Been pissing in Dublin all day too to be fair. Plus, it's always raining in Limerick.
    Frank McCourt didn't exactly paint it as the algarve of Ireland all right.

Was that the hotel break/spa one? I entered that aswell.
      Twas, could have done with that break too.

Too busy flirting with the Doc.

Twas, could have done with that break too.

Too busy flirting with the Doc.
        I enter the odd one on newstalk, 30c for the text is reasonable. Other national stations charge a Euro, fook that! I'd imagine the likes of 2fm would probably have more entries as well. Still pissing 30c down the drain but Hook should at least be providing a sweat the dothering bastard.
        Last edited by darwinatemyhamster; 08-05-15, 18:29.

Platform Pizza in Bray is Nyom. Been years since visited One Pico, lovely comfy chairs and decent wine list, must give it a spin again.

1 week left to enter for the GAA predctions comp http://http://www.irishpokerboards.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20751

Dubs supremacy in football the consensus at the moment!

Prize fund likely to be around € 200 based on interest shown so far.
            Last edited by horatio1; 08-05-15, 19:05.

Heading to Pub. Will keep you posted.
              Here's another pic of me for the craic!

Platform Pizza in Bray is Nyom. Been years since visited One Pico, lovely comfy chairs and decent wine list, must give it a spin again.
                Also years since I have been. Used to go at least once a year but had a bad experience. Must go back.

Is 'Orange is the New Black' worth a watch?

Lovely red on special in Dunnes Matua New Zealand Pinot Noir. €14. Goes nicely with peanut M&Ms

Was giving my first years a test today. Was motoring along well they were going hard at it lots of asking for more paper etc. I said to them good stuff lads ye are going well but can you do it under COMBAT CONDITIONS and proceeded to play scooter "weekend" on repeat. They thought it was funny for 5 mins but then a few of the more studious girls started screaming at me to turn it off. Good bants.

One would assume not surely!

Yea, its decent enough 6/10 .

Yea, not amazing or anything but worth a watch.

It's very good.

I'm gonna buy curtains and n office chair in ikea tomorrow. How the feck do I pick curtain colour, threes like 100 different curtains. I need a girly girl for these things.

It's very good.

I'm gonna buy curtains and n office chair in ikea tomorrow. How the feck do I pick curtain colour, threes like 100 different curtains. I need a girly girl for these things.
                                Please delete this post, as you are liable to be in-undated by private messages from Smurph, to help you spend the day in IKEA and relieve us both of all our monies.

Thank You.
                                PS; The Meatballs are the only reason to go to IKEA anyway.

It's very good.

Fire up a pic of the room and a link to the choices of curtains. I generally do well in these type of tests.

This play-off game between Brentford and Boro is really high tempo, end to end stuff. Great!

Absolutely not, unbelievable tripe.

Fire up a pic of the room and a link to the choices of curtains. I generally do well in these type of tests.
                                        I have a girl on the case now, the questions I've been asked, I never knew this curtain buying was a big deal. Now I'm supposed to be thinking should I get a single or split net curtain, need more drinks.
                                        Please delete this post, as you are liable to be in-undated by private messages from Smurph, to help you spend the day in IKEA and relieve us both of all our monies.

Thank You.
                                        PS; The Meatballs are the only reason to go to IKEA anyway.
                                        They have vegan meatballs now, not just the usual horse ones!

Compelling case for the no vote

It's sad to think of an Ireland without seesaws for straight couples. And yes, I know I got Sister Sledge mixed up with the Pointer Sisters. I'm a monster an...

Thanks. Might make for better first legs. Middlesbrough @7/4 my punt for the evening.
                                            Nothing like a late goal to get a bet up!

The ver 35s will like this

What do you do if you have a ryanair mobile boarding pass and phone goes flat. Are you just fcked?
                                                  It nearly happened me in Shannon as I approached the last check before the plane. It seemed like they were going to sort me out but the phone turned back on.

I also had no boarding card getting on to the plane in Liverpool after Aintree and they just wrote me a note of some sort. I should mention was still so drunk I wouldnt be allowed in a pub so it may have seemed like the easiest thing to do.

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 08-05-15, 22:43.

this guy passes out driving, lucky motherfucker

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.

Drinking some Wicklow Wolf Pale Ale this evening. Has a sentence on its bottle 'brewed the Wicklow Way...'. Its a very nice beer but guess I'll never drink it again due to the absolute marketing bs'ness of that sentence.

If it brewed in Wicklow, why is it labelled India Pale Ale?

Does seem a bit *ahem* pointless
                                                              Googled it. India is not origin or even where they were first created... Just a name for a type of ale.

