This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by davepoke/her View Post
    You have no idea how amazing that line should have been.
    Dave, you read the books?

I’m currently on book 3 part 2, SoS:Blood and Gold. From what I can gather, Seasons 1 and 2 were books 1 and 2 respectively. S3 was B3pt1, and S4 was B3pt2 (although I’m just at the Red Wedding which was S3). Where does S5 fit in with the books? Book 4 or Book 4&5
    I am trying to hold out watching S5 until I’ve catch up in the books, but I’ve 2 and a half is a long more way to go.

Comment

Night crew used to be cool
      Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
        Was just thinking about some event in Barcelona a few years ago. It was one I posted about here - missing flight, having to get two day train back to Prague. Maybe in 2010.

The Barcelona thing started when an Iranian girl I'd met when we were both interviewing for the same job emailed me saying 'how about going to this conference?'. So we both end up there. Loads of emails back and forth in the runup. Then when we get there she is going 'let's go to Monserrat', let's meet up here, there, everywhere. We're having long talks by phone in our rooms at x past midnight.

Afterwards she arranged for me to get a job in her uni, a nice promotion, got the offer but I had to move back to Ireland due to kid about to being born. She seemed quite miffed when I told her.

And its literally just got through to me now. She was clearly, and to anyone else obviously, trying to hit on me. Never occurred to me due to her Muslimness. But actually when you consider her religion those 2am calls to my bedroom chatting about philosophy and crap were really her being quite forward within the confines of her religion and angling for an opening to say 'you know what I'd really like at 2am...?'.

Fck. She was hot. The Iranian look is easily the nut Middle Eastern look.
        Maybe she was just friendly and not all that religious,

...or maybe she is posting over on IranianPokerBoards about this Irish academic she was throwing herself at. But due to his staunch Catholic roots, he was oblivious to the concept sex before marriage. And his family would probably excommunicate him if got involved with a Muslim.

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Mustard View Post
          Lloyd won't pay us.

Comment

night crew checking in. Riggs, have you exams soon? Surely you should be getting into the all-nighter routine if so?
            Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Did you know there was a mustard forum on boards.ie?

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                Did you know there was a mustard forum on boards.ie?
                Jon Jones seems fucked. Will you miss him if done? Sure he is great but I think that division is fun without him.

Comment

Imagine having a three-day weekend every week and being paid the same full-time salary. It can be done if your employer offers you the option of a compressed workweek.

4 > 5
                  X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                  Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

For any of those who are missing games of werewolf and don't want to play for days

Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                      Jon Jones seems fucked. Will you miss him if done? Sure he is great but I think that division is fun without him.
                      Looks bad. Could be doing time. Will be interesting how the 205 divisions assembles with him gone.
                      Will be more interesting without him. Then a huge show down when he returns in 18 months

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                        Dave, you read the books?

I’m currently on book 3 part 2, SoS:Blood and Gold. From what I can gather, Seasons 1 and 2 were books 1 and 2 respectively. S3 was B3pt1, and S4 was B3pt2 (although I’m just at the Red Wedding which was S3). Where does S5 fit in with the books? Book 4 or Book 4&5
                        I am trying to hold out watching S5 until I’ve catch up in the books, but I’ve 2 and a half is a long more way to go.
                        Ye season 5 is going to cover books 4&5. 4&5 take place over the same time frame with half the characters split into each book.

Comment

Never.
                          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Watching some old music videos and had one of these moments.

Makes you wonder where does time go and what if?........................

Comment

Originally posted by davepoke/her View Post
                              Ye season 5 is going to cover books 4&5. 4&5 take place over the same time frame with half the characters split into each book.
                              hmmm, I'll be finished book 3pt2 in two weeks or so.
                              But I'm probably looking at 2000 pages until the end of book 5.
                              It'll be tough to wait

Comment

Hey Doug,

We must decline your resignation.

It turns out you were never officially hired by the NightCrew© .

We wish you the best with your future endeavours.
                                #stillbitter

Comment

#stillbitter
                                  Ain't that the truth.
                                  Go big or go homeless.

Comment

good to see the party's still going
                                    Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Been a while since there have been more than a few posters between 1am and 7am here, sometimes even posts alone.
                                      I need to drink more and annoy more of ye with more ramblings.
                                      Go big or go homeless.

Comment

here's one (kinda inspired by Rigger's 4 day > 5 day work week post):

Keynes said that by the turn of the century the average working week would be 15 hours. It's not, yet all the improvements in technology etc were pretty much in line (if not exceeded) with what was expected.

