X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

surely
    Some bags under his eyes after the match. Looks fucked.
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
      Great win for Kerry. The reality however is that all of the top 2nd tier teams (Laois, Westmeath, Antrim, Kerry) need regular exposure to the top level teams or they'll never break through. Cheddar Plunkett is doing great stuff for Laois, I'd love to see them take Offaly. Some outstanding hurlers on their team.

@DMMurray. We've no chance against Wexford unless there is a massive capitulation and some red cards dished out. There's not many options on the bench and that's the main reason we lost to Laois. In fairness to Ryan he's got them playing well with a young squad. Hopefully we can develop some of these minors and U21s. Murtagh is probably the only lad hanging up the boots for the foreseeable.

Absolutely. The difference in pace between Kerry game and Galway Dub game was unreal. Leagues apart. Nice for some of the stalwarts in Kerry though who are the poor relations of the football boys.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
        I'm not in the least, it's just a several week thing for the lols.
        Are you trying to empathise with your gamblor patients?

I haven't eaten meat since Monday, seems like an age. I got dragged to KFC after pints last night. There isn't a lot in KFC apart from the Colonel's secret blend of tasty greacy spicy herby chicken. Had chips. Lot of chips.
        Last edited by Lord Sir Banter; 06-06-15, 21:03.
        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Didnt really see the pogba penalty incident again. Yay/nay..? Surely legal case in the making if yay?

Comment

Originally posted by BobSloane View Post
            Didnt really see the pogba penalty incident again. Yay/nay..? Surely legal case in the making if yay?
            Meh. Jostling like that happens all the time and is never penalised. He seemed to go down easy too. Get on with it imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
              Are you trying to empathise with your gamblor patients?

I haven't eaten meat since Monday, seems like an age. I got dragged to KFC after pints last night. There isn't a lot in KFC apart from the Colonel's secret blend of tasty greacy spicy herby chicken. Had chips. Lot of chips.
              Had tofu in a curry tonight for the first time. Was pleasantly surprised again. My curries with just vegetables psychologically seemed lacking a focus - literally, I would be normally be visually scanning for the chicken. The addition of tofu has solved that issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                She said alive or dead, not make believe!
                Ah heeeaaaooor. Fairly certain such a person existed about that time

The only two events subject to "almost universal assent" are that Jesus was baptized by John the Baptist and was crucified by the order of the Roman Prefect Pontius Pilate
                http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historicity_of_Jesus

Most of what he's thought to have done in the interim is probably bullshit, though I'd love to know if he actually did magic tricks, or if he was just misunderstood.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                  Ah heeeaaaooor. Fairly certain such a person existed about that time

Most of what he's thought to have done in the interim is probably bullshit, though I'd love to know if he actually did magic tricks, or if he was just misunderstood.
                  Reza Aslan has an excellent book on Jesus. It's really quite interesting. He definitely existed. Pretty much zero doubt about that one. Actually the first thing we even know about Jesus for sure is that he met John the Baptist. Until then we know sweet fuck all about him as a historical figure.
                  You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                  World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by DMMurray View Post
                    Taking this year as an example: Westmeath, Laois, Carlow and Antrim played in the preliminary round of Leinster (round-robin format), with the top two (Westmeath and Laois) progressing to the quarter finals of Leinster HC. Next year Kerry will play in this pre-lim round but if they finish in top two they go into the Munster SHC. This is different to Antrim, who would be in a Leinster QF if they finished in top two.

I stand to be corrected though, as it's all very messy.

Edit to add: Hoping for a huge shock tomorrow for Westmeath to beat Wexford in LSHQF. Can't see it happening, but dare to dream, and all that.
                    Thanks for this but I'm still none the wiser.

Comment

Boom!
                      Triple Crown
                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Mixed a load of piri piri sauce with mayonnaise, gonna dip some chips in there and see what the fuck happens.
                        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                          Mixed a load of piri piri sauce with mayonnaise, gonna dip some chips in there and see what the fuck happens.
                          I like the cut of your jib !

I got a nandos corn on the cob holder kit in argos to day with a bottle of sauce for the princely sum of 1.39.

