X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another defeat for the twitter outrage police

Comment

One for Strewelpeter:

"I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
        Another defeat for the twitter outrage police
        http://businessetc.thejournal.ie/pro...omment-3736140
        Yeah this one is fun. Fitness Freaks don't really like it when you tell them their hobby is bad for society:

"I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Yeah isn't that what that article in guardian said, people who stay fit are maintaining the patriarchy, somehow.

Comment

A lot of the same people whinging about it probably spent the last few seeks slobbering over Poldark topless pics,even the guardian got in on the act

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
              Theres definitely something to this. I call it smug inflation. It used to be enough to just go for the odd walk on the beach and eat a ryvita cracker to make yourself feel better than your fellow man. Nowadays you have to be doing triathlons and counting the calories on everything you eat just to feel entry level smug. It's the crisis of our age

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                Yeah isn't that what that article in guardian said, people who stay fit are maintaining the patriarchy, somehow.
                The coffee machine wasn't working at 9am today.

God damn Patriarchy

Comment

Theres definitely something to this. I call it smug inflation. It used to be enough to just go for the odd walk on the beach and eat a ryvita cracker to make yourself feel better than your fellow man. Nowadays you have to be doing triathlons and counting the calories on everything you eat just to feel entry level smug. It's the crisis of our age
                  Smugflation. I like it.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 29-04-15, 13:04.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                          Ship the medical degree
                          Never have to worry about a sick note again.
                          God Bless the BBV
                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
                            I thought you would have one of your own , how do you mow your meadow ?
                            A man comes over with his dog spot.

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 29-04-15, 14:00.

Comment

I went from the airwaves on 98FM to the dole queue in a flash. I was dispensable, replaceable and redundant at 35. It was a normal morning in 98FM, October 2013, when I got "the call" from the powers that be asking me to "pop down to the office for a quick chat". I was greeted by forlorn faces and a wad of neatly bound paperwork. Thoughts flash through your head - "Oooh, a raise". Nah, think again. "Siobhan, we've a bit of bad news," said sad-face number one. "Unfortunately we are making cuts; we have prepared your redundancy package," chimed sad-face two.

A touching tale, well told.
                                X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Chelsea are a big price away to Leicester who are apparently going to rest players.

Comment

what price m8

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                      what price m8
                                      I saw 4/5, 3/4 now.

So get out your seats and shop around
                                      Shop around
                                      Shop around
                                      Shop around
                                      Jump up jump up and get $$$ down

Comment

Really really funking for a Chelsea win. It would be great for them to win tonight, beat Palace on Sunday and then Gerrard can see what champions look like on Sunday week while giving them a guard of honour onto the pitch.

CHD, post up the Chelsea bus again. ALL ABOARD!

Comment

Chelsea and under 2.5 Goals is 31/10 and easy money.

Comment

She leaves our box on Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                              Really really funking for a Chelsea win. It would be great for them to win tonight, beat Palace on Sunday and then Gerrard can see what champions look like on Sunday week while giving them a guard of honour onto the pitch.

CHD, post up the Chelsea bus again. ALL ABOARD!
                                              Thought you're a Man United fan?

Comment

I need one of these for everyday things, so I know how to increase my feeling of self-importance.

Find out whether a film is pure cheese or sophisticated fromage

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                  Mental note to self: don't visit Bolivia. The brother got an awful beating there when travelling through.

there is the exact same in Ecuador, and pretty sure this happens in a lot of south american countries tbf. It's usually an organised brawl between villages, where everyone gets paralytic and just swings punches or gets knocked out. Went to the one in Otavalo, and had an amazing time (although got there after the "official" fighting day, so the remaining people were incredibly drunk at that stage and could barely stand, but were still swinging!!).

Comment

Comment

Much ado about nothing

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                        Chelsea are a big price away to Leicester who are apparently going to rest players.
                                                        I think if Leicester actually play their full team they could get a result tonight, be thick to rest players imo.. Chelsea could be vulnerable tonight after more or less wrapping up the league.
                                                        https://twitter.com/#!/TedCullinane1

Comment

Originally posted by shanboghted View Post
                                                          I think if Leicester actually play their full team they could get a result tonight, be thick to rest players imo.. Chelsea could be vulnerable tonight after more or less wrapping up the league.
                                                          I agree but I can see them resting players. Seems to be the done thing.

