Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Selling parenting advice to all you noobs. €100 p/hr, cash only.

Selling kids too if any takers.
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Sick paint skills Hitch. Keeping me on my toes.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
        Yes indeed!
        post work is 5.30 for us normal folk btw!
        Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

There was definitely something in the water in Jan/Feb this year. I'm also on the IPB baby train - choo choo! Due early November - only one tho thank God! Good luck with the twins Dice!!

Comment

Must have been nothing on TV for the first few months of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by NuckChorris View Post
              There was definitely something in the water in Jan/Feb this year. I'm also on the IPB baby train - choo choo! Due early November - only one tho thank God! Good luck with the twins Dice!!
              Sporting Emporium IPB night out?

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                Must have been nothing on TV for the first few months of the year.
                The lads stopped playing live poker at night and look what happens ...

Comment

Originally posted by White Knight View Post
                  The lads stopped playing live poker at night and look what happens ...
                  Short term +EV move turns into a long term -EV move.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                    Was drinking in Keoghs with both Dice and Elbows until 9 that night and we all ended up late into the poker game. Must've been someone in there spiking our drinks!

Comment

Just need GAB and yourself to make announcements now and we have a full house.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                        Just need GAB and yourself to make announcements now and we have a full house.
                        Not even going to tempt fate.

And yourself!

Comment

I've just been told that GAB and Zod are expecting. May all our well wishes be with them

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                            I've just been told that GAB and Zod are expecting. May all our well wishes be with them
                            I'm the big spoon.

Comment

Munster junior cup final preview including each teams path to the final. May interest a few here.

Comment

Was drinking in Keoghs with both Dice and Elbows until 9 that night and we all ended up late into the poker game. Must've been someone in there spiking our drinks!
                                It was the rounds of Sambuca out the back of Sam's Bar.

Comment

It was the rounds of Sambuca out the back of Sam's Bar.
                                  Dice had 2 that must be why he got twins
                                  His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

IrishParentingBoards.com

Comment

How are most people voting in the other referendum. I'm a definite no

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                        I haven't heard anyone say or read anyone say they will vote Yes.

Comment

so the first rule of becoming a parent is to get out more

May sound counter-intuitive but trust me on this one

Comment

I think it's a weird notion to bar yourself from the possibility of voting for someone because they are under 35.

Obviously, the presidency is a borderline pointless office, but just as a matter of good thinking if someone came along who was perfect for the job and wanted to do it but was 28 and you've decided to vote in a referendum to bar yourself from voting for him. Why would you ever do that?

It's almost as if people think they'll be forced to vote for a 21 year old if the referendum passes, one can still vote (like most people nearly did last time) for a corrupt, bankrupt Fianna Fail property developer who is over 35 if one really wants to.

On a slight tangent, I find it a bit bizarre to allow people to vote who you deny the right to stand for election. Just seems weird.

I don't understand the opposition to that referendum at all but everyone seems to be gearing up for a No vote.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                              I haven't heard anyone say or read anyone say they will vote Yes.
                                              I'll be Yes, though it does seem doomed to fail.
                                              As Keane says the case for No is fairly weak, because ultimately if you don't want U35s as president you can choose not to vote for them in the actual election, so theres no real need to vote to prevent them running in the first place.

Comment

Yeah, I thought it strange that everybody wants equality for marriage based on sexuality for referendum 1 but want to deny equality with ageism for referendum 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                  I think it's a weird notion to bar yourself from the possibility of voting for someone because they are under 35.

Obviously, the presidency is a borderline pointless office, but just as a matter of good thinking if someone came along who was perfect for the job and wanted to do it but was 28 and you've decided to vote in a referendum to bar yourself from voting for him. Why would you ever do that?

It's almost as if people think they'll be forced to vote for a 21 year old if the referendum passes, one can still vote (like most people nearly did last time) for a corrupt, bankrupt Fianna Fail property developer who is over 35 if one really wants to.

On a slight tangent, I find it a bit bizarre to allow people to vote who you deny the right to stand for election. Just seems weird.

I don't understand the opposition to that referendum at all but everyone seems to be gearing up for a No vote.
                                                  Did I hear correctly that this one was 1/20 to pass at one stage not so long ago

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                    I'll be Yes, though it does seem doomed to fail.
                                                    As Keane says the case for No is fairly weak, because ultimately if you don't want U35s as president you can choose not to vote for them in the actual election, so theres no real need to vote to prevent them running in the first place.
                                                    What if all the candidates are U35?

Comment

Originally posted by White Knight View Post
                                                      Yeah, I thought it strange that everybody wants equality for marriage based on sexuality for referendum 1 but want to deny equality with ageism for referendum 2.
                                                      It just seems like really terrible thinking.

One of the housemates was asking about it last night, agreed the actual age requirement should be 18, then said he's voting no because changing it to 21 is stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                        Did I hear correctly that this one was 1/20 to pass at one stage not so long ago
                                                        Really? Everyone seems to be voting no as CHD said.

Comment

Yes of course, no I don't want some young retard as president but I'll trust the other retards to not let that happen. If you are good enough to be in there are 21 go for it.
                                                          Also could be hilarious if it happened.
                                                          Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 15-05-15, 15:17.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                            1/25 to fail on PP

Comment

yes because equality
                                                              X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                              Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

People have a massive bias towards voting no, any referendum that doesn't have a strong campaign behind it is usually doomed.

Comment

Hope people haven't exposed themselves too much to the Donegal No vote %,

Wee Daniel has just said "Vote Yes".

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                                                      Dice had 2 that must be why he got twins
                                                                      I had none. Nuck had a fair number.

