X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
    Knew there was something I needed to do today
    Hope you had an early night last night! Although knowing ye, ye are probably dying
    Her sky-ness
    © 5starpool

Comment

Good luck DP. Stiff upper lip.
      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Best of luck today DP.

As my mother said to me on the morning of mine..."you don't have to do it if you don't want to"
        This too shall pass.

Comment

Upcoming Gin & Tonic fest in Dublin should be a good excuse to get high titty in town despite the fact there's only three local gins being promoted.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post
            Upcoming Gin & Tonic fest in Dublin should be a good excuse to get high titty in town despite the fact there's only three local gins being promoted.
            Oh my. IPB table imo.

Comment

Last chance saloon for entrants to the Royal Ascot tipping comp.

750 guaranteed and a few others faffing about.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                Oh my. IPB table imo.
                Here are the various deals on offer.

<smacks lips>

Damn, is it too early for gin?
                Last edited by BennyHiFi; 13-06-15, 10:53.

Comment

Originally posted by darwinatemyhamster View Post
                  I'm guessing that this might be a bit of a dummy run to gauge interest. If figures are good, I can see them going with a series when Alan Carr isn't doing his Friday night thing.

I'm probably completely wrong though.
                  Not a fan of Alan Carr at all. I'm guessing Graham Norton has the Friday night viewership locked up anyway. But I would watch Chris Evans if he makes it back properly.

Comment

So here's my week: Wednesday I check into Sports Surgery Clinic in Santry. Thursday I have bilateral total hip replacement. That makes me sound old, but the surgery is required for a hip condition I was diagnosed with in my early 20's. Anyway, the surgery takes 6 hours, which is a good bit longer than normal. They say Day 1 after surgery is tough, and they weren't kidding. Two sessions of physiotherapy already, where the aim is to start walking with crutches. Second session is so difficult I nearly pass out. This was without a doubt the most difficult day in my life.
                    Then, later on, the night nurse takes away my piss bottle (not the real medical name of this utensil, obviously) and tells me if I want to urinate, I have to make it to the toilet using the crutches. The bitch. I protest quite a bit because I've ony been able to take a few steps without almost passing out, but she's having none of it. So I try to hold it for a while, but eventually I have to attempt the trip. And with some help from said nurse, I make it there and back, with just a bit of shakiness. This was a tiny little victory, but I wake up today in a completely different frame of mind. Everything is easier today, and I now have no problem with the crutches. Still a long road to recovery though (staggered: 6 weeks - 3 months - 6 months - 1 year - 2 years).

Comment

Last night had the heaviest Garda presence I've seen in town, Scottish match hardly merited that?

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                        Last night had the heaviest Garda presence I've seen in town, Scottish match hardly merited that?
                        Wonder do they just have the same team of people all on for today's game that worked last weekend. I was at the England game and I've never seen Garda presence like it in my life for a football game. You couldn't even get a pint before the match as they stopped the pubs serving till bang on half 12. You would have thought Scotland would be a whole other story though.

I'm watching back bits of TFI Friday. Watching the supergroup sing 'My Generation'. That is the best I have heard Liam's voice sound in many, many years.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by DMMurray View Post
                          So here's my week: Wednesday I check into Sports Surgery Clinic in Santry. Thursday I have bilateral total hip replacement. That makes me sound old, but the surgery is required for a hip condition I was diagnosed with in my early 20's. Anyway, the surgery takes 6 hours, which is a good bit longer than normal. They say Day 1 after surgery is tough, and they weren't kidding. Two sessions of physiotherapy already, where the aim is to start walking with crutches. Second session is so difficult I nearly pass out. This was without a doubt the most difficult day in my life.
                          Then, later on, the night nurse takes away my piss bottle (not the real medical name of this utensil, obviously) and tells me if I want to urinate, I have to make it to the toilet using the crutches. The bitch. I protest quite a bit because I've ony been able to take a few steps without almost passing out, but she's having none of it. So I try to hold it for a while, but eventually I have to attempt the trip. And with some help from said nurse, I make it there and back, with just a bit of shakiness. This was a tiny little victory, but I wake up today in a completely different frame of mind. Everything is easier today, and I now have no problem with the crutches. Still a long road to recovery though (staggered: 6 weeks - 3 months - 6 months - 1 year - 2 years).
                          Sounds tough, but recovery is probably easier in your 30's than your 70's. Hope it all goes well anyhow Derek.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                            Could have been, the Glasgow match in November wasn't exactly the sweetness and light that was reported, quite an undercurrent of cuntishness from the home fans. Maybe there was talk of some measure of revenge from the Irish. Also if any of the Scots went out in club colours or sang club songs (and that club is Rangers or Hearts) then theres always a chance that some of the townsfolk here may take unkindly to it.

