This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
    Doubt the iona institute one has any gay friends let alone the many close ones she claimed to have earlier
    I'd love to ride some fucking sense into her all the same.
    "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Losing faith in Finland.
      Balls deep in Serbia top 10 on sat to right the apple tart.
      X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
      Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
        It must be some effort for Ronan Mullen and the other dickheads on the No side of the Prime Time debate to keep themselves from flat out saying 'look, we don't like Gays because they are scary hence why you should vote No'. I almost admire their restraint in not overtly stating their obvious hate and prejudice.
        I think every backward thinking hateful gobshite in the country has got the message loud and clear from them - gay = kiddyfiddling

They are such despicable humans I can only sit back and hope that they get routed and RDIII and Denny are out on the streets begging for food on Saturday.
        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Yuck

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
            Doubt the iona institute one has any gay friends let alone the many close ones she claimed to have earlier
            her colleague Breda's husband perhaps as i was insinuating yesterday

Comment

Yeah there's another blonde one who's been on the no side in debates who could do with some of that too

Comment

Mullin is on the verge of accusing international Jewry of financing the Yes campaign

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                  hope that they get routed and RDIII and Denny are out on the streets begging for food on Saturday.
                  heh, I fully expect to be eating lobster washed down with Pouilly-Fuisse on Saturday

and then spending Lao Lao's ton on a rickshaw home
                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Yuck
                    Although I could be persuaded try and turn Catherine Zappone, she has a bit of ooomph about her

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                      heh, I fully expect to be eating lobster washed down with Pouilly-Fuisse on Saturday

What's your bet?
                      "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

What's your bet?
                        Yes vote under 68% (dead cert)

Galway East to have largest No vote @ 10\1 (sporting bet)

edit; and I'm on the Yes unders @ 65% with Lao Lao for a hundred too.
                        Last edited by Raoul Duke III; 19-05-15, 21:39.

Comment

Poor 10 year old getting called a homophobe. BS

Comment

Kevin Killeen's EPT London Final Table is on Ch4 tonight for anyone that's interested.

/poker talk

Comment

This too shall pass.

Comment

Charles in Galway a few hours ago sampling the local fare
                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

wise words from Zod back in January, good shout

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                  58-60% in favour.

Comment

Did you get much on at that? See it's under 55.5% now @10/11.
                                    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Galway East to have largest No vote @ 10\1 (sporting bet)

edit; and I'm on the Yes unders @ 65% with Lao Lao for a hundred too.
                                      Those percentage votes are absolute locks. So many culchies in Dublin with their Ta badges who don't have the day off on Friday to return to Ballymuck and vote. It will be a squeaker imo.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                        Did you get much on at that? See it's under 55.5% now @10/11.
                                        not as much as I hoped

more down to my poor organisation than anything else, but will be enough to fund the wine shopping in France this summer

Comment

Those percentage votes are absolute locks. So many culchies in Dublin with their Ta badges who don't have the day off on Friday to return to Ballymuck and vote. It will be a squeaker imo.
                                          nah, it'll be cosy but not massive

thinking 56-44 territory

Comment

PP politics man definitely stalks me on here

Comment

this is the market we need to focus the laser beam on next

Comment

Although I could be persuaded try and turn Catherine Zappone, she has a bit of ooomph about her
                                                I'd say both girls would be firmly on the NO side

Comment

Well that angered me just the right amount.

Now for Martin v Waters on Vincent Browne to really make me lose my shit.
                                                  You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                  World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Having to travel to where youre registered to vote in a referendum is such a fucking joke. If youre registered you should be able to rock up to any centre with your ID and vote.
                                                    airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post

they're on the same side

Comment

this is the market we need to focus the laser beam on next
                                                        Whats the play?

Comment

Originally posted by shano1888 View Post
                                                          Whats the play?
                                                          not Jeb anyway

I've always liked Walker but he would be more one to back in the outright than the primary
                                                          Last edited by Raoul Duke III; 19-05-15, 22:07.

Comment

think PP have this assways imo

Comment

It must be some effort for Ronan Mullen and the other dickheads on the No side of the Prime Time debate to keep themselves from flat out saying 'look, we don't like Gays because they are scary hence why you should vote No'. I almost admire their restraint in not overtly stating their obvious hate and prejudice.
                                                              This. Their disingenuousness is sickening.

I posted before about this ultra catholic oul lad customer of ours that comes in now and then. He came in the other day showing off this poster he was driving around with. I actually have more respect for him than Mullin, Iona or that Patrick Treacy* fucker and everyone else in the no campaign. At least he's honest. He's a full on homophobic bastard, makes no apology for it, homosexuality is evil to him, I argue with him every tine he comes in, but at least he's not hiding it and using all sorts of underhanded muddying tactics to hoodwink people.