Where else would you get it !
                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                            Thanks for this but I'm still none the wiser.
                            Ok, so at the moment, Kerry don't play in their own provincial hurling championship (Munster obv.) as they're deemed to be not strong enough. By winning the Christy Ring today they get into the preliminary round of the Leinster HC next year, so technically they're back in the Liam McCarthy. But if they qualify from that preliminary round they don't stay in Leinster (as a northern team would), they get back into Munster proper. Simple, right?

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                              Had tofu in a curry tonight for the first time. Was pleasantly surprised again. My curries with just vegetables psychologically seemed lacking a focus - literally, I would be normally be visually scanning for the chicken. The addition of tofu has solved that issue.
                              had a bad tofu experience before.
                              Gunna make a chilli of sorts soon though.

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                              I like the cut of your jib !

I got a nandos corn on the cob holder kit in argos to day with a bottle of sauce for the princely sum of 1.39.

Where else would you get it !
                              Booked

Comment

Ok, so at the moment, Kerry don't play in their own provincial hurling championship (Munster obv.) as they're deemed to be not strong enough. By winning the Christy Ring today they get into the preliminary round of the Leinster HC next year, so technically they're back in the Liam McCarthy. But if they qualify from that preliminary round they don't stay in Leinster (as a northern team would), they get back into Munster proper. Simple, right?
                                Sound. Makes more sense when it's dumbed down a bit, Ty. Crazy aul championship.

Comment

What a cracking condiment.

A condiamond.
                                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

had a bad tofu experience before.
                                    I have now discovered that I am one of those people who cannot properly digest tofu. Full of gas such that it is ruled out now. Sigh.

Comment

[QUOTE=Lord Sir Business;901648]had a bad tofu experience before.

Can emphasise with this. My ma went vegan when I was like 8 and I ate fuck all bar tofu, lentils and chickpeas for the next 3 years. Weekend dad gave me the odd Maccy D's alright, but seriously. Chickpeas be grand and lentils have been somewhat forgiven but tofu can fuck off.

Comment

m8s

Comment

m8s

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                            m8s
                                            What was for tea m8

Comment

What was for tea m8
                                              Made pizza m8. Had a just add water pizza dough thing in the cupboard. Just added water. Made a sauce from baby tomatoes, tomato puree, a green chilli pepper, water, parsley, thyme

We put red peppers, red onion, 'red' cheese, parmasian cheese.
                                              Had garlic bread too.

wbu m8

Comment

Made pizza m8. Had a just add water pizza dough thing in the cupboard. Just added water. Made a sauce from baby tomatoes, tomato puree, a green chilli pepper, water, parsley, thyme

We put red peppers, red onion, 'red' cheese, parmasian cheese.
                                                Had garlic bread too.

wbu m8
                                                The pic looks class m8 ta.

Went to McDonalds with Glenn at midnight.

Comment

The pic looks class m8 ta.

Went to McDonalds with Glenn at midnight.
                                                  what you get m8. And importantly, what did Glenn have?

Comment

what you get m8. And importantly, what did Glenn have?
                                                    Big Mac meal and mcnuggets. Glenn did the same. I had curry sauce, he had bbq.

Comment

Seems plenty of the scum who follow England have made it to Dublin.

Some Irish will boo God save the Queen and the Gardai will be busy boys tomorrow night, especially if we get any kind of result. Hopefully most have a ferry or plane to catch tomorrow.

Comment

Brag - had about $300 in my Stars account yesterday and kept spinning it up on hypers/ roulette to be freerolling about $1200 worth of bets on the CL Final

Beat - not a fukin single bet won

Varience - dumped about a monkey on roulette in Aquarium but sharing a taxi home with my mates 25yo hot teacher sister but cant move a muscle.

Comment

gnitem8s

Comment

Originally posted by Fiery Wasabi View Post
                                                            Hopefully one of you can give me some info on Malta....... Friend of mine's hubby wants to go on holidays there, but she thinks 3K for a week in August is way too steep.(even if it is all-incl 2 adults and one 10 year old).

So, one of you good gents kindly tell me,.....
                                                            Where's the best areas/resorts to stay.
                                                            How cheap/dear is it.
                                                            What to look out for.
                                                            Where would you stay.

