X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
    You prick Richie. Triple bogey on 17th!
    Quadruple actually.

BBV curse confimed alive and well. Sigh.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
      you've bbv'd it now
      Lowry was actually the person I was going to praise for getting back to -3 after being +2 after a few holes. So maybe I should take the blame for this one.

Comment

Originally posted by DMMurray View Post
        Lowry was actually the person I was going to praise for getting back to -3 after being +2 after a few holes. So maybe I should take the blame for this one.
        opps sorry lads I wasn't actually following and didnt realise he was around four holes to the end.

I guess a perfect example of how it works tho

Comment

There's an open thread before anyone fancies ruining someone's weekend
          airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
            Really starting to get sick of the crowing about Greece from FG heads and assorted I'm alright jack shit the beds in the media. The wind doesn't have to change too much to land us in a similar position in a few years and you can guarantee all the bootlicking and brownosing to our eurolords over the past while will count for sweet fuck all at the negotiating table
            You don't teach Religion and English in Blackrock by any chance, do you?

Comment

Really starting to get sick of the crowing about Greece from FG heads and assorted I'm alright jack shit the beds in the media. The wind doesn't have to change too much to land us in a similar position in a few years and you can guarantee all the bootlicking and brownosing to our eurolords over the past while will count for sweet fuck all at the negotiating table
              Enja and Gilmore played it perfectly, gave it all the bluster pre election . Went over to meet the bosses and had their balls handed back to them , came home and did what they were told hoping the policies and cyclical economical patterns would eventually turn things around. A few PR disasters aside it looks like working out ok for Enda, Gilmore not so much.

They couldn't really be seen now to be saying anything other than austerity works, and the no more of our dough to those corrupt Greeks sits fairly well with the Irish electorate with a GE on the way.

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 16-07-15, 12:38.
                "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

You can't blame them for crowing, we were in a fiscally worse place than Greece is now when they got in. the prescription that the extreme right claiming to be leftist morons would have left it's with schools and hospitals close, Intel Google Wyeth and the rest gone elsewhere and unemployment 25%+
                  but hey the country has gone to shit because we have to pay for water, public service wages and social welfare are note only in the top twenty in the world instead of in the top three.
                  I'm no great fan of Enda or Joan bit given how far we have come in such a short time they can crow away all they like.
                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

An at a spectacularly dull developer conference.
                    these guys have no fear of cliche.

Black t shirt count >50% ; check
                    Facial hair >70% ; check
                    Noticeable body odur more overwhelming than the fitz on a hot night ; check
                    Self congratulatory pat on the back for the huge turnout of women attending... Huge being c. 2% ; check
                    Arrogance quotient of each speaker >90%. ; check

Comment

When I was in primary school, finishing time was 2:40pm. Just looked at the clock there and it was 25 to 3 and I got little burst of excitement. Weird how memory and conditioning and that can work sometimes.
                      Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post
                        When I was in primary school, finishing time was 2:40pm. Just looked at the clock there and it was 25 to 3 and I got little burst of excitement. Weird how memory and conditioning and that can work sometimes.
                        I pissed in my pants one night but it had nothing to do with memory and conditioning.

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                          I pissed in my pants one night but it had nothing to do with memory and conditioning.
                          fair play
                          Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

This week's Mr Robot reminded me of Mulholland Drive, trippy as fuck but awesome.
                            Profit before people.

Comment

Any carpenters/handymen here at all or recommend anyone to do a small job in a kitchen?

Wife has me driven demented to put in a unit to fill in the corner

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                Any carpenters/handymen here at all or recommend anyone to do a small job in a kitchen?

Wife has me driven demented to put in a unit to fill in the corner
                                Your mistake was letting her think that you sorted those hedges out yourself. Now she thinks your up for this type of stuff. Better to set no standards at all

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                  Your mistake was letting her think that you sorted those hedges out yourself. Now she thinks your up for this type of stuff. Better to set no standards at all
                                  stupid short term gain for long term pain, didn't think that one through properly, did I.

Comment

Comment

mornin
                                      X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                      Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                        An at a spectacularly dull developer conference.
                                        these guys have no fear of cliche.

