• Time
  • Show
Clear All

In a tally of just the Carlow boxes .

Fianna Fáil 22%
    Fine Gael 19%
    labour 16% .

Comment

Line 67.5, if I wasn't on a plane I'd be lumping on that. Dublin turnout and yes vote is massive.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post

Fucking Killarney, full of weirdos
        My mother is from Brosna polling a strong no. Confirmed weirdos but could have told you that before
        Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by White Knight View Post
          Can't see many updates for TippSouth but TippNorth look to be 60% yes at the moment
          TippSouth looks like 60% too

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
            My mother is from Brosna polling a strong no. Confirmed weirdos but could have told you that before
            For places like Brosna and Knocknagoshal all their young people being in Cork & Dublin doesn't help. Loads of young people in Killarney, place is just full of knuckle draggers.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Ok we have this one (A box in ballyfermot being 85% yes says it all), on to the next hopefully:

Comment

Comment

Up the gays
                    airport, lol

Comment

Pub beside me is giving out free pints, good lads.

Comment

Galway East to rescue me plz
                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

mornin. fair play ballyior
                          X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by TheJiggaman View Post
                            The impression I get in my place (Tipp South) is that it'll be a no vote here, especially with Matty McGrath coming on Séamus Martin's morning show on Tipp FM saying he'll be voting no and encouraging others to do so too.

The oul biddy's will follow suit I'm sure. Low student population too.
                            Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                            Decent bit of cash on this now, cheers. Your reward shall be one of these in this place at this time.

50/50 here at the mo.

Comment

Comment

The result is so fun that losing a bit of cash is a decent price to pay!
                                we are all Gay now

Comment

How did Sinead O'Connor and John Waters end up together?

Comment

Yep, TippSouth most likely No constituency now. Potentially still could be a clean sweep though.

Comment

Man am I glad I didn't really bet on this!
                                      Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Inishbiggle says No
                                        Yes - 2 votes
                                        No - 10 votes

Comment

Has to be said that politics must truly be the nut betting event

I feel like I backed a horse in the Derby at Christmas at 20\1

Who was backed in to 1\10

Who was 10 lengths clear entering the final furlong

Only to be joined by another horse on the line

With a lengthy photo finish sweat

Followed by a Stewards Enquiry

And an objection

68.49% would be juuuuuuuuust fine, tyvm

Comment

Comment

Congrats FD nice score

Comment

So, IPB Eurovision 2015 Sweep.

27 countries, going to strike out theTop 3 in the betting - Sweden & Italy & Russia. Leaves 24.

Need 8 players @ €20. Honour based system, no escrow, so only known good eggs apply.
                                                You will get 3 countries each in a random draw overseen by me.
                                                Scoring system - your two lowest scoring countries count, add them together and the lowest overall total scoops the whole pot.
                                                (Interestingly this incredibly simple scoring format causes yearly confusion to the Head of Economics and Tricky Maths Stuff at DCU)
                                                Open to all but much more fun if you will be watching and drunkenly posting as it happens.

Two core members who must be in, so need another 6.
                                                1. Rigger.
                                                2. Dead Parrot.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post

27 countries, going to strike out theTop 3 in the betting - Sweden & Italy & Russia. Leaves 24.

Need 8 players @ €20. Honour based system, no escrow, so only known good eggs apply.
                                                  Scoring system - your two lowest scoring countries count, add them together and the lowest overall total scoops the whole pot.
                                                  (Interestingly this incredibly simple scoring format causes yearly confusion to the Head of Economics and Tricky Maths Stuff at DCU)
                                                  Open to all but much more fun if you will be watching and drunkenly posting as it happens.

1. Rigger.
                                                  2. Dead Parrot.
                                                  In if I meet the Criteria.

Comment

1. Rigger.
                                                    2. Dead Parrot.
                                                    In and if we get like 14 people I'll be in for 2nd one too(only if they need someone)
                                                    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

:-D

Comment

1. Rigger.
                                                        2. Dead Parrot.
                                                        in

Comment

1. Rigger.
                                                          2. Dead Parrot.
                                                          IN.

