This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
    It is significant (more in the context of future capital investment than the current budget, as we know it's already on books but keeping it there in the medium term would be painful).

Better compliance would move it off. Better compliance it shall be.
    You are a poo head

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
      I've watched this a few times now. Still expecting it to crash

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02ddnGzxNZs
      I was on a flight with the two youngest in 2011 coming Glasgow to Derry and it was much worse than that. Even when we landed it was going side to side almost touching wings on each side. We were all pushing against the seat in front as it was trying to steady/stop.

Complete silence once we came to a stop, no Ryanair trumpet despite landing on time, think the pilot would have been lynched if they had ha!

Truly terrifying experience. Since the little one was under two she was on my knee so I was using one hand to hold her and one against the seat in front. The young fell on the other hand who was 9 thought it was just great craic altogether!

Been on minimum amount of flights soon! And here is me who was supposed to work for British Midlands back in the 90's haha

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
      Spotted a bidet in loo here. Never tried one before. So just sat there for about five mins. Was quite refreshing, amazing the direction is spot on. Presuming every arse is built the same way now. Amazing shit altogether

Edit to say, amazing shit, meaning amazing stuff altogether. Lol
      You have had kids and never used a bidet? what sort of hospitals do they have down your way lol! We were encouraged to use them after childbirth to ease stitches pain. They are great things

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
        You are a poo head
        It's all ahead of you.
        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
          I played cricket in Dalymount Park. I win.

Maybe one day I'll play cricket in Croker. That'll give them something to talk about.
          I played rugby in Landsdowne Road
          Well, if the complete truth be told I sat on the subs bench at Landsdowne road
          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by bp_me View Post
            https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camelf...ution_incident

Edit to add: I see nothing particularly wrong with following the Eirgrid model where the distribution and network is run/owned by a semi-state while the billing, etc is completely opened up.
            I had taken it as a given that when Irish water is sold that it will be on an Eirgrid model. It is the only way it makes sense surely

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
              I was on a flight with the two youngest in 2011 coming Glasgow to Derry and it was much worse than that. Even when we landed it was going side to side almost touching wings on each side. We were all pushing against the seat in front as it was trying to steady/stop.

Complete silence once we came to a stop, no Ryanair trumpet despite landing on time, think the pilot would have been lynched if they had ha!

Truly terrifying experience. Since the little one was under two she was on my knee so I was using one hand to hold her and one against the seat in front. The young fell on the other hand who was 9 thought it was just great craic altogether!

Been on minimum amount of flights soon! And here is me who was supposed to work for British Midlands back in the 90's haha

You have had kids and never used a bidet? what sort of hospitals do they have down your way lol! We were encouraged to use them after childbirth to ease stitches pain. They are great things
              Don't recall being told to use one of them after having kids, tbh I always thought ugh dirty looking yokes and God knows what was sitting on it before me . Never really wanted to try them out. Was locked last night and bored so decided to have a go.
              Her sky-ness
              © 5starpool

Comment

I played cricket in Dalymount Park. I win.

Maybe one day I'll play cricket in Croker. That'll give them something to talk about.
                Watching TI? Sick day 1 of groups, every team getting at least one win.
                This was class

Dota 2 MP Storm Unreal Aegis Steal MVP.hot6 vs VG TI5 Commentary by LDSubscribe http://bit.ly/noobfromua

For others basically a member of a team jumped into all 5 members of the other team and stole something really important, probably winning the game from that move alone.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                  Ah, if the truth be told...

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                    Watching TI? Sick day 1 of groups, every team getting at least one win.
                    This was class

Dota 2 MP Storm Unreal Aegis Steal MVP.hot6 vs VG TI5 Commentary by LDSubscribe http://bit.ly/noobfromua

For others basically a member of a team jumped into all 5 members of the other team and stole something really important, probably winning the game from that move alone.
                    Yeah I watched 4 games last night. Longgames are long. Arteezy's TA was amazing. Bone7's Legion was lolbad. Na'Vi look better than normal, they always pull it out for the big occasion. Secret look unstoppable all the same.

Didn't see that steal, thanks for pointing it out. Amazing play.
                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                      I played football at Stamford bridge

Comment

Yeah I watched 4 games last night. Longgames are long. Arteezy's TA was amazing. Bone7's Legion was lolbad. Na'Vi look better than normal, they always pull it out for the big occasion. Secret look unstoppable all the same.

Didn't see that steal, thanks for pointing it out. Amazing play.
                        sonneiko being 8-3-11 on shaker after 20 mins for navi was unreal, he was buying gems and shit already as a position 4. So many more games to go 3 million concurrent viewers already.

