This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
    Lack of immigration and/or previous immigrants turning 30-something wouldn't impact the irish nationals.

Although it'd be a bit more useful if they gave the 20-29 figures by national/non-national breakdown, as the data is likely there.
    I believe I read that someone on boards had worked it out that shifts in the ages etc brought the real number to 100k people in that age bracket gone away.

Comment

Can't beat a good old fashioned england skittling all the same

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
        Manspreading arrest: I was groped by a man's legs on the train

Ah heyor (didn't read article. But the term manspreading is symptomatic of something very wrong in society)
        I did read it

I could say something, but what? I would probably be perceived as hysterical if I jumped up and accused him of touching my knee.

But I rarely see these men spreading their legs as close to other men as they do to women. Funny that, isn't it?
        That’s because manspreading is another symptom of a society which still sees women’s bodies as public property - whether it’s groping, wolf-whistling or the barrage of sexist adverts we women are forced to put up with on our commute to work.
        GTFO
        I try to be sympathetic to Women who feel vulnerable or even threatened by the very presence of men but this person is just not able to hack it in western society where the feminists won and we all have the same rights and responsibilities. Maybe she would find living in Saudi Arabia more conducive to her sensibilities.
        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
          Can't beat a good old fashioned england skittling all the same
          More reliable than the first cuckoo (which I only heard this morning!) The first England batting collapse is the real sign of summer coming.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

So everyone is cool with what Catherine Murphy is doing?
              Yea?

And by logical extension you are also happy to live under Mary Lou's regime given her assertion on the radio this morning that on the basis of what she calls 'reliable' sources she will continue to use the Dail to make outrageous and damaging accusations wholly unsubstantiated and with no basis in fact against any citizen she feels like in order to score a few cheap political points.

Just to be clear I have no issue whatsoever with the right to publish whatever is said in the Dail, and I doubt very much that the courts will find any issue with it either. But if her accusations are shown to be inaccurate, as the blatant lies Mary Lou abused her Dail privilege with were shown to be, then something will have to be done at least to allow citizens some way to defend themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                Yea?
                Seems like DO'B is cool with it anyway.

"We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

So because of political bias you are willing to argue against Dail Privilege and the concept of public interest? This is not a party political issue at all imo, and has highlighted the value of independent TDs who are free to operate outside the whip system.

If the information is false, prove it. But there is no doubt whatsoever that the information as presented is of the public interest and hence today's ruling should be welcomed by anyone who believes in a free press and the balance of power between legislature and judiciary.
                  "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

I'm with Lloyd on this one.

Mary Lou made herself look like a clown (this does seem to be her role in SF, witness the chamber sit-in shenanigans) with her allegations but such was her right. Perhaps Murphy is equally a clown - we don't know yet. Perhaps she is right but I believe both have the right, as TDs, to raise issues of public importance. The voters will decide on the efficacy of both.

Comment

Yea?

And by logical extension you are also happy to live under Mary Lou's regime given her assertion on the radio this morning that on the basis of what she calls 'reliable' sources she will continue to use the Dail to make outrageous and damaging accusations wholly unsubstantiated and with no basis in fact against any citizen she feels like in order to score a few cheap political points.

Just to be clear I have no issue whatsoever with the right to publish whatever is said in the Dail, and I doubt very much that the courts will find any issue with it either. But if her accusations are shown to be inaccurate, as the blatant lies Mary Lou abused her Dail privilege with were shown to be, then something will have to be done at least to allow citizens some way to defend themselves.
                      Let the hate hardon abate would ya?
                      Mary Lou's regime....ffs
                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                        Seems like DO'B is cool with it anyway.

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime...ears-1.2234357
                        I know you're being sarcastic here of course, but others might not.

To be clear, while DOB's legal representatives claimed today that they had no interest in restricting parliamentary privilege or reporting of same, that is an outrageous claim given that the same team sent threatening legal letters to all media outlets who reported on Murphy's presentation to the Dail from last Thursday. Broadsheet.ie published an example of same:

Scary update: Solicitors acting for Denis O’Brien have asked us to remove this post asserting that it is a breach of a High Court Order [O’Brien Vs RTÉ]. They gave a 7pm [Thursday] deadline or they would begin injunction proceedings. We have replied that article 15.12 of the constitution allows all Dáil statements “wherever published” to be privileged and we currently await their response.