Carry on... Nothing to see here.

Googled it. India is not origin or even where they were first created... Just a name for a type of ale.

Carry on... Nothing to see here.
                                                                Had been curious about that alright and never looked it up. I presumed the above solely because it said India and not Indian, thought that might have been me just being pedantic.
                                                                How's the states treating ya? Lots of pretty girls around the place I presume?

The Overnighters is a great doc. Several themes running through it and the protagonist, a small time pastor that is seemingly doing his best to help people down on their luck in modern society and what he himself has to come up against from his church, the community and his family.

Very good watch.

Good craic on Jools. He was interviewing the lead singer of Sparks, asked him what he thought of Franz Ferdinand, he goes on about how he loves their approach, how they never went down that 'middle of the road Status Quo ' route.
                                                                    Cue nervous giggles in the audience.

Status Quo are sitting three feet behind him.

Sitting where Dinny used drink pints.

post pics

What kinda cunt has a camera recording ober their shoilder while they drive.
                                                                        Shenanigans: He could have just drifted on purpose like that, upload it, click bait.
                                                                        Lastly, if he were lucky, he wouldn't pass out at all.

night m8s

Was a good samaritan tonight.
                                                                            Drank with local alco and made sure he drank every drink he had and not leave it behind and he didnt buy everyone he met a drink.
                                                                            Walked him home and am sure he gonna wake up tmw and wonder why he has so much money left.
                                                                            Got congratulated by others at bar for looking after him but wondering if they were counting how many 'free' drinks they missed.
                                                                            I know he will wake up in morning and hit the bar happy wondering how he has so many notes left.( I got all his loose change converted into notes at end of night)
                                                                            Tis a simple life for him at end of day

To the poker players of IPB:

Don't fancy opening a new thread really so posting here. I am planning on playing poker one day every week/2 weeks and playing some decent sized buyins and am looking for the best tournaments for value.
                                                                              So, can someone tell me what are the best tournaments with money added/guaranteed prizepools/added money and which nights of the week. tyvm

Had been curious about that alright and never looked it up. I presumed the above solely because it said India and not Indian, thought that might have been me just being pedantic.
                                                                                How's the states treating ya? Lots of pretty girls around the place I presume?
                                                                                States going well, finished my busy seasan last week which had me working on excess of 70 hours a week for 3. 1/2 months. Now can enjoy a relaxing 40 hour week for a couple of months.

Naturally plenty of pretty girls, not that I allowed to look at them for another 2 months or so. They tend to come out at night though, during the day they are all in Beverly hills

Was a good samaritan tonight.
                                                                                  Drank with local alco and made sure he drank every drink he had[...]
                                                                                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zW44IfV0jK0

Bored. Should be elections every night.

To the poker players of IPB:

Don't fancy opening a new thread really so posting here. I am planning on playing poker one day every week/2 weeks and playing some decent sized buyins and am looking for the best tournaments for value.
                                                                                      So, can someone tell me what are the best tournaments with money added/guaranteed prizepools/added money and which nights of the week. tyvm
                                                                                      Boyles & paddypower have a moneyadded tourney Friday nights, ipoker so you know the story tho been playing sats on boyles the last few weeks n haven't had any problems.
                                                                                      Scoop starts on Sunday on stars with 3 levels of buyins for every event.runs for 2 weeks I think.

So ... its DIYApartmentDepositSaving Day today...

I gather that the kid's Paleolithic attempts at cave / wall painting can be removed using some standard enough things in the cleaning aisle of a large supermarket.

What about this though?:

Its from a lean-back armchair that continually hit against the wall when it was released - so that's actual bits of wall plasterboard that are missing.

Is there a handy solution to fixing something like that?

we use jml for cleaning walls.. just dont scrub them too hard or the paint might come off..
                                                                                          http://www.woodiesdiy.com/product/jm...ver/25694/3.19

Best I can recommend is a poster Shawshank style for the chair damaged area.

We used to hang a dart board on a wall and well this led to mishaps. You can buy a tub of that stuff that fills holes in, smooth it over. You then get one of those sample tubs of paint that are meant to show you what the colour is like, a small cheap sample tub. Paint over it and done, you can dirty up the wall to make it blend. Most walls are standard colours so the sample tub works well.

Cricket. Ultimate spectator sport.

Steve Finn seems like a sound lad too.

Our local pub runs a "letter draw" every week at the quiz night. I don't play it (but the missus does) because i feel the odds are extremely bad.

