This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had a thought today in work.

If an optimist views a 500ml glass with 250ml of water in it as half full, does that same optimist view a 500kg skip with 250kg of waste in it as half empty?
    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
      I have a UPC cisco EPC3925 router and a D Link DAP 1320 range extender.

Have a problem with the range extender.

I called UPC last week because I was having lots of drop off problems, they factory reset my router and since then the D link can't connect to it.

Google is no help. Anyone any ideas? Tried all sorts of re-boots.
      You usually have to pair the range extender again when there is a factory reset. Like you did initially out of the box. Find the pair instructions if you have the box its usually just holding the pair button in for 6 seconds though.

Comment

If an optimist views a 500ml glass with 250ml of water in it as half full, does that same optimist view a 500kg skip with 250kg of waste in it as half empty?
        Not if it's his job to fill it and he gets to go home when it's done.
        airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
          no one ever tell you that guitars and routers don't mix man? it's like good vibes and bad vibes shit. gotta pick your side. guitars and campfires, or routers and techno. you decide.
          Doin it for the missus man, she's freakiin out without the wifi, won't let me jam until I sort it.

Comment

Maybe I'm missing something. But I'd be seeing what's available in a skip by volume, not weight.
            Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

depends if it's his waste or every gobshites within 3 miles dumping into it.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                  You usually have to pair the range extender again when there is a factory reset. Like you did initially out of the box. Find the pair instructions if you have the box its usually just holding the pair button in for 6 seconds though.
                  I tried to set it up like I've just bought it, it has it's own ssid and password, but it's still showing up in my network connections as it did before the UPC reset.

When i bought it new it showed up as 'D Link' something or other, you enter the password then hook it up to your router, but it's not giving me that option now.

Comment

Heard this on the Anton Savage show today.... Little Green Cars did a cover of it and absolutely smashed it.... Brought back so many memories of seeing Depeche Mode live in the SFX Hall in the early 80's. Was absolutely the loudest gig that you could ever imagine. There was 2 HUGE Bus sized banks of speakers, one either side of the stage, in a hall that was about the size of your front garden.

Depeche Mode âžœ Enjoy The Silence (Official Music Video). © 1990 Mute Records Limited / Venusnote Limited, Under Exclusive License To Mute Records Ltd. Manufa...

Comment

I tried to set it up like I've just bought it, it has it's own ssid and password, but it's still showing up in my network connections as it did before the UPC reset.

When i bought it new it showed up as 'D Link' something or other, you enter the password then hook it up to your router, but it's not giving me that option now.
                      If its still showing up try right clicking D link and 'forget network' and try again.

Comment

Any chance of a military coup in Greece tonight? Just seems so lame coming back with a slightly worse 'bail-out'', after closing the banks for two weeks, and having a referendum. How can any government carry on after such bullshittery?
                        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                          Not if it's his job to fill it and he gets to go home when it's done.
                          A fucker like that wouldn't be filling it too efficiently. He'd end up costing you money.

depends if it's his waste or every gobshites within 3 miles dumping into it.
                          Dunno, I think in that situation an optimistic view would still be half empty. Other cunce actions are out of his control regardless.

Comment

If its still showing up try right clicking D link and 'forget network' and try again.
                            I tried it.

My wireless network name is 'Lazare', the extender is 'Lazare Extension', it still shows up as 'Lazare Extension', with the same password, so it doesn't look like the factory reset of the router had an effect on the extender.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                              Maybe I'm missing something. But I'd be seeing what's available in a skip by volume, not weight.
                              The point dude.

Comment

I tried it.