Absolute fucking cunts.

This is him...

*Patrick Treacy SC claims his argument is purely legal, and he comes across very unbiased. He claims he represents 'Lawyers for No' when in fact he owns and operates Integritas, a christian prayer centre. In other words, he believes the sentiment on that poster, but is savvy enough not to show it but to try convince people his only concern is future legal problems. Cunt.
                                                              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

I'm on Whatsapp with Waters Bro in law having a blast slagging him off

Comment

I wouldn't think its assways and I don't see any markets way out of line with it . If Hillary messes up and the Republicunts find someone electable it could be very close.

Just lay Jeb IMO even tough he is probably the most electable on that list.

Comment

I'm on Whatsapp with Waters Bro in law having a blast slagging him off
                                                                    He is rambling about single parent rights, the role of the opposition in a democracy abd, not to put too fine a point on it, absolute horseshit
                                                                    You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                    World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

I think every backward thinking hateful gobshite in the country has got the message loud and clear from them - gay = kiddyfiddling

They are such despicable humans I can only sit back and hope that they get routed and RDIII and Denny are out on the streets begging for food on Saturday.

Currently booking a holiday, wont even get to sweat my mound of betting slips.
                                                                      Last edited by Denny Crane; 19-05-15, 22:51.

Comment

He is rambling about single parent rights, the role of the opposition in a democracy abd, not to put too fine a point on it, absolute horseshit
                                                                        Surprised it took him so long to give up and go after Fianna Fail. That's all he had, really.

I really wish the referendum was yesterday. Sitting here rooting for Michael fucking Martin. That's what this thing is doing to people.

Comment

This got nowhere but my favourite Eurovision song of all time. Sub Teller before beards were trendy
                                                                          Seb Tellier

From "Sexuality", available: https://sebastientellier.bandcamp.comListen to the album on YouTube: https://youtube.com/watch?v=j2RP1bUy3B4&list=PLCuEH5Tl2B8qa...
                                                                          Last edited by Solskjaer; 19-05-15, 22:54.

Comment

That was fun, He is getting madder with every millimenter his hair grows.
                                                                            He managed for once not to lose the rag with Martin and show off the demented eyes .

I listen carefully to him but other than imagining up a barrel load of bizarre interpretations he claims the courts will make some time in the future he doesn't really have a point at all does he

Comment

Some of the constituency betting looks very off to me, Louth at 4/1 is a punt, but most of the shorter rural spots look like mispriced.
                                                                              Last edited by Denny Crane; 19-05-15, 22:58.

Comment

more down to my poor organisation than anything else, but will be enough to fund the wine shopping in France this summer
                                                                                I can't figure out what the hell was going on with me at the time that I didn't pull the trigger immediately for a full clip. I didn't realise the line would tumble immediately I guess, and I never got money on it. I have been regretting that too much over the campaign.

I have a lot of gay clients for some reason, I should probably stop telling them I am betting on No votes in constituencies. But it's surely evened out by the fact I am voting in my first referendum to give a voice to a non-national gay client of mine who can't vote.

My brother was telling me about those legal people who are campaigning for No. He said that as people they are the most horrible, uncompassionate people you could ever wish to meet. And my brother is not exactly the Dalai Lama, so these guys must be real pieces of work.

On Sunday I was trying to be empathic about those campaigning for a No vote, and in particular David Quinn who founded Iona. I was thinking - from his own world and religious viewpoint surely he is trying to do good, that his intention is positive, even if most of us disagree with his viewpoint. So I went onto his Twitter to read to see if I could discern a sincere and positive intention.

What I found was a collection of such disingenuous tweets that it was incredibly hard to remain empathic or kind. Now it may well be that from his perspective that such fundamental good things are at stake that the end justifies the means. But it might also just be more parsimonious to conclude he's a cunt.

Comment

Originally posted by bp_me View Post
                                                                                  If you pay PAYE you are eligible for bike2work. If you are make sure you spend the full amount on the bike and only the bike. You only get one chance every 5 years and it's pointless to waste it on stuff you will be replacing every 12-18 months.

First question is what do you intend to do with the bike? If its for fitness stuff I would suggest a proper road bike (though probably with a touring rather than racing geometry unless you want to go racing). If it's for hacking around get yourself a CX or hybrid (I lean towards CX because I prefer the drop bars and STI style shifters).

Don't get a mountain bike unless you are going to get it very very very dirty!
                                                                                  Plan on getting a Hybrid prefer the ergonomics/look of them, plan on using it to get somewhat fit & getting from point a to b from time to time also.