I'm hoping Chelsea will play without nerves and restrictions tonight, only problem is we have no striker. Costa travelled but probably won't play. Remy out. Drogba isn't someone who should start.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                                            Poor lass with her ball of redundo having lunches with her granny.

The sense of entitlement. FFS.
                                                            This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by shanboghted View Post
                                                              ah jesus, they've 5 games left and 15 points to play for, they can't afford to just write off a game at this stage surely.

I expected Chelsea to be shorter priced. I don't think it'll be all that easy, but it's the type of game Chelsea are less likely than other clubs to slip up in I think.
                                                              Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Made wedding application yesterday. This was pointed out to us just in case. Will have to be rewritten soon I guess.

Her sisters are still fair game......... boo-ya.

A man may not marry his

1. Grandmother
                                                                2. Grandfather’s Wife
                                                                3. Wife’s Grandmother
                                                                4. Father’s Sister
                                                                5. Mother’s Sister
                                                                6. Father’s Brother’s Wife
                                                                7. Mother’s Brother’s Wife
                                                                8. Wife’s Father’s Sister
                                                                9. Wife’s Mother’s Sister
                                                                10. Mother
                                                                11. Stepmother
                                                                12. Wife’s Mother
                                                                13. Daughter
                                                                14. Wife’s Daughter
                                                                15. Son’s Wife
                                                                16. Sister
                                                                17. Son’s daughter
                                                                18. Daughter’s daughter
                                                                19. Son’s son’s wife
                                                                20. Daughter’s son’s wife
                                                                21. Wife’s son's daughter
                                                                22. Wife’s Daughter’s Daughter
                                                                23. Brother’s Daughter
                                                                24. Sister’s Daughter
                                                                25. Brother’s son’s wife
                                                                26. Sister’s son’s wife
                                                                27. Wife’s Brother’s Daughter
                                                                28. Wife’s sister’s daughter

A woman may not marry her
                                                                1. Grandfather
                                                                2. Grandmother’s husband
                                                                3. Husband’s grandfather
                                                                4. Father’s brother
                                                                5. Mother’s brother
                                                                6. Father’s sister’s husband
                                                                7. Mother’s sister’s husband
                                                                8. Husband’s father’s brother
                                                                9. Husband’s mother’s brother
                                                                10. Father
                                                                11. Stepfather
                                                                12. Husband’s father
                                                                13. Son
                                                                14. Husband’s son
                                                                15. Daughter’s husband
                                                                16. Brother
                                                                17. Son’s son
                                                                18. Daughter’s son
                                                                19. Son’s daughter’s husband
                                                                20. Daughter’s daughter’s husband
                                                                21. Husband’s son’s son
                                                                22. Husband’s daughter’s son
                                                                23. Brother’s son.
                                                                24. Sister’s son
                                                                25. Brother’s daughter’s husband
                                                                29. Sister’s daughter’s husband
                                                                27. Husband’s brother’s son.
                                                                28. Husband’s sister’s son
                                                                Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

We need equality, how come only the gheys get to take part in incestuous marriages?!

Comment

Best health cover plan to beat tomorrows community rating thingy?
                                                                    Kind of averagely healthy I think.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                      Thought you're a Man United fan?
                                                                      Yep. And like all Pool fans are anti United, I'd be anti Liverpool. That's why I'm getting oj the Chelsea bandwagon.

Comment

this tweet has to be bullshit??

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                          Depending on your age, I wouldnt bother.

Unless you are planning to keep your health insurance for the rest of your life then you wont beat the loadings either, you can only have a break of 13 weeks I think.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                            Totally depends what you want from it, they vary from 400 to like 10k to theres a big difference. Check out hia.ie for good comarison tool!

Comment

Are you ta'fella that groomed women you met on t'internet and lured them into a cat and mouse game before you stabbed them to death?

Might have a job for ya wit de chomputers.

Graham Dwyer will work out his life sentence in the Midlands Prison's computer shop - assisting with the printing of the jail magazine, it has been revealed.