Update: In response, Denis O’Brien’s legal representative said the High Court ruling “covers what could be reported about what was said in the Dáil by Catherine Murphy” and again put us ‘on notice’. Unfortunately The judge in the case never revealed the terms of the injunction. In a statement tonight Catherine Murphy said: “I am a public representative. Information came to me, from a number of reliable sources, that is, without doubt, in the public interest. I have a duty to put that information into the public domain and I fully intend to fulfill my democratic mandate.”
                        From

How little? Catherine Murphy, Independent TD for Kildare North, dropped a series of revelations in the Dáil today concerning alleged preferential treatment given to Denis O’Brien by IBRC, for…
                        "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Finally, it is very important to note that the injunction received in the High Court against the original RTE segment was temporary pending a full hearing and also that the redacted judgement was always intended to be released.

A lot of this conversation has assumed a weight to the temporary injunction out of step with it's actual nature. There is every chance that a full hearing will see RTE free to publish their story to begin with, and it would be incorrect to take the matter as conducted to date as a serious breech of privacy for the general population.

O'Brien talks about taking legal proceedings against the State? Let me simply say that I'm dubious as to how serious they are about doing same.

Comment

The solicitors letter and email exchange to broadsheet.ie here as well - http://www.broadsheet.ie/2015/06/01/...edium=web&utm_

Comment

Also, fair play to DeVore by the way:

Denis O'Brien's lawyers have had a busy day sending letters to various media outlets (including the Broadsheet, who have bravely refused to cave) regarding his interactions with IBRC (Irish Bank Resolution Corporation).

his posts in that thread nail what this is about imo, and it is of a scope outside of petty political preferences or a wish to support the current government.

Comment

Comment

This is wonderful
                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                      Fintan O'Toole with a strong piece on the issue today:

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                        So because of political bias you are willing to argue against Dail Privilege and the concept of public interest?
                                        I thought I made it abundantly clear that I'm not arguing against Dail privilege, merely the abuse of it.

What do we do to protect the people who have been damaged by Mary Lou's blatant and malicious lies?
                                        Is the dail to be a free for all that anyone who can get themselves elected can use as a forum for slander against their political opponents?

Comment

The Voice of Reason

Comment

BTW there is IMO something that is probably a significant point at the heart of the DOB part of this story that I don't see his opponents using.

That is the question of whether these loans are to DOB and held under a personal guarantee or to corporate entities controlled by him.

I'd expect different rules of privacy may apply in either case.

Comment

I might get away with never learning how to drive.

Comment

I thought I made it abundantly clear that I'm not arguing against Dail privilege, merely the abuse of it.

What do we do to protect the people who have been damaged by Mary Lou's blatant and malicious lies?
                                                Is the dail to be a free for all that anyone who can get themselves elected can use as a forum for slander against their political opponents?
                                                Would you accept there is a difference between:

- accusations made under the protection of parliamentary privilege not carried / backed up by a single media outlet in the state;
                                                - accusations made under the protection of parliamentary privilege that appear to have been substantiated by the investigative team of the state broadcaster;

and if you do, would you therefore accept that:

- the public have the opportunity to weigh the merits of either above example up for what they are;
                                                - elect / not elect TDs if they feel they have abused parliamentary privilege inappropriately;

With respect to:

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                Is that the way it works now? Lloyd is a serial killer. Prove it if you're not.
                                                I'd have an easier time buying DOB's contention that the information was altered / it is untrue if he hadn't made an effort to suppress it in the first place and if his legal team hadn't tried to pretend that they weren't making legal efforts to suppress reporting of the Catherine Murphy over the weekend.

Ultimately, I believe that information within the public interest should be presented in the public domain and a free press should accurately and fairly report / investigate / clarify same.

I reject the assertion that DOB's dealings with IBRC are a private matter or that this case will lead to some sort of open season where genuinely private citizens have information not in the public interest repeatedly leaked in the Dail to score political points. Any politician abusing the constitution on this point will be hammered (as MLD was), and rightly so.

Comment

BTW there is IMO something that is probably a significant point at the heart of the DOB part of this story that I don't see his opponents using.

