X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post

lol delusional united fans
    It's called the Liverpool delusion effect.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
      It's called the Liverpool delusion effect.
      That takes more than 1 season to come into effect. Chelsea don't stand much of a chance with those strikers
      Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
        That takes more than 1 season to come into effect. Chelsea don't stand much of a chance with those strikers
        Yeah, adding assists and goals in Fabregas and Costa to a team who threw away the league last year has decreased Chelseas chances.

Chelsea and City will be clear at the top.

Comment

Yeah, adding assists and goals in Fabregas and Costa to a team who threw away the league last year has decreased Chelseas chances.

My head knows this is true but the heart thinks Liverpool win the treble.
          airport, lol

Comment

All you really have is Costa, can't see Torres doing much yet again. I hear he might be planning to offload Schurrle.

To suit my argument you've won it once in the past 8 years... turning slowly into Arsenal.

Comment

All you really have is Costa, can't see Torres doing much yet again. I hear he might be planning to offload Schurrle.

To suit my argument you've won it once in the past 8 years... turning slowly into Arsenal.
              Compare our squad of the past 8 years to the one we have now. Fabregas is an assist machine. Not acknowledging him is lol. Torres won't play much. Doubt Schurrle is going anywhere and he only had a bit part role last season.

Arsenal have won 2 FA cups in the last decade.

Chelsea have won 3 Leagues, 1 Champions League, 1 Europa League, 4 FA cups and a League Cup in the last decade.

Comment

Lolchelsea

Do we have some bet chd?
                X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Compare our squad of the past 8 years to the one we have now. Fabregas is an assist machine. Not acknowledging him is lol. Torres won't play much. Doubt Schurrle is going anywhere and he only had a bit part role last season.

Arsenal have won 2 FA cups in the last decade.

Chelsea have won 3 Leagues, 1 Champions League, 1 Europa League, 4 FA cups and a League Cup in the last decade.
                  Have to say CFC are in with a shout!

Schurrle is a fab player! I don't see why they'd "off-load" him.

Comment

It would be a bit silly to ignore that Chelsea have a great team and on paper will be one the ones to beat, hopefully on the field they crumble.
                    airport, lol

Comment

Schurlle > Willian IMO

Comment

Originally posted by The-Rigger View Post
                        Lolchelsea

Do we have some bet chd?
                        already? Don't think so.
                        Originally posted by Bodybuilder View Post
                        Have to say CFC are in with a shout!

Schurrle is a fab player! I don't see why they'd "off-load" him.
                        He is a great impact sub.
                        It would be a bit silly to ignore that Chelsea have a great team and on paper will be one the ones to beat, hopefully on the field they crumble.
                        City are the team to beat. Strongest on paper.

Comment

already? Don't think so.

He is a great impact sub.

City are the team to beat. Strongest on paper.
                          Well when I said one of the ones, I was including city in that, I'll spell it out for ya next time mate.
                          airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
                            Schurlle > Willian IMO
                            It is close. William is solid and works his bollocks off. Schurrle seems to only do the business off the bench. I would prefer Schurrle started ahead of him. The whole having defensive attacking midfielders is holding the team back imo.

Comment

Well when I said one of the ones, I was including city in that, I'll spell it out for ya next time mate.
                              The is no one of the ones. City are the team to beat.

Comment

The is no one of the ones. City are the team to beat.
                                No.
                                airport, lol

Comment

@SatNav

Any recommendations on eating out in Portlaoise? Somewhere town centre preferably.

Comment

[NSFW="SFW... but it is from chat roulette"][/NSFW]
                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

No.
                                      Stick to the aeroplanes.

Comment

I'm not ignoring them, just don't think they will be close with their current squad. Mata was an assist machine and he sold him thankfully.

I'd rate Chelsea's chances the same as Arsenals. City on top and us 4th

Comment

I'm not ignoring them, just don't think they will be close with their current squad. Mata was an assist machine and he sold him thankfully.

I'd rate Chelsea's chances the same as Arsenals. City on top and us 4th
                                          If Mata is an assist machine then Fabregas is an assist factory.

Comment

City are favourites, but it's gona be a two horse race between Chelsea and City. Arsenal should show improvements and will probably finish 3rd.

Not sure where United and Liverpool fit in. Liverpool were class last season and it was a pity they blew their one chance at the impossible. No Suarez and Gerrard a year older won't help, and I don't know how their new signings will fit in. Rodgers is a great coach but hasn't always been the best in transfer market (or whoever is responsible). If the transfers in work out, they could do well. I think there'll be a hangover from last year though so top 2 again is definitely out of the question. I think they'll finish 4th but it's tough to call with them and United as there's a lot of new variables with those two clubs.