Comment

IN

Comment

In if acceptable.

Comment

What's the countrywide result looking like being?

Comment

one time

CONNACHT

• GALWAY WEST 61% Yes; 39% No
                                                                  • GALWAY EAST 54% No; 46% Yes
                                                                  • MAYO 52.5% Yes; 47.5% No
                                                                  • ROSCOMMON-SOUTH LEITRIM 52% No; 48% Yes
                                                                  • SLIGO-NORTH LEITRIM 53% Yes; 47% No

Comment

One of the few bets I followed through with was betting on my home constituency. It wasn't a bet in confidence but moreso hope that things have changed in the past 10 years.

"The unofficial tally of the county Limerick constituency has indicated that 54% of people voted in favour of the same-sex marriage referendum.
                                                                    .....while the highest No vote was 57% in Dromcollogher."

Highest no vote of course, still a bunch of idiots I see. I'll head back for a visit in 2025 I reckon.
                                                                    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Comment

I'll play AJ

Comment

Ok, numbers are looking excellent (was a struggle to get 8 last year, Celtic Tiger is roaring back).

Will leave it as open until 2.30pm. If we have 12 players I'll do it as two countries each (sticking with the lowest total of the two is the winner).
                                                                          If we get around 16 people then I'll do it as two different comps with 8 people in each.

Comment

Vinny Browne live from The George at 4pm might be a laugh.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                  How in 2015 do we have to wait for people to manually count 2 million scraps of paper before we know the result? How!?
                                                                                  It's one of those counter-intuitive things that are commonplace in information theory. Computers are ideally suited to counting votes, but once you get into the messy business of seperating individual ballots from individual voter identitites while simultaneously maintaining the integrity of the count, it becomes very difficult to guarantee that the computer is not miscounting, and nearly impossible to guarantee it is not cheating.

Manual, verified, supervised counting conveys a number of advantages that computers cannot provide:

- A single or small number of corrupt agents cannot significantly impact the outcome
                                                                                  - Citizens can observe the counting process. Imagine the difficulty of a voter demanding to see the source code of the voting machine. Imagine them then trying to verify that the executable actually installed on the machine is perfectly derived from the source code. And then further allowing a citizen to do that without allowing the possibility of them tampering with the machine while they are at it. It's utterly impractical.
                                                                                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Ok, numbers are looking excellent (was a struggle to get 8 last year, Celtic Tiger is roaring back).

Will leave it as open until 2.30pm. If we have 12 players I'll do it as two countries each (sticking with the lowest total of the two is the winner).
                                                                                    If we get around 16 people then I'll do it as two different comps with 8 people in each.
                                                                                    I'll jump in if you want to make it to 12. If you have 8 just leave me out.

Have cans at home for tonight, may as well put them to good use.

Comment

How am I not a core member???!!! [#IVoteIn]
                                                                                      This matter will be considered and addressed between core members.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                        It's one of those counter-intuitive things that are commonplace in information theory. Computers are ideally suited to counting votes, but once you get into the messy business of seperating individual ballots from individual voter identitites while simultaneously maintaining the integrity of the count, it becomes very difficult to guarantee that the computer is not miscounting, and nearly impossible to guarantee it is not cheating.

Manual, verified, supervised counting conveys a number of advantages that computers cannot provide:

- A single or small number of corrupt agents cannot significantly impact the outcome
                                                                                        - Citizens can observe the counting process. Imagine the difficulty of a voter demanding to see the source code of the voting machine. Imagine them then trying to verify that the executable actually installed on the machine is perfectly derived from the source code. And then further allowing a citizen to do that without allowing the possibility of them tampering with the machine while they are at it. It's utterly impractical.
                                                                                        Yeah but on the other hand foreigners are laughing at us and our stupid aul pencils

Comment

If you want to keep it at 8 Hitch can take my place or we will go halves or something.

If Hitch made the 8 I will give Dobby 50% for free.

Comment

in
                                                                                            Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                The drama of the count is great though, and all the coverage all day that goes with it.

