This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shano1888 View Post
    They were 2 down with 85 to play actually! Utterly naive approach.
    Huh ? they had the 1st leg under control until a genius stepped in .

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
      Rooney rode auld wans hookers.
      Dunno about galssing
      Terry was riding his team mates wife
      Giggs his brothers wife
      Mess tax cheat ? just throwing that one in

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
        Over 1.5 up. Freebie on Suarez @9/4
        Go and fuck off. 15 min sweat

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
          Huh ? they had the 1st leg under control until a genius stepped in .
          They went 1-0 up.
          Only needed to get 2 more.
          85 minutes to play.
          Playing at home.
          Kept high line against the best attacking trio in the World.

It is retarded tactics.

Comment

Its locked in now...

This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post
              Hindsight and that, but you absolutely cannot afford to concede. You have to remain in the game in these ties and if you concede a first half goal, that's basically game over. If your 1-0 up in the 70th minute, the game is still alive. As I said it's hindsight and if Bayern blitzed Barca and went 3-0 up after 20 mins Pep would be a genius, but I think going all out attack leaving yourself that vulnerable against Barcelona is a naive. Throw caution to the wind in the second half if you have to but you have to give yourself a chance and that's only achieved by not conceding in the first half.
              Kidding ? Keep it tight ? that option was left in Spain . Strike whilst the iron is hot . Pep is passing in the wind since the away leg

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                They went 1-0 up.
                Only needed to get 2 more.
                85 minutes to play.
                Playing at home.
                Kept high line against the best attacking trio in the World.

It is retarded tactics.
                Lol tis all . Pep knows more than the ipb methinks

Comment

Anyone else on tactical tips when you're 3-0 down to the most devastating attacking team in the world?

Comment

Nah...couldn't happen....
                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Trés sexy goal there from Lewandowski.

Comment

I've won more trophies than him in Championship Manager and Football Manager.

It's pretty obvious I'm a bit more qualified than him when it comes to tactics.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                          Anyone else on tactical tips when you're 3-0 down to the most devastating attacking team in the world?
                          No but I will reiterate that you need to remember that they are the most devastating attacking team in the world and defend.

Comment

Gotta love the Bayern fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                              bday cake?
                              Yeah de mudder slapped together a dairy-free birthday cake made of pastry, jam, meringue and sprinkled with almonds. Apparently it was her mother's recipe out of her own head. It was tops.
                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by shano1888 View Post
                                Gotta love the Bayern fans.
                                Time for Fields of Athenry

Comment

Not that hard to score 3, couple that with good defending and they might have been in a CL final.

Comment

One more in the next 5 please

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                      Time for Fields of Athenry
                                      The win like 98percent of the time. Nice to see imo

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                        That's what they want you to think. And you'd be forgiven for being of that opinion given that it literally states that in their P&L accounts. However, that is because of gigantic levels of silent state support. Particularly in tax-advantaged savings that they have exclusive rights to, and social services payments contracts, and associated other smaller handouts. (think they still collect 8% of licence fee for their dodgy attempts at collecting the tv licence). Assigning all those contracts properly would mean they'd be loss-making - ergo they are state subsidised.
                                        Drive 5 miles up that country road, and back, to deliver a single letter for me, and I'll give you 79c?
                                        Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                          Yeah de mudder slapped together a dairy-free birthday cake made of pastry, jam, meringue and sprinkled with almonds. Apparently it was her mother's recipe out of her own head. It was tops.
                                          Your picture of the cake isn't up to much.

Comment

Kidding ? Keep it tight ? that option was left in Spain . Strike whilst the iron is hot . Pep is passing in the wind since the away leg
                                            Not concede in the first half has to be aim number one, if that means keeping it tight, so be it. As CHD said, scoring three goals isn't that difficult. If you're within one or two goals with <30mins to go, that's not a bad spot to be in. To achieve that, not conceding is basically a must, and playing with those defensive tactics against that attack is just being incredibly optimistic.

sure no point debating anything ever so
                                            Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

What are people's thoughts on tomorrow's match? I didn't really watch the first game properly at all. Looking at Madrid to go through @ 4/5.

Comment

Not concede in the first half has to be aim number one, if that means keeping it tight, so be it. As CHD said, scoring three goals isn't that difficult. If you're within one or two goals with <30mins to go, that's not a bad spot to be in. To achieve that, not conceding is basically a must, and playing with those defensive tactics against that attack is just being incredibly optimistic.

sure no point debating anything ever so
                                                I've already debated with ya . The last point was to chd post, and we know there is no debating there

Comment

What are people's thoughts on tomorrow's match? I didn't really watch the first game properly at all. Looking at Madrid to go through @ 4/5.
                                                  Ronaldo to have an absolute stormer and carry Real through to the final, which he will single-handedly dominate whilst maintaining immaculate hair.
                                                  Last edited by Raoul Duke III; 12-05-15, 20:44.
                                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

I've already debated with ya . The last point was to chd post, and we know there is no debating there
                                                    You're right. No point debating when you know you are wrong. Just steadily backtrack to lolerpool posts and back into oblivion with the other manyoo bandwagoners, good lad!

