This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CHD View Post
    Are you in a swimming pool on your phone surrounded by half naked rugby players?
    This.

Get some selfies to go with that shower can photo.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
      Sitting in a Jacuzzi with three girls when Tommy Bowe and Jamie Heaslip walk by you to the steam room is some sure fire way to feel inadequate.
      i used to go to the same gym where the Leinster boys train. Definitely felt inadequate when they're in the changing room also. Those guys are ripped!!!

Comment

Are you in a swimming pool on your phone surrounded by half naked rugby players?
        Ha, yeah, splashing and frolicking.
        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
          To continue the posts about grease I love burgers from Counter, dat toppings.
          You haven't had a burger in years, no point even trying to pretend otherwise. No meat, no burger.

Comment

One bottle of Bud in minibar. /Hitch lite

Comment

He did have some weird pair of sock like things on. Didn't spot his name on them.

They're all getting in and out of a big wheelie bin of icy water. S.O.B just got out of it.

Weird seeing these guys up close, pity I know feck all about the sport to have even small talk.
              Remember about ten years ago in the merrion playing cash with Leo Cullen and BriAN o Meara and another leinster player.
              Jim Delaney is playing he played for leinster about 40 odd years ago.
              Bit of small talk about rugby and he roars jesus Mick to me hows the tag going i must admit feeling a bit unmanly.

Comment

Went downhill Mountain Biking at the weekend here in Calgary on "Moose Mountain" about 30 mins from Calgary. Volunteer Society created and maintains the trails.

I'd never been before... fucking terrifying. First kilometre of my first trail was madness. So steep. Decided to take one for the team and walk it after I came off an cut up my leg pretty badly. Once things got a little less insane it was a great experience. Zipping along trails through tree's, into valleys and clearings and skidding around turns. I'm fully sold on it. Weather was 28 and blue skies too so the BBQ after was glorious.

Trails took about 45mins to 90mins each top to bottom, just awesome.

Mountain was free and bike was 30CAD to rent for the day. So reasonable and so accessible. I haven't been in Ireland but I can only imagine it'd cost 10 times that to go for a day somewhere.
                This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                  Went downhill Mountain Biking at the weekend here in Calgary on "Moose Mountain" about 30 mins from Calgary. Volunteer Society created and maintains the trails.

I'd never been before... fucking terrifying. First kilometre of my first trail was madness. So steep. Decided to take one for the team and walk it after I came off an cut up my leg pretty badly. Once things got a little less insane it was a great experience. Zipping along trails through tree's, into valleys and clearings and skidding around turns. I'm fully sold on it. Weather was 28 and blue skies too so the BBQ after was glorious.

Trails took about 45mins to 90mins each top to bottom, just awesome.

Mountain was free and bike was 30CAD to rent for the day. So reasonable and so accessible. I haven't been in Ireland but I can only imagine it'd cost 10 times that to go for a day somewhere.
                  €40 would have you sorted.
                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                    Remember about ten years ago in the merrion playing cash with Leo Cullen and BriAN o Meara and another leinster player.
                    Jim Delaney is playing he played for leinster about 40 odd years ago.
                    Bit of small talk about rugby and he roars jesus Mick to me hows the tag going i must admit feeling a bit unmanly.
                    Is he still playing at all? I remember he was a nightly reg where I first started playing, one of the few enjoyable ones to have at the table!

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                      perhaps a bit hasty to write off ol' Eire.
                      This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                      All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                      The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                        Biggest difference is that we had flourishing IT and Pharma industries. Greece has tourism and shipping.
                        "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                          Is he still playing at all? I remember he was a nightly reg where I first started playing, one of the few enjoyable ones to have at the table!
                          Hes still alive not seen him for 7 or 8 years.
                          Lovely man shocking degen though.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post

Comment

All burgers are shite since the batterbuger was canned in me chipper.
                              Still the ol spiceburger is still going strong despite the demise of Walshes

Comment

BK do the best fast food burgers by far. Chicken Fillet "Cough"Beshoffs.

Bunsen wins best burger by a long way. Five guys is ok but similar to Jo burger,GBK Eddie Rockets.

McD's burgers are flavoured cardboard.

