This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dobby View Post
    No. Spectating tonight. Playing tomorrow for our promotion.
    will you be cheering on Tralee in the Munster Junior Cup final next week? They were a great price in the semi versus Janesboro, think they might be underpriced for the final too.
    Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
      Sounds good. Love a bit of Liverpool F.C

Comment

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post
        What do you think would happen if this tactic was employed:

1) Go 1-0 up in a match

2) Bring on two 7'5 tanks

3) Put one in goals and one outfield

4) Goalie drops ball onto outfielders head and catches

5) Repeat step 4) until final whistle
        I'd break their legs too m8.

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
          Four hours of golf. Mrs alseep on the couch. Bottle of vino. Gr8
          did she make buns
          X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
            I thought the bet was for 6 pounds not 5 pounds and two fifty pence pieces m8
            Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
              excite now m8
              how many doq's till I liquidate you

Comment

excite now m8
                how many doq's till I liquidate you
                I've loads of currency m8.

Comment

8 y/o daughter has tuned tbe radio to some deep south country station and is singing along enthusiastically to songs about standin' by your man who done you wrong, and suchlike.

Both a hilarious and disturbing development
                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

did she make buns
                    No buns today unfortunately. Had her cleaning the house so that probably tired her out.
                    His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                      Irish times magazine hot or not section always good for a sneer
                      Hot today: #talkpay -people tweeting their salaries to help put a stop to pay inequality
                      Not as bad as yer wan who is the restaurant critic. I could pull better reviews outta my ass.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                        Not as bad as yer wan who is the restaurant critic. I could pull better reviews outta my ass.
                        Then there's that Roisin ingle bint

Comment

Probably a misstep, having a bottle of wine and a pint of Guinness before Hedda Gabler. Still pretty fucking good. The sound of the passing luas' the only irritation.
                          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Paudie mahony Waterford free taker extra ordinaire with bad leg break tonight in a club match. Sport such a cruel Mistress

Comment

Anyone going into the LGBT thing in Merrion Sq tomorrow?
                                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                  Anyone going into the LGBT thing in Merrion Sq tomorrow?
                                  Going out to Blanchardstown shopping centre today there were people handing out No flyers at the traffic lights to stopped cars. I was going to try and ask them to explain their reasoning for a No vote but the missus convinced me (by using the "I really will be annoyed if you do this" disapproving face) to put the window back up and ignore them. Not many people taking their flyers though from what I could see.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                    I was nearly washed away yesterday with the rain. What kind of temps you getting ?
                                    26ish in the shade, peaking at 32-35 in direct sunlight. Pool weather

Comment

will you be cheering on Tralee in the Munster Junior Cup final next week? They were a great price in the semi versus Janesboro, think they might be underpriced for the final too.
                                      Yeah of course I'd like to see the Kerry team do well. They're just not a likeable bunch. I was listening to the Janesboro on the radio and sounded like they played excellent. Lost a cup replay last week to Killarney Athletic 5-3 on pens. Killarney Athletic just lost 3-1 to Listowel. Depends how playing two high tempo games might have affeceted them. Athletic gave them a right go over the two games.

Comment

Bit to mad to think how you can win the league every year and be a failure. I guess the manner of the CL exits really puts a black mark on his tenure.
                                        Ya the manner of the defeats definitely makes it worse.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                          Going out to Blanchardstown shopping centre today there were people handing out No flyers at the traffic lights to stopped cars. I was going to try and ask them to explain their reasoning for a No vote but the missus convinced me (by using the "I really will be annoyed if you do this" disapproving face) to put the window back up and ignore them. Not many people taking their flyers though from what I could see.
                                          I saw them too, was wondering if they were No campaigners, was kinda dissapointed they weren't at my lights. They were on the bridge at EBay.
                                          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by gorrrr72 View Post
                                            26ish in the shade, peaking at 32-35 in direct sunlight. Pool weather
                                            Cunt.