If you said to a man in 1950 (or even 1960, 1970 or 1980): "I can give you a device that allows you to access the whole history of human knowledge in an instant and this device is available to you at your fingertips 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. How will this change your life?"

Surely the man's answer would be more drastic than the changes we are seeing in our everyday lives?

So what the fuck is going on like?
                                        Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Consumption has grown with productivity. You can live like someone from the 1930s on less than 15 hours a week but why would you?
                                          Last edited by Denny Crane; 28-04-15, 04:33.

Comment

Explain like I'm 5:
                                            How do I go about voting in this upcoming vote? I have never voted before, think I was registered when in Cork though back in 2005/6. That still be valid?
                                            Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                              Explain like I'm 5:
                                              How do I go about voting in this upcoming vote? I have never voted before, think I was registered when in Cork though back in 2005/6. That still be valid?
                                              Will pay for No votes.
                                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Last edited by Guest; 28-04-15, 10:21.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                  Anyone use a safety razor,I'm tired of being bent over by Gillette,they definitely turned mach 3 to shit once fusion came out #conspiracy
                                                  Originally posted by Sirtoyou View Post
                                                  Keep your razor in a glass/cup, fill to just over the blade with baby oil. Blades last months.

Had bought a sharpener, not Sirtoyou 's one, it was useless, and saw the baby oil tip in a google search.

Haven't bought new blades for three years. Standard bottle of baby oil lasts about two years, you need to fill up the glass/cup every so often to keep the oil over the blade.

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 28-04-15, 07:29.
                                                    "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Lplated View Post
                                                      Keep your razor in a glass/cup, fill to just over the blade with baby oil. Blades last months.

Had bought a sharpener, not Sirtoyou 's one, it was useless, and saw the baby oil tip in a google search.

Haven't bought new blades for three years. Standard bottle of baby oil lasts about two years, you need to fill up the glass/cup every so often to keep the oil over the blade.
                                                      Also with the oil, this stuff is great http://www.totalshave.com/ (for actually shaving with)

Comment

Originally posted by Lplated View Post
                                                        Keep your razor in the packet. Grow a beard. Lasts as long as you want.

Comment

Should be good craic watching the wailing and teeth gnashing about this Dublin jet fuel pipeline by people who wrote off the shell to sea protesters as swivel eyed anti progress rural loons and crusty malcontents
                                                          The plan would see a pipeline built from Dublin Port to Dublin Airport, along the route of the Malahide Road.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                              I havent read the books and to be honest, im only about 80% sure of whats going on most of the time but it seemed big, in a "were gona need a bigger boat" big.

Care to tell me what you mean but not to spoiler it for me ?
                                                              As Dave said the book line is from a different character. A character incidentally who Brian Blessed would have been perfect casting for if the show had included him.
                                                              The line is something like (no spoilers for anyone up to date with episode)
                                                              SPOILER
                                                              I drink with them but never think that means I have forgotten. The north remembers, Lord Davos. The north remembers.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                Should be good craic watching the wailing and teeth gnashing about this Dublin jet fuel pipeline by people who wrote off the shell to sea protesters as swivel eyed anti progress rural loons and crusty malcontents
                                                                http://www.thejournal.ie/jet-fuel-pi...omment-3730825
                                                                Sounds like a great idea 16K tanker journeys equates to how many dead cyclists ?

I saw this overhead yoke in Doha, its about 10 M off the ground and about 1M square and 10M over the ground.

It is a conveyor that runs from a site in the city where they are digging out an underground station and carries all the rubble out to a site 3Kms away.
                                                                What an excellent way to deal with city centre construction.
                                                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

I don't shave my face obviously but if you did why would you buy some shitty fusion/gilette thing instead of DE blades? 100 of them is like what, 25e?

Who said what in GoT, I've read the books but not seen the series past series 1. What point is it at? Has it diverged from the books a lot?

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                    I don't shave my face obviously but if you did why would you buy some shitty fusion/gilette thing instead of DE blades? 100 of them is like what, 25e?

Who said what in GoT, I've read the books but not seen the series past series 1. What point is it at? Has it diverged from the books a lot?