Looking at you Iago please.

Thanks.
                                                            There are others here longer than me who might be able to chip in with some thoughts but make sure they don't book here anyway

The Pindars, mother Claire, father Mark, and children eight-year-old Louis and six-year-old Sid, had booked an eight-day all-inclusive stay at the four-star Seabanks Resort and Spa.

In terms of your questions. I haven't explored a huge amount of the island yet but there is a significant urban/rural divide. Where is best to stay will depend on the kind of holiday they want and their expectations. I'm in St. Julians which is the main tourist area, it has a small man made beach but is always very busy. There are tonnes of restaurants and bars and a shopping complex which also has a cinema and bowling alley close by. It is the main clubbing area on the Island though so expect lots of people noise and 18-25 year olds on the beach and in the bars.

Slightly further (but still within walking distance) you have Sliema, Gzira & Msida. There's a promenade that runs from St. Julians down into Sliema/Gzira and all along it there is either flat rock where you can lie in the sun and swim in the sea or a selection of beach clubs where you pay for a sunbed and have a swimming pool to swim in.Most of these beach clubs also have a food and drink area and a bar, so there's shade available from the midday heat. The beds will cost between €5-€15 depending on which beach club you go to for the day. There are also a number of bistros along the promenade where you can sit down and eat/drink while watching the world go by.

Sliema is also where you can get the ferry to Valetta (the capital) at €5.60 return for an adult and is where most of the day trip cruises leave from. For example to can go to Camino/Blue Lagoon beach for the day from there. As it's the main commercial centre there are tonnes of shops/restaurants and a couple of supermarkets as well. With a 10 year old, I'd be suggesting somewhere in Sliema or St. Julians towards the Sliema end rather than the Paceville end.

Further north there are other tourist areas like St. Pauls Bay and Mellieha, the Golden Bay beach is in Mellieha which is purported to be the best beach on the island, but it's a good hours drive (in stifling heat on bad roads and with people who can't drive all around you) from St. Julians/Sliema.

In terms of prices, some things are very cheap "Mojito Mondays at €2.50 a pop" and most places have a buy one get one free time on cocktails and some beers. A cocktail generally is anything from €4.50 - €5.50 (apart from the night clubs) and a pint of beer is anything from €1.50 - €3. Spirits are normally priced at around €2.50 with or without a mixer.

Food is also generally cheap, although there are some more expensive places, but a 2 course lunch comprising of say some bruschetta and either pizza/pasta/salad main with a drink can be had for €10 in a lot of places. I think the most expensive meal we've had so far was €200 or so and that was for 4 people and included a shared starter, 4 steaks, 4 desserts, 2 bottles of wine, 4 bottles of mineral water & 4 coffees. With the volume of restaurants though there's a lot of value to be had.

I'm not sure I'd take an all-inclusive deal here to be honest, sometimes the food can be a bit hit and miss and given the relative cost I think you'd be better off having the choice or where and when to eat. A cursory glance at Skyscanner & Airbnb shows that flights with Ryanair will come in at around €750 or so in August (2 adults/1 child) and you can get an apartment in one of those areas for the same price or less for 7 nights. €1,500 (€3k for all-inclusive - Ryanair & Airbnb) would go a long way here to be honest.

The only other big thing to be aware of is the weather, it's expected to be high 30's and maybe even touching 40 degrees in August here. Humidity is also expected to be very high, so bear that in mind.

If there's anything else specifically you want to know just shout.
                                                            Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
                                                              There are others here longer than me who might be able to chip in with some thoughts but make sure they don't book here anyway

The Pindars, mother Claire, father Mark, and children eight-year-old Louis and six-year-old Sid, had booked an eight-day all-inclusive stay at the four-star Seabanks Resort and Spa.

In terms of your questions. I haven't explored a huge amount of the island yet but there is a significant urban/rural divide. Where is best to stay will depend on the kind of holiday they want and their expectations. I'm in St. Julians which is the main tourist area, it has a small man made beach but is always very busy. There are tonnes of restaurants and bars and a shopping complex which also has a cinema and bowling alley close by. It is the main clubbing area on the Island though so expect lots of people noise and 18-25 year olds on the beach and in the bars.

