (most of their clips seem have evolved from Vines into these longer clips)

I've come up blank the last couple of times i've searched for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                          Speaking of cycling, I see some of my glory days are up on Youtube these days. Spot the skinny Dice
                                                          Attached Files

Comment

What sort of a moron gets their kicks from shooting a lion

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                              There's your answer.

Comment

Apparently Dentist Walter James Palmer wasn't looking for a trophy...Just a little plaque

Comment

I heard that lion was no angel. Had a couple of cubs outside his pride and nobody knows how many gazelles he might have brought down.
                                                                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                    I heard that lion was no angel. Had a couple of cubs outside his pride and nobody knows how many gazelles he might have brought down.
                                                                    Jericho is getting off light for planning to murder all the cubs who aren't his,bit unnecessary

Comment

The same kind of moron who poses shirt off with a dead leopard. Purely from the photos I've seen today I'd say we have a rare case of a guy who fully deserves his social media shamestorm. Love the guy from PETA calling for him to be deported to S.Africa and hanged

Comment

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Sex week on thejournal.ie is delivering, has to be a level

Comment

Loius Theroux did an hour long programme about the tame hunting industry a few years ago, I was still none the wiser at the end.

Comment

Went with a 3 in 1 and spare ribs

Comment

You have been in Africa many times its big business safari hunting.
                                                                                Often its in a tiny enclosure and can cost up to 50k.
                                                                                Its farming and lions are perfect for it.
                                                                                They eat and then sleep up to 20 hours.
                                                                                Many of these safaris are on land that is not suitable for agriculture scrub land bush that may only be used for a few goats.

South african land owners can run a business by having shooting safaris and unfortunately rare and exotic animals get killed for trophys the rarer the more expensive.
                                                                                The biggest danger for lions is loss of habitat.

This lion was wild and was seemingly drawn out of the park illegally which is a shame.

Having a sustainable hunting business as horrible as it may seem to many is one of the best ways of having endangered species numbers kept stable.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                                                                  Many of these safaris are on land that is not suitable for agriculture scrub land bush that may only be used for a few goats.

South african land owners can run a business by having shooting safaris and unfortunately rare and exotic animals get killed for trophys the rarer the more expensive.

This lion was wild and was seemingly drawn out of the park illegally which is a shame.

Having a sustainable hunting business as horrible as it may seem to many is one of the best ways of having endangered species numbers kept stable.
                                                                                  U deffo copied and pasted that u fooker. U can't spell that well

Nite, having an early night
                                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                                    U deffo copied and pasted that u fooker. U can't spell that well

Nite, having an early night
                                                                                    Sigh dont all drink bodyweight of mojita just back from howth shared a bag of chips witha few seagulls.

Comment

I didn't realise that that sort of big game hunting still went on except in special circumstances where culling was necessary or else illegal hunting, I thought that the only shooting allowed any more was with cameras.

That kind of safari is very expensive at 500 - 1K per person but if there are people who are willing to pay 50K to shoot a lion then they are going to be looked after.

Comment

Sigh dont all drink bodyweight of mojita just back from howth shared a bag of chips witha few seagulls.
                                                                                        Mojito
                                                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

Seems a bit of a disappointment if you don't also get to fight Muhammad Ali and ride in a convertible with two happy zebras.

Comment

Im currently using High5 Energy Source+ and it seems fine. Not as syrupy as the regular energy source which is way too sticky. Its about 220 calories in a serving (I think) with however much caffeine they put in.
                                                                                            May you live in interesting times!

Comment

I didn't realise that that sort of big game hunting still went on except in special circumstances where culling was necessary or else illegal hunting, I thought that the only shooting allowed any more was with cameras.

That kind of safari is very expensive at 500 - 1K per person but if there are people who are willing to pay 50K to shoot a lion then they are going to be looked after.
                                                                                              Ya think 100k can shoot a rhino or a bull elephant.
                                                                                              Saw a doc on it guy shot a huge elephant big tusks they butchered it and fed a big village.
                                                                                              Of course shady operators will do anything.
                                                                                              There is much more danger from impoverished africans setting snares for meat than a few rich dopes from the us and europe killing an endangered species.

Comment

The dude who makes these must have some amount of time on his hands

following on from the excellent Tweeted Love last night...

Twittering Heights

A(nother) punsters' parody...with apologies to Kate Bush. Having exhausted our permitted LinkedIn searches creating "Soc.Media Rhapsody" (https://www.youtube...

Comment

Can of Coke and a bit of Madeira cake for dessert.