That is the question of whether these loans are to DOB and held under a personal guarantee or to corporate entities controlled by him.

I'd expect different rules of privacy may apply in either case.
                                                  Yes, this is the elephant in the room. If he has personal loans then he does have some right to privacy around that. The judge was supposed to weigh that against the public interest in issuing his injunction. It seems lots of people have decided the judge was wrong.
                                                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                    http://seekingalpha.com/article/3224...conomy-by-2025

I might get away with never learning how to drive.
                                                    I reckon he is out by about 100 years. Yeah we have cars that can drive and park themselves but we are a million miles away from his description of the future in 10-15 years.

Comment

Apologies for spamming more links about this, but I feel DOB's spokesperson comes across very poorly here:

Listen to the first half hour of RTÉ's This Week: Denis O'Brien's spokesman James Morrissey debates Fianna Fáil leader Micheál Martin & Ind TD Catherine Murphy responds

- claims documents were altered but refuses to release same and clarify the issue;
                                                      - purports that RTE haven't appealed / furthered action against the temporary injunction which is factually incorrect;

Comment

Comment

Are there any decent Irish current affairs podcasts anyone can recommend? I miss too much of this stuff due to not watching TV (besides Survivor obv).

Comment

Apologies for spamming more links about this, but I feel DOB's spokesperson comes across very poorly here:

Listen to the first half hour of RTÉ's This Week: Denis O'Brien's spokesman James Morrissey debates Fianna Fáil leader Micheál Martin & Ind TD Catherine Murphy responds

- claims documents were altered but refuses to release same and clarify the issue;
                                                            So in order to protect his privacy he should give public access to his financial records?

On what basis exactly to you believe it is ok to publish someones private financial affairs?

Comment

[url]
                                                              - purports that RTE haven't appealed / furthered action against the temporary injunction which is factually incorrect;
                                                              Did you not listen to what was said or are you just in a full SF spin mode?

It was not factually incorrect, RTE had not appealed the decision and said (14:10 - 14:30) they were waiting until they saw the full judgement to decide whether to appeal it.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                Are there any decent Irish current affairs podcasts anyone can recommend? I miss too much of this stuff due to not watching TV (besides Survivor obv).
                                                                The Irish Times Inside Politics podcast is a good tight listen with respectful contributions (i.e. no shouting matches).

Comment

So in order to protect his privacy he should give public access to his financial records?

On what basis exactly to you believe it is ok to publish someones private financial affairs?
                                                                  Tony,

the details of an exceptional rate offered by the special liquidator on a loan in excess of €500m during the windup of IBRC is not a private financial affair. If the details of the loan, the rate or any other arrangements to same were misrepresented he should provide proof of that into the public domain.

Did you not listen to what was said or are you just in a full SF spin mode?

It was not factually incorrect, RTE had not appealed the decision and said (14:10 - 14:30) they were waiting until they saw the full judgement to decide whether to appeal it.
                                                                  What the fuck do SF have to do with this? This is not a party political issue.

He claimed that RTE had 7 days to appeal and they chose not to, i.e. implying that they did not believe they had grounds or were satisfied with the decision. That is not true.

Being honest, there seems to be lots of spin and bluster coming from the DOB camp.

Comment

SP's posts almost make me sympathetic towards SF

Comment

The Irish Times Inside Politics podcast is a good tight listen with respectful contributions (i.e. no shouting matches).
                                                                      Thanks a lot, if you think of any more I'd be glad of the recommendations.

Comment

Tony,

the details of an exceptional rate offered by the special liquidator on a loan in excess of €500m during the windup of IBRC is not a private financial affair. If the details of the loan, the rate or any other arrangements to same were misrepresented he should provide proof of that into the public domain.
                                                                        So you are saying because he is dealing with a state owned bank then he has not got any right to privacy in those matters. Odd.

You want to put him in a catch 22 because some populist political hack decides to walk into the Dail and make statements about him in order to play to the gallery as she approaches an election, but its not a party political matter

I don't know? Would it be exceptional someone like him getting 1.25% on a loan like that? Current deposit rates for big money are close 0.2% aren't they?

If we have the right to know about DOB should we not have access to the accounts of all business and political leaders... why not journalists and website owners when we are at it.