Comment

Pep knows he's in the entertainment business, a fact which so many have lost sight of.

Long live Pep.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                        You're right. No point debating when you know you are wrong. Just steadily backtrack to lolerpool posts and back into oblivion with the other manyoo bandwagoners, good lad!

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                          Ronaldo to have an absolute stormer and carry Real through to the final, which he will single-handedly dominate whilst maintaining immaculate hair.
                                                          Very chd there meight

Comment

job seeking atm, think I'll hand the CV in at Bayern Munchen.
                                                            Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Very chd there meight
                                                              Well he is a self-proclaimed genius so thank you

Comment

Ronaldo is sound I'd say despite having the reputation of being a cunt
                                                                Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Ronaldo is sound I'd say despite having the reputation of being a cunt
                                                                    He actually used to come across very well in interviews when he was at MU. Used the word 'polemical' in an interview once which was a refreshing change from tbe usual brain-dead grunters.

Lost his way once he got away from Sir Alex's guidance imo and started believing the hype of Marca etc.

Comment

Comment

He actually used to come across very well in interviews when he was at MU. Used the word 'polemical' in an interview once which was a refreshing change from tbe usual brain-dead grunters.

Lost his way once he got away from Sir Alex's guidance imo and started believing the hype of Marca etc.
                                                                        I'm being 100% genuine btw in my Messi and Ronaldo personality analysis despite the brash language. I always thought Ronaldo came across very well albeit if a bit arrogant at times, but he genuinely seems like a good guy. Messi seems like he might be a bit of a smarmy prick. Ronaldo is at least unapologetic-ally arrogant/self-confident.
                                                                        Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Pretty sound at the end of this clip.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

And also donated €5m to Nepal last week.

Comment

So Messi is a cunt but the best on the pitch and Ronaldo is a top lad but a cunt on the pitch.

Comment

Don't forget Ronaldo has proved himself in the greatest league in the world. Easy to knock in a few against mallorca after a feed of tapas, Stoke on a wet winter night is a different matter

Comment

Hitch, were you stung for your tv license recently?
                                                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Since we're doing this I'll let you into my head at one point during the match tonight. I was musing about talented Messi is with a football, and I wondered at how amazing he must be at cunnilingus. The things he can do with a football, just imagine what he could do with a clitoris.

Then, naturally, I had the thought he would be nothing compared to Ronaldo in this department. That prompted a debate between two parts of my mind. One side had it that Ronaldo is a Greek God, full of testosterone, and would give a lady the monster fuck of her young life. Fair enough said the other side, but we are talking about cunnilingus here. Messi is a team player.

Personally I think the matter should be settled empirically in a Pay Per View extravaganza.

Comment

...
                                                                                    Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 12-05-15, 21:28.

Comment

JamFly, thinking of heading to Limerick for the soccer on Saturday evening. Is the ground easy to get to and access? Presume it's ok to just pay at the gate? Will be driving from Killarney.

Comment

...
                                                                                        Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 12-05-15, 21:35.

Comment

Wait till you get a load of the french postal system Hitch, baguettes they shove through the letterbox to be waiting on your....reception hall ? WTF, Where were you raised ? Hitch Manor ?
                                                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

...

Comment

Is that not what its called?! The hallway just in front of the front door.
                                                                                              I would call it just a hallway. Technically i suppose you receive people there into your home through there, as long as they are not TV license inspectors.
                                                                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

The Ian Bailey €2m to €5m of legal fees that he was been ordered to pay.
                                                                                                i find the range hilarious. If it was 2 - 2.5 million or 5 - 6 million even fair enough(well sort of!). 2 - 5 million just seems likes they're making it up. Maybe if they said 3.5 million +/- 1.5 million it wouldn't sound so random

Comment

Since we're doing this I'll let you into my head at one point during the match tonight. I was musing about talented Messi is with a football, and I wondered at how amazing he must be at cunnilingus. The things he can do with a football, just imagine what he could do with a clitoris.

Then, naturally, I had the thought he would be nothing compared to Ronaldo in this department. That prompted a debate between two parts of my mind. One side had it that Ronaldo is a Greek God, full of testosterone, and would give a lady the monster fuck of her young life. Fair enough said the other side, but we are talking about cunnilingus here. Messi is a team player.

Personally I think the matter should be settled empirically in a Pay Per View extravaganza.
                                                                                                  I'd sat it would take a brave woman to allow Suarez take a nibble down there

Comment

...
                                                                                                    Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 12-05-15, 21:53.

Comment

Presumably it was no foal no fee, but there's still a hefty cost for his side taking the case. Would they just be hoping to get their legal fees paid, or would they have arranged a portion of any award too? ('hypothetically speaking' if that suits the circumstances better).
                                                                                                      No portion of any award. Just fees. Obviously I have no idea how this one was specifically arranged but that's just a general rule. You take some cases knowing they'll never get paid but you take them anyway. This one was probably worth a shot and the risk would have been worth the potential fees, plus it's a fascinating case. Some people would have only taken that case with some money up front. It all depends.