Comment

Comment

Bag of chips. Guess it wasn't Beshoffs. Sigh
                                                                                                      His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                                                                                        Bag of chips. Guess it wasn't Beshoffs. Sigh
                                                                                                        What is Beshoffs m8

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                                                          What is Beshoffs m8
                                                                                                          A place that sells chips in Howth
                                                                                                          His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

How does one go about buying a one plus two phone?
                                                                                                            I know that an invite is needed but what then?

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                                                                                              A place that sells chips in Howth
                                                                                                              Why no burgers?

Comment

Burdocks>>>>Beshoffs
                                                                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                                  Loius Theroux did an hour long programme about the tame hunting industry a few years ago, I was still none the wiser at the end.
                                                                                                                  Here is what he said today about it:

Like millions around the world, I was saddened to read that a beloved lion, called Cecil, was shot and killed by an American hunter in Zimbabwe. In 2007 I spent a couple of weeks in South Africa making a documentary about trophy hunting, Louis Theroux's African Hunting Holiday. I also wrote a short piece about the experience (see below).
                                                                                                                  The killer of Cecil has been revealed as Walter Palmer, a dentist and father of two from Minnesota. Palmer has since apologized for shooting Cecil, saying he didn't realize that the lion had a name or that he was breaking the law by killing an animal that had been coaxed away from the game reserve it lived on.
                                                                                                                  To which one is tempted to respond, well, maybe you should have known.
                                                                                                                  Like Vincent Van Gogh, Cecil the Lion has enjoyed a fame in death that surpasses anything he experienced in life. He became a hashtag and trended on twitter. Continuing the social media theme, many of those outraged by Palmer took aim at his dental practice, flaming it with bad reviews on Yelp.
                                                                                                                  If nothing else, Palmer has finally learned what it means to be the prey of an incomprehensible force much larger and more powerful than himself.
                                                                                                                  What struck me reading the coverage was how similar he was in certain respects to many of the Americans I met in South Africa. They too were bowhunters from the mid-West, a place where there is a robust hunting culture, directly mainly at the large populations of deer.
                                                                                                                  And like Palmer, some were involved in a years-long effort to bag as many big-ticket trophies as possible, a bit like trainspotters ticking locomotives off a list, only with more death.
                                                                                                                  However, unlike Palmer, my hunters had taken the lower-budget option of hunting animals on game farms - creatures that are privately owned and that have been raised from birth for the purpose of being stalked and killed. This has the advantage (to the hunter, though not to the animal) of being both more affordable (in 2007, a porcupine for $250; $14,000 for a buffalo; and so on through a menu of semi-wild creatures) and also a fair bit easier: you won’t have to track your quarry for days because, basically, they’re fenced in.
                                                                                                                  The fact that Palmer shot Cecil with a crossbow is worth noting.
                                                                                                                  In some hunting circles, bow-hunting is viewed as superior to hunting with guns. It requires more skill. I also heard it said that animals on game farms where hunting with guns is prohibited are much less stressed because they never have to hear the ear-splitting reports of firearms.
                                                                                                                  However, this hardly applies to Cecil since he lived in Hwange National Park.
                                                                                                                  The other salient fact about bowhunting is that, because it’s harder, it is arguably more likely to lead to an injured animal and a protracted death – which helps to explain the fact that Cecil, having been dinged with the crossbow, was tracked for 40 hours before being dispatched with a firearm.
                                                                                                                  While you might be able to make a case for bow-hunting deer, to do with local traditions, hunting for food, and so on, really, there is no reason to bow-hunt a lion other than showing off.
                                                                                                                  I think the idea is that you are pitting yourself against a fearsome creature armed only with a hand-powered and relatively primitive weapon. But this is pretty bogus, since the only bow-hunter who faces a lion is going to have men with guns, loaded and cocked, standing either side of him in case something goes wrong.
                                                                                                                  Though I am a non-hunter, I try not to be censorious about hunting. As a meat-eater and a participant in a food supply chain that involves practises that are too hideous to bear thinking about (eg. the mass grinding up of baby chicks - you can watch it on youtube if you're in the mood) I'm aware that any criticism I might make of hunting runs the risk of being massively hypocritical.
                                                                                                                  I'm also aware that many hunters are heavily involved in conservation and that in general you can't subtract death from existence, unless you become a Jain with a special strainer to save the insects that drop into your soup. However, there are just so many details here that rub me the wrong way: the laundry list of animals on Palmer's kill list; how, in one of his photos, he's standing with his shirt off, the sun glinting off his biceps, holding a dead leopard; the fact that Cecil the lion was wearing a GPS tag when he was killed.
                                                                                                                  It’s an uncomfortable possibility that there may be as many nincompoops among the forces arrayed against hunting as there are in the okay-with-hunting camp. And even among the anti-hunters there is a recognition of the inconsistency of kicking up a fuss over this or that named specimen of big game while less photogenic creatures go to their extinction unmourned.
                                                                                                                  But, whether or not it’s inconsistent, animals like Cecil - termed “charismatic megafauna” by some conservationists – are a convenient rallying place for those of us who think we owe animals more consideration.
                                                                                                                  And so while a little part of me feels for Walter Palmer, as he’s tracked and pursued through his own 40 hours of hell, the greater part of me mourms Cecil.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuchulainn1 View Post
                                                                                                                    How does one go about buying a one plus two phone?
                                                                                                                    I know that an invite is needed but what then?
                                                                                                                    You pays yer money and you takes yer chances

