This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
    Greek endgame in progress. Very little comment from SF, AAA, SP expressing confidence in their soul brothers which is telling.
    What will happen in the short term to Greek people?

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
      Sorry, just ran a long overdue database upgrade that probably kicked everyone off for a few mins. Should be ok now though.
      Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
      When i thank a post, this madness happens. Did you forget to connect a wire or something?

I am getting the same as FD and also get this message when I quoted the post.

Using the Metallic Infusion skin in Chrome.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Editing posts also out of order...

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
              Don't thank this post!

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                What will happen in the short term to Greek people?
                Their savings will be worth less. Theyll lose value on their social welfare benefits. The economy will take another hit but might start to rebound in 2-3 years time driven by tourists and a low cost base.

Some people will emigrate and others will stay going.

At the margins more people will go hungry, suicide will rise, and the world will carry on not giving a fuck.
                ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Comment

Looking for a little help if anyone can.

My boss has taken over a plastics company, injection moulding. He's put me in charge of running it, and given me targets to hit.

We make small plastic components for various different industries and I'm looking to find new avenues for new products.

If anyone knows of anybody looking for somebody to manufacture plastic products for them, give me a whistle, or any budding entrepreneurs looking to get an idea to market. I may be able to help.

Pm me if you know of anybody.
                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                      Their savings will be worth less. Theyll lose value on their social welfare benefits. The economy will take another hit but might start to rebound in 2-3 years time driven by tourists and a low cost base.

Some people will emigrate and others will stay going.

At the margins more people will go hungry, suicide will rise, and the world will carry on not giving a fuck.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                          Blessed are the Greek. (can't EDIT post)
                          ( site is as mad as a bag of CHDs)

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

My boss has taken over a plastics company, injection moulding. He's put me in charge of running it, and given me targets to hit.

We make small plastic components for various different industries and I'm looking to find new avenues for new products.
                            Seems a strange business to buy when 3D printing is on the verge of crushing the industry?

Comment

If anyone knows of anybody looking for somebody to manufacture plastic products for them, give me a whistle, or any budding entrepreneurs looking to get an idea to market. I may be able to help.

can you make me a green plastic watering can for my fake chinese rubber plant? (with if possible fake plastic earth)

Comment

Comment

How often would you have sex? Maybe its the pregnancy thing but I guess its been at least a few months since spurting.
                                  You're not a binge drinker!

Comment

Comment

What do you mean?!
                                      I mean you're not a binge drinker!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                          Seems a strange business to buy when 3D printing is on the verge of crushing the industry?
                                          We originally rented some floor space off the company to expand manufacturing blinds, but when they ran into difficulty my boss decided to take the lot. We're mainly making blinds but have four injection moulding machines that came with the deal.

Boss got a really good deal on it, if I can squeez value out of them before they're obsolete he'll be happy with that. His main investment is in the floor space really.

Comment

But I'm a .... ?
                                            You're a big boy, figure it out for yourself!

Comment

Comment

selling a hybrid bike and got a PM asking if I could provide paypal details, hmm sure.
                                                Then an email to pay transport pickup costs and be re-embursed. Address in Nigeria and one in Romania. The fuckers aren't even trying here. meh reported dacunts anyhoo.

Comment

Comment

Its not even close to 'crushing' or even competing with injection moulding!

Now the metals stuff on the other hand should have conventional machine shops very worried indeed.
                                                    May you live in interesting times!

Comment

How often would you have sex? Maybe its the pregnancy thing but I guess its been at least a few months since spurting.
                                                      Dropped the young lad to school. I was having a pleasant cup of coffee catching up on the Greek crisis and the technical woes of the site , duly spat half said coffee across the table having read this . I like drunk hitch.

Comment

Originally posted by bp_me View Post
                                                        Its not even close to 'crushing' or even competing with injection moulding!

Now the metals stuff on the other hand should have conventional machine shops very worried indeed.
                                                        No? Definitely an ill informed opinion. The headlines I have been breezing by have misled me.