My wireless network name is 'Lazare', the extender is 'Lazare Extension', it still shows up as 'Lazare Extension', with the same password, so it doesn't look like the factory reset of the router had an effect on the extender.
                                Is there a pin hole for the extender if so try factory resetting the extender.
                                Otherwise i found this info that worked for someone in the comments of a youtube video

SPOILER
                                the main issue that is not being shown on the instructions that come with this extender is that you can not already be connected to your internet in order to initially set up this device. You must completely disconnect your computer from your wifi, and then you connect to your extender, in order to get to the setup page. But that is not really explained very well in the instructions that come with it. So, simply put, disconnect your computer from your home wifi, and then connect to your extender, then you can get to the setup page that is described. Otherwise you will just be frustrated, and never get anywhere. As I was for days and days until I finally figured that part out. Hope this makes sense. They should state this more clearly in the instructions for this device. I have been using mine for months now, and it works fine, but the initial setup was a nightmare mainly because they do not describe this thoroughly in the instructions.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                                  Wouldn't know of anyone useful that does repairs? Need to replace the RCA cable on one. Looked at doing it myself but would definitely cock it up
                                  I used to do repairs on stereos, TV's VCR's..... I moved to white goods for a while too,but the money wasn't there. I still dabble a bit and could do a bit of soldering if that's what you needed.

Comment

Terminator m8s. ❤

Comment

Is there a pin hole for the extender if so try factory resetting the extender.
                                      Otherwise i found this info that worked for someone in the comments of a youtube video

SPOILER
                                      the main issue that is not being shown on the instructions that come with this extender is that you can not already be connected to your internet in order to initially set up this device. You must completely disconnect your computer from your wifi, and then you connect to your extender, in order to get to the setup page. But that is not really explained very well in the instructions that come with it. So, simply put, disconnect your computer from your home wifi, and then connect to your extender, then you can get to the setup page that is described. Otherwise you will just be frustrated, and never get anywhere. As I was for days and days until I finally figured that part out. Hope this makes sense. They should state this more clearly in the instructions for this device. I have been using mine for months now, and it works fine, but the initial setup was a nightmare mainly because they do not describe this thoroughly in the instructions.
                                      Cheers Aidan, I'll give that a try in the morning.

Thanks a mill dude, above and beyond help as is usual around these parts.

Comment

Originally posted by Fiery Wasabi View Post
                                        I used to do repairs on stereos, TV's VCR's..... I moved to white goods for a while too,but the money wasn't there. I still dabble a bit and could do a bit of soldering if that's what you needed.
                                        Cheers Martin, if it was soldering alone I'd throw it my dad's way but the turntables aren't very repair friendly as the connection that needs replacing can only be gotten to by taking a big chunk of the turntable apart and avoiding some delicate wires.

Benny, had this guy recommended to me by a DJ mate:

Proaudiorepairs.net

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                          Terminator m8s. ❤

The new one or the original?
                                          No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                            The new one or the original?
                                            New one.

Original is ❤❤❤

Comment

UFC weigh in starting in 15 mins.

Watch the official weigh-in for UFC 189: Mendes vs. McGregor live Friday, July 10 at 7pm/4pm ETPT.

Comment

My sister called me a few weeks ago and said that a guy in work had emailed her some lyrics his 14 year old daughter had penned, raps mainly and could she send them on to me for me to mess about with and see if I could put music to some of it.

I couldn't get over how good these lyrics were, nevermind the fact that a 14 year old girl came out with them. Eg, 'When my mind and my heart don't get along, it's like two birds, with two words, no one can understand'. I'm writing some stuff, but I wish I could come up with something as pure as that.

I took a section of one of her raps and put this together, I also changed a little, in that I used the opening line 'Up Up and Away' as a hook, the line only appears once.

My sister sent it to her, she likes it seemingly, although it's probably miles away from her style.

Love to get some feedback..

Comment

She sounds like a dude
                                                  airport, lol

Comment

My sister called me a few weeks ago and said that a guy in work had emailed her some lyrics his 14 year old daughter had penned, raps mainly and could she send them on to me for me to mess about with and see if I could put music to some of it.

I couldn't get over how good these lyrics were, nevermind the fact that a 14 year old girl came out with them. Eg, 'When my mind and my heart don't get along, it's like two birds, with two words, no one can understand'. I'm writing some stuff, but I wish I could come up with something as pure as that.