Playing golf all day. What happened in Greece did they put a dome around it yet.
                                His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

would you's all fuck off. the best burger is a steak tartare burger

SPOILER

pathetic irish law enforcing minced meat needs to be cooked through and through means you can never experience a good burger on this island.

Comment

True detective

SPOILER
                                    holy fuck!
                                    airport, lol

Comment

Independents program is a working well as party political broadcast for the government.
                                      Independents == JAclie HEaly Rae, Bertie and 'he fixed the roads' is the greatest good
                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                          True detective

SPOILER
                                          holy fuck!
                                          worth watching? haven't started it yet

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                            Definitely
                                            airport, lol

Comment

Season 1 was a bit Meh imo. It just seem to rush to conclusion. Season 2 seems a lot better so far. Season 1 still worth the watch though.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                Season 1 was a bit Meh imo. It just seem to rush to conclusion. Season 2 seems a lot better so far. Season 1 still worth the watch though.
                                                season 1 was pretty phenomenal apart from the last episode. critics are slating season 2 which is why i haven't started it yet. Happy to see people are enjoying it.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                  Independents program is a working well as party political broadcast for the government.
                                                  Independents == JAclie HEaly Rae, Bertie and 'he fixed the roads' is the greatest good
                                                  Seen an ad after the news at 9, that fuckin eejit Mick Wallace saying he would love to be Minister for Justice, switched channel straight away, couldn't be listening to that. He ran three candidates in the locals, none were even close to being elected. Don't think he'll be returning at all with a bit of luck never mind in cabinet.

Comment

season 1 was pretty phenomenal apart from the last episode. critics are slating season 2 which is why i haven't started it yet. Happy to see people are enjoying it.
                                                    I just didn't get into season 1. Took me 4 attempts to watch it. And I usually love those kind of shows. Don't know why this one didn't do it for me. I'm still glad I watched it though.

Comment

Episode 2 is out? Sweet. I think Farrell will be very good.

There are 3 packs of tic tacs in my house, can't find them, damn them all to hell.

Comment

I don't get why everyone loves the biker episode from True detective S1. It was a nice slow burning show and next thing mconnaughy turns into Jason Bourne. Got back on track after that (aside from final episode hiccups)

Season 2 pulling me in so far. Farrell showing what he's always had,gets no credit in this country.
                                                        SPOILER
                                                        shame the sky announcer completely spoiled the cliffhanger while the credits were playing though

Comment

I made a wonderfully tasty Spanish chickpea casserole tonight from the Cornucopia Cookbook. I had no idea aubergines or courgettes could be tasty. It was an unqualified success, other than the fact that it took me 2 hours to make and 7 minutes to eat. Still if it stops me from eating from Umi Falafel 5 times in one week as I just managed it's a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                            I made a wonderfully tasty Spanish chickpea casserole tonight from the Cornucopia Cookbook. I had no idea aubergines or courgettes could be tasty. It was an unqualified success, other than the fact that it took me 2 hours to make and 7 minutes to eat. Still if it stops me from eating from Umi Falafel 5 times in one week as I just managed it's a good thing.
                                                            Tomorrow your last day or are you going to stick with this no meat regime ?
                                                            This too shall pass.

Comment

@5star

Why do we only get Kitchen spam? How does only that spammy link get through and nothing else?

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                How egg isn't standard on a burger is beyond me.
                                                                gtfo

SPOILER

pathetic irish law enforcing minced meat needs to be cooked through and through means you can never experience a good burger on this island.
                                                                grim

also recently discovered that courgette is sound, sort of takes on the flavour of what you put it with or at minimum doesn't offend.

had quorn for the first time tonight in a chili, was grand, though a bit different.
                                                                X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

SPOILER

That looks truly disgusting.

Comment

Why do we only get Kitchen spam? How does only that spammy link get through and nothing else?
                                                                    Data analytics.

They would search for keywords/tags connected with the product/service.

So 'whats for tea' would push IPB way up there.

Comment

Are burgers going to be Greece's new currency?

We'll pay the IMF Tuesday for a hamburger today.
                                                                      Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Anyone wanting to back against Hitch's lock of the year?