I think a result at 11pm on polling day would be awfully boring.
                                                                                                Exactly. The system is great, it is a tool that helps to engage the public in election results. Not a bad thing.
                                                                                                "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

If God was real surely it would be lashing out. Looks like Summer in Spain out there.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                                                    If God was real surely it would be lashing out. Looks like Summer in Spain out there.
                                                                                                    Dull and cloudy as fuck in Sligo at the minute. Dry though and calm so not all bad.

Just as I say it, the rains starts.

Fuck you bbv.
                                                                                                    Last edited by 6starpool; 23-05-15, 13:02.

Comment

Interesting (and related to Ballyfermot)

This is a very important point of analysis. A bunch of people without a college education who may be regular / irregular church goers have said 'if two gay people want to marry I have no problem with it'. Wonder what FG will make of that given their attempt to characterise the people of those areas cold on water charges as 'scroungers', etc.
                                                                                                      "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                                        Yeah but on the other hand foreigners are laughing at us and our stupid aul pencils
                                                                                                        Well fuck them!

Comment

1. Rigger.
                                                                                                          2. Dead Parrot.
                                                                                                          3.
                                                                                                          4.
                                                                                                          5.
                                                                                                          6.
                                                                                                          7.
                                                                                                          8.
                                                                                                          in if room still available

Comment

You not playing yourself AJ?

Comment

Meself and mrsdp in town for festive pints.
                                                                                                              Also picking up me wedding ring, so potential for disaster is very real.
                                                                                                              I could get married tonight!
                                                                                                              #lovethelifestyle
                                                                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Throw me in for Eurobaby sweeps AJ.
                                                                                                                His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

In for Euro song plz

Comment

1. Rigger
                                                                                                                    2. DeadParrot.
                                                                                                                    3. horatio1.
                                                                                                                    4. mdoug.
                                                                                                                    5. RD3.
                                                                                                                    6. Nuck Chorris.
                                                                                                                    7. Keane.
                                                                                                                    8. IonaPaul.
                                                                                                                    9. Hitchhiker.
                                                                                                                    10. CHD.
                                                                                                                    11. dobby.
                                                                                                                    12. jamfly.
                                                                                                                    13. shrapnel.
                                                                                                                    14. elbows.
                                                                                                                    15. Jibzzzz.
                                                                                                                    16. (mdoug II if needed).

Speak now if I've missed your post. 1 place left, open til 14.45 when it'll fall to mdoug2. Then draws. Someone bookface whiteknight.

Comment

They give me false hope

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                                        You not playing yourself AJ?
                                                                                                                        1. Rigger
                                                                                                                        2. DeadParrot.
                                                                                                                        3. horatio1.
                                                                                                                        4. mdoug.
                                                                                                                        5. RD3.
                                                                                                                        6. Nuck Chorris.
                                                                                                                        7. Keane.
                                                                                                                        8. IonaPaul.
                                                                                                                        9. Hitchhiker.
                                                                                                                        10. CHD.
                                                                                                                        11. dobby.
                                                                                                                        12. jamfly.
                                                                                                                        13. shrapnel.
                                                                                                                        14. elbows.
                                                                                                                        15. Jibzzzz.

Speak now if I've missed your post. 1 place left, open til 14.45 when it'll fall to mdoug2. Then draws. Someone bookface whiteknight.
                                                                                                                        as mentioned, are you not taking the last entry?

Comment

1. Rigger
                                                                                                                          2. DeadParrot.
                                                                                                                          3. horatio1.
                                                                                                                          4. mdoug.
                                                                                                                          5. RD3.
                                                                                                                          6. Nuck Chorris.
                                                                                                                          7. Keane.
                                                                                                                          8. IonaPaul.
                                                                                                                          9. Hitchhiker.
                                                                                                                          10. CHD.
                                                                                                                          11. dobby.
                                                                                                                          12. jamfly.
                                                                                                                          13. shrapnel.
                                                                                                                          14. elbows.
                                                                                                                          15. Jibzzzz.

Inski
                                                                                                                          No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X