I took a section of one of her raps and put this together, I also changed a little, in that I used the opening line 'Up Up and Away' as a hook, the line only appears once.

My sister sent it to her, she likes it seemingly, although it's probably miles away from her style.

https://soundcloud.com/lazare76/up-u...d-away/s-GwSVW

Some serious talent there between the two of you. Do you really need the last 50 seconds?
                                                    Otherwise fantastic.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                                      UFC weigh in starting in 15 mins.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7viQNcua80
                                                      Few of my mates gone over for the fight, left Thurs morn. One of them got so wasted missed the connecting flight and was stuck in Philly only arrived an hour ago and all at the weight ins. Seems to be madness there already

Comment

This is really good IMO... keep it up.

Comment

I haven't watched it yet but seen it recommended and thought you would be interested Lazare.

Austin to Boston

5 old VW camper vans. 4 bands. 3 thousand miles. 2 weeks. 1 gloriously backwards tour. (Ben Howard, The Staves, Nathaniel Rateliff, Bear's Den)
                                                          Five old VW camper vans. Four bands. Three thousand miles. Two weeks. One gloriously backwards tour. Featuring Ben Howard, The Staves, Nathaniel Rateliff, Be...

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Fiery Wasabi View Post
                                                            Some serious talent there between the two of you. Do you really need the last 50 seconds?
                                                            Otherwise fantastic.
                                                            Cheers Martin, funny you say that, I'm not crazy about the last 50 secs, just after the little solo. Tbh, I'm struggling with structure and how to close out a song. Kinda the reason I'm posting it actually. To get that sort of feedback. Needed a few beers on board to do so too lol.

Comment

https://soundcloud.com/lazare76/up-u...d-away/s-GwSVW
                                                              cracking tune!

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                I haven't watched it yet but seen it recommended and thought you would be interested Lazare.

Austin to Boston

Five old VW camper vans. Four bands. Three thousand miles. Two weeks. One gloriously backwards tour. Featuring Ben Howard, The Staves, Nathaniel Rateliff, Be...

Opr
                                                                Cheers man, I actually have it downloaded, I got a bunch of music docs from a top 20 list I found, haven't gotten around to watching most yet, I'll give that a spin next.

Comment

Do you have to pay to get into these weigh ins? Would be very low down on the list of entertaining things to do if I was in Vegas.
                                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                    Do you have to pay to get into these weigh ins? Would be very low down on the list of entertaining things to do if I was in Vegas.
                                                                    Free in

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                                                      Few of my mates gone over for the fight, left Thurs morn. One of them got so wasted missed the connecting flight and was stuck in Philly only arrived an hour ago and all at the weight ins. Seems to be madness there already
                                                                      Yeah there's 10 lads from out my way after travelling over. Snapchats and whatsapps flying in. Carnival atmosphere by all accounts. Some of the lads took out "home improvement" loans from the credit union.

Gonna be wrecked in work come Monday. Up late for UFC Sat night, train then @11am for the Leinster final. Gotta catch the Munster final too. Epic weekend of sport.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                                                        Free in
                                                                        You're still wasting a few hours to essentially see a few guys strip off.
                                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

cracking tune!
                                                                          Cheers dude

Comment

Lovely lads in fairness

Comment

lol, conor's gone for the central dublin junky look. pure class!!

Comment

McGregor looks an extra weight class up than him

Comment

You're going for the atmosphere with 10000 other Irish fans if that's your thing
                                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post
                                                                                    This is really good IMO... keep it up.
                                                                                    Thanks Benny, that's a real nice confidence booster coming from you.

Comment

They do Q&A with fighters and stuff at them. It isn't just the weigh in.

Comment

Went to the one in Boston, was pretty fucking cool. Down off me.