This whole thing stinks of the lynch mob.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                          Thanks a lot, if you think of any more I'd be glad of the recommendations.
                                                                          Honestly? An obvious answer for keeping up with domestic affairs is the Morning Ireland Podcast. It adds the individual segments from each show daily. You're talking <10min pieces that cut to the heart of whatever story is going on. Not interested in a topic? Move onto the next one.

Comment

FIFA lol

Comment

Originally posted by shano1888 View Post
                                                                              FIFA lol
                                                                              Must be something huge about to come out if he's resigned

Comment

Time for Delaney to step up obv

Comment

So you are saying because he is dealing with a state owned bank then he has not got any right to privacy in those matters. Odd.
                                                                                  I'm saying that the terms of a huge loan dealt with during the windup of the most infamous bank nationalisation in the history of the state are not private. I'm not saying any dealings with a state owned bank are potentially of public interest. The difference is fairly clear I feel.

You want to put him in a catch 22 because some populist political hack decides to walk into the Dail and make statements about him in order to play to the gallery as she approaches an election, but its not a party political matter
                                                                                  Again, as articulated far more ably by Fintan O'Toole and others than I could myself - DOB's business dealings are to a size and scope within the context of the state that it is appropriate that he face a level of scrutiny. Either:

- refuse to comment;
                                                                                  - release information that you are confident demonstrates the claims are incorrect;

Waving the hands around about how documents have been 'altered' / 'obtained illegally' / 'incorrect' but refusing to prove same is absolute nonsense.

==============

I don't believe it should be a party political matter. Murphy is an independent TD and is essentially asking for the office of the C & A general to lead an investigation into the information she received to make sure that nothing untoward has gone on. At the risk of being accused of pettiness, it seems to me that government supporters / sympathisers are the ones using political allegiance as a weapon.

Again, the fact that RTE / The Irish Times / an Independent TD seem to be left to lead the battle for Article 15 of the constitution is concerning. The government or the AG should have been leading the charge today.

I don't know? Would it be exceptional someone like him getting 1.25% on a loan like that? Current deposit rates for big money are close 0.2% aren't they?
                                                                                  I have no idea. But if nothing untoward has gone on, great. Everyone should welcome an impartial investigation so. Bear in mind that the IBRC was never going to do further business. It was being wound up and the remit of that windup was to maximise the recovery to the exchequer.

If we have the right to know about DOB should we not have access to the accounts of all business and political leaders... why not journalists and website owners when we are at it.
                                                                                  If those accounts were in receipt of exceptional rates / arrangements during the windup of IBRC, yes. If those accounts / arrangements did not relate to the windup of a nationalised bank, no.

This whole thing stinks of the lynch mob.
                                                                                  No, it really doesn't. It appears the DOF itself has had concerns about siteserv and related issues around IBRC. DOB is trying to make this a personal matter by trying to gag the information. That attempt has served to heighten interest in the matter and increase the likelihood / belief that something untoward went on. The facts of the information speak for themselves, as each percentage point on a €500m loan amounts to €5m in actual money paid to the exchequer or denied to the exchequer. That's all this is about.

Comment

I hope so.

Comment

A Great Man done down by envy and spite.

A sad day for humanity. May he enjoy his well-earned retirement.

Comment

Phew, working again it seems.

Blatters revenge on the world took on a personal nature for us.

Comment

Have had my first ever betting account closure.
                                                                                          I self excluded myself from Boyles casino yesterday after a lot of deliberation and some recent mdoug shenanigans with my potential vegas fund. Today I go full roll betting because of the boylepremium offer and I get told that my sports betting account is restricted indefinitely.
                                                                                          I have €200 in free bets plus another 100 coming and they have made my maximum bet 36 cent, all because I was full rolling my random bets trying to get to x amount. What a waste of a free €300 bet!! Shite enough day tbh. Fuck you boylesports, fuck you!

/rant
                                                                                          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                            Bit late for your hunger but nonetheless:

It's very easy. Get your mushrooms (I used chestnut) and remove the stalks.
                                                                                            Heat oil in a pan, only need to cover them, so it's not that much.