Comment

Don't think 3D can every really threaten the economies of scale of traditional manufacturing? it's only really best for one off/small runs, no?

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZX4i3UAPdo

This is one of the most awkward & cringey videos I've ever seen. Nothing actually happens, but every second longer it goes on it gets worse.
                                                            I've been a little bit sceptical about Grexit actually happening and was often tempted to post a retort your and RD3's weekly prediction of imminent chaos.
                                                            But that video is the most convincing thing I've seen that the moment is close at hand.

The only person in the whole minute who makes eye contact with him is right at the end and he looks like someone offering condolences at a funeral!
                                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

No? Definitely an ill informed opinion. The headlines I have been breezing by have misled me.
                                                              Think of an injection molding process thats basic enough like plastic forks and spoons, non medical grade stuff. An IMM, injection molding machine, can pump out 32/64 of these every 2-3 seconds. They run 24/7/365 with the bare minimum of maintenance, very few moving parts and they last 30+ years.

No 3D printer could come close to large volume manufacturing like that.

Where the 3D will come into its own it one off stuff, design on desktop and a few hours later you have your piece. Noone will drop serious bucks anymore making one off tools for molding, they can range from 40-100k each.
                                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                Don't think 3D can every really threaten the economies of scale of traditional manufacturing? it's only really best for one off/small runs, no?
                                                                This.

Where i work we would produce ~21MM injection molded pieces every 24hrs !
                                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                  There's a lot of stuff going on in the AM space at the moment and it is a major part of the 'factories of the future' research theme that's big across Europe right now.

There are some significant advantages over conventional manufacturing and while the technique is best suited to high margin low volume parts it can be applied to something close to mass production.

Examples: Airbus will be printing about 32 Tonnes of parts next year. GE have printed parts going into the next generation of jet engine for short haul (737, a320) planes. The big uptake at the moment is in aerospace and bio-med but expect to see it becoming more and more popular as the technology continues to mature.

Now all of that is for metals. You can do similar for plastics but most of the plastics stuff you see headlines about are really just toys. The production level stuff is fine but it's really really hard to compete with the economies of scale if you are producing enough parts to switch to a moulding process (which might not be that many parts per week depending on the complexity of your components).
                                                                  May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Jazz giant Ornette Coleman died yesterday aged 85.

Anyone with a taste for the avant-garde will appreciate how he challenged music and came to influence it massively.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                                                                    Last edited by BennyHiFi; 12-06-15, 10:24.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZX4i3UAPdo

This is one of the most awkward & cringey videos I've ever seen. Nothing actually happens, but every second longer it goes on it gets worse.
                                                                      I've been a little bit sceptical about Grexit actually happening and was often tempted to post a retort your and RD3's weekly prediction of imminent chaos.
                                                                      But that video is the most convincing thing I've seen that the moment is close at hand.

The only person in the whole minute who makes eye contact with him is right at the end and he looks like someone offering condolences at a funeral!

Comment

Back in the Ireland and the County Town tonight. Will be good to enjoy some decent food. Its 28degrees plus in Calgary though so missing that. Its relatively ok here in London.

Reckon Im going to be asked to move here to work. Really dislike London though.
                                                                        This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                        All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                        The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                          Think of an injection molding process thats basic enough like plastic forks and spoons, non medical grade stuff. An IMM, injection molding machine, can pump out 32/64 of these every 2-3 seconds. They run 24/7/365 with the bare minimum of maintenance, very few moving parts and they last 30+ years.

No 3D printer could come close to large volume manufacturing like that.

Where the 3D will come into its own it one off stuff, design on desktop and a few hours later you have your piece. Noone will drop serious bucks anymore making one off tools for molding, they can range from 40-100k each.
                                                                          Our operation is a LOT smaller than that.

Moulds while still prohibitively expensive for experimentation cost us in the region of 5k.

Comment

Our operation is a LOT smaller than that.