Paddy Power giving 5/2 on a Greece Exit from EuroZone (and adopting alternative currency before year end..)

S&P says the probability of exit is 50%
                                                                        Standard & Poor's Ratings Services lowered its sovereign rating on Greece to 'CCC minus' from 'CCC', saying the probability of Greece exiting the eurozone was now about 50 percent.
                                                                        Who to trust, PP line setters, Hitch or the S&P?

Comment

Comment

Our air conditioning is off, feels like a steam room even though I'm in shorts, god damn. Also love that I can wear shorts to work for the summer.

I imagine that book is good, the chef in there is great but I imagine everything in it takes a few hours.

I've been meaning to get this
                                                                            Talk to your doctor today and see if the Thug Kitchen Cookbook is right for you... you'll be fucking glad you did.

Usually end up using something online, this is a delicious stew thing:
                                                                            Before we get to this incredible soup, there are a couple things I need to get off my chest. 1) Eric and I have lots of nicknames for each other. Two of our favourites are: ‘Pinky’ and ‘The Brain’. Remember that show? Depending on the day, we fight over who is Pinky and who is...Read More

I like things that i don't really have to watch and can let simmer for half an hour.
                                                                            Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 30-06-15, 08:45.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                By the looks of things, it seems my lock of the year is a little bit lockier than yesterday.
                                                                                A lot more, PP siding with you big time.

They seem to be the only ones though!

Comment

Interesting article in the Irish Times today by Jim McGuinness

*
                                                                                  Follow me in twitterland

Comment

breakfast time:

SPOILER

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                      Anyone wanting to back against Hitch's lock of the year?

Paddy Power giving 5/2 on a Greece Exit from EuroZone (and adopting alternative currency before year end..)

S&P says the probability of exit is 50%

Who to trust, PP line setters, Hitch or the S&P?
                                                                                      No idea what I would set it at. Tsipras isn't using this as a test of whether they're going, he's under the delusion that it'll give him a stronger hand to negotiate with. Quite likely he'll be turfed out and negotiations will start again with someone else. You'd have to think if they're leaving it's being they're being forced out rather than by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                        No idea what I would set it at. Tsipras isn't using this as a test of whether they're going, he's under the delusion that it'll give him a stronger hand to negotiate with. Quite likely he'll be turfed out and negotiations will start again with someone else. You'd have to think if they're leaving it's being they're being forced out rather than by choice.
                                                                                        He's stirred up a lot of looney left though..

If they want to go, and it goes to a referendum, they're out. It's simple enough.

Though apparently negotiations resumed today.

There's something exceptionally 'Greek' about all this. Weird anecdote but I recall two friends in university (both Greeks) roaring and screaming at each other one night over a poker hand. One felt the other guy had cheated him out of 'something' (don't ask me what). After tearing into each other for a good 90 seconds, they both just took a deep breath, laughed and went back to being exactly as they were before, good demeanour, all fun and games. The show was over.

I think that something like this is afoot here, and that Tsipras believes that you can 'tear lumps out' of each other in negotiations, that it's all part of the game, and then at the end you shake hands and all is instantly forgotten, that you just write it off as being part of the job.

I'm not so sure it works like that though!
                                                                                        Last edited by Emmet; 30-06-15, 09:12.

Comment

I kinda get the feeling that the guys only did half the game theory course. They got the whole don't blink first bit down but did not learn the part about settling when you are in a shitty situation a chucking someone else under the bus.

Of course they are focusing on democracy as their get out of jail free card because they invented it. Pity that economics was invented by the rest of the world in the mean time.

Comment

Had an awesome cheese plate last night. It had frozen grapes, is that a thing? I'd never experienced it before. They weren't frozen solid, they had the consistency of an ice pop. They worked incredibly well as a palette cleanser, so refreshing too at the end of a meal.

Pretty good restaurant in Carton tbf.

Comment

Fuck knows whats going on its going to make for great reading when its all put together into a good book.

Latest rumors are that the party are pushing him to deal... its a long time until midnight!

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                                                                I kinda get the feeling that the guys only did half the game theory course. They got the whole don't blink first bit down but did not learn the part about settling when you are in a shitty situation a chucking someone else under the bus.