If United get Rooney and RVP performing to the level they're capable of, that alone will make a massive difference. Van Gaal will surely need another defender brought in to avoid seriously struggling at some point in the season. Think it'll be an improvement on last year, but the top 4 these days is incredibly competitive so think they'll just finish fifth. Really close to call between Pool and United though.

Outside that, who knows. Not many people talking bout Spurs but no real reason to talk about them. The team has good players so hopefully Pochettino gets the best out of them. I think a team like Leicester could surprise and get a top 8 finish.
                                            Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

New Caribou album leaked for any folk whod be into that kind of stuff
                                              airport, lol

Comment

Chelsea
                                                City
                                                Arsenal
                                                United
                                                Liverpool
                                                Spurs
                                                Everton
                                                Hull
                                                Stoke
                                                Palace

Bookmarked for interest :P

Comment

Experimenting with a solitary trip to the theatre. Feels liberating.
                                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Honestly think at worst for united they won't be more than 5 points off 2nd and will be a handy 3rd. Not going to invest money in them actually winning the league but if I were to bet I would bet on them top 3, just not gonna lock my money up for a year at odds on though. Might include it in a year long accum, gonna do a few of those
                                                    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Chelsea
                                                      City
                                                      Arsenal
                                                      United
                                                      Liverpool
                                                      Spurs
                                                      Everton
                                                      Hull
                                                      Stoke
                                                      Palace

Bookmarked for interest :P
                                                      City
                                                      United
                                                      Arsenal
                                                      Chelsea
                                                      Liverpool
                                                      Spurs
                                                      Everton
                                                      Southampton
                                                      Stoke
                                                      ammm, Leicester for the craic

Figured I'd join ya for the lols
                                                      Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by BabyHawk View Post
                                                        @SatNav

Any recommendations on eating out in Portlaoise? Somewhere town centre preferably.
                                                        Here is fab! http://www.seasonsbistro.ie/

Plenty of choice here from Thai to good ould home cooking https://ogormans.ie/

This is ok too http://www.relishbrasserie.com/

Portlaoise is brutal for nice grub.
                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                          City
                                                          United
                                                          Arsenal
                                                          Chelsea
                                                          Liverpool
                                                          Spurs
                                                          Everton
                                                          Southampton
                                                          Stoke

Do you honestly believe that will be how it finishes?

Lets have another wager

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle SatNav View Post

Maybe we could all chip in and set up a restaurant there, I know a guy.
                                                            airport, lol

Comment

Do you honestly believe that will be how it finishes?

Lets have another wager
                                                              Do I get a handicap this year? you be huge favourites yo! Will let ya know next week about the bet, if nani goes and hernandez stays I'll do it alright. Never liked Nani.
                                                              Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Honestly think at worst for united they won't be more than 5 points off 2nd and will be a handy 3rd. Not going to invest money in them actually winning the league but if I were to bet I would bet on them top 3, just not gonna lock my money up for a year at odds on though. Might include it in a year long accum, gonna do a few of those
                                                                I'll give you 5/6 for United top 3 finish if you want and we can settle up at the end of the season?
                                                                Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

First thing I saw on the post and read that as orgasms.ie and was very sad after clicking the link
                                                                  Go big or go homeless.

Comment

What's that kebab place in Portlaoise? Was driving to Dublin about 2 years ago and my friend was one of those that wants to stop every hour. We stop off at this kebab place in Portlaoise and your man tells us people come from Dublin for the food there. It was fairly decent, very good as far as chippers go I suppose.

edit: actually looking at the above, think we tried both O'Gormans and Season Bistro but they weren't open or something
                                                                    Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

First thing I saw on the post and read that as orgasms.ie and was very sad after clicking the link
                                                                      no wonder you're so good at Countdown.

Actually, is there any clip of you from the show? Never saw it the time you were on.
                                                                      Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post
                                                                        I'll give you 5/6 for United top 3 finish if you want and we can settle up at the end of the season?
                                                                        Nah I can get higher than that on betfair if I wanted and wouldn't miss a few hundred in a betting account the way poker has gone of late. Probably just going to have a fun bet with Chad and then have one big ass €500 accumulator with ridic fun bets to return 100k+

Anyone any thoughts on who will get promoted from each league?

no wonder you're so good at Countdown.

