This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
    .........Everyone else ignored it, I stopped for a gawk unsure of whether to take action or youtube it for prosperity........
    Planning to get rich from the potential youtube video?

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
          I'll do it! Is it soon? My polymath office buddy* is also a rather fine gourmand so will be the font of our shared knowledge. Double checking with more seasoned professionals. I'll have to stock your car up with cider if you pass through in any case.

* he's being a bit of a winner. Possible best office companion ever. Last week he found me somewhere to live that we are moving into on Monday. Today he impersonated me at the townhall and got our kid enrolled in school.
          Sunday 5th July. This will be after a drive from Roscoff (and probably a sleepless night ).
          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
            My knee is too bad to do hell and back on saturday, raging.

In happier news ben and jerry's are making vegan ice cream now.

In tv news, peaky blinders is a class series.
            Watched series 1 on Netflix over the weekend. Really enjoyed it.

Comment

Originally posted by cardshark202 View Post
              Planning to get rich from the potential youtube video?
              Just think how much you would have made by now if you had monetised that infamous video you starred in
              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

@Andy, did you catch last nights South Bank show on Sky Arts with GRRM?

Just watched it there, excellent hour of TV. What a really cool guy.

Was searching sky for a repeat but couldn't find one.
                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                  Starting a new job near Ringsend and not too familiar with streets etc around there. I think driving will be the handiest, can anyone recommend where I could park all day and isn't overly expensive?
                  There are some free places on Irishtown road and even on Tritonville Road also. Most of the streets around Ringsend village are Pay-and-Display, so you might have to go as far as Sandymount to get a free spot. Do a recky around the area before you start and you will be surprised how many free places there are. Lots of staff from Vincents Hospital park all day long around St.John's church area, and never have a problem.

Comment

Oh jasus im stuffed.

Ribs, marinaded overnight in a basic enough rub. Smoked for 3 hours with maple chips, covered in foil for a further 2 hours with a drop of apple juice then the final 30 mins unwrapped to firm up. temp didnt get over 110.
                    This smoker thing uses a water bath as a buffer between the firepit and the grills, great way to keep a stable low temp.

Beef short ribs, these just had a salt and pepper rub applied before they went into the smoker, same dealio as the pork really, 3-2-1 method, 3 hours smoking, 2 hours wrapped in foil getting the internal temps up and the last hour uncovered. these were way overdone imo, next time i will drop the time or not bother with the wrapping, trial and error.

They were tender as fuck though, the bones fell out as i was lifting them off the grill. I had to have a corner to try it, the smoke ring is seemingly a good sign, something to do with nitric acid in the meat coming in contact with the smoke, not unlike the maillard reaction i would assume.

This too shall pass.

Comment

Someone call an ambulance for Tar.

Comment

That looks awesome

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                          That looks awesome
                          Yes Doc, salads...lots of leafy green salads....
                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Civic duty done. Couldn't stick around to see how it played out. Though he had gotten off her shortly after I made the call and they were all having the chats.
                            I got called a wonderful insult on Monday night. Was walking through Temple Bar and some stupid little bitch, about 14 I'd say, had just set fire to 3 bags of rubbish outside (at least one seemed full of paper) with one of them lying up against the front door of a place.

I have no idea if it's possible for a door to go up like that, but I went in to a nearby cafe and myself and an employee came out with basins of water and put it out. Passing the brain trust of friends I called her a fucking eejit I think.

"G'wan ye geriatric!! was the insult I got back.

Non-zero possibility that I misheard it, but fairly sure I did, more likely that the person perhaps doesn't know what the word geriatric means. Or maybe someone in their 30s is a geriatric to a teenager. Either way it was the most spiffing insult. Will enquire about OAP fuel allowance this week I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                              @Andy, did you catch last nights South Bank show on Sky Arts with GRRM?

Just watched it there, excellent hour of TV. What a really cool guy.

Was searching sky for a repeat but couldn't find one.
                              I did not. Will have to find it. He is indeed an interesting figure.
                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                I got called a wonderful insult on Monday night. Was walking through Temple Bar and some stupid little bitch, about 14 I'd say, had just set fire to 3 bags of rubbish outside (at least one seemed full of paper) with one of them lying up against the front door of a place.

I have no idea if it's possible for a door to go up like that, but I went in to a nearby cafe and myself and an employee came out with basins of water and put it out. Passing the brain trust of friends I called her a fucking eejit I think.

Non-zero possibility that I misheard it, but fairly sure I did, more likely that the person perhaps doesn't know what the word geriatric means. Or maybe someone in their 30s is a geriatric to a teenager. Either way it was the most spiffing insult. Will enquire about OAP fuel allowance this week I think.
                                Lot of youths are like that, think anyone over 22 is really old, I'll give her the benefit of the doubt. Funny how much your perception of age changes as you get older.

