This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
    Any merit to the 'stopped it too early argument'? It looked to me like he was still defending himself. Had his arms up at least.
    Not really. He got knocked down then just turtled. Can't argue about the stoppage at that stage regardless of how much time is left on the clock.

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
      Did Strewel live?
      Unfortunately....

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
        Not really. He got knocked down then just turtled. Can't argue about the stoppage at that stage regardless of how much time is left on the clock.
        This.

There is no case against the stoppage.

Comment

Cool. Not trolling, literally don't have a clue.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Cool. Not trolling, literally don't have a clue.
              Personally I would have stopped it before he got punched as he stood there completely gassed while we waited for the inevitable to happen.

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
              MrRobot is quite the show. Well done everyone for making it must-watch due to all the intriguing spoilers.
              Watched the first episode yesterday, seemed intriguing, watched the second this evening (very unusual for me not to leave a week between episodes) and didn't find it that interesting. Probably more a product of the fact I'm not the type to enjoy binge watching, but I am wondering if I will bother staying with it.

Comment

MrRobot is quite the show. Well done everyone for making it must-watch due to all the intriguing spoilers.
                lol. I was coming in here to post this exact thing. Tyvm all.

Downloaded the first 3 eps today in Toronto Pearson airport (class airport btw) as my flight was delayed - 6 hours due to thunderstorm in Calgary. Have also downloaded the UFC.

Toronto Pearson sneaking its way into my top 10 Airports for stopovers on the strength of today.
                This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Darwins theory of evolution debunked

Comment

Comment

It's still up:

Irish mixed martial arts fighter Conor McGregor is the first UFC champion from the Republic of Ireland.

McGregor, 26, won in Las Vegas to become the first UFC champion from the Republic of Ireland or United Kingdom.
                      He's also the first UFC Champion from the Republic of Ireland or Narnia.

WTF???
                      "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Don't be hating on the mainland m8
                        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                          It's still up:

Irish mixed martial arts fighter Conor McGregor is the first UFC champion from the Republic of Ireland.

WTF???
                          You could read t as a slight on the UK fighters he's the 1st person to win one from ireland or the UK. Also today is he 12th so we have to concede ground.

Well done to Conor, serious scrap and shows he can take a few as well as dish them out. I'm glad the boys who hop on you outside the chipper in Crumlin are not of his pedigree.

Comment

It's still up:

WTF???
                            It did say Republic of Ireland and United Kingdom. changing it to "or" is perfect, it now states Ireland has a champion and highlights that United Kingdom never has.

But yeah, such gobshites just say Ireland and let us have it.
                            airport, lol

Comment

At what point did they change the word costume to cosplay or whats the story there I seemed to have missed something?
                              airport, lol

Comment

It's still up:

WTF???
                                Why do people get hung up on stuff like this? The fact is the writer like the vast majority of the world see us for what we are, a small subset of the peoples of the British isles just like Wales or Scotland.
                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                  But yeah, such gobshites just say Ireland and let us have it.
                                  There'd be less reason to cover it then, they probably need to give it the slightest UK angle (even a negative 'we have never won' angle) to justify it being on the main sports tree rather hidden away in the foreign minority sports stories section.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                    Why do people get hung up on stuff like this? The fact is the writer like the vast majority of the world see us for what we are, a small subset of the peoples of the British isles just like Wales or Scotland.
                                    You answered your own question.
                                    airport, lol

Comment

like Kildare is to Dublin

Comment

It's the BBC website, would be slightly different if it was a US or elsewhere website. It's just the pattern, British driver Eddie Irvine wins, Irishman Irvine loses..

The wording was changed on the BBC site, read a lot worse this morning.

Comment

Dunno if you noticed, but being an independent nation is kind of important to us.

What's truly amazing is the vast number of English people who have no idea that the Republic of Ireland is a separate nation. When called out on their mistake their answer is "What's the difference anyway?".
                                          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

"What's the difference anyway?".
                                            Walk up Henry St. and you'd be hard pushed to tell.

Comment

Do they have that many junkies, and shit 'buskers' on the mainland?
                                              Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                Do they have that many junkies, and shit 'buskers' on the mainland?

Attitudes I hate with a passion

Comment

Tbf you could say the same about certain streets in Beijing too,that homogenisation is a worldwide problem

Comment

At least we don't have to put up with "heroic" squaddies taking a break from slaughtering the natives abroad strolling around our high streets. I'd take junkies over that any day

Comment

That there are similarities does not mean there aren't differences.

Comment

Meh. I'm about as un-nationalistic as it gets. Countries are a stupid construct. We're all just a bunch of the same species stuck on the same rock. Where we put the xenophobic demarkation line is largely irrelevant now that globalisation has eroded away at subcultures.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                          like Kildare is to Dublin
                                                          Thats about right, yea.

Comment

Originally posted by Fiery Wasabi View Post
                                                            Hitch emigrated,
                                                            Strewel got run over by a taxi,
                                                            Dead Parrot got married too,
                                                            Smurph wore a dress,
                                                            DMMurray got his hips done,
                                                            RDIII went on his holliers to frenchy land,
                                                            Lloyd went off on a rant last night.
                                                            ?
                                                            "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Dunno if you noticed, but being an independent nation is kind of important to us.