Black t shirt count >50% ; check
                                        Facial hair >70% ; check
                                        Noticeable body odur more overwhelming than the fitz on a hot night ; check
                                        Self congratulatory pat on the back for the huge turnout of women attending... Huge being c. 2% ; check
                                        Arrogance quotient of each speaker >90%. ; check
                                        Was at an M$ conference recently and a great laugh at the expense at the poor fucker beside me. He was a walking IT cliche.
                                        He arrived early and got one of the freebie packs that come with these kind of things.
                                        At the end of the seminar (clustering woo!!), there was a sign up sheet for further info and demos. I'd no pen and asked him for a loan of one. He only had the free microsoft promo pen that he got with the pack and had a good 10 second internal debate about handing it over. His sense of impending loss over a 20c pen was unreal.
                                        I made sure to write as slowly as possible to make his unease last
                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                          mornin
                                          about ya?
                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                            about ya?
                                            4x toast
                                            1x tea

served upto me

might go see a movie and get a burger, what aboutcha?
                                            X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                            Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Had a nap

Comment

You juicing yet Tara?

Does eSports have a doping problem? If the recent comments of a professional Counter Strike: Global Offensive player are an indication, yes -- and it's one that organisers are well aware of

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                                  4x toast
                                                  1x tea

served upto me

might go see a movie and get a burger, what aboutcha?
                                                  divil the bit.

still in work, thinking about omelette for t

Comment

Part of the grant I'm on this year requires going to some poxy entrepreneurship course every thursday and friday for 5 weeks out in Citywest. They only got onto me today to say the possible starting dates are next Thursday or the 28th of August.
                                                    Just invented a 4 week holiday from mid August to mid September. Hopefully that gets the job done. The title of the modules alone makes my skin crawl.

Comment

Rejoice Tara!!
                                                      Researchers discover seaweed that tastes like bacon!

Comment

Brag: Got to love afternoon naps when the temp hits 36!

Beat: Missed out on both games of 7-a-side next week as they were full by the time I woke up

Variance: Looks like a couple of 10ks and Yoga classes in the gym next week instead
                                                        Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Incidentally, only 3 weeks and a couple of days left to the start of the Premier League, you could be walking away with literally hundreds of Euro in prizes.

Just click on the link in my signature and sign up today!

Comment

After I beat the nerds with my steroids I'm gonna stuff myself with bacon seaweed, it's a damn good day.

Comment

Naps are unnatural. They dont do you any good unless your an insomniac and they are only break even then.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                Naps are unnatural. They dont do you any good unless your an insomniac and they are only break even then.
                                                                I disagree.

For as long as I can remember I hit a wall between 4-7pm where I'm struggling to keep my eyes open and function fully. A well time nap during that period, even if only for 30 minutes or so, makes a huge difference to how I feel for the rest of the evening/night.

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
                                                                  I disagree.

For as long as I can remember I hit a wall between 4-7pm where I'm struggling to keep my eyes open and function fully. A well time nap during that period, even if only for 30 minutes or so, makes a huge difference to how I feel for the rest of the evening/night.
                                                                  Diabetes symptoms imo.

Comment

I disagree.

Completely agree.
                                                                    An opportunity for an afternoon nap is the single greatest gift life can give us.

Comment

Diabetes symptoms imo.
                                                                      Screened negative for Diabetes around this time last year, but as I said this is going back to when I was a teenager and earlier so while I may have gotten/get Diabetes since then I don't think it's the main factor.

I remember reading somewhere, though I'm hazy on where/when, that your body type can influence when you are tired/energetic and that certain body types do hit that slump in the early evening. May have been nonsense or I may have misunderstood it but I definitely find it's true for me. Mornings/Late nights are no problem, 4-7pm is a disaster zone without a nap or copious amounts of caffeine.

Comment

Comment

Fair enough come to think of it I think I'm probably just envious of people who are able to take naps. I sleep well but if I were to try to take a nap I wouldn't sleep that nite. Naps are foreign to me is all. So it probably just irks me that I can't get the enjoyment of naps that others can. Okay carry on with your naps so.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuchulainn1 View Post
                                                                            Completely agree.
                                                                            An opportunity for an afternoon nap is the single greatest gift life can give us.
                                                                            It's even better if the napping opportunity is at work.don't get the chance anymore, thanks "progress"

Comment

I took a nap a few weeks ago in Italy because everyone else was doing it... still not the better of it, what an absolute waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                I took a nap a few weeks ago in Italy because everyone else was doing it... still not the better of it, what an absolute waste of time.
                                                                                If you won the lotto you'd complain m8

Comment

Visited the the Expo in Milan, quite the show they put on, the whole thing is on a massive scale.