You pay 1 euro to enter the draw and you choose 3 different letters from the alphabet. You need the 3 exact letters to be drawn to win. They only draw 3 letters and it has never been won.
                                                                                                The pot started at 50 Euro and they add 10 euro to it every week, the pot now stands at 260 euro.
                                                                                                I don't agree with this as I feel that they should add the total funds into the pot, that's another reason why I don't play it.

At what point would it be reasonable to play this game? I can't find a way to calculate the odds but I'm thinking at 600 euro it might be worth it but it could be way higher. Anyone know how to work that out?

Our local pub runs a "letter draw" every week at the quiz night. I don't play it (but the missus does) because i feel the odds are extremely bad.

You pay 1 euro to enter the draw and you choose 3 different letters from the alphabet. You need the 3 exact letters to be drawn to win. They only draw 3 letters and it has never been won.
                                                                                                  The pot started at 50 Euro and they add 10 euro to it every week, the pot now stands at 260 euro.
                                                                                                  I don't agree with this as I feel that they should add the total funds into the pot, that's another reason why I don't play it.

At what point would it be reasonable to play this game? I can't find a way to calculate the odds but I'm thinking at 600 euro it might be worth it but it could be way higher. Anyone know how to work that out?
                                                                                                  It's around 2,600/1

(3/26)*(2/25)*(1/24)

post pics

Shenanigans: He could have just drifted on purpose like that, upload it, click bait.
                                                                                                    Great minds think alike m8. Definite fake, never seen cam behind head before, his big head would obscure the view but he had to put it there as normal dash view wouldn't show him 'passing out'. Also bottom of steering wheel is out of sight meaning he is prob still controlling it

emm
                                                                                                      Last edited by poprock; 09-05-15, 09:50. Reason: made a balls answered above

It's around 2,600/1

(3/26)*(2/25)*(1/24)
                                                                                                        For an amatuer yea.

What letters have been coming up?

We used to hang a dart board on a wall and well this led to mishaps. You can buy a tub of that stuff that fills holes in, smooth it over. You then get one of those sample tubs of paint that are meant to show you what the colour is like, a small cheap sample tub. Paint over it and done, you can dirty up the wall to make it blend. Most walls are standard colours so the sample tub works well.
                                                                                                          We call it filler in the business
                                                                                                          Used it yesterday for the first time, bit of filling.
                                                                                                          Used a hammer too.

It's around 2,600/1

(3/26)*(2/25)*(1/24)
                                                                                                            Wow......I guess it's just a moneyspinner for the bar then. At that rate I would have to wait 5 years before I should play it.

How many tickets are they selling every week?

We call it filler in the business
                                                                                                                Used it yesterday for the first time, bit of filling.
                                                                                                                Used a hammer too.
                                                                                                                That's very manly, colour me aroused.
                                                                                                                Great minds think alike m8. Definite fake, never seen cam behind head before, his big head would obscure the view but he had to put it there as normal dash view wouldn't show him 'passing out'. Also bottom of steering wheel is out of sight meaning he is prob still controlling it
                                                                                                                post pics

Dash cams are mounted like that to get cheaper insurance, it shows both hands on the wheel in case the insuracnce company says you were distracted on your phone etc. think people have a few cams and things like that. He didn't even get covered by insurance for this apparently, had to pay himself to fix the car, ragin'
                                                                                                                Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 09-05-15, 10:11.

How many tickets are they selling every week?
                                                                                                                  There are around 40-60 people in the place each week so I would say at least half the people play.
                                                                                                                  I figure 20 to 30 tickets per week. The owner of the bar is a good friend of mine from Ireland and the guy who runs the quiz and letter draw is a guy he hires to do it. I think the money stays with the bar but my mate wouldn't have a clue about the odds of the game, I knew they were bad but I didn't think they were that bad.
                                                                                                                  Not sure whether to say it to him or not now.

Whats so different from a GAA style lottery using 26 numbers ? I suppose it all depends where the profits are going at the end of the day, are you supporting a local worthy cause or lining someones pockets.

Usually these local lottos have more than 20 people playing per week, and although the odds are worse of winning, the prize pool is bigger and the cause is better than just going to a bar.

Originally posted by underachievement View Post
                                                                                                                        Boyles & paddypower have a moneyadded tourney Friday nights, ipoker so you know the story tho been playing sats on boyles the last few weeks n haven't had any problems.
                                                                                                                        Scoop starts on Sunday on stars with 3 levels of buyins for every event.runs for 2 weeks I think.
                                                                                                                        Much appreciated.

are there hooks for curtain tie backs at ikea? I must be blind.

Ill need your drilling services sir business.