Comment

I'm still bitter and twisted about that game 35 years later I got dropped after the semi final in favour of the brother of one of the best players on the team who had only started playing a couple of weeks before. Again the complete truth is he turned out much better than me and we got a severe trouncing in the final ...but fuckit anyway

HE's a big fat cunce these days and I'm doing triathlons so stick that up yer gash

Comment

sonneiko being 8-3-11 on shaker after 20 mins for navi was unreal, he was buying gems and shit already as a position 4. So many more games to go 3 million concurrent viewers already.
                            Yeah every single action he took was perfect. Got a bit of luck with the duel (Legion didn't know Visage was out of mana) but it was still amazing to watch. I wish I had 1/10th the skill.
                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                              I had taken it as a given that when Irish water is sold that it will be on an Eirgrid model. It is the only way it makes sense surely
                              One would hope.

But the Eirgrid model is deregulation rather than sale. All the mess over the pensions was (supposedly) to make electric ireland attractive to potential buyers (at least I think... it's a little unclear where Eirgrid stops and electric Ireland starts).
                              May you live in interesting times!

Comment

AJ, WK, FD anyone who has modded WW before...

Anyone able to lock it up for me tonight?

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                  One plus two starting at $329.
                                  €399 for the 64gb model is pretty much a no brainer, was just reading the boards.ie thread on it personally I couldn't care about NFC think I've used it about 3 times ever including my Nexus, fast charging meh & wireless charging a novelty & interesting isn't a must for me, so far I'm really digging the phone & if anybody has any invites going I'll snap one up off you & share what I can here, currently 470,000 in the reservation list will hopefully be able to seel my OnePlus One for circa €150+ so a nice way to offset the cost.

MKBHD take on it so far -

OnePlus 2 Hands-on and thoughts after 2 weeks!OnePlus 2 Camera review: https://youtu.be/VDiOv9148gcUSB-C Explained: https://youtu.be/ZrZISyPucMgOxygen OS 1.0...
                                  "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Yeah every single action he took was perfect. Got a bit of luck with the duel (Legion didn't know Visage was out of mana) but it was still amazing to watch. I wish I had 1/10th the skill.
                                    The interviews with the chinese players are annoying...when did you start playing, oh about a year ago.

i fell asleep watching last night, so much dota. There is a reddit post with all the best games, think i may follow that, its hard to watch it all.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post

AJ, WK, FD anyone who has modded WW before...

Anyone able to lock it up for me tonight?
                                      Yep, I should be home around 8.15 so can do it then.
                                      Locks at 9? Don't bother sending me the roles, its an uber obvious trio.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                        Yep, I should be home around 8.15 so can do it then.
                                        Locks at 9? Don't bother sending me the roles, its an uber obvious trio.
                                        Legend, will pm you later and give you my account.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                          €399 for the 64gb model is pretty much a no brainer, was just reading the boards.ie thread on it personally I couldn't care about NFC think I've used it about 3 times ever including my Nexus, fast charging meh & wireless charging a novelty & interesting isn't a must for me, so far I'm really digging the phone & if anybody has any invites going I'll snap one up off you & share what I can here, currently 470,000 in the reservation list will hopefully be able to seel my OnePlus One for circa €150+ so a nice way to offset the cost.

MKBHD take on it so far -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91av8wCH7CI
                                          I'm 150,000 in the list so if i get there before you, happy to share.
                                          Yeah that does not bother me at all, some amount of fuss over it.

I'm gonna buy it as soon as I can get my hands on an invite which is probably -EV as the OPO could do me for another year yet.

Comment

Yo zuutroy I watched this little documentary the other day was pretty decent, give it a shot if you haven't seen it.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

The reasons for the Eurostat ruling are not clear, but are likely to centre, in part at least, on the €100 annual grant that the Government agreed to pay to households that signed up for Irish Water.

So the stupid Water Conservation Grant, an ill thought out reaction to the level of protest, is responsible for today's debacle?
                                              Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                http://www.irishtimes.com/news/polit...says-1.2299128

So the stupid Water Conservation Grant, an ill thought out reaction to the level of protest, is responsible for today's debacle?
                                                Lol if so.

Was a ridiculous 'solution' considering the tax cuts done at the same time. Should have just painted the tax cuts as the bribe and not the 'grant'. "Sure we'll just tell EuroStat its not for the bills".

Capped charges too - utter bollix weak willed populism to try and win over the staunch "not payers".