I mean, I'm defo way off finding Helen Mirren in a bikini attractive, but find it hard to fathom how some of my sibblings are past 40 when I remember being at a friends parents 40th when I was 12 and thought they were pretty ancient.

Anyhow, I'm not sure whether I shared this here, but I did on facebook recently, was enroute to the Lighthouse.

'Heard an urban youth shouting over at some man in Smithfield earlier 'YORE WIFES ONLY WIT YA CUZ YOU'VEA HIGH INCOME!'
                                Evolution of scanger insults'
                                X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Comment

minecraft is an odd one, looks like a game of early 90's quality

Comment

Nightcrew clock in before 2am

Comment

Nightcrew clock in before 2am

S'up. What did u have for Tea m8?
                                        No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Jam-Fly here, and I'll be with you till the early hours of Thursday morning.
                                          Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post
                                            what time are you on now?
                                            No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

There will be a few verbal warnings going out tomorrow eve.

I had salmon and a baked potato, wbu, neT?

Comment

There will be a few verbal warnings going out tomorrow eve.

I had salmon and a baked potato, wbu, neT?
                                                Is it not Thursday morning already in ireland?

Had chicken panini, coffee and a couple gummy bears, all from Starbucks... Was delicious.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                  what time are you on now?
                                                  the later earlier hours of Thursday morning
                                                  Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

the later earlier hours of Thursday morning
                                                    Oh that later earlier

What the headlines of the hour? Ours from America Is that a 7yo girl lemonade stand was closed down due to lack of permit.

Heath and Safety gone mad Ted!

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                      Oh that later earlier

What the headlines of the hour? Ours from America Is that a 7yo girl lemonade stand was closed down due to lack of permit.

Heath and Safety gone mad Ted!
                                                      The business world is a cruel mistress m8, no time for tyre kickers

Exact same thing happened to Bart and Lisa

[IMG]https://www.google.ie/search?q=bart+and+lisa+lemonade+stand&rlz=1CATAAB_ enIE640IE642&tbm=isch&imgil=6OG6tSs0jxL3cM%253A%25 3B_MKQovfBtwItoM%253Bhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fwww. simpsonsworld.com%25252Fvideo%25252F302409795678%2 5252Frelated%25252F302409795678&source=iu&pf=m&fir =6OG6tSs0jxL3cM%253A%252C_MKQovfBtwItoM%252C_&usg= __zy-zAXozosCIOh77WYzRVxAtbj4%3D&biw=1920&bih=945&ved=0 CDYQyjdqFQoTCO-ripfFhsYCFWhK2wod-z0Adg&ei=M-t4Va_GHuiU7Qb7-4CwBw#imgrc=6OG6tSs0jxL3cM%253A%3B_MKQovfBtwItoM%3 Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fstatic-media.fxx.com%252Fimg%252FFX_Networks_-_FXX%252F657%252F467%252FSimpsons_02_21_P2.jpg%253 Fresize%253D600%253A*%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.sim psonsworld.com%252Fvideo%252F302409795678%252Frela ted%252F302409795678%3B600%3B337[/IMG]

Comment

Making money in a corporation like McDonald's is not easy! Behind every burger there is a complex process you need to master: from pastures to the slaughterhouse, from restaurants to branding. You'll discover all the dirty secrets that made us one of the biggest company in the world.
                                                        airport, lol

Comment

I would sell my soul for a crack off those ribs.

Comment

Originally posted by shano1888 View Post
                                                            I would sell my soul for a crack off those ribs.
                                                            same as. saw the pics and thought FU Oleras, where would I get beef short ribs at 8am in Tallaght.

Comment

Donelly to start a new 'centre-left' party

Can anyone draw the Irish political spectrum?

Here's 2011, but I'm not sure that it's quite left enough! (Labour on the right of centre for instance!)

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                                                                Starting a new job near Ringsend and not too familiar with streets etc around there. I think driving will be the handiest, can anyone recommend where I could park all day and isn't overly expensive?
                                                                There is still free parking all over Ringsend. Behind the Spar shop in the village there is a road with free parking that is usually quiet. There is also a couple of roads just off the main road opposite the Tesco that are free.

You will have no hassle with free parking. Where is the job?

Comment

minecraft is an odd one, looks like a game of early 90's quality
                                                                  It's class. I love how you can build whatever the feck you want but then there are random guys blowing the shit out of it at night time and you have to cower in fear. Bit like living on the north side.

Comment

You couldn't make it up... Donnelly joins disaffected Labour

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                      You couldn't make it up... Donnelly joins disaffected Labour
                                                                      Meh, there'll be the compulsory split within 90 days.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                        Donelly to start a new 'centre-left' party

Here's 2011, but I'm not sure that it's quite left enough! (Labour on the right of centre for instance!)