Spoliers contain book/future spoilers

SPOILER
                                                                    Have watched up to episode 3 of the current series. Arya has just entered the house of black and white. They've introduced the high sparrow and doran martell/sand snakes. It's not gone wildly off course from the books but looks like they may be skipping the stuff with the other targeryen and they've left out the stuff with the extended greyjoy family

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                      Yeah lets do that and the loser has to honour-drop the tenner into a homeless persons coin collection. Nice element of karma there, potentially.
                                                                      These poor lads in their 20s/30s seem a good candidate for our €10.
                                                                      Their father won his case to turf them out of the house he pays the mortgage on and now they are going to have to pay rent in the big bad world for the first time.

Comment

Comment

BBV advice needed. I'm arriving in dublin airport at 8am next tuesday. Presuming the flight is roughly on time(its long haul) how long roughly would baggage claiming take and travelling to Stephens Green.
                                                                          Would 10am arrival in city be realistic, again provided flight is roughly on time?

Comment

First time trying to use a bus service in 25 years today. I am excite

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post

Yes Season 5 has veered off course dramatically. It looks like only Jon Snow's plotline is going to adhere to the books in any recognisable way, but they've got it on fast forward.

SPOILER
                                                                              Biggest change is that instead of fake Arya in Winterfell, Sansa is going to marry Ramsay Bolton instead. Also Brienne of Tarth knows where Sansa is and is trying to protect her.

Also

SPOILER
                                                                              I was hugely disappointed with Janos Slynt's execution. "Ed, fetch me a block" is probably the fistpumpiest line in fiction, and they left it out for no good reason.
                                                                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Lloyd won't pay us.
                                                                                Can't pay or won't pay?
                                                                                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Aya14 View Post
                                                                                  BBV advice needed. I'm arriving in dublin airport at 8am next tuesday. Presuming the flight is roughly on time(its long haul) how long roughly would baggage claiming take and travelling to Stephens Green.
                                                                                  Would 10am arrival in city be realistic, again provided flight is roughly on time?
                                                                                  Easily. 9.30am more likely particularly if you're jumping into a taxi. Traffic shouldn't be too bad with public transport.
                                                                                  ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by Aya14 View Post
                                                                                    generally bags will all be out on the belt about half an hour of the plane docking.
                                                                                    Long haul flights are more often early than not.
                                                                                    You'll be in a taxi/bus in 5 minutes after getting your bag. So yeah plenty of time if all goes well no delays etc
                                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

...

Comment

I wish there was a way to block Carfax threads in the same way as a user can block football betting threads

Comment

Originally posted by Arazi View Post
                                                                                          I wish there was a way to block Carfax threads in the same way as a user can block football betting threads
                                                                                          How dare you a few extra germans coming over to play a tourney is a shithole hotel is very exciting.

Comment

Carfax should have been a cult leader.

Comment

Comment

carfax is great, carfax is just.

This is baltimore right now:
                                                                                                Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.

Comment

Carfax should have been a cult leader.
                                                                                                  The estimated number of members of his cult would be enormous. So huge, in fact, that one should sign up immediately before it fills out with all those who signalled they might be playing joining.

Comment

There are 11million people in Ireland.

#CarFacts

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                      There are 11million people in Ireland.

#CarFacts
                                                                                                      17 million of them are expected to play this years IPO

#CarFacts

Comment

I'll pay in cash on the day.
                                                                                                        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

The actual attendance at the water protest was 1.74million. #CarFacts

Comment

Comment

Ironic then that he nailed the 'guess how many entrants and win a ticket' competition on one of the boyles threads

#CarFacts

Comment

No dealer of mine has ever over raked a pot. #CarFacts

Comment

There's approximately 29000 calories in an average fry up. #CarFacts

Comment

Originally posted by Sirtoyou View Post
                                                                                                                    There's approximately 29000 calories in an average fry up. #CarFacts
                                                                                                                    Only about 100 of which are absorbed into the body. #EatMoreFryups #CarFacts

Comment

Robbed from Paddy Powers facebook page.

Since Liverpool last won the league 25 years ago, Ryan Giggs has made his debut, won 34 trophies, managed Man Utd, got married & slept with his brother's wife.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                                                        Robbed from Paddy Powers facebook page.

Since Liverpool last won the league 25 years ago, Ryan Giggs has made his debut, won 34 trophies, managed Man Utd, got married & slept with his brother's wife.
                                                                                                                        They are the worst thanks whores on the planet.

Comment

When driving to the IPO my Citroen Picasso can reach speeds greater than 300km/h #Carcarfacts
                                                                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X