Comment

I'm gonna buy it as soon as I can get my hands on an invite which is probably -EV as the OPO could do me for another year yet.
                                                  where can I see my place in the queue?
                                                  I thought i did this ages ago
                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Cheers man appreciate it, was watching a Droid Life video just now and he mentions that the 16gb model has 3gb of RAM where was the 64gb has 4gb. That fingerprint scanner is pretty quick.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                      Lol if so.

Was a ridiculous 'solution' considering the tax cuts done at the same time. Should have just painted the tax cuts as the bribe and not the 'grant'. "Sure we'll just tell EuroStat its not for the bills".

Capped charges too - utter bollix weak willed populism to try and win over the staunch "not payers".
                                                      Like there was any chance of changing the mind of fucking morons who don't even understand what they are arguing against
                                                      Whole thing is as annoying as the fucking weather FFS!
                                                      Will have to keep away from the TV tonight because if that fucking thug Murphy comes on gloating I'll put a brick through it

Comment

The interviews with the chinese players are annoying...when did you start playing, oh about a year ago.

i fell asleep watching last night, so much dota. There is a reddit post with all the best games, think i may follow that, its hard to watch it all.
                                                        That was me Sunday night. I woke up to the end of the last game. I'm just grabbing as many highlights as I can and watching what games are on the main stream. Impossible to follow it all.

Speaking of highlights:

TI5 Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLF50cvv4MhVo1O8EE3DCnm4QpW_f8cT8kMade by NeilFails:https://www.facebook.com/NeilFailshttps://twitter.com...

Comment

Fold pre.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                            where can I see my place in the queue?
                                                            I thought i did this ages ago
                                                            You get an email to say you have been successfully added to the list, just follow the link.

I'm actually 143,808

Comment

shit.
                                                              I dont seem to have one
                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

You get an email to say you have been successfully added to the list, just follow the link.

I'm actually 143,808
                                                                I'm on it @ 135,331

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                  Fold pre.
                                                                  Maybe Move up levels would be more appropriate

Comment

CurrencyFair, TransferWise, and other such services - do you just transfer the money to an account in another country/currency? So you can't actually access the money, it's just for international transfers? Ie. it's no help if you're going on holidays and want to exchange cash? Or am I missing something?

Comment

Originally posted by Frossach View Post
                                                                      I'm on it @ 135,331
                                                                      Snake, feel free to pass on the invites once you get them

Comment

Originally posted by thechamp87 View Post
                                                                        CurrencyFair, TransferWise, and other such services - do you just transfer the money to an account in another country/currency? So you can't actually access the money, it's just for international transfers? Ie. it's no help if you're going on holidays and want to exchange cash? Or am I missing something?
                                                                        correct, you need an acount in the currency you are looking to transfer/buy, although i imagine it must be possible to transfer to vegas or some such if you credit your hotel prior to arriving? might simplify things a lot if that were possible.

Comment

shit.
                                                                          I dont seem to have one
                                                                          I thought I signed up yesterday before the launch but I don't seem to have now Don't think there's any rush though, be another couple of months before they arrive.

Should start a thread in here for sharing invites anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                            I thought I signed up yesterday before the launch but I don't seem to have now Don't think there's any rush though, be another couple of months before they arrive.

Should start a thread in here for sharing invites anyway.
                                                                            poor camera has put me off.

Anybody have any hands on with the LG G4? camera seems head and shoulders above everyone else.

Comment

Anyone ever been to Dusseldorf? What's it like for a weekend trip?

Comment

Not just the grant lads:

IRISH WATER failed a crucial EU test because the Government exerted “considerable control” of the company, Independent.ie can reveal.

The five reasons are:

· “Considerable government control” over Irish Water, “in particular” over board appointments and operations, and the introduction of pricing caps.

· The fact that Irish Water “merely reorganises” the operation of the network from the local authorities, and that a “large majority” of Irish Water staff remain employees of city and county councils.

· The “significant and continuous funding” and support to the company in the form of operational grants and funding.

· The lack of “economically significant prices”, and in particular the cap.

· The fact that sales must cover at least 50pc of production costs. “This is further amplified by the high number of households not paying their bills,” Eurostat said.
                                                                                "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                                                  Not just the grant lads:

IRISH WATER failed a crucial EU test because the Government exerted “considerable control” of the company, Independent.ie can reveal.
                                                                                  Not even close to game over but it is possible that the people who have manipulated and lied about this issue from the start will achieve their only objective and that is to have it as a decisive factor in the next election.

This could be a very bad thing - the line for how far you can lie and dissemble in pursuit of a populist policy will have shifted off the chart

Comment

Failure = Labour's input (LA staff) + FG's desire to stay in Govt (pandering with capped charges & the 'Grant')

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                                                                      Only went for a day trip. Little bit grim, would sooner go to Cologne in that neck of the woods. Much cooler place with a concentrated centre.