Of course they are focusing on democracy as their get out of jail free card because they invented it. Pity that economics was invented by the rest of the world in the mean time.
                                                                                                The Greeks also invented economics.

Oikonomia
                                                                                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

He's stirred up a lot of looney left though..

If they want to go, and it goes to a referendum, they're out. It's simple enough.

Though apparently negotiations resumed today.

There's something exceptionally 'Greek' about all this. Weird anecdote but I recall two friends in university (both Greeks) roaring and screaming at each other one night over a poker hand. One felt the other guy had cheated him out of 'something' (don't ask me what). After tearing into each other for a good 90 seconds, they both just took a deep breath, laughed and went back to being exactly as they were before, good demeanour, all fun and games. The show was over.

I think that something like this is afoot here, and that Tsipras believes that you can 'tear lumps out' of each other in negotiations, that it's all part of the game, and then at the end you shake hands and all is instantly forgotten, that you just write it off as being part of the job.

I'm not so sure it works like that though!
                                                                                                  One thing I always thought about the EU is that when it works well, it's because of reciprocity and good will amongst member states. Greece doesn't seem to understand that.

Anyway, don't really feel qualified to join in your discussion. Really enjoying the rolling analysis you guys are giving though. The alternative is to follow it on politics.ie, which is just a minefield of lunatics. Even boards has its share of crazies. At least there's some sanity on here.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                    Fuck knows whats going on its going to make for great reading when its all put together into a good book.

Latest rumors are that the party are pushing him to deal... its a long time until midnight!

If Tsiphillis pulls off a deal today he should be renamed Alexander the Late.

Comment

@Chad.
                                                                                                      Are the funfair/amusements up and running in LaBrèDeLaMer yet?

Comment

What did you not like about the last episode? I thought it was near perfect.
                                                                                                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Had an awesome cheese plate last night. It had frozen grapes, is that a thing? I'd never experienced it before. They weren't frozen solid, they had the consistency of an ice pop. They worked incredibly well as a palette cleanser, so refreshing too at the end of a meal.

What kinda cheese?

I bought a Camembert to do a baked one about 3 weeks ago. Forgot all about it.

Pulled it out of the fridge last weekend and it was about 40 seconds away from going off.

Was absolutely intensely delicious.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by smurph View Post
                                                                                                              Interesting article in the Irish Times today by Jim McGuinness

*
                                                                                                              Well, that was a depressing (but very good) read! Whatever tiny sliver of hope I had of WM pulling off the shock of the century in the Leinster final is now gone. TYVM.
                                                                                                              Last edited by DMMurray; 30-06-15, 09:55.

Comment

I keep frozen grapes in the freezer all the time. Far better than ice cubes for drinks because they don't melt and dilute the taste. Not too bad as a cold snack either if your teeth can handle it!

Comment

The funny thing is that Greeks are generally very good businessmen, in that Mediterranean\Levantine tradition. Anywhere you go in Africa, you'll usually find a Greek merchant.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                                    Never really get that type of thinking. Brits: 'we invented football, we should be winning at it'. Or 'lets turn now to Tim Berners Lee for his thoughts on SnapChat'. As if his actions inventing the internet 25 years ago on an engineering problem qualify him to talk about the entirety of internet activity now.
                                                                                                                    I was just making small talk.

Comment

My sauces in Brussels tell me Juncker was twisted doing his confetence yesterday, although the emotion was real.

Comment

History! Kauto Star becomes the first horse to ever regain the Cheltenham Gold Cup, and with a stunning performance to land the 2009 Cheltenham Gold Cup by 1...

Last edited by Strewelpeter; 30-06-15, 10:25.

Comment

The Wiki link for Syriza explains a lot:

The coalition originally comprised a broad array of groups (thirteen in total) and independent politicians, including social democrats, democratic socialists, left-wing patriots, feminists, anti-capitalists, centrist and environmentalist groups, as well as Marxist–Leninist, Maoist, Trotskyist, Eurocommunist, Luxemburgist and also Eurosceptic components.
                                                                                                                          It's like a Whos Who of failed and discredited ideologies.

Luxemburgists

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X