Bohs and Rovers also last night, not sure if that would be an added factor.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                              Called out at 7.30am for a database problem. But it's ok because there's a kitty purring beside me while I work.
                              That's how Blofeld got started.
                              Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Best of luck with the recovery. Take this time to catch up on some boxsets !
                                This too shall pass.

Comment

enjoy the day. He's not a dead parrot he's just stunned.

Comment

@Oleras...are you still looking for a soft top? You can have my Z3 for €1500 if you like. It's just sitting there, unlikely to be ever used again.

Comment

In the space of 5 years my sister lost both her legs and also developed breast cancer(beat it off) She refuses to stay in a wheelchair and took on minding a 2 year old last weekend for her daughter despite the fact that her hubby is in pallitive care. She's never done apologising for holding people up . I got manup flu last Jan and it nearly killed me If a zero legged cancer survivor can make her way I think you can. (not sure about me though, that manflu is tough)

Comment

The quote reply is borked it seems ?

zuutroy. Can you send me on a few pics ? Ill pm my email to you.
                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                          The quote reply is borked it seems ?

zuutroy. Can you send me on a few pics ? Ill pm my email to you.
                                          testing

Edit: seems fine to me?

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                            testing

Edit: seems fine to me?
                                            Testing.

edit: ok, that worked. Last attempt had just half the quoted text and none of my reply.
                                            This too shall pass.

Comment

GL DP have a great day
                                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Hopefully this match today will be much better than the game last weekend. I don't think we'll win though as we rarely do win these matches so I think it'll be a 1-1 draw as we always seem to draw these type of games.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                  GL DP have a great day
                                                  Dwight from the Office revealed the childhood stories of the Struwwelpeter , I had a good laugh. I presume you took your alias from that book? If so, why did you spell it differently ?

Comment

Fair play Dave Grohl.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                      We're pretty damn poor in most areas, find it hard to even get semi excited for our games anymore, Trap slowed down the decline for an admirably long time but cant see much hope for us for the forseeable future.

Not a great deal between us and Scotland, would say the match would see a large variety of different results if played over a big sample so could just boil down to who's hungrier or lucky this evening. Scottish camp seems slightly more spirited imo.
                                                      Worst Irish squad I can identify since before 1970 tbh. McCarthy strikes me as someone playing for Ireland who doesn't give a bollix.

But I'll still be roaring them on today. And fuck Scotland. Cunt nation who didn't have the balls to vote for their independence.
                                                      "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Sounds tough, but recovery is probably easier in your 30's than your 70's. Hope it all goes well anyhow Derek.
                                                        Thanks Dom. For the record I'm actually 42, which is probably higher than the median age here (which I'm guessing is about 35-38). But you're right - double replacements are usually only performed on younger people because the recovery is quite tough.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                          In the space of 5 years my sister lost both her legs and also developed breast cancer(beat it off) She refuses to stay in a wheelchair and took on minding a 2 year old last weekend for her daughter despite the fact that her hubby is in pallitive care. She's never done apologising for holding people up . I got manup flu last Jan and it nearly killed me If a zero legged cancer survivor can make her way I think you can. (not sure about me though, that manflu is tough)
                                                          Yeah, in the early days after I was diagnosed with my hip problem, I tried to never complain too much about it because I knew there were always people who had it much more difficult. Probably the worst thing that happened to me was that I had to give up all field sports, and that was mentally quite tough because I played a lot of hurling in those days. But that's a tiny complaint compared to what your sister has clearly had to go through. She sounds like a remarkable woman. Respect.

Comment

Best of luck with the recovery. Take this time to catch up on some boxsets !
                                                            Thanks mate. I have a back-log on Netflix including Better Call Saul and a ton of others, so I'm sorted on that note.

Comment

Thanks Dom. For the record I'm actually 42, which is probably higher than the median age here (which I'm guessing is about 35-38). But you're right - double replacements are usually only performed on younger people because the recovery is quite tough.
                                                              42 is a great age...
                                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

Fair play Dave Grohl.
                                                                I saw the videos and stuff doing the rounds last night. There's one video of him lying on the ground telling fans he will be back after hospital. A really fucking cool guy.

Also this:

Comment

Arise Sir Van the Man

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/vanmorrisonofficialFacebook https://www.facebook.com/vanmorrisonofficial?ref=ts&fref=ts* Van Morrison - vocals, acoustic ...

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Last edited by Closed_Account; 13-06-15, 13:59. Reason: Ahhhh not on for 2 hours!

Comment

Watching the Champions League magazine show and there was a nice bit of trivia. One I didn't know the answer to but found interesting. May be obvious to others.

Iniesta became the second player to play in and win 4 different CL finals. Who is the other player?