Lots of people were complaining that Ireland were clear winners in the pisspoor exhibit category. No one came close to being as cheap and tacky as us with our poorly focussed over extended projectors showing pictures of happy farmers every bit as cliched as the ones on the walls of McDonalds and every Supermarket. Instead of having a restaurant or any food themed presentation there is a mediocre five person riverdance show. One interesting thing was that being a food themed Expo every stand I visited was fully dedicated to the theme but not us we dedicated a third of our stand to an advert for the Wild Atlantic Way.
                                                                                  I suppose they may have done a bit better with the little bit that was spent on it but you have to hand it to whoever decided that the whole thing is a complete waste of money and just putting in an el busto rentboy effort was the appropriate thing for the times we live in.

Comment

I disagree.

I normally jump in the pool when I feel like that.

Went to bed at 2am, up at 6:30 for golf at Roda Golf Club at 8am. Went for Irish brekkie in O'Shea's on Cabo Roig strip at around 13:30, 35 degrees here and 93% humidity so it's quite draining. Tried to do some work from 4pm but was nodding off so hit the pool for a couple of hours. Came back around 6:30, got stuck into work and sold a 2016 Merc 63AMG S Sedan. Twas a good day.
                                                                                    Haven't had a drop of alcohol for 3 months but feel like it's time to ease back into it, might have a glass of wine.

Comment

Loaded up a random Peep Show on Sky. Really is one of the great shows.

Comment

Yet another cracking u21 hurling match on tg4. Gotta love knock out championship

Comment

UCD are away to Bratislava tonight. Thats all im saying.

Comment

Originally posted by gorrrr72 View Post
                                                                                            I normally jump in the pool when I feel like that.

Went to bed at 2am, up at 6:30 for golf at Roda Golf Club at 8am. Went for Irish brekkie in O'Shea's on Cabo Roig strip at around 13:30, 35 degrees here and 93% humidity so it's quite draining. Tried to do some work from 4pm but was nodding off so hit the pool for a couple of hours. Came back around 6:30, got stuck into work and sold a 2016 Merc 63AMG S Sedan. Twas a good day.
                                                                                            Haven't had a drop of alcohol for 3 months but feel like it's time to ease back into it, might have a glass of wine.
                                                                                            Sounds like a great day alright!

Similar here in terms of weather, played football last night at 9pm and it was 30 degrees and humidity at 89%

Currently 28 degrees with humidity at 78% at 9.45pm, temps have really gone up over the last week or two and humidity is becoming unbearable.

Pool is a great idea, closest I have is the sea and given how packed the beaches are, and the fact that I can't swim I have to make do with a cold shower...

...or an afternoon nap

Comment

Jesus Christ Monkey Balls.

Comment

29th minute red card for the home team. Still some performance. A goal would be massive.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by White Knight View Post
                                                                                                    29th minute red card for the home team. Still some performance. A goal would be massive.
                                                                                                    Wow wp BBV 1 minute

Comment

Shamrock Rovers 2-0 down at home.

Shows how special UCDs result is despite losing late on.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                          What's up with this from a helicopter crash yesterday, does anyone know? Can't work out what the attempted murder angle might be.
                                                                                                          Dont know where youre getting attemped murder from, no mention of it in the article. It seems the pilot was reckless in his attempted landings on such a narrow margin. If it happened on his first attempt you can give it to him if he claimed he needed to ditch but he came back a second time. There muct have been clear acres of land either side of that canal.

Comment

What's up with this from a helicopter crash yesterday, does anyone know? Can't work out what the attempted murder angle might be.
                                                                                                            The young fella on RTE news that caught it on his phone is bound to be a Youtube hit. His RTE interview that is.
                                                                                                            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

It was the UK pilot that they arrested at Dublin airport supposedly ...

Comment

Dont know where youre getting attemped murder from, no mention of it in the article. It seems the pilot was reckless in his attempted landings on such a narrow margin. If it happened on his first attempt you can give it to him if he claimed he needed to ditch but he came back a second time. There muct have been clear acres of land either side of that canal.
                                                                                                                Probably needed to take a shit.

Comment

Originally posted by White Knight View Post
                                                                                                                  It was the UK pilot that they arrested at Dublin airport supposedly ...

https://trove.com/a/Longford-helicop...ampaign=hosted
                                                                                                                  prop bet gone wrong probably ...

The second man on board was David Bruton, an award-winning aerobatic pilot and owner of Midland Aviation which is based at Abbeyshrule Aerodrome, about one mile from where the crash occurred.

Comment

I know if I'm in that situation in my car I need to park as close as possible to the nearest pub.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                                                      Loaded up a random Peep Show on Sky. Really is one of the great shows.

Comment

Maybe he was trying to land at the boozer to murder a pint.

Comment

I reckon the main reason behind the crash is that the pilot is a gobshite.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X