Comment

She sounds like a dude
                                                                                          I meant to say more after. It sounded pretty good to me you've got pretty handy on the guitar pretty fast and your voice sounds great. Tonnes of people play guitar and play it well but putting some notes together and writing a bit of your own stuff is a different ball game. You seem to be doing well. That type of music wouldn't really be my cup of tea so I can't offer much more.
                                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

I meant to say more after. It sounded pretty good to me you've got pretty handy on the guitar pretty fast and your voice sounds great. Tonnes of people play guitar and play it well but putting some notes together and writing a bit of your own stuff is a different ball game. You seem to be doing well. That type of music wouldn't really be my cup of tea so I can't offer much more.
                                                                                            Cheers dude. You've offered plenty.

Comment

Interestingly people don't have a global "optimism" or "pessimism" orientation, but rather have ones for positive things and negative thing. So for example I am a pessimist when it comes to positive things but an optimist when it comes to negative things.

One of the underlying orientations in it is permanence (others being how personally you take events to reflect how you are, and how pervasively you generalise events or things to be). I have a general orientation to being aware that things end (this is a nihilistic orientation, as opposed to an eternalist one). Consequently I devalue positive things because I am orientated to the fact that it will cease which makes me pessimistic about positive things, but I am orientated to the fact that negative things will cease which makes me optimistic about negative things.

I realise that this goes beyond your question, but I find it quite interesting.

Comment

No but an opportunist sees free water and a load of space to dump a mattress

Comment

I think Hotspur is culpable for the last dozen or so times I've used a dictionary.
                                                                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

Enjoyed that song Lazare also think could be cut at 3:02. Any other songs there while youre at it?

Comment

Im not really in to music but had a listen out of curiousity and the song is excellent.
                                                                                                      Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

I don't really care how it goes, but what time is the mcgregor thing on at Vegas time? I assume about 8?im 3 hours ahead so might be in a bar around 5 perhaps and don't want to be caught unawares.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                                          Interestingly people don't have a global "optimism" or "pessimism" orientation, but rather have ones for positive things and negative thing. So for example I am a pessimist when it comes to positive things but an optimist when it comes to negative things.

One of the underlying orientations in it is permanence (others being how personally you take events to reflect how you are, and how pervasively you generalise events or things to be). I have a general orientation to being aware that things end (this is a nihilistic orientation, as opposed to an eternalist one). Consequently I devalue positive things because I am orientated to the fact that it will cease which makes me pessimistic about positive things, but I am orientated to the fact that negative things will cease which makes me optimistic about negative things.

I realise that this goes beyond your question, but I find it quite interesting.
                                                                                                          So life sucks but at least your gonna die..... soon

Comment

m8s
                                                                                                            X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                            Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                                              Two things here:

- The statistics don't support it. Helmet-wearing cyclists do not get seriously injured any less than non-wearers.

- Every place that has made helmets mandatory has seen a massive reduction in cycling.
                                                                                                              I'm not really sure about the use of statistics for something like this. You can't actually say "wearing a helmet and not wearing a helmet are equally safe" surely?
                                                                                                              Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

anyone that's awake, Ireland vs France in the World University Games has just gone to penalties, stream here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtty...ature=youtu.be

edit: Ireland win 7-6 on penalties. Ireland missed their sixth but then the French player bottled it and smashed it over the bar. Ireland score, France score, Ireland score, France hit the post.
                                                                                                                Last edited by Jam-Fly; 11-07-15, 04:20.
                                                                                                                Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                                                                                                                  Go big or go homeless.

Comment

When you are cycling to and from work wear a helmet I you wish but please don't feel like you have to dress up like you are about to do the Tour de France for your 3k cycle home.
                                                                                                                    Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Hey dude, what the craic? What have you been getting up to?
                                                                                                                      No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                                                                        When you are cycling to and from work wear a helmet I you wish but please don't feel like you have to dress up like you are about to do the Tour de France for your 3k cycle home.
                                                                                                                        Unless you like buying new pants/jeans all the time that's exactly what you should do. The crotch area of normal clothes don't take well to cycle commuting. There are some Levis that are specifically reinforced for cyclists but they are hard to find and pretty expensive.
                                                                                                                        May you live in interesting times!

Comment

...
                                                                                                                          "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X