Comment

Have to say the Players is a much more enjoyable tourney than the masters over the last few years
                                              His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Was anyone following the 'My wife is dying' thread on boards, so sad.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by darwinatemyhamster View Post
                                                    just had a quick look at the thread and this post literally made me sick to my stomach:

I'm so sorry PTK. I know you'll have no regrets. X
                                                    Originally posted by PTK
                                                    I do have a regret though, I know it doesnt matter now but I wish my wife didn't feel so afraid dying. My wife was a catholic and believed to the end that she was going to hell because she had an abortion when she was 15. In her last days of pain and suffering she was terrified of being punished when she died. I don't believe and I regret and I will always regret that I couldnt console her or assure her that there was no such place as hell. I regret that her last thoughts were full of fear
                                                    don't want to derail from the topic but it's clear the husband felt somewhat similarly too. Say what you want about organised religion but using fear to control people has resulted in this woman living in fear and horror in her final days, fucking sick.
                                                    Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by darwinatemyhamster View Post
                                                      Yeah. Genuinely felt bad for the family when I read that she'd passed. Very sad thread. Hopefully the guy got some comfort from posting.

Comment

Comment

I was hoping to post this tomorrow afternoon but I'm happy to do it now.

Athletico Ardfert have a bogball match tomorrow and have just given us a walkover. Very late notice so we get 3 points and we get promoted! I get to play against my old club next season and win my first senior soccer medal!

Get dafuq in there!

Comment

I always thought Limbo was were Spurs fans were sent when they died , until I thought about it rationally and realised they are sent there alive .

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                              In fairness the one good thing that religion has is that for its true believers it makes them okay with dying due to the eternal life thing.

I seriously can't believe though that we spent a decent amount of time in school being taught about places like limbo, hell and heaven and then had to sit an exam on it. Its very very weird.

Has anyone ever described what you actually get in heaven? I guess its just a general idea that you feel amazing on an eternal basis. Hell was very specific with the burning, but heaven not so much. Limbo being some sort of temporary hell but that you could eventually get into heaven. But if you'd confessed your sins and said the required hail marys before dying then you could avoid the whole rigmarole of limbo and jump straight into the vip club. How was all that said to us with a straight face?
                                                              that's true alright, it was actually always one of the stronger positives for religion in my mind. Just sad to see that what was supposed to give people peace in their dying moments actually did the opposite for this woman.
                                                              Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

If a baby dies without being baptized , it is sent to white heart lane by jebus

Comment

Comment

Heaven would be no craic, full of old people.

Comment

Comment

In fairness the one good thing that religion has is that for its true believers it makes them okay with dying due to the eternal life thing.

I seriously can't believe though that we spent a decent amount of time in school being taught about places like limbo, hell and heaven and then had to sit an exam on it. Its very very weird.

Has anyone ever described what you actually get in heaven? I guess its just a general idea that you feel amazing on an eternal basis. Hell was very specific with the burning, but heaven not so much. Limbo being some sort of temporary hell but that you could eventually get into heaven. But if you'd confessed your sins and said the required hail marys before dying then you could avoid the whole rigmarole of limbo and jump straight into the vip club. How was all that said to us with a straight face?
                                                                        on a lighter note, my Junior Cert year would've been one of the first years (I think) to have to sit an RE (religious education) state exam. For the pres, a friend of mine answered "Jesus" to every one of the short questions, and then for the long questions, wrote "That would be an ecumenical matter". Rebellious protest I'm sure
                                                                        Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

just had a quick look at the thread and this post literally made me sick to my stomach:

don't want to derail from the topic but it's clear the husband felt somewhat similarly too. Say what you want about organised religion but using fear to control people has resulted in this woman living in fear and horror in her final days, fucking sick.

Im not getting that vibe myself.

No offence but as I explained its this kind of belief in the here after that caused my wife so much emotional pain before she died, her belief in the here after caused her more pain than dying did. I have as much chance of seeing her again as she has of being punished for something she did s a child.
                                                                          Bit of a thanks whore though in fairness...
                                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                              Paudie mahony Waterford free taker extra ordinaire with bad leg break tonight in a club match. Sport such a cruel Mistress
                                                                              That sucks big time. Really hoping Waterford keep it together for the c'ship.

Westmeath minors beat Wexford by 2 points in Wexford today to make the Leinster semi final. Wexford only lost to KK by a point AET this year I believe. Laois also beat Offaly. Huge chance of making a Leinster final. Arguably our best minor team in 15 years.

Comment

Merchant Navy officer AMA on boards is very good for anyone who has not seen it

Comment

Closing song from this weeks Louie seems apposite

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                                                                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post

Im not getting that vibe myself.