Any chance of a guesstimate of what the cost to his legal team of taking the case would have been?
                                                                                                      Both sides had the same basic structure of counsel, solicitor etc and they were there for the same length of time.

Also, is there any potential liability to the legal team for covering these awarded costs if it can be argued that they should have dissuaded him through their legal expertise from taking the case in the first place?
                                                                                                      There'll be an advice given at some point setting out the risks involved; both of the case itself and the costs risk. Literally one of the first things you're taught is always make sure the client understands the costs risk. Ultimately you can only proceed with these cases if the client wants to and a case this big means he would have been sat down at some point and everything would have been very clearly put to him.

If you want to engage in litigation there is a serious risk. Can't help that, it's just part and parcel of it. Most litigation is very cheap and very quick. The odd case like this is the spectacular exception.
                                                                                                      You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                                      World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                                        JamFly, thinking of heading to Limerick for the soccer on Saturday evening. Is the ground easy to get to and access? Presume it's ok to just pay at the gate? Will be driving from Killarney.
                                                                                                        to the Limerick FC game yeah? Ground is just behind the train station (it'd be about a 5 min walk from Timeout), kinda hard to spot the entrance if you've never been there before, it's basically in between two houses. Parking is just roadside parking. Yeah you can pay at the gate.
                                                                                                        Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

to the Limerick FC game yeah? Ground is just behind the train station (it'd be about a 5 min walk from Timeout), kinda hard to spot the entrance if you've never been there before, it's basically in between two houses. Parking is just roadside parking. Yeah you can pay at the gate.
                                                                                                          Did not know any of that so tyvm. Game is 6.30 so can still sneak in a game of cards after. So park up somewhere near timeout and just follow the crowd?

Comment

...

Comment

@ Hotspur If you are struggling with the play through requirements for the bonus on B365 I seen someone posted on boards that if you pick a player you know won't play in a game as any or first goalscorer you obviously get the stake refunded but it counts towards the amount you need to bet.

Opr

Comment

Thanks!

And, without wanting to distract from that thanks, but:
                                                                                                                Yeah, I know you have a thing about legal costs but it's like I said: most litigation is very cheap and very quick. That DoJ report has a very particular agenda behind it.

The VAST majority of civil litigation work is done in the District and Circuit court with a maximum value now of €75,000.

All forms of litigation have become cheaper. Outliers like medical negligence cases (which take - and this is not an exaggeration - between 5 and 10 years to complete) and the Bailey case are not indicative. Actually the High Court isn't indicative of costs as a whole. The World Bank figures you quote are for enforcement of business contracts and the figures for Ireland are skewed because of the relatively low threshold to get into the High Court when the figures were compiled (which has been changed).

If you want to talk about the cost of commercial litigation that's fine, I am talking about overall figures.
                                                                                                                You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                                                World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

I'll leave this question here for the morning arrival of the legal eagles. The Ian Bailey €2m to €5m of legal fees that he was been ordered to pay. How would that have been arranged with his legal team given that his chances of being able to pay a tenner towards even his own legal fees are close to zero?

Presumably it was no foal no fee, but there's still a hefty cost for his side taking the case..
                                                                                                                  Its a scam, like a good 60% of everything that goes through the Irish legal system. Its a scam run solely for the benefit of the Leagles, everyone gets paid by the taxpayer Its a lose lose for us and the punter looking or justice.

Saw the resolution of a case recently that was dragged out for five years with both sides legal teams refusing to settle, always coming up with last minute nonsense to keep the ball in he air. Finally gets to court and in minutes the case is done and dusted the plaintiff is called a liar by the judge and admonished for bringing his spurious case. Oh and both sides pay their own costs - GTFO
                                                                                                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                                                    Did not know any of that so tyvm. Game is 6.30 so can still sneak in a game of cards after. So park up somewhere near timeout and just follow the crowd?
                                                                                                                    ya that's your best bet I'd say. Ground is very near and there'd be better parking options on Parnell St where Timeout is I'd say.
                                                                                                                    Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Limerick v Boring Cork...

Bray v Pats is what you want. Newbie will put you up, Fuzzy Logic will pm you the sights.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                                                        Bayern to go through @11/1, worth a cheeky tenner.
                                                                                                                        I very rarely say this, I also very rarely start a sentence with if/and or but. But that is worse value than buying me a pitcher.
                                                                                                                        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

There has been 6 pages since I was last online. I am not going to read them but I got 9/10 in the champions league round and the one I got stumped on shall follow.

DO NOT BE A DICK! By that I mean, if you don't know the answer then google and find out and post it, people(megatron) might actually enjoy this question!! Don't pretend like you knew it.

The question is:
                                                                                                                          Which player has scored for SIX different teams in the champions league. I was truly stumped and went with Anelka which was wrong.
                                                                                                                          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X