Slightly further (but still within walking distance) you have Sliema, Gzira & Msida. There's a promenade that runs from St. Julians down into Sliema/Gzira and all along it there is either flat rock where you can lie in the sun and swim in the sea or a selection of beach clubs where you pay for a sunbed and have a swimming pool to swim in.Most of these beach clubs also have a food and drink area and a bar, so there's shade available from the midday heat. The beds will cost between €5-€15 depending on which beach club you go to for the day. There are also a number of bistros along the promenade where you can sit down and eat/drink while watching the world go by.

Sliema is also where you can get the ferry to Valetta (the capital) at €5.60 return for an adult and is where most of the day trip cruises leave from. For example to can go to Camino/Blue Lagoon beach for the day from there. As it's the main commercial centre there are tonnes of shops/restaurants and a couple of supermarkets as well. With a 10 year old, I'd be suggesting somewhere in Sliema or St. Julians towards the Sliema end rather than the Paceville end.

Further north there are other tourist areas like St. Pauls Bay and Mellieha, the Golden Bay beach is in Mellieha which is purported to be the best beach on the island, but it's a good hours drive (in stifling heat on bad roads and with people who can't drive all around you) from St. Julians/Sliema.

In terms of prices, some things are very cheap "Mojito Mondays at €2.50 a pop" and most places have a buy one get one free time on cocktails and some beers. A cocktail generally is anything from €4.50 - €5.50 (apart from the night clubs) and a pint of beer is anything from €1.50 - €3. Spirits are normally priced at around €2.50 with or without a mixer.

Food is also generally cheap, although there are some more expensive places, but a 2 course lunch comprising of say some bruschetta and either pizza/pasta/salad main with a drink can be had for €10 in a lot of places. I think the most expensive meal we've had so far was €200 or so and that was for 4 people and included a shared starter, 4 steaks, 4 desserts, 2 bottles of wine, 4 bottles of mineral water & 4 coffees. With the volume of restaurants though there's a lot of value to be had.

I'm not sure I'd take an all-inclusive deal here to be honest, sometimes the food can be a bit hit and miss and given the relative cost I think you'd be better off having the choice or where and when to eat. A cursory glance at Skyscanner & Airbnb shows that flights with Ryanair will come in at around €750 or so in August (2 adults/1 child) and you can get an apartment in one of those areas for the same price or less for 7 nights. €1,500 (€3k for all-inclusive - Ryanair & Airbnb) would go a long way here to be honest.

The only other big thing to be aware of is the weather, it's expected to be high 30's and maybe even touching 40 degrees in August here. Humidity is also expected to be very high, so bear that in mind.

If there's anything else specifically you want to know just shout.

Wow. ..Thanks for such a comprehensive reply, greatly appreciated.

Legend status achieved.

Comment

Cunce stole your idea M8.
                                                                SPOILER

This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Fiery Wasabi View Post
                                                                  Wow. ..Thanks for such a comprehensive reply, greatly appreciated.

Legend status achieved.
                                                                  Stayed in St. Pauls. There's no a huge amount there, but it's quiet and lovely and all the surrounding beaches are incredible. It's an hour on a cheap bus into Valetta, and there's plenty of places to eat/drink in the area.

Maybe not as polished as the bigger areas but I loved it.
                                                                  Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Teams for Ireland vs England:

Looks like a 4-5-1 for Ireland and a 4-3-3 for England. Great to see we managed to get the 15 subs out while England could only manage the bare 12
                                                                    SPOILER
                                                                    Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                      Reza Aslan has an excellent book on Jesus. It's really quite interesting. He definitely existed. Pretty much zero doubt about that one. Actually the first thing we even know about Jesus for sure is that he met John the Baptist. Until then we know sweet fuck all about him as a historical figure.
                                                                      There's also an independent attestation (i.e. non-biblical) that he had a brother, James. Catholics and other conservative Christians hate this, though, because it means they have to come up with all sorts of funky stories to explain the perpetual virginity of his Ma.