Actually, is there any clip of you from the show? Never saw it the time you were on.
                                                                        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

What's that kebab place in Portlaoise? Was driving to Dublin about 2 years ago and my friend was one of those that wants to stop every hour. We stop off at this kebab place in Portlaoise and your man tells us people come from Dublin for the food there. It was fairly decent, very good as far as chippers go I suppose.

edit: actually looking at the above, think we tried both O'Gormans and Season Bistro but they weren't open or something
                                                                          Zam Zam kebab house main street??

rumour has it the food chiefs were in there lately, got some bad press about the town seemingly. not sure exactly what was up though
                                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                            I was too strong a character to get wrapped up in it all - I would passively attend certain internal meetings but I was always several moves ahead in the game of chess. I always made sure that others knew I was several moves ahead.
                                                                            Facepalm.
                                                                            Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

championship is starting in 2 days... how did I miss that :/
                                                                              Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                                                Facepalm.
                                                                                Cringe.
                                                                                Go big or go homeless.

Comment

So placed a bet last weekend a treble first two bets won, the third was Justin rose e/w without Garcia and McIlroy but bet said lost anybody know why it would have lost??

Comment

City
                                                                                    United
                                                                                    Arsenal
                                                                                    Chelsea
                                                                                    Liverpool
                                                                                    Spurs
                                                                                    Everton
                                                                                    Southampton
                                                                                    Stoke

In for the lols too

1 City
                                                                                    2 Chelsea
                                                                                    3 Arsenal
                                                                                    4 Liverpool
                                                                                    5 United
                                                                                    6 Everton
                                                                                    7 Spurs
                                                                                    8 Leicester
                                                                                    9 Newcastle
                                                                                    10 West Ham
                                                                                    11 Crystal Palace
                                                                                    12 QPR
                                                                                    13 Aston Villa
                                                                                    14 Sunderland
                                                                                    15 Swansea
                                                                                    16 Southampton
                                                                                    17 Stoke
                                                                                    18 Hull City
                                                                                    19 West Brom
                                                                                    20 Burnley
                                                                                    Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Nah I can get higher than that on betfair if I wanted and wouldn't miss a few hundred in a betting account the way poker has gone of late. Probably just going to have a fun bet with Chad and then have one big ass €500 accumulator with ridic fun bets to return 100k+

Anyone any thoughts on who will get promoted from each league?

http://www.videoweed.es/file/3qf5wqu3agzrf

ha class, will watch now .
                                                                                      Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Do I get a handicap this year? you be huge favourites yo! Will let ya know next week about the bet, if nani goes and hernandez stays I'll do it alright. Never liked Nani.
                                                                                        Yeah I will obv have to

What ya reckon?
                                                                                        In for the lols too

1 City
                                                                                        2 Chelsea
                                                                                        3 Arsenal
                                                                                        4 Liverpool
                                                                                        5 United
                                                                                        6 Everton
                                                                                        7 Spurs
                                                                                        8 Leicester
                                                                                        9 Newcastle
                                                                                        10 West Ham
                                                                                        11 Crystal Palace
                                                                                        12 QPR
                                                                                        13 Aston Villa
                                                                                        14 Sunderland
                                                                                        15 Swansea
                                                                                        16 Southampton
                                                                                        17 Stoke
                                                                                        18 Hull City
                                                                                        19 West Brom
                                                                                        20 Burnley
                                                                                        Since mdoug won't give you action would you like to take Leicester and I will take Hull in a €50 season match bet. Give us a second team for the season.

Comment

Trying to watch Sunday game but nothing will play on RTE player, just for me or same for others?
                                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                            Brag: first five figure trading day
                                                                                            Beat: was negative
                                                                                            Variance: lots
                                                                                            What/where are you trading Shane?
                                                                                            Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

lol Celtic.

St.Pats would have knocked them out.

Comment

Trying to watch Sunday game but nothing will play on RTE player, just for me or same for others?
                                                                                                Didn't work first time, but then I played a random news thing and tried again and it worked. Might be temperamental.

Comment

Cringe.
                                                                                                  When I looked it up it didn't mean what I thought it did.

Comment

She is 21 years old, 24 inches tall.

Comment

Nice to see you found love Chadley.

Comment

Actually, looks more like Keane.

Comment

Yeah I will obv have to

What ya reckon?