Comment

I'd just be worried we will get a load of young fine gael student union types. Plus all the waffle you'd have to listen to about being a president for de yoof. Plus seeing a 21 year old president would just make me feel old. voting no largely out of spite really

Comment

then vote for the best one?

Comment

I suppose you can then go with your right not to vote at all, it still won't be compulsory for you to vote for one of them. You'll admittedly have been disenfranchised/disenfranchised yourself in this unlikely occurrence.
                                                                            The party presidential nomination is generally a reward for decades of service (and keeping schtum about the skeletons) so its highly likely anyway that the parties of the day will always have a number of elder candidates for your delectation.
                                                                            Last edited by ArmaniJeans; 15-05-15, 15:36.

Comment

All kidults are idiots = it makes sense to vote no
                                                                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                People have a massive bias towards voting no, any referendum that doesn't have a strong campaign behind it is usually doomed.
                                                                                We simply have to change the phrasing of the question, job done.

here are skinny jeans cops randomly
                                                                                Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.

Comment

If, hypothetically speaking, one decided not to go to work any more and email a resignation, what would be likely to happen, aside from not getting paid, and being thought a dick, etc. I assume you'd forfeit holiday pay due and so on? Hypothetical notice period being 2 weeks currently.

I assume they would still legally have to give confirmation that you worked there from date x to date y? That's all most places seem to do nowadays anyhow.

Comment

I doubt we are in any danger of letting an FDR or Churchill slip through the net if we keep it to over 35s

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                      If, hypothetically speaking, one decided not to go to work any more and email a resignation, what would be likely to happen, aside from not getting paid, and being thought a dick, etc. I assume you'd forfeit holiday pay due and so on? Hypothetical notice period being 2 weeks currently.

I assume they would still legally have to give confirmation that you worked there from date x to date y? That's all most places seem to do nowadays anyhow.
                                                                                      You got accepted to train driving college?

Comment

Mind you the number of people over 35 who remain Kiduklts is growing alarmingly!
                                                                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                          All kidults are idiots = it makes sense to vote no
                                                                                          So are adults m8

Comment

You got accepted to train driving college?
                                                                                            I wish.

Comment

Wow congrats nuck and elbows . Just to add to all this good news I was on to the missus and she has given a positive to a shag next October I iz excited . (Is with me btw)

Comment

I've heard of this happening before. The employer was more concerned about a wrongful dismissal case then the notice period. So they wrote out explicitly stating that if they didn't hear from the person then that was considered a formal resignation. Not very unusual but why wouldn't you just resign in the normal manner?
                                                                                                ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                  Mind you the number of people over 35 who remain Kiduklts is growing alarmingly!
                                                                                                  Fuck you granddad, us kidults try to pass it off as a midlife crisis!

Says he drinking cider on his way to a punk gig.
                                                                                                  Last edited by Guest; 15-05-15, 16:06. Reason: sites fucked

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                                                    I've heard of this happening before. The employer was more concerned about a wrongful dismissal case then the notice period. So they wrote out explicitly stating that if they didn't hear from the person then that was considered a formal resignation. Not very unusual but why wouldn't you just resign in the normal manner?
                                                                                                    Not saying I'll do it, just talking hypothetical if I didn't want to sit somewhere I hate any longer than necessary.

Comment

@Hitch. Allstaff working fine. Are you not finished there now?

Sorry for delay, was playing golf...lolacademia.

Comment

5star just mention a keen rival and say you got a job there then hand yourself into security

Comment

Not saying I'll do it, just talking hypothetical if I didn't want to sit somewhere I hate any longer than necessary.
                                                                                                          Jaysus it must be bad. What's your notice period? 4 weeks notice skips by but 3 months is a fucker. An alternative approach is to imply you are going to a competitor in a role that might force them to consider putting you on gardening leave.

Edit: sorry I read back that your notice period is 2 weeks. Just resign and sit there doing the bare minimum. Over before you know it.
                                                                                                          Last edited by V for Vendetta; 15-05-15, 16:13.
                                                                                                          ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                                                              Jaysus it must be bad. What's your notice period? 4 weeks notice skips by but 3 months is a fucker. An alternative approach is to imply you are going to a competitor in a role that might force them to consider putting you on gardening leave.

Edit: sorry I read back that your notice period is 2 weeks. Just resign and sit there doing the bare minimum. Over before you know it.
                                                                                                              2 weeks but goes to 2 months in late August. I'll probably hang around until after I get back from honeymoon late July, but ya, I really dislike it.

Comment

I absolutely hated the place I was working in in 2008, mainly due to the boss really as the job itself wasn't that bad. They made a few people redundant including me and I got a months notice. It was the best month I ever spent in that place and a nice way to wind everything down to be honest. Long lunches, great chat's/lunches/coffees with clients, never in a rush or under pressure to do anything, leave early etc. Boss never said a word, I guess he just said, feck it, he'll be gone in a couple of weeks.

Comment

I doubt we are in any danger of letting an FDR or Churchill slip through the net if we keep it to over 35s
                                                                                                                  Maybe a Russell Brand

Comment

<----------*** COUGH ***

If anyone is giving out solid parenting advice... I didn't get that tag from nowhere you know

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                                    Selling parenting advice to all you noobs. €100 p/hr, cash only.

Selling kids too if any takers.
                                                                                                                    Spiked with Viagra obviously

Comment

Congratulations Dice, Elbows and Nuck on the coming babies.

Lovely news. Hope the good ladies are all doing well

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                                                        <----------*** COUGH ***
                                                                                                                        If anyone is giving out solid parenting advice... I didn't get that tag from nowhere you know
                                                                                                                        Step 1: Verify there is actually a baby.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                                                          Step 1: Verify there is actually a baby.
                                                                                                                          Well I actually do own a heartbeat doppler so I could verify quite easily

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X