Get a few bowls for your ingredients.
                                                                                            Mix flour and your beer of choice for the batter, I used pear cider actually in this instance.
                                                                                            Another bowl just has flour in it. Final bowl has breadcrumbs. They need to be fine, if you don't have a good blender just buy them. I use a seeded bread, blend it, and you can add smoked paprika if you like.

For the garlic "butter" you roast garlic gloves whole in tinfoil, don't bother removing the skin, after they are cooked they slide out. Mash the garlic with a fork and I mix it with a sunflower butter).

Process is just a lot of dipping, cover the mushrooms in garlic butter, dip them in the flour, dip them in the batter, dip them in the breadcrumbs, throw the mushroom in the oil. It only takes a few seconds to cook each one.

I make vegan mayo too, very easy. Add 3 parts vegetable/sunflower oil to 1 part soy milk to a blender, add salt, black pepper, lemon juice, mustard and some form of garlic (I use garlic flavoured rapeseed oil). Blend for a few seconds and that is mayonnaise.
                                                                                            Whole thing takes a minute, nicer and fresher than store bought stuff.

It's either le creuset or M&S, will have a look when I'm home, they are pretty sweet all right. I'd guess M&S off hand.
                                                                                            Excellent thanks. I might make an attempt at the weekend.

Comment

Decent under 21 hurling match in progress on TG4 at the mo Dublin 2-13 KK 2-9. 15 mins left

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                  Phew, working again it seems.

Blatters revenge on the world took on a personal nature for us.
                                                                                                  What was the link to the rigger?
                                                                                                  X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                  Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

What the fuck happened with that site crash?

I come back in to find that I agree with absolutely everything Lloyd has posted. With the single exception of "if it's wrong prove it" (that's just not logical) I 100% agree with him.

FWIW I was very uneasy with what Catherine Murphy did because I thought she was creating a difficulty for the Court. Thankfully everyone realised how serious it was and backed down enough to give the Court a way out but that could have been really stupid today.

Also, Strewel, the Dail is protected to allow Murphy do exactly what she did. Or Martin did with the Garda whistleblowers, or Maria Cahill, or what (*gulp*) Wallace and Daly did about the penalty points issue.

If we have to deal with Mary Lou occasionally abusing it, or McDowell abusing it (lest we forget he was the one who reminded everyone they could get away with anything under privilege), or any of them then that's the price we pay and it's well worth it. The pity is not enough of them use it properly to get into the nitty-gritty of issues that media outlets have to be careful of because of defamation laws.
                                                                                                    You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                                    World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Decent under 21 hurling match in progress on TG4 at the mo Dublin 2-13 KK 2-9. 15 mins left
                                                                                                      That was great stuff. WP KK

Comment

Absolute cracker in the end. How Dublin managed to lose is beyond me, should have been out of sight at HT. Really enjoyable stuff even if there was some questionable defences.

Gotta love the under 21 championship. Throws up so many great games

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                                                                          LA seems to be working out.

Have lost over 35 pounds since I moved here and as such don't feel like a buffalo anymore. Only downside is I now have to replace my suits that I got 5 months ago as part of my move as far too big for me now. The plus, can now go into a shop and instantly find clothes that fit me
                                                                                                          rather than 30/40 mins hunt for clothes my size and then undergo the humiliation of been told they don't stock that size.

Didn't even do anything particularly different, just followed bk advice of watching the calories and limiting the intake of same to under 2k a day. This gives a slightly better appreciation of food as I now count the calories on whatever I choose to get and go for the lower one as opposed to the old days where I wouldn't even look at that info. Shocking easy enough to do really.,
                                                                                                          Quick update on this.

Lost another 21 pounds to lose 56 pounds total (4 stones) since my move over. Am really chuffed with that as that was my target for end of July for when I come back to Ireland for holidays. I am now at the weight i last seen about 15 years ago. And I reckon I can still lose another stone or two easily if I actually put the effort in.

One thing I will share, is the story of playing a poker game around a year ago when a player (i knew him but not well) cracked a joke at the table I was at by asking when was the baby due. I laughed it off at the time and everyone else laughed, but that fuckin hurt.

Anyhow that is now in the past and am really enjoying the new lease of life. Heading to Yellowstone tomorrow with the gf for 4 days. Going be fun
                                                                                                          No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                                                            What the fuck happened with that site crash?