Comment

Got a water bill sent to my house today, €64 and I never even signed up. What is this shite!! I thought it wasn't coming in for ages haha
                                                                                Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                                                  Got a water bill sent to my house today, €64 and I never even signed up. What is this shite!! I thought it wasn't coming in for ages haha
                                                                                  Send it back. It's not addressed to you, it's to your legal entity.

Don't want to check the post box now.

Comment

There's a mobile spray tan company in England called 'U RANG A TAN'.

That there is genius.
                                                                                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                      Yep. And like all Pool fans are anti United, I'd be anti Liverpool. That's why I'm getting oj the Chelsea bandwagon.
                                                                                      Well that's kind of pathetic imo. If you lived in Manchester and on a daily basis had rivalry with colleagues etc from Liverpool 25 miles down the road, I'd kind of understand it, but you're from Kerry.

Don't be hating on one certain other club just because a bunch of other clowns do likewise.

Comment

Well that's kind of pathetic imo. If you lived in Manchester and on a daily basis had rivalry with colleagues etc from Liverpool 25 miles down the road, I'd kind of understand it, but you're from Kerry.

Don't be hating on one certain other club just because a bunch of other clowns do likewise.
                                                                                        How do you feel about hating everyone equally?

Comment

lol, it's not pathetic at all. He's a Manchester United fan, and he wants to see Liverpool fail in the best way possible. What's wrong with that? Liverpool fans were loving life when Man U were falling apart at the early stage of the season. It's the biggest rivalry in English football and it's completely standard to want the other to do as bad as they can. There's loads on here that harp on about it being BS, but it's pretty much standard.

Comment

To be honest I am pretty sure I'd be okay with Liverpool actually doing well. Thankfully I'll never have to find out for certain though.
                                                                                            Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Nonsense,please leave this attitude with rugby where it belongs.

Comment

hate gets such bad press these days,I blame positive psychology gurus.
                                                                                                I guarantee far more great deeds have been done by men driven by sheer spite than by happy well adjusted people "just trying to make a difference"

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                  All over it
                                                                                                  Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

hate gets such bad press these days,I blame positive psychology gurus.
                                                                                                    I guarantee far more great deeds have been done by men driven by sheer spite than by happy well adjusted people "just trying to make a difference"
                                                                                                    Yea but are they happy.
                                                                                                    What is for tea?

Comment

Hating Liverpool is grand and expected. Never shutting the fuck up about Liverpool is another thing entirely.

Comment

Ronnie has already lost this match in his head

Comment

Pretty sure Gerrard has it in his contract that he has to give back all his money if he hasn't won the league by the time he quits.

Gutted.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                                            Ronnie has already lost this match in his head
                                                                                                            Hopefully. Would be nice if Bingaling gets this to go 11-9 up but wouldn't be surprised if Ronie cleared up to steal this one.

Comment

I'm pretty sure if we could see posts from 12 months ago the Pool fans would be doing the exact same. Luckily in Ireland it's not taken as seriously as in England and I can go for a pint and a slagging match with fans of other teams but I will enjoy it while I can because just like things have turned this season with United ahead at the moment, Pool could be ahead this time next year. It's a funny ol game.

Comment

Defence porn outa Chelsea.

Comment

Line check here - I reckon people who blow their nose when crammed into airplane seats beside you should be killed. Thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                                                                    Defence porn outa Chelsea.
                                                                                                                    Lumped on earlier because of your post.

My hate for Chelsea grows. What a bunch of bastards.

Comment

Originally posted by davepoke/her View Post
                                                                                                                      Lumped on earlier because of your post.

My hate for Chelsea grows. What a bunch of bastards.
                                                                                                                      Chelsea will win Dave. Your fiver is safe m8.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                                                        Line check here - I reckon people who blow their nose when crammed into airplane seats beside you should be killed. Thoughts?
                                                                                                                        I dunno, like would you rather them sniffling for the whole flight?
                                                                                                                        Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

@CHD, can you remember that Champions League game when Huth was at Chelsea and they were 1-0 down and Mourinho just brought Huth on up front and started lumping balls up to him. John Giles absolutely slated him for it.
                                                                                                                          Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X