Clear All

SatNav's gonna have puppies!!

Comment

Cool article about one of Tiger's lesser known feats:

Comment

Cahill stepping out again instead of going with the runner

No Gerrard header to blame this time

Comment

England are so bad. They have ''names'' and are still terrible.

Comment

Absolutely the last shilling of the Royal Ascot tipping competition, a venture so exclusive that the Queen was refused entry:

"We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
              England are so bad. They have ''names'' and are still terrible.
              The easy qualification from an easy group though will ensure maximum optimism ahead of the biannual inevitable disappointment next summer.

Comment

Halfway through a 4 day golf tour.

Played Villamartin yesterday. 34 stableford points.
                Played La Serena today, Ryder Cup format, our team won and I won my match 5&4.
                Playing Lo Romero tomorrow and Las Colinas on Wednesday.
                Temperatures in the high 20's, t'is a hard life.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                  The easy qualification from an easy group though will ensure maximum optimism ahead of the biannual inevitable disappointment next summer.
                  This will be exacerbated by the fact that it is 2016. 50 years of hurt never stopped me dreaming.

Comment

This is pretty awesome..

SID Vintage Sounds. Play Any Melody In Live. Run Drum And Bass Loops. Play/Edit Memorized Sequences. Trigger Special Effects. Import MIDI Files. Multi-Touch. Plug MIDI Keyboard. Plug Gamepad. Export To WAV/MP3/MP4. Play Offline.
                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                      This is pretty awesome..

www.tony-b.org/
                      Lazare, I bought a guitar today because I want to learn. Never even held one before. Where do I start?

Comment

Broken arm... The snap is horrible.

Wendell Sailor breaks Ben Ross' arm on the NRL Footy Show during arm wrestling competition, on 11th June 2015.They suspect he ripped the bicep off the bone.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                          Lazare, I bought a guitar today because I want to learn. Never even held one before. Where do I start?
                          Cool. You won't regret it.

Check this guy out, a great online teacher. Free too.

Most people give up initially because of finger pain. It will be sore on your fingertips for the first while, but pretty soon you will develop calluses and you'll never feel that pain again.

Enjoy it man, the best thing I've ever done.

Comment

Most people give up initially because of finger pain. It will be sore on your fingertips for the first while, but pretty soon you will develop calluses and you'll never feel that pain again.

Jasus, I would have thought having your kid was an order of magnitude better. Especially as it wasn't even slightly accidental.
                            Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Cool. You won't regret it.

Check this guy out, a great online teacher. Free too.

Sweet. Thanks. Glad to hear you speak so highly of it too. This is part of a kind of personal journey for me. In the last 2 years I got injured playing soccer, spent 18 months out. I've quit smoking (nicotine free now) and put on 2 and a half stone doing it, I have since lost 1 and half stone by working my arse off, back playing soccer and stopped the filthy dirty habit of biting my nails.

Next up is learning the guitar and when I feel comfortable playing a few bars, whenever that is. 6 months, 2 years, whatever. I will be learning a language, probably start with French and learn another one after. Gotta keep busy.

How hard is it to pick up? Some people I have spoken to say the rhythm hand is the biggest challenge?

Comment

Purely by chance just caught the first episode of 'Humans'. New channel four show about a time in the future when robots do all the work even cooking and cleaning in the home Solid interesting opening episode which I enjoyed alot.

Gemma Chan, William Hurt and Colin Morgan star in this brand new drama series, set in a parallel present where the latest must-have gadget for a busy family ...

Opr

Comment

Next up is learning the guitar and when I feel comfortable playing a few bars, whenever that is. 6 months, 2 years, whatever.
                                  How hard is it to pick up? Some people I have spoken to say the rhythm hand is the biggest challenge?
                                  As a bonus you get to destroy houseparties quicker than a drunk projectile vomiting on the sofa.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                    As a bonus you get to destroy houseparties quicker than a drunk projectile vomiting on the sofa.
                                    Lol. No I won't turn into that guy!

Comment

My main advise with any musical instrument is to play regularly. Like you're a lot better off to practice five minutes every day, than to put in an hour on a Saturday and wonder why your fingers/lips are bleeding the next day.
                                      Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Sweet. Thanks. Glad to hear you speak so highly of it too. This is part of a kind of personal journey for me. In the last 2 years I got injured playing soccer, spent 18 months out. I've quit smoking (nicotine free now) and put on 2 and a half stone doing it, I have since lost 1 and half stone by working my arse off, back playing soccer and stopped the filthy dirty habit of biting my nails.