Looks about right to me

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post

Attached Files

Comment

Comment

2nd half of extra-time starting in the Brazil v Uruguay game in the last 16 of the U20 World Cup on Eurosport.

Comment

...

Comment

25 years ago today. Wow, that's mad Ted:

It's amazing what you remember. Just at the start of this clip the way Packie gritted his teeth on the kick out ...

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

How Twitter would have reacted

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                    2nd half of extra-time starting in the Brazil v Uruguay game in the last 16 of the U20 World Cup on Eurosport.
                                                                                    As Chris Waddle would say "It's gone to a pelanty shootout"

Comment

Anyone able to recommend decent corporate/office catering in Dublin for some meetings that would impress clients? Presume most of the options I'm finding on Google aren't great.

Comment

Originally posted by White Knight View Post
                                                                                        25 years ago today. Wow, that's mad Ted:
                                                                                        Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                        Lot of youths are like that, think anyone over 22 is really old, I'll give her the benefit of the doubt. Funny how much your perception of age changes as you get older.

I mean, I'm defo way off finding Helen Mirren in a bikini attractive, but find it hard to fathom how some of my sibblings are past 40 when I remember being at a friends parents 40th when I was 12 and thought they were pretty ancient.
                                                                                        '
                                                                                        Give it time Helen will come to you when you are ready

I was at a funeral yesterday...yet another m8 who drank himself to death and was reminded again of something I notice as people around me get older.
                                                                                        Those who were adults when I was a kid looked like old men then, they are now in their 70's and 80's and still look the very same to me

Comment

Caught an advance preview of the Entourage movie the other night, if you liked the show you'll more than likely enjoy the movie, rehashed a few things but that might be for people who'll watch the movie without having seen the show, think they should've just left it at the show and not made the movie but it was good way to kill some time with a popcorn movie. Screening must've been like 90% full which I was a little surprised about.

Adrian Grenier, Kevin Connolly, Jerry Ferrara, Kevin Dillon and Jeremy Piven star in ENTOURAGE, in theaters June 5th! https://facebook.com/Entouragehttp://en...
                                                                                          "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                                            Caught an advance preview of the Entourage movie the other night, if you liked the show you'll more than likely enjoy the movie, rehashed a few things but that might be for people who'll watch the movie without having seen the show, think they should've just left it at the show and not made the movie but it was good way to kill some time with a popcorn movie. Screening must've been like 90% full which I was a little surprised about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGSE_XPF4_g
                                                                                            What would you rate it out of 54633?

Comment

Ringing around for a car insurance quote and really struggling to find anything decent.
                                                                                              What sort of value should your car have to make the fully comp worth it?
                                                                                              Liberty have me quoted at 770 for 3rd party and Axa/Liberty have me at 1100 fully comp.
                                                                                              Car is worth like 4.5k

Comment

Is there anywhere still selling the Moto G these days? Or is there another similarly good value phone available?

Comment

Originally posted by ITT-Pat View Post
                                                                                                  Is there anywhere still selling the Moto G these days? Or is there another similarly good value phone available?
                                                                                                  You can still get the first version on amazon.

Second version is readily available.
                                                                                                  May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Originally posted by Megatron View Post
                                                                                                    What would you rate it out of 54633?
                                                                                                    "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by thechamp87 View Post
                                                                                                      Anyone able to recommend decent corporate/office catering in Dublin for some meetings that would impress clients? Presume most of the options I'm finding on Google aren't great.
                                                                                                      KC Peaches do it as far as I know.
                                                                                                      His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGSE_XPF4_g
                                                                                                        I dont think i would pay cash money to see it, i will do a "PSV" on it i think.

Off to see Jurassic World @2pm, looking forward to that !
                                                                                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Time to get the hell out guys, Ruairi Quinn selling up. Must know somethings about to hit the fan....Nice gaff all the same.

http://www.myhome.ie/residential/bro...i-state=dialog

Comment

1.3m wtf? I would have been about a million off if I'd guessed the price from the pics.
                                                                                                            Last edited by Denny Crane; 11-06-15, 11:49.

Comment

RIP Sir Christopher Lee
                                                                                                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                                1.3m wtf? I would have been about a million off if I'd guessed the price from the pics.
                                                                                                                And that's nowhere near the biggest house on the seafront.

Comment

Not much time left to enter the Royal Ascot tipping comp.

1000€€€€€ up for grabs, maybe

Comment

Mad cows in Louth m8s

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                                                                      Mad cows in Louth m8s
                                                                                                                      You're telling me!

Comment

Originally posted by Megatron View Post
                                                                                                                        You're telling me!
                                                                                                                        I did m8 didn't I.

Comment

Falcao to Chelsea is apparently a done deal after Mourinho let it slip in an interview.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X