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
                                                                        Yarp. Probably wait til closer to KO.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                          Watching the Champions League magazine show and there was a nice bit of trivia. One I didn't know the answer to but found interesting. May be obvious to others.

Iniesta became the second player to play in and win 4 different CL finals. Who is the other player?
                                                                          Aul Clarence.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                            Dwight from the Office revealed the childhood stories of the Struwwelpeter , I had a good laugh. I presume you took your alias from that book? If so, why did you spell it differently ?
                                                                            Its a mispelling of one of the English language versions, Mark Twain's I think. I picked up a copy of the Heinrich Hoffmann original in a bring and buy sale when I was a small kid, I loved it and it freaked everyone else out. I used it as an alias since before the internet It fits with second name and the way my hair grows straight up.

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
                                                                              They'll all be listed here, http://firstrowusa.eu/ Just click on the Ireland game. Link 2 is usually the best.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                                Aul Clarence.
                                                                                Yeah thought that one may have been too obvious to some.

Comment

Yeah thought that one may have been too obvious to some.
                                                                                  Yeah, he was the original quiz question. Bit of a legend.

Comment

My Bro in law got them both replaced when he was about your age eh was back to normal after about 4 months.
                                                                                    My father got one done in his early 70's and it took him a few years to recover properly, he put off getting the other one done and that left him completely fecked with pain and bed ridden.

Comment

My Da got his first hip done about 10 years ago and they left one leg longer that the other.

They did the second one and gave him MRSA that leaks daily out of his leg.

One day I will find that surgeon and chop his hands off, cunt.

Comment

Given, Coleman, Brady, Wilson, O'Shea, McCarthy, Whelan, Hendrick, Hoolahan, Walters, Murphy

Marshall, Hutton, Forsyth, Martin, Mulgrew, Maloney, Morrison, Brown, S.Fletcher, Naismith, Ritchie

Comment

If Ireland were to find themselves a goal up with 30 mins to go would it be worth driving on for a 2nd for the sake of the head2head?

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                                            Given, Coleman, Brady, Wilson, O'Shea, McCarthy, Whelan, Hendrick, Hoolahan, Walters, Murphy

Marshall, Hutton, Forsyth, Martin, Mulgrew, Maloney, Morrison, Brown, S.Fletcher, Naismith, Ritchie
                                                                                            ffs, what does Long have to do to get a start! Is he injured or on bench?

Comment

Team doesn't make much sense to me. How does Given start?!? Murphy ahead of Long is ridic.

Given
                                                                                              Coleman - O'Shea - Wilson - Brady
                                                                                              Whelan - McCarthy - Hendrick
                                                                                              Walters ------------------------- Hoolahan
                                                                                              Murphy

Comment

ffs, what does Long have to do to get a start! Is he injured or on bench?
                                                                                                Consistently be good at football
                                                                                                airport, lol

Comment

This may interest a few soccer/Kerry heads here. Kerry win their first Kennedy cup beating 30 time champions Dublin. Some achievement for the young lads. Fair play.

THE Kerry Under 14 soccer team received a great welcome home to Tralee last night after their Kennedy Cup heroics. Despite the driving rain, friends and families of the youngsters gathered in Denny Street to welcome the lads after they beat Dublin and District Schoolboy League (DDSL) 1-0 in the …

Comment

Originally posted by darwinatemyhamster View Post
                                                                                                    If Ireland were to find themselves a goal up with 30 mins to go would it be worth driving on for a 2nd for the sake of the head2head?
                                                                                                    Not really, should be 3rd minimum if we win today.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                      Consistently be good at football
                                                                                                      He's better than Murphy anyway and bailed us out against Poland. Deserves a start and let Robbie be the "super sub".

Comment

FFS. Redic selection, when the fuck will Ireland accept Long for what he is, an outlet,the only real pace we have, an absolute workhorse, and at this stage head and shoulders our best striking option. Murphy. Are you fucking kidding.

Comment

Murphy to score first goal.
                                                                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Saving Long for the playoffs. Very astute thinking by MON

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                              Arise Sir Van the Man

Youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/vanmorrisonofficialFacebook https://www.facebook.com/vanmorrisonofficial?ref=ts&fref=ts* Van Morrison - vocals, acoustic ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-lOyh5wBEk
                                                                                                              Into the mystic should be your first clip .

Comment

Murphy to score first goal.
                                                                                                                Yep. Scotland more than one first half corner 10/11 too.

Comment

HD Stream http://connectcast.tv/lock/izaakf44

Password is EIRE123

Comment

Lets go

Comment

Oh flower of Scotland, how did ye Vote ?

Comment

Does anyone know if the Kildare Laois match is going to be shown live on TV anywhere?

Comment

First time Lansdowne has an intimidating fortress feel since the redevelopment.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X