Next up is learning the guitar and when I feel comfortable playing a few bars, whenever that is. 6 months, 2 years, whatever. I will be learning a language, probably start with French and learn another one after. Gotta keep busy.

Wow man, impressive.

Barre chords were my biggest challenge, each person will have a different experience in that regard, but yeah, a lot of people struggle with rhythm. I'm lucky that I've always found that part of playing relatively easy. Struggled for a long time with the left hand though.

Comment

Doing a bit of a clearout & have a good few books to get rid of. Probably about 30 which are mostly football & sports autobiographies if anyone wants them.

Can throw up a list if anyone is interested

Comment

Dobby, take the keyboards up instead, more fun

The main thing in my view with playing an instrument is to start off with the correct technique. This will save you months/years as if you are self taught you will definitely pick up bad habits. So go get a couple of lessons and request the focus to be on technique,
                                            practise this as often as you can . By all means learn to play songs in the meantime, this part is very easy, however do not have background distractions like the tv or radio as you won't hear the imperfections in your tone nor will you be focusing 100% . As for how long it takes to get good? This is really subjective. I used to think I was good but millions of asians fucked that up for me. Also try to ensure you are enjoying it. Tell yourself beforehand it's for fun, the second it becomes a chore it's a lost cause. Good luck at being a guitar wanker and when you do get good, take it out at parties and drown out the moany cunts who wanna talk about footie and poker and craft beers. Don't do stairway though, leave that alone

Comment

Wow man, impressive.

Barre chords were my biggest challenge, each person will have a different experience in that regard, but yeah, a lot of people struggle with rhythm. I'm lucky that I've always found that part of playing relatively easy. Struggled for a long time with the left hand though.
                                              Thanks. Can't wait to get started anyway. Might do what Solks said and get a few lessons for technique first.

On a different note, just watched the Sunday game and WTF happened to Laois? Kildare took full advantage but nothing there to worry Dublin.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                Jasus, I would have thought having your kid was an order of magnitude better. Especially as it wasn't even slightly accidental.
                                                This guy was the best thing I ever did but the worst thing for the ol music appreciation.
                                                Fecking baa baa black sheep on the xylophone x 60 times a day. The wheels on the bus must be done a capella though (all day long)

Comment

GOT : Seems to be a big rumour that we get the return of
                                                  SPOILER
                                                  Benjen Stark
                                                  tonight. This would please me greatly.

This is apparently tonights 'previously on Game of Thrones'.
                                                  Obviously spoilers for everything up to last weeks episode.
                                                  Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Congrats Mr and Mrs DP. One of my buddies got married in the same venue last summer. Have to say it was an excellent location and one of the most memorable weddings I've been to.

Read that online earlier AJ. I hope its a case of blowing the story wide open. Does this mean we might run ahead of the books?

Comment

SPOILER
                                                      Benjen Stark

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1btOBSM9mrk
                                                      looking forward to this The dragon queen is the hottest thing I've seen on the TV since
                                                      jennifer jason leigh in Flesh and Blood.

Comment

What time is GOT on live and where can I watch?

Comment

Sky Atlantic, 2am.

Comment

Originally posted by Fiery Wasabi View Post
                                                            Sky Atlantic, 2am.
                                                            Don't have sky and up at 7am so not waiting. Thanks though.

Comment

Don't have sky and up at 7am so not waiting. Thanks though.
                                                              I'll get you links if you are up at 2. Just message me.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                I'll get you links if you are up at 2. Just message me.
                                                                cliffs on the internet last two days
                                                                X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                                                  Need them myself. Slept lots.

Comment

DP got married, horatio found the wild west end and Sat nav slept with a dog supposedly
                                                                    Last edited by pokerhand; 15-06-15, 00:54.
                                                                    No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

SPOILER
                                                                      Benjen Stark

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1btOBSM9mrk
                                                                      This decision of mine to catch up in the books before S5 is really is getting increasingly challenging. Just over halfway through AFFC

Comment

Grown men watching Game of Thrones is a lol
                                                                        airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                          Grown men watching Game of Thrones is a lol
                                                                          'splain please

Comment

For anyone following NBA. Golden State Warriors are currently battling Clevaland Cavaliers 58-59 in q3 of game 5. Series is currently tied 2-2 and this game is as the previous games neck and neck. Wonderful to watch from a neutral perceptive!
                                                                            No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                              'splain please
                                                                              Full of gays and dragons. For kids imo.
                                                                              airport, lol

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                                                  For anyone following NBA. Golden State Warriors are currently battling Clevaland Cavaliers 58-59 in q3 of game 5. Series is currently tied 2-2 and this game is as the previous games neck and neck. Wonderful to watch from a neutral perceptive!
                                                                                  Let's go warriors obviously. I watch whatever I can of the finals every year and maybe the previous stage. I tell myself each year I will watch the full season the following year. This year I will though
                                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                    Where do people look to live in Dublin these days?