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                                                                  Watched couple of films over the weekend that are well worth a watch, Ex Machina and then What We Do in Shadows which is a mockumentary about vampires sharing a house in NZ, very funny. Watching Overnighters now, it feels pretty creepy for some reason
                                                                                  Anymore insight on Ex Machina, was pretty pumped for it but left it not feeling overly impressed by it other than looking the part/good idea. Overnighters I thought was excellent & pretty grim in places.

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                                  Sounds too good to me. I sense its a play with words. 'Lifetime Parts Warranty'. ''So we tightened your brakes and checked your cables €20. We oiled the chain and necessary parts €16. Checked gears, pedals and tightened brakes €16. No new parts.

Oh you thought you had 'Free Servicing For Life'? ah no you cant have both promotions its either one of the other. We can always switch you over to 'Free Servicing For Life'. In which case you need a new derailer, brake cables, brakes and pedals!.
                                                                                  Suppose I'll look into it more if/when I go back "Every new bicycle purchased from Wheelworx comes with our exclusive "Wheelworx Lifetime Free Service”. Anytime your bicycle needs service, a full tune-up or just a quick adjustment, we will make those necessary adjustments for free as long as you own your bicycle. Ask in store for details of what’s covered by both the “Lifetime Free Service” and the “Guaranteed For Life” programmes. Our standard service is normally €35, this standard service will be free"
                                                                                  "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                    I can't figure out what the hell was going on with me at the time that I didn't pull the trigger immediately for a full clip. I didn't realise the line would tumble immediately I guess, and I never got money on it. I have been regretting that too much over the campaign.

I have a lot of gay clients for some reason, I should probably stop telling them I am betting on No votes in constituencies. But it's surely evened out by the fact I am voting in my first referendum to give a voice to a non-national gay client of mine who can't vote.

My brother was telling me about those legal people who are campaigning for No. He said that as people they are the most horrible, uncompassionate people you could ever wish to meet. And my brother is not exactly the Dalai Lama, so these guys must be real pieces of work.

On Sunday I was trying to be empathic about those campaigning for a No vote, and in particular David Quinn who founded Iona. I was thinking - from his own world and religious viewpoint surely he is trying to do good, that his intention is positive, even if most of us disagree with his viewpoint. So I went onto his Twitter to read to see if I could discern a sincere and positive intention.

What I found was a collection of such disingenuous tweets that it was incredibly hard to remain empathic or kind. Now it may well be that from his perspective that such fundamental good things are at stake that the end justifies the means. But it might also just be more parsimonious to conclude he's a cunt.
                                                                                    10/10

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                                                                      Watched couple of films over the weekend that are well worth a watch, Ex Machina and then What We Do in Shadows which is a mockumentary about vampires sharing a house in NZ, very funny. Watching Overnighters now, it feels pretty creepy for some reason
                                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                        where???
                                                                                        odds tumbling like mad on it 12/1 on PP
                                                                                        Georgia not bad either
                                                                                        Sorry went off of here, it was on boyles - had most of my money on there so went with it. The bet is still open so I have no idea who actually won the semi final, myself and riggs have a nice bit on serbia top 10 plus that 12.50 ew so the final is gonna be a fun sweat.

Darts final, FPL final, Eurovision final in the space of 3 days. I would like to win all 3 pls and have lots of money.

edit:
                                                                                        Just went through all of thursdays odds, iceland at 2/5 to qualify looks the best bet of the lost so will be on it for the profit for tonight. Then will almost be freerolling on serbia top 10. Here's hoping serbia won the semi there earlier.

I never knew how much I loved the eurovision!!
                                                                                        Last edited by mdoug; 20-05-15, 01:05.
                                                                                        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                                          Tonight it's Eurovision semi. Might have to wake the missus up later .
                                                                                          Do you wake her up for bad jokes and story time much m8

Comment

That vid going viral of LVG sums up why the man should not be paid millions to be the manager of a team that thinks it is a football institution.

United have found their level and I love it.

Cringeworthy, bitter and clueless stuff. United!

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                                                                                            Last edited by CHDad; 20-05-15, 01:06.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                                              Do you wake her up for bad jokes and story time much m8
                                                                                              Yep, she loves it when I want to m8 with her . Sorry my humour is not up to scratch , I'm watching and learning , thanks for any tips . Hope the vote goes your way Friday m8.

This m8 thing is fucking hilarious all the same please use it more

Comment

What kind of speed would you get without trying too hard, wondering what distance you'd cover in 15 mins

Sick I missed the gay betting. I don't know who originally posted but it gained zero traction till I went looking for and bumped it 2 days later. rabble rabble
                                                                                                X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

That vid going viral of LVG sums up why the man should not be paid millions to be the manager of a team that thinks it is a football institution.

United have found their level and I love it.

Cringeworthy, bitter and clueless stuff. United!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRsHRTV1Ktk
                                                                                                  Obsessed m8.