Since mdoug won't give you action would you like to take Leicester and I will take Hull in a €50 season match bet. Give us a second team for the season.
                                                                                                          I just wanna wait until I find out about fellaini/kagawa/hernandez/nani tbh, in a weeks time I'll do some fun bets re: united but when it's your team you kinda wanna wait to bet. If Jamfly says no I'll have Leicester, otherwise we'll discuss this next week.

Gonna have a 1000/1 accum for €100 too, gimme some tips for who'll get promoted in all the leagues mate.

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                                                                          When I looked it up it didn't mean what I thought it did.
                                                                                                          NO NINJA EDITS ON MY WATCH!!

She is 21 years old, 24 inches tall.
                                                                                                          Lucky fucker Keane, I definitely would
                                                                                                          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

I would as well tbf but I'm def better looking than that guy

Comment

lol delusional united fans
                                                                                                              Meh, Man Utd have been pretty much best priced to win the league with PP for weeks now and people probably looked elsewhere to back City (PP best priced now)

I've backed them to lay them after 8 games. They start against Swansea, Sunderland, Burnley, Queens Park Rangers, Leicester, West Ham, Everton and West Bromwich.

City have to play Chelsea, Liverpool, Spurs, Arsenal and Newcastle in their first 8.

Seems better value backing Utd over City

Comment

Yeah I will obv have to

What ya reckon?

I just wanna wait until I find out about fellaini/kagawa/hernandez/nani tbh, in a weeks time I'll do some fun bets re: united but when it's your team you kinda wanna wait to bet. If Jamfly says no I'll have Leicester, otherwise we'll discuss this next week.

Gonna have a 1000/1 accum for €100 too, gimme some tips for who'll get promoted in all the leagues mate.

bleh, talk about not putting my money where my mouth is :P Dunno why I said Hull would get relegated, they've a decent manager and a decent squad, I suppose I couldn't see anyone else getting relegated. Gwan Mdoug, it's all yours.

This having another team to root for does interest me though, I think Villa could overachieve if either of ye want to take another team versus Villa? Ye can have any of the teams I've listed below Villa (bar Stoke, just because the bookies seem to think Stoke are class. I don't like Mark Hughes so was probably harsh to them in my prediction).
                                                                                                                Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                                                  I would as well tbf but I'm def better looking than that guy
                                                                                                                  If this is true then why does he have this hottie? He doesn't even have the Irish charm either... time to step up keane and get us some pics with hotties in jerseys this weekend, a girl in a jersey tbf
                                                                                                                  Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Zam Zam kebab house main street??

rumour has it the food chiefs were in there lately, got some bad press about the town seemingly. not sure exactly what was up though
                                                                                                                    Could well be, can't remember the name at all tbh. We parked in the square (what I'd assume would be called the square anyway) by a Ladbrokes and it was just around the corner from that.
                                                                                                                    Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                                                                      Lol.
                                                                                                                      I know the fella behind Dialog Ireland, one story about Tony Q involved a masseuse with an altar to him (picture, lighted candles, the works) in her office.
                                                                                                                      Mike Garde? Having an ultra Christian guy behind a site exposing cults is kinda like a Southern Baptist having a site about evolution imo. The site smacks of a smear job on organisations which might draw people away from Christianity, and I am assuming this is his real aim with the site.

There is stuff about the Dublin Buddhist Centre on it, and warning people about them is bizarre. Yes there are some things which could be said about the sexual behaviour of founder of, what is know known as, the Triratna Buddhist Order, but having this up on the site about the DBC is ridiculous imo.

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                                      Experimenting with a solitary trip to the theatre. Feels liberating.
                                                                                                                      My preferred choice. Has the advantage of permitting going on a whim, and not having to feel responsible for the play being good that you dragged the person to. Also being with someone not enjoying it lessens my enjoyment.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                                                        I'm def better looking than that guy
                                                                                                                        Tom, I demand trial by combat. Put that BBV voting thingy up please so that this issue may be decided once and for all.

Comment

bleh, talk about not putting my money where my mouth is :P Dunno why I said Hull would get relegated, they've a decent manager and a decent squad, I suppose I couldn't see anyone else getting relegated. Gwan Mdoug, it's all yours.

This having another team to root for does interest me though, I think Villa could overachieve if either of ye want to take another team versus Villa? Ye can have any of the teams I've listed below Villa (bar Stoke, just because the bookies seem to think Stoke are class. I don't like Mark Hughes so was probably harsh to them in my prediction).
                                                                                                                          Soton for me for 50 plz, think they'll still get top 10 solely due to the incompetence of other teams
                                                                                                                          and booked with chd for leicester
                                                                                                                          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X