Moulds while still prohibitively expensive for experimentation cost us in the region of 5k.
                                                                            Can you make moving plastic parts?

Comment

Last chance saloon for Royal Ascot tipping comp entries.

The easiest
                                                                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

They're fucked, no matter what.

At least if they make the break themselves, Syriza can probably sell it to the Greeks as some kind of heroic 'sticking it to da Man' gesture. And then they can become another Serbia for fifty years or so.

Comment

Turns out age of parents has a big role in risk of autism, not only that difference in age between parents also increases it. Lastly nutrition has a huge effect, with 90% of mothers D3 deficient, 50% iron deficient etc. Age one was surprising.

Comment

They're fucked, no matter what.

At least if they make the break themselves, Syriza can probably sell it to the Greeks as some kind of heroic 'sticking it to da Man' gesture. And then they can become another Serbia for fifty years or so.
                                                                                    EVEN if they get another bailout, they've scarred Greece.

Comment

Styling Sinn Fein/ IRA as the Sinn Fein / Syriza coalition at every available opportunity during the forthcoming election campaign will be great craic

Comment

EVEN if they get another bailout, they've scarred Greece.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articl...e-man-s-gamble
                                                                                        One thing I would say is that debt writedown should be put on the table now - in return for reform and other promises of good behaviour. Reading between the lines, the IMF are equally pissed with the EU's refusal to do this (due to a fear of 1, how it would play with domestic audiences and 2, encouraging other Syriza wannabe headbangers, especially Podemos)

At some stage there will be a HUGE writeoff, the only question is under what circumstances.

Comment

The value of a thanks went up ten fold.
                                                                                          X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                                                                            The value of a thanks went up ten fold.
                                                                                            The

Comment

Place falling apart! Dont try put a euro sign in a post!

Comment

IPB Bailout

Comment

I'm a bit drunk, but feel confident I'll do this
                                                                                                  You are a "functioning alcoholic".

Don't let the name put you off its not so bad.

Comment

Give me a shout. I work for a plastics company. Can put you in touch with some of the guys here.

Comment

He's a drunk. Alcoholics go to meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                                                                                        He's a drunk. Alcoholics go to meetings.
                                                                                                        For a drunk, he's very good at spelling and punctuation.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                          Styling Sinn Fein/ IRA as the Sinn Fein / Syriza coalition at every available opportunity during the forthcoming election campaign will be great craic
                                                                                                          Syriza Fein for brevity imo.

Martinos McGuinnagopolous

Comment

For a drunk, he's very good at spelling and punctuation.
                                                                                                            Academia provides a higher quality drunk.

Comment

So contesting the next election we have Fianna Failed, Syriza Fein and Fine Gayle (after the referendum, it has to be).

Require new name for Labour.

Comment

Where do people look to live in Dublin these days?

Say a cousin of yours is moving to Dublin, where do you tell them to look and what kinda dineros are they looking at spending/

Sharing - location - cost?
                                                                                                                Own place - locations - cost?

Comment

Introduced somebody to pomegranate, they are addicted. Vive le pomegranate.

Comment

Where do people look to live in Dublin these days?

Say a cousin of yours is moving to Dublin, where do you tell them to look and what kinda dineros are they looking at spending/

Sharing - location - cost?
                                                                                                                    Own place - locations - cost?
                                                                                                                    I am sharing with a mate in Grand Canal Dock. I have a double room en suite in a 2 bed apartment and paying a very low €600 a month. Typically looking at around €800 a month for a room in the area.

Comment

Eh, note to self, don't do upgrades of things just before you go to bed. I'll get on the new 'features' once I get home. It'll give me something to do for the evening anyhow.

Comment

So contesting the next election we have Fianna Failed, Syriza Fein and Fine Gayle (after the referendum, it has to be).

Require new name for Labour.
                                                                                                                        Labore
                                                                                                                        His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Just got a proforma invoice and it has two bank accounts at the bottom, can I just pay into either? Confusing. Also the whole document is in german which adds to the charm.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X