Bit of a thanks whore though in fairness...
                                                                                      sorry, when I said "the husband felt similarly too", I meant similarly to how I felt i.e. organised religion is a bit of a cunt for making this woman feel this way
                                                                                      Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

oh 100% in this case. Just remember my grandparents going to meet their worms happily thinking: 'sweet: level up'
                                                                                        Bit unlucky that it wasn't next year, when priests will be able to forgive people for having abortions, a special 'reserved sin' they normally can't do anything about http://www.irishtimes.com/news/socia...year-1.2202404

Comment

...

Comment

How are we going to do Eurovision, good sir?
                                                                                            Not that interested in watching it at all. Thought you were abroad on the day?

Comment

Senior infants teacher told us the Gospel in cliffhanger format, stopping as Jesus was on the cross and promising to complete it the next day. She actually told the story very well, was a completely natural racontuer - we were all on the edge of our desks.

So back home later and talking about what we learned in school that day and obviously my highly religious mam had to go and finish the story, but god bless her she didn't tell it with even a fraction of the skill of the teacher, butchered it really by summing up the death, resurrection and its meaning in about 90 seconds.
                                                                                              First time I'd been spoilered in hindsight.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                    8 y/o daughter has tuned tbe radio to some deep south country station and is singing along enthusiastically to songs about standin' by your man who done you wrong, and suchlike.

Both a hilarious and disturbing development
                                                                                                    My daughter at 11yrs old told us that she had a new boyfriend. When asked about a boy she liked before she said " I cant believe I wasted 5 yrs of my life with him! "

Its obviously a woman programming thing........

Comment

Has anyone ever described what you actually get in heaven? I guess its just a general idea that you feel amazing on an eternal basis.
                                                                                                      I have a friend who, until recently, was a Jehovah's Witness. I think I wore her down over the past 2 years by constantly lol'ing at her beliefs (literally, I would absolutely crack up when I could induce her to talk about them).

Anyhoos, she has left them and is having to adjust to the possibility that there is no God, heaven, apocalypse etc. But she was telling me recently that she had previously fantasised about what her beautiful house would look like in paradise! That's pretty specific. Now paradise for them doesn't mean heaven as such, only 144,000 of them get to go to heaven. But after the armageddon wipes out all the non-Witnesses (Satan rules the earth and all the governments and all non-JW's are part of Satan's world) then all alive Witnesses and resurrected dead Witnesses will live in paradise on earth.

Sounds legit.

Comment

evening mates

Comment

m8

Comment

m8

Comment

Leicester m8's.
                                                                                                              Go big or go homeless.

Comment

night m8@s

Comment

Sleep well m8

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                                                    Sounds legit.
                                                                                                                    Yeah, all legit as far as I can see tbf.

Remember the ma being dug up for a second autopsy due to a botched 1st one after "death by misadventure" back in 1990. Happened to catch her eye but she didn't look to be enjoying her first few months in heaven. Maybe she was elsewhere.

Can you imagine what people in the 22nd century will think of us

Comment

This going to be a Greeky weeky imo

From the Grauniad:

The epic struggle to keep Greece solvent and in the eurozone intensified on Saturday night amid signs of a looming crisis within the anti-austerity government that took Europe ablaze barely three months ago.

As prime minister Alexis Tsipras scrambles to secure a financial lifeline to keep the debt-stricken country afloat, hardliners in his radical left Syriza party have also ratcheted up the pressure. In a make-or-break week of debt repayments, the politician once seen as the harbinger of Europe’s anti-establishment movement has found himself where no other leader would want to be: caught between exasperated creditors abroad and enraged diehards at home.

With government coffers almost at nil and Athens facing a monumental €750m (£543m) loan instalment to the International Monetary Fund on Tuesday, it is the last act in a crisis with potentially cataclysmic effect. Either Tsipras betrays his own ideology to deter default – reneging on promises that got him into power – or he goes down as the man who allowed his country to do what no other EU member has done: enter the uncharted waters of euro exit. It is a moment of truth with consequences far beyond the borders of Greece.

Comment

got a lol at communion bash yesterday. nephew told my missus he likes west ham and andy carroll. wife says "is aunty carol your dads sister". look on the kids face was priceless.

Comment

Reading back over the UK election, you have to be impressed by the sheer brutality of it. The decapitated corpses of Clegg, Farage and the fratricidal Milliband all lie dead while Cameron stands alone on the stage wearing the crown. Hopefully we get some of this theatre in Ireland next year.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X