Comment

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post

Looks like a 4-5-1 for Ireland and a 4-3-3 for England. Great to see we managed to get the 15 subs out while England could only manage the bare 12
                                                                        SPOILER
                                                                        3 GK on bench ... Maybe Shay will get a run up front so

Comment

Singing birds are great:

To read more about Bart and Rosie, go to http://www.awaywithlice.com/the-story-of-amazing-bird-talking-to-dog-while-he-eats/For licensing/usage please contac...

Comment

There's also an independent attestation (i.e. non-biblical) that he had a brother, James. Catholics and other conservative Christians hate this, though, because it means they have to come up with all sorts of funky stories to explain the perpetual virginity of his Ma.
                                                                            Definitely one of the silliest things about Catholicism.

Matthew 12:46: “While Jesus was still talking to the crowd, his mother and brothers stood outside, wanting to speak to him.”

I assume it was an attempt to reach to the womenfolk when assimilating more matriarchal cultures like our own. Mary's idealistic purity being the key to preventing unlicensed breeding.
                                                                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by White Knight View Post
                                                                              3 GK on bench ... Maybe Shay will get a run up front so
                                                                              Gotta love the 3 officials coming from NI. Be able to tell which side their allegiances lie by the off - side decisions.

Comment

@ Tar (again), I was just on the other places' Veggie forum and saw you mentioning getting blood tests for iron. Do you get more comprehensive blood tests? And if so what do you ask to get tested (GP I presume?).

I have been meaning to get blood tests done to check various stuff for a good while but haven't. It seems like now is a very good time to do it. Chronic lack of energy is an issue. Now I was chronically malnourished as a child due to low food intake, anaemic due to iron deficiency, and some manner of malabsorption problem with what food I did ingest. I haven't, I don't think, had relevant blood tests since I was a teen.

Comment

Don't boo.

Comment

Big Jack looking hale and hearty for his 80 years. Great reception for him, as expected.

Comment

Cunce.

Comment

Don't boo.
                                                                                        Cunce.
                                                                                        Organisers tried their best by using a 12 second version of GSTQ with 50 on pitch singers.

Comment

How is this game not on telly. Stream dodgy as fuck. I assume it was the Irish booing?

Comment

How is this game not on telly. Stream dodgy as fuck. I assume it was the Irish booing?
                                                                                            SetantaIRL or ITV.

Comment

Tuned in itv on sky box for this,it's gorgeous out though,not sure watching an international friendly is the best thing I could be doing, the bite has gone out of this fixture compared to years past. Should have given the fans more drinking time to get the juices flowing

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                SetantaIRL or ITV.
                                                                                                Yeah I know. Watching an ITV stream. I meant RTE for us poor cunce with Saorview.

Comment

''He paid for your ground, He paid for your ground, Sepp Blatter he paid for your ground''

WP English fans.

Comment

Must be plenty of Liverpool fans in the aviva today

Comment

''He paid for your ground, He paid for your ground, Sepp Blatter he paid for your ground''

WP English fans.
                                                                                                      Should have hit back with "he stole your world cup"

Comment

Good few Irish broke into ''John Delaney, you're a wanker''

Comment

Time to turn on Derry v Down. At least that might have some pace and bite to it. The soccer will become a bigger snooze fest with all the 2nd half changes.

Comment

McClean is on, he will kick lumps out of them.

Comment

what channel is the match on? any links for streams?

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                                                                                                what channel is the match on? any links for streams?
                                                                                                                Setanta and ITV

You will get ITV on filmon.com

Comment

Sound man chd. Have itv on the combi box

Comment

Time to turn on Derry v Down. At least that might have some pace and bite to it. The soccer will become a bigger snooze fest with all the 2nd half changes.
                                                                                                                    Don't bother its just as bad.
                                                                                                                    Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Mustard View Post
                                                                                                                      Don't bother its just as bad.
                                                                                                                      Yeah I'm watching it. Scrappy alright. Game needs a bit of a punch up to get going. Hurling should deliver later.

Comment

That last winner in the curragh trained by M D O Callaghan and owned by N Hayes

Comment

Originally posted by Kim Huybrechts View Post
                                                                                                                          That last winner in the curragh trained by M D O Callaghan and owned by N Hayes

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X