You have a day or two to pay for it after you get an invite

Comment

For those of you into cycling or fitness could do with picking your brain, for the last while when out cycling try to get out early in the morning and skip having something to eat before hand, gonna try and up my distance a little bit have generally been doing around 15ish miles but today I hit nearly 24, felt pretty decent getting home but what could I be doing to keep energy levels up while out on the bike? Only have 1 700ml bottle of water to do me have to figure out a way of getting a second bottle mounted to my bike, have one of the smaller frames which doesn't incorporate a second holder.

Some of the lads I train with dont eat beforehand as well but will take a coffee to get the metabolism going.

I personally can't go out without something in my belly. I find porridge is great and with a couple of boiled eggs provides great slow releasing energy. You definatly want to avoid fatty foods and big meals 3 hrs+ prior to a ride. Veggy Juices are a great pre ride drink, beetroots a great one for endurance spins.

On the bike, you want to eat and drink a little often. If you feel hungry/thirsty on the bike its too late. You should be going through 1 of those bottles every hour and try to eat something every 1/2 hour. Bananas are great, i like the trek oatmeal bars you can get in health food stores, fig rolls are great source of energy and fit handy into the back pockets but can be a little dry.

If you cant get a 2nd bottle cage on the frame you can mount one rear facing on the saddle http://www.wiggle.com/tacx-bottle-cage-saddle-mount/

One of my bottles is just water and the other i pop in a high 5 zero cal electrolyte tablet.

I think you should try to avoid the energy gels, id never use them in training,only for race days when your putting serious efforts in and can't get enough sugars in. If your just gradually increasing your efforts and distances there's no need for the gels. But if you do decide to hit the hills and put in a big day they are handy for emergencies. Also you can plan your rides to stop off at a garage/coffeshop 1/2 way round to refill bottles + refuel.

Don't forget to replenish and reward yourself after. Get some carbs/proteins into you post ride. High5 do post ride recovery drinks but they say chocolate milk can be just as good.

Gcn make great cycling tips videos have a browse through, heres one on nutrition https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsHeo0X9xCQ

cptips.com is old school in layout but has some top notch info on it http://www.cptips.com/sixrides.htm#btr

Must head out with you one of the days i bring the bike up to dublin, get them strava miles up!

Comment

Got a blister today using a grape . something satisfying about that

Comment

Originally posted by Midnitekowby View Post
                                                                                                                          Some of the lads I train with dont eat beforehand as well but will take a coffee to get the metabolism going.

I personally can't go out without something in my belly. I find porridge is great and with a couple of boiled eggs provides great slow releasing energy. You definatly want to avoid fatty foods and big meals 3 hrs+ prior to a ride. Veggy Juices are a great pre ride drink, beetroots a great one for endurance spins.

On the bike, you want to eat and drink a little often. If you feel hungry/thirsty on the bike its too late. You should be going through 1 of those bottles every hour and try to eat something every 1/2 hour. Bananas are great, i like the trek oatmeal bars you can get in health food stores, fig rolls are great source of energy and fit handy into the back pockets but can be a little dry.

If you cant get a 2nd bottle cage on the frame you can mount one rear facing on the saddle http://www.wiggle.com/tacx-bottle-cage-saddle-mount/

One of my bottles is just water and the other i pop in a high 5 zero cal electrolyte tablet.

I think you should try to avoid the energy gels, id never use them in training,only for race days when your putting serious efforts in and can't get enough sugars in. If your just gradually increasing your efforts and distances there's no need for the gels. But if you do decide to hit the hills and put in a big day they are handy for emergencies. Also you can plan your rides to stop off at a garage/coffeshop 1/2 way round to refill bottles + refuel.

Don't forget to replenish and reward yourself after. Get some carbs/proteins into you post ride. High5 do post ride recovery drinks but they say chocolate milk can be just as good.

Gcn make great cycling tips videos have a browse through, heres one on nutrition https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsHeo0X9xCQ

cptips.com is old school in layout but has some top notch info on it http://www.cptips.com/sixrides.htm#btr

Must head out with you one of the days i bring the bike up to dublin, get them strava miles up!
                                                                                                                          Few jaffa cakes be grand.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X