This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by poprock View Post
    yeah i have interviews from 9.00am to 12.59 and and 14.01 - til 17.30, I have no time to call
    lol. Fair point.

Mine was a more overall point describing the attitude withing the 'public' service. More thoughts to self interest than actually providing the service which you are hired to provide.
    This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
    All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
    The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
      I'm never faraid to offer an opinion unless it matters You need someone who knows the ins and outs of the car your looking at, not the likes of me. Try and get whoever is going to maintain it for you to go with you, even if its a cheap car it will be €50 well spent.
      Have it sorted. My friends father is coming with me and he knows plenty. ty
      Her sky-ness
      © 5starpool

Comment

so not going here so
        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

so not going here so
            What? He runs a business and is that stupid?
            airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
              It's been said many times before but the Moto G is a class phone. You buy it in Meteor for €150 then pay two euro to this dude on ebay (I've used him twice now without the slightest hint of a problem) and its unlocked for any network.
              Was someone not saying it locks to the first network it's on? Or is that just applicable to the ones from Tesco?

Comment

Might be of interest to you RDIII A Stroll Through Ireland’s Eerie Ghost Estates
                "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

It's been said many times before but the Moto G is a class phone. You buy it in Meteor for €150 then pay two euro to this dude on ebay (I've used him twice now without the slightest hint of a problem) and its unlocked for any network.
                  Or you buy it sim free from amazon/tesco direct and it never locks in the first place?
                  May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Gulp. Went to speak with a mortgage advisor today. First step in next phase of getting old.

Any advice or ideas for an early-30's couple with no intention of having kids? We're thinking of buying something cheap in a rundown part of Dublin that is highly likely to be on the proposed airport light rail route. Because there has to be a gamble involved for it to be worthwhile, obviously.
                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                      Gulp. Went to speak with a mortgage advisor today. First step in next phase of getting old.

Any advice or ideas for an early-30's couple with no intention of having kids? We're thinking of buying something cheap in a rundown part of Dublin that is highly likely to be on the proposed airport light rail route. Because there has to be a gamble involved for it to be worthwhile, obviously.

That is too much gamble imo.
                      Plus it's on the northside
                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Is that link not odds on against being built?

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                          That is too much gamble imo.
                          Plus it's on the northside
                          Northside is class ffs
                          X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by The-Rigger View Post
                            Northside is class ffs
                            It's really not.

Comment

Originally posted by MegaSin View Post
                              It's really not.
                              Not bad for cheap shopping

Comment

The northside is obviously the best side, but I really like the convenience of the Luas.
                                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Any advice or ideas for an early-30's couple with no intention of having kids?
                                  If the 'not having kids' bit is for real, then don't buy.
                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                    Is that link not odds on against being built?
                                    I assumed he meant on the 747 bus route.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                      If the 'not having kids' bit is for real, then don't buy.
                                      Why would you say that? My long term life goal is not to have to work for a living, so paying rent forever is right out.

Comment

Why would you say that?.
                                        You're making a bad trade of your flexibility for a mortgage. imo of course.

As regards the 'rent is dead money' shite, puh-lease don't make us drag up threads from 2005.

Comment

Similar postition to AFB except this will be my 2nd mortgage and I've 2.9 kids and I'm in my late 30's and I don't want to live in a shithole, and will be lookin for my 'trophy' home.

Anyways I'm looking to borrow about 150k and my broker says that shouldn't be a problem over 20 years, paying back about €900 per month.

FFS i say to him - if I save €1200 per month for 10 years - i'll have 150k myself.

Mortgages suck balls. If i'd no kids I'd rent all day.

Comment

for any good PLO players that only lurk this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
                                              Similar postition to AFB except this will be my 2nd mortgage and I've 2.9 kids and I'm in my late 30's and I don't want to live in a shithole, and will be lookin for my 'trophy' home.

Anyways I'm looking to borrow about 150k and my broker says that shouldn't be a problem over 20 years, paying back about €900 per month.

FFS i say to him - if I save €1200 per month for 10 years - i'll have 150k myself.

whats 2.9 kids?
                                              Her sky-ness
                                              © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by MegaSin View Post
                                                It's really not.
                                                You choose to live in Ballymun though?

Aristocrats such as myself, R. Duke and HG2TG choose areas such as Glasnevin, Clontarf and Malahide, the southsides of the northsiode.

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle SatNav View Post
                                                  whats 2.9 kids?
                                                  Due Number three in 3 weeks

Comment

Getting out of Bray makes this a bargain.

Comment

Due Number three in 3 weeks
                                                      ah ok congrats!

jesus ye are breeding like fuck in the BBV lately
                                                      Her sky-ness
                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

Why would you say that? My long term life goal is not to have to work for a living, so paying rent forever is right out.
                                                        I don't think this is true.

If you have €200k of equity in a house

or

are renting at a rate of €8,000 a year and have €200k invested and returning 5%

Which brings you closer to not having to work for a living?
                                                        Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

jesus! this could have been so much worse

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yspU_AzPnm8#t=155
                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post

or

Wont the vast majority of people be taking a mortgage for the €200k meaning no 5% earnings?
                                                            Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

http://waterfordwhispersnews.com/201...ness-campaign/

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post

or

He's obviously planning to not have to blow the retirement wad on rent
                                                                €900 over 20 years vs €1100 (roughly for rent,probably more) over infinity

It's an interesting comparable imo. I'm quite possibly missing something but that is where the majority of the rent=dead money argument goes. If you are not planning on travelling the world and moving every 2 years, the flexibility isn't really a bonus.