Say a cousin of yours is moving to Dublin, where do you tell them to look and what kinda dineros are they looking at spending/

Sharing - location - cost?
                                                                                    Own place - locations - cost?
                                                                                    It's tough going trying to find a decent 2bed house within an 'acceptable commute' distance from the city! At any rent at all tbh.

Has to be a house (and probably not a share!) as there's a dog involved apparently :S

Comment

Anyone watching Johnathan Strange and Mr Norrell? It's warming up nicely. Last night's episode was particularly dark. They are sticking closely to the book and doing a great job of it.
                                                                                      "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                        Anyone watching Johnathan Strange and Mr Norrell? It's warming up nicely. Last night's episode was particularly dark. They are sticking closely to the book and doing a great job of it.
                                                                                        Is it better to read the book first?

Comment

Burton's attempted 'heave' was fairly pathetic

Comment

Originally posted by DMMurray View Post
                                                                                            Is it better to read the book first?
                                                                                            Well we're only 5 episodes in but so far I'd say there's no need to read the book first. Everything is present and correct in the show.
                                                                                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                              Well we're only 5 episodes in but so far I'd say there's no need to read the book first. Everything is present and correct in the show.
                                                                                              I'm saving it up for future viewing, how many episodes are scheduled?
                                                                                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                I'm saving it up for future viewing, how many episodes are scheduled?
                                                                                                Seven I think.

Comment

Yo, Science bitches!

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

It's tough going trying to find a decent 2bed house within an 'acceptable commute' distance from the city! At any rent at all tbh.

Has to be a house (and probably not a share!) as there's a dog involved apparently :S
                                                                                                    You will probably have to go Northside unfortunately.

What is an "acceptable commute"? Where is the commute to and what is the budget for rent?

Without that it is hard to advise anything!

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                                                                                                      You will probably have to go Northside unfortunately.

What is an "acceptable commute"? Where is the commute to and what is the budget for rent?

Without that it is hard to advise anything!
                                                                                                      Acceptable < 40 min drive to city centre.
                                                                                                      Max rent probably €1700pm, but €1300/€1400 is the range they're looking apparently.
                                                                                                      Dog is going to be the issue :S
                                                                                                      Last edited by Emmet; 15-06-15, 12:43.

Comment

Weakest GOT episode ever?

Comment

Acceptable < 40 min drive to city centre.
                                                                                                          Max rent probably €1700pm, but €1300/€1400 is the range they're looking apparently.
                                                                                                          Dog is going to be the issue :S
                                                                                                          I don't know much about the Northside but a 2 bed gaff in Stillorgan or Blackrock should be around 1500. That would seem to fit the criteria.

To be honest renting is just a massive pain in the hole now, I would hate to be looking again.

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
                                                                                                            Weakest GOT episode ever?
                                                                                                            Have the dragons shown up yet?

Them some slow assed dragons there!

Comment

John Oliver had a go at Jack Warner(Former FIFA executive) which led to Warner actually engaging with him in a back and fourth spat. This is the latest reply from Oliver which is class.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Opr

Comment

well

Comment

well
                                                                                                                  Going to a concert in lolCork tonight. Taking herself to an Italian place she likes for T. I is excite at the possibilities on the menu. Simple aul life.

Comment

Dom wtf have you done with the site!?

In response to Emmet.

Inchicore. Need to get boots on the ground though. Bulfin road and goldenbridge Ave are fine. Other areas not so nice. Fuck all decent restaurants around but plenty of parks/canal for dog walking.
                                                                                                                    Last edited by V for Vendetta; 15-06-15, 14:54.
                                                                                                                    ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post

In response to Emmet.

Inchicore. Need to get boots on the ground though. Bulfin road and goldenbridge Ave are fine. Other areas not so nice. Fuck all decent restaurants around but plenty of parks/canal for dog walking.
                                                                                                                      Inchicore? Really?

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post

In response to Emmet.

What's not working for you?

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                                          What's not working for you?
                                                                                                                          well

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X