Comment

I go there from time to time but its to stay with family. Would go to Koln as a tourist.

Comment

Snake, feel free to pass on the invites once you get them
                                                                                          I'll if i get any.

Comment

I was thinking FG would try for a November election but not sure now. Going post Christmas and approaching the centenary celebrations not good for them either.
                                                                                            "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

In other news, new Full Tilt update fairly stunning:

- HU gone
                                                                                              - High Stakes gone
                                                                                              - Table selection no longer possible
                                                                                              - limits placed on number of tables per stake level
                                                                                              - railing gone

So different to the landscape I worked in a half decade ago!'

Comment

Draw and stud games all gone too, which I don't really understand the reasoning behind.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                  Failure = Labour's input (LA staff) + FG's desire to stay in Govt (pandering with capped charges & the 'Grant')
                                                                                                  In fairness, the only party that can hold its head high on water is the Greens.

And look at them now.

Comment

HU generates massive rake doesn't it? Weird.

Comment

I was thinking FG would try for a November election but not sure now. Going post Christmas and approaching the centenary celebrations not good for them either.
                                                                                                      Really? Would have thought it's the only option. The budget will be positive for everybody so April seems logical plus you get the bump from continued macroeconomic rungood. (The umemployment turnaround is stunning when you look at the bare stats)

Comment

with a bunch of lads, pretty good for beering,
                                                                                                        Many cities have monikers to be proud of, but Dusseldorf residents are especially proud of their designation:  The Longest Bar in the World.  After all, in

Not a huge amount to do otherwise to be honest.
                                                                                                        We went for the Xmas markets and they were great but dunno what you would do at other times.

godo review here
                                                                                                        As its carnival-loving citizens attest, there's more to this affluent, arty city than meets the eye. Christian Koch embarks upon a crawl of "the longest bar in the world"
                                                                                                        Last edited by DeadParrot; 28-07-15, 16:55.

Comment

The whole 1916 centenary thing will be irrelevant in the election imo

People care about immediacies in their lives not the minutiae of how we might or might not commemorate historical events. Most people couldn't provide a cogent explanation of the 1916 rising in any case.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                                            Draw and stud games all gone too, which I don't really understand the reasoning behind.
                                                                                                            Playing numbers are tiny.
                                                                                                            Hu games you might see 1 or 2 tables playing the rest have about 150 bum hunters waiting for a fish.
                                                                                                            Dont understad why they took out high stakes.
                                                                                                            Stars have also stopped giving players fpps for live games anything to make a few extra bucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                              Really? Would have thought it's the only option. The budget will be positive for everybody so April seems logical plus you get the bump from continued macroeconomic rungood. (The umemployment turnaround is stunning when you look at the bare stats)
                                                                                                              Running against SF / FF as people begin to swell up with patriotic mucus seems less than ideal to me. I'd expect us all to be reminded of John Bruton's opinion on the rising a few times anyway.

Also leaves aside the risk that an unforeseen scandal emerges in a dead duck parliament session post budget.

Given polling numbers, would have thought Eurostat approval, budget, election was their strategy.

Comment

maybe a slew of chip dumping scandals due to hit?

Comment

Not for how quickly people go busto. Genius moves for the longevity of the game imo.

Comment

maybe a slew of chip dumping scandals due to hit?
                                                                                                                    Busts an increasingly illiquid recreational player base. They have stats apparently that demonstrate if new players play HU in their first month after signup their retention rate is <15%.

Comment

Also, have people here been following the banking enquiry? Some fascinating contributions and very interesting generally, but Cowen and Ahern stood up very well in their appearances. I had always assumed gross incompetence or impropriety, but becoming ever clearer that FF were merely guilty of being Irish politicians.

Comment

Running against SF / FF as people begin to swell up with patriotic mucus seems less than ideal to me. I'd expect us all to be reminded of John Bruton's opinion on the rising a few times anyway.

Also leaves aside the risk that an unforeseen scandal emerges in a dead duck parliament session post budget.

Given polling numbers, would have thought Eurostat approval, budget, election was their strategy.
                                                                                                                        Think it's going to take a lot more than 1916 to resurrect FF

Next year is going to be so grim, especially considering it most likely a set back for the country.

Comment

They could have changed the HU system. Full tilt was a joke. 16 table limit, so you have like 300 empty tables, for every 3 active ones. Could have limited the number of tables per player, made it KOTH at each level, or something else. I mean that decision might be good for poker but it sucks for me. Didn't get much action there compared to other sites, but if other sites follow suit it would be terrible.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X