Comment

Finally getting to edit some of my Vegas photos.

Attached Files

Comment

High Roller

Attached Files

Comment

First time up on a bike in over 20 years today, a paltry 5 mile spin but legs felt like jelly after. So fucking unfit

Comment

Bellagio Fountains

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                          What? He runs a business and is that stupid?
                                                                          Yes. Yes he is. I had the distinct displeasure of having some dealings with him a few years ago, I'm not sure I've ever encountered anyone with as much self importance.

This all started because he had the great idea to take bookings in Race Week. For someone who has been running restaurants in Galway for years (tho some closed) to be dumb enough to take bookings in Race Week is astounding. Of course people will get delayed/have to cancel, it might be that they're on the sauce and think feck it supermacs will do or it mighn't even be their fault, traffic/no taxis.

There's no benefit from taking bookings, you will have to turn away people at your door and people won't show up, it's not exactly genius level stuff.

Anyway apparently he had a good few cancellations/no shows and was annoyed. So instead of taking personal responsibility and recognising the stupidity of taking bookings in the first place (which no other restaurant in Galway does AFAIK other than for long term known customers) McMahon came out and slammed 'Race Week as Rag Week for adults" in the local media.

The Cherry on top of this cake of stupidity is when the person who was complaining there about her voucher not being extended posted a snapshot of the tweets to the local media and it was retweeted by one of their journalists, McMahon accused the ''taking it out of context and trolling".

You couldn't make it up.

Comment

Mia and the neighbour are obsessed with stampy re minecraft. I put a video up of the two of them and the little feckers are hounding me asking is there any likes. if any of ye are on facebook please like the video. they will be thrilled its only a silly little thing

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

its over to the left posts by page and scroll
                                                                            Her sky-ness
                                                                            © 5starpool

Comment

I could make it up

Comment

Northside is the best side. Feck all ye posh orange southsiders (even those from the scangery areas).

Comment

I could make it up
                                                                                  I thought the Jp McMahon thing was something to do with a poker tournament

Comment

Hannibal

SPOILER
                                                                                    WTF is the story with that ending? Is there going to be another season?
                                                                                    Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Northside Southside both are equally full of troglodytes.
                                                                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Dublin as a whole is a kip.

Dubs know this so decided to split the County to make themselves feel better.

Comment

The mate got us a hookup on tinder with a group of Estonian chicks. We're going to their bar now to join them in their orgy of shots
                                                                                              Get pics man ffs!

Comment

Originally posted by Percy007 View Post
                                                                                                Get pics man ffs!
                                                                                                Hitch in a dark room on his laptop get ya hard would it?

Comment

You choose to live in Ballymun though?

Aristocrats such as myself, R. Duke and HG2TG choose areas such as Glasnevin, Clontarf and Malahide, the southsides of the northsiode.
                                                                                                  When you're right you're right.

Comment

Ah. Was just conscious that Argos charges €40 more than Meteor. Didn't know about Tesco price.

Locks to the first network, but then you get the unlock code for two euro and are good to go.
                                                                                                    Tesco charge 129.99 sterling which is 163e so I think your option is still the winner.

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                    Northside Southside both are equally full of troglodytes.
                                                                                                    I've taken to Kildare over the last while, the bit that isn't too far from Dublin mind you.
                                                                                                    Turns out my people used to live in Kildare.

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                                                                      Hannibal

SPOILER
                                                                                                      WTF is the story with that ending? Is there going to be another season?
                                                                                                      TVrage has it listed as a returning series.
                                                                                                      May you live in interesting times!

Comment

...

Comment

@dobman, you forgot to put yourself on invisible for the WW game
                                                                                                          Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Mangala to City looks like a good move. £32m though seems a tad overpriced.
                                                                                                            No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Mustard View Post
                                                                                                              You're the second person to tell me this, what is invisible and what does it accomplish?

Comment

Great price from the UK to Iceland, considering the flight alone from Dublin costs €417!

Cheap Holiday to Iceland for 7 Nights including Hotel, Flights & Transfers just £152.16 each

Comment

Got this playhouse in the north today, think it is a steal at £150. Saw some dearer ones made of a flimsy plastic.

Thought I would share in case any of you with little girls were after one.

Comment

Bwahaha.

Boyfriend welcomes lover home with romantic candle message

Before

After

SPOILER
                                                                                                                    Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by dobman88 View Post
                                                                                                                      You're the second person to tell me this, what is invisible and what does it accomplish?
                                                                                                                      Go into your User CP > Edit Options > Use invisible mode

In the early days of werewolf, people use to stalk the player profiles and you were able to see what thread people were viewing, or if they were sending PMs, so it was used to angle shoot people that were likely to be either werewolves, or maybe the seer role. If a team of werewolves saw a non werewolf player sending a PM, it had a huge success rate that that player was the seer.

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Mustard View Post
                                                                                                                        Originally posted by dobman88 View Post
                                                                                                                        Blatant angle shooting after my pm

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                                                          Great price from the UK to Iceland, considering the flight alone from Dublin costs €417!

Cheap Holiday to Iceland for 7 Nights including Hotel, Flights & Transfers just £152.16 each
                                                                                                                          Easyjet have launched out of Belfast now for this trip. It may make it slightly better than changing flights in the UK.
                                                                                                                          Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X