What's truly amazing is the vast number of English people who have no idea that the Republic of Ireland is a separate nation. When called out on their mistake their answer is "What's the difference anyway?".
                                                              Its important, of course it is, its really very important to a certain type but the truth is within the European context its really not as significant as people would like to think it is.
                                                              As Leopold Bloom said "A nation is the same people living in the same place"

Comment

Meh. I'm about as un-nationalistic as it gets. Countries are a stupid construct. We're all just a bunch of the same species stuck on the same rock. Where we put the xenophobic demarkation line is largely irrelevant now that globalisation has eroded away at subcultures.
                                                                That be mouldy cretinous prick talk.

Comment

It's still up:

WTF???
                                                                  Geoff Hurst the only man from the Republic of Ireland and the UK to score a hat trick in a World Cup final.

Comment

I notice the article has been edited to say Or instead of And as I'm sure was meant in the first place... I'm also sure the We Ourselves mindset will still be offended by the thought

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                      Geoff Hurst the only man from the Republic of Ireland and the UK to score a hat trick in a World Cup final.
                                                                      was never a goal.

Comment

I notice the article has been edited to say Or instead of And as I'm sure was meant in the first place... I'm also sure the We Ourselves mindset will still be offended by the thought
                                                                        Condescenders gotta condescend.

Comment

Jordan Speiths gonna Jordan Speith winner alright.

Comment

Jordan Speiths gonna Jordan Speith winner alright.
                                                                            Fowler winning in Scotland is a more important result week before the open.
                                                                            airport, lol

Comment

you'd miss welk-in, this place has no edge tonight

Comment

Fowler winning in Scotland is a more important result week before the open.
                                                                                You think ? The best player in the world atm hit his best round ever this week on tour and you think Rickie Fowlers result is more important. He typically goes missing after a win.
                                                                                Kuchar behind him today is more of a threat to win the open then Fowler imo

Comment

You think ? The best player in the world atm hit his best round ever this week on tour and you think Rickie Fowlers result is more important. He typically goes missing after a win.
                                                                                  Kuchar behind him today is more of a threat to win the open then Fowler imo
                                                                                  When you put it like that... As important anyhow. Showing form over there in similar conditions.
                                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                                                                    you'd miss welk-in, this place has no edge tonight
                                                                                    Cinnamon & raisin bagel

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                      That be mouldy cretinous prick talk.
                                                                                      Ok, gotta ask ? What's this all about Ted ?

Comment

Ok, gotta ask ? What's this all about Ted ?
                                                                                        Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                                                        You have to be some sort of mouldy cretinous prick to be rooting against McGregor tbh. I'll get behind any Irish lad who's one of the best in the world at what he does. Hearing there are droves of Irish lads in Vegas. Going to be some atmosphere. Hopefully he pulls it off!!
                                                                                        .

Comment

A Greystones man who pretends to be a Dub. Used to love Dustin til I found out he's another nobjockey from Wicklow who thinks he is a Dub.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                                            A Greystones man who pretends to be a Dub. Used to love Dustin til I found out he's another nobjockey from Wicklow who thinks he is a Dub.
                                                                                            You know he's a puppet?
                                                                                            airport, lol

Comment

You know he's a puppet?
                                                                                              It's still real to me.

Comment

we're all someone's puppet mates

Comment

Originally posted by Fiery Wasabi View Post
                                                                                                  Hitch emigrated,
                                                                                                  Smurph wore a dress,
                                                                                                  Hitch did a sheep game, you can probably still enter
                                                                                                  .
                                                                                                  Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Hitch emigrated,
                                                                                                    Smurph wore a dress,
                                                                                                    Gimmeabreak started owning souls at the highest online cash games

Comment

what bout me mates

Comment

what bout me mates
                                                                                                        We've never done anything relevant m8

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                                                          We've never done anything relevant m8
                                                                                                          you're a liar m8

Comment

Fermanagh game today. Class commentary last moments. 2nd pic down btw.

Comment

you're a liar m8
                                                                                                              m8 if it wasn't for us the lads wouldn't of renewed the server subscriptions 2 years ago.

Comment

McGregor just got announced as the next coach on The Ultimate Fighter.

8 Europeans v 8 Americans at lightweight. Faber coaches the yanks.

They won't fight at the finale.

What a load of shite.

Comment

A mathematical problem, discussed on Eric W. Weisstein's MathWorld[19] and Brady Haran's YouTube channel "Numberphile,"[20] is that of determining the greatest number of McNuggets which cannot be made from any combination of pack sizes on offer. For example, in the UK, McNuggets are sold in boxes of 6, 9 or 20 (excluding Happy Meals). Consequently, the greatest number of McNuggets which cannot be purchased exactly is 43, the Frobenius number of the set {6,9,20}.[19]

Comment

A mathematical problem, discussed on Eric W. Weisstein's MathWorld[19] and Brady Haran's YouTube channel "Numberphile,"[20] is that of determining the greatest number of McNuggets which cannot be made from any combination of pack sizes on offer. For example, in the UK, McNuggets are sold in boxes of 6, 9 or 20 (excluding Happy Meals). Consequently, the greatest number of McNuggets which cannot be purchased exactly is 43, the Frobenius number of the set {6,9,20}.[19]
                                                                                                                    Bolloxs... Just wasted 10 minutes of my life trying to think of a higher number
                                                                                                                    No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

It has changed with the intro of the four nuggets.

Comment

...

Comment

If you knew this already, then f*&k you for not telling me. If not, then I am about to give you the greatest nugget of info that you'll ever get.

If you are staying in a hotel that uses a card to activate the lights, then.....wait for it......any plastic card will do. It doesn't need to be the room card

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X