I come back in to find that I agree with absolutely everything Lloyd has posted. With the single exception of "if it's wrong prove it" (that's just not logical) I 100% agree with him.

FWIW I was very uneasy with what Catherine Murphy did because I thought she was creating a difficulty for the Court. Thankfully everyone realised how serious it was and backed down enough to give the Court a way out but that could have been really stupid today.

Also, Strewel, the Dail is protected to allow Murphy do exactly what she did. Or Martin did with the Garda whistleblowers, or Maria Cahill, or what (*gulp*) Wallace and Daly did about the penalty points issue.

If we have to deal with Mary Lou occasionally abusing it, or McDowell abusing it (lest we forget he was the one who reminded everyone they could get away with anything under privilege), or any of them then that's the price we pay and it's well worth it. The pity is not enough of them use it properly to get into the nitty-gritty of issues that media outlets have to be careful of because of defamation laws.
                                                                                                            I've repeatedly said I agree with the principal of Dail privilege I only ask should there be some form of reply for people who are damaged by the abuse of it.

The only other thing Lloyd is saying is that because he is dealing with IBRC and happens to be high profile he should have no privacy in his personal dealings with the bank.

I'm saying that the terms of a huge loan dealt with during the windup of the most infamous bank nationalisation in the history of the state are not private. I'm not saying any dealings with a state owned bank are potentially of public interest. The difference is fairly clear I feel.
                                                                                                            I don't agree, 500 Million that is not in default in the context of the times is not an exceptional bit of business with a man whose companies employ so many people in Ireland.

O'Toole does't explain it so maybe you can, what is it exactly that makes him so special that he is not to be afforded the same rights as other citizens?
                                                                                                            Is it that he owns some media interests here or perhaps it its his interest in SiteServ that has the rabble foaming at the mouth?
                                                                                                            Last edited by Strewelpeter; 02-06-15, 20:08.

Comment

Something tells me Jack Warner isnt his birth name

Comment

For balance, here is some science content:

Comment

I've repeatedly said I agree with the principal of Dail privilege I only ask should there be some form of reply for people who are damaged by the abuse of it.
                                                                                                                  Who, precisely, is not affording DO'B a right of reply?

And, furthermore, who has ever been the subject of an accusation in the Dail that wasn't offered a right of reply? If anything they have eschewed it.

The only other thing Lloyd is saying is that because he is dealing with IBRC and happens to be high profile he should have no privacy in his personal dealings with the bank.

I don't agree, 500 Million that is not in default in the context of the times is not an exceptional bit of business with a man whose companies employ so many people in Ireland.

O'Toole does't explain it so maybe you can, what is it exactly that makes him so special that he is not to be afforded the same rights as other citizens?
                                                                                                                  Is it that he owns some media interests here or perhaps it its his interest in SiteServ that has the rabble foaming at the mouth?
                                                                                                                  You're missing one serious element of DO'B's position - his deep ties with FG.

IBRC is not a normal bank. It is political to its core. It controls, along with NAMA, huge assets with massive potential for profit. How they are disposed of and how the debts held by the State (and it is held by the State no matter how you paint it) are dealt with when it comes to the most influential and powerful among us is a matter of public interest without question.

How on earth can you possibly think otherwise?
                                                                                                                  You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                                                  World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

I'm looking for someone to xfer me €2k on Skrill in return for €2k cash. Preferably someone who can meet me in the Fitz. Any takers or recommendations of who to talk to?

Edit: If you don't know me I'm around the Fitz a bit and a MSNL reg from back in the day. I'm good for it but will do the xfer in person if necessary.
                                                                                                                    Last edited by pok3rplaya; 02-06-15, 20:31.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                                                                          Who, precisely, is not affording DO'B a right of reply?

And, furthermore, who has ever been the subject of an accusation in the Dail that wasn't offered a right of reply? If anything they have eschewed it.
                                                                                                                          I put it better earlier
                                                                                                                          What right to reply do they have anyway? Can you ask to go before a Dail Committee?
                                                                                                                          Writing letters to the IT or calling Joe?
                                                                                                                          What use is that to someone who has their good name slandered on the public record for cheap electioneering.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X