Now me Baba gone back to sleep so can I. You are doing a great job btw. IPB should pay you . I'm willing to chip in a bottle of vodka or an alco pop. Your choice .

Comment

Yep, she loves it when I want to m8 with her . Sorry my humour is not up to scratch , I'm watching and learning , thanks for any tips . Hope the vote goes your way Friday m8.

This m8 thing is fucking hilarious all the same please use it more
                                                                                                    Tips? From me? I am the the least funniest person on here m8.

Wait I know what you are doing, you are being gracious and stuff cause you are the actual funny guy. Oh you. HAHAHAHA keep being hilarious.

Obsessed m8.

Now me Baba gone back to sleep so can I. You are doing a great job btw. IPB should pay you . I'm willing to chip in a bottle of vodka or an alco pop. Your choice .
                                                                                                    Obsessed with seeing a club that breeds winner pickers and clueless retards who say things like ''lolerpool R bad I have baths in coddle whilst readin ronnie drew up de dubs'' fail.

Night m8.

Comment

Year of the next Irish general election - 2015 @ 5/2 wouldn't be the worst place ever to reinvest some of the referendum loots

Comment

Tips? From me? I am the the least funniest person on here m8.

Wait I know what you are doing, you are being gracious and stuff cause you are the actual funny guy. Oh you. HAHAHAHA keep being hilarious.

Obsessed with seeing a club that breeds winner pickers and clueless retards who say things like ''lolerpool R bad I have baths in coddle whilst readin ronnie drew up de dubs'' fail.

Night m8.
                                                                                                        Take that back young man or I'll change my vote to NO

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                                                          Plan on getting a Hybrid prefer the ergonomics/look of them, plan on using it to get somewhat fit & getting from point a to b from time to time also.

"
                                                                                                          To be fair a road bike is the proper tool for the job here and every bit as comfortable (though takes some getting used to). A road bike will also be significantly quicker/easier due to the narrower tyres. Most of the hybrids seem to have tyres in the 1.5" range which will slow you down massively. On top of that they tend to have mountain bike rather than road bike gearing which is slower and heavier with pointless gears you are unlikely to ever use.
                                                                                                          May you live in interesting times!

Comment

To be fair a road bike is the proper tool for the job here and every bit as comfortable (though takes some getting used to). A road bike will also be significantly quicker/easier due to the narrower tyres. Most of the hybrids seem to have tyres in the 1.5" range which will slow you down massively. On top of that they tend to have mountain bike rather than road bike gearing which is slower and heavier with pointless gears you are unlikely to ever use.
                                                                                                            Correct . Have both. The hybrid is outa here

Comment

Jesus I hope I never grow old

Why doesn't Ronan Mullen just come out and be done with it. He doth protest too much.
                                                                                                              Be interesting to see where all his financial backing comes from....Godfather Part III job I reckon.

Comment

I wouldn't think its assways and I don't see any markets way out of line with it . If Hillary messes up and the Republicunts find someone electable it could be very close.

Just lay Jeb IMO even tough he is probably the most electable on that list.
                                                                                                                Hilary is unelectable. Assuming the Dems don't cop that in time and unless a Sirhan Sirhan appears, she is a max lay.

Comment

Richard Bruton handing out Yes leaflets at the DART this morning. Jaysis, he's tiny. John clearly hogged all the pies growing up.

Resisted the urge to slag him about not getting selected by the local FG org.

One other thing: the government should be crowing more about its progressive agenda. By far the boldest Irish government ever in that regard and yet get no credit for it. Guess FG don't want alienate their conservative vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                                    surely gets a gig as a senator?
                                                                                                                    He'll be added to the ticket by HQ.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                                                      ... David Quinn ....'s a cunt.
                                                                                                                      Bingo

Comment

This is all true

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                                                                        Plan on getting a Hybrid prefer the ergonomics/look of them, plan on using it to get somewhat fit & getting from point a to b from time to time also. "
                                                                                                                        Danny as you said you are looking to get somewhat fit, a Hybrid is a complete waste of time as it will kill you to cycle it, there a lot heavier than a road bike, there more of a commuter bike but if it's mostly going to be used to get in some excersise and get fit, it's a road bike is what you want, anyone that specialises in bikes will tell you this, gl with the venture.

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                                                          Year of the next Irish general election - 2015 @ 5/2 wouldn't be the worst place ever to reinvest some of the referendum loots
                                                                                                                          Can't really see it being this year Kev. Off on their summer hols shortly with probably a referendum win . Back for a giveaway budget that won't be felt in voters pockets till January. Labour will want to get a bounce from throwing a few quid at the unions and cling on as long as possible for Job announcements / good monthly economic figures.

Always the possibility of an event I suppose .

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X