This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
    I'd have no problem gambling body parts tbf. CHD isn't as big a better though and would be all too responsible for that I'd imagine.

Anyone fancy kidney vs kidney on some game hit me up
    I saw CHD as making the puns m8.

And it wasn't so much the situation but the way they they talked to each other remind me of you two.
    Last edited by pokerhand; 24-04-15, 22:18. Reason: point made wasnt clear
    No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
      Are you building one?
      Yeah body is finished got a couple base coats on it and have the fingerboard glueing to the neck over the weekend so nearly there.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Loopz; 24-04-15, 22:23.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
        I saw CHD as making the puns m8.

And it wasn't so much the situation but the way they they talked to each other remind me of you two.
        All I know is the chap better make a miracle happen and have Remy play 180 mins this gameweek
        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

On a totally unrelated note, got a traffic fine for going through red light (just changed on me when entering the junction) and got nabbed by a camara... Horrific picture by the way!... What my play here? Any way to get the fine reduced?

Is it just the case of suck it up and pay? Fine is $500 which seems excessive compared to ireland hence why I am asking (totally understand why though)
          Last edited by pokerhand; 24-04-15, 22:30. Reason: phone and predictive text
          No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by Loopz View Post
            Yeah body is finished got a couple base coats on it and have the fingerboard glueing to the neck over the weekend so nearly there.
            That's pretty cool, would love to hear the full story of the build and results how it sounds etc if you have the time at some stage.

Imagine it would be very rewarding if it works out well!
            airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
              Do you not torrent up there? I know your broadband is bad, but if you can stream you can torrent surely?

I had a guy in drilling stuff to put fibre in this evening and my speed has increased by 10-15 times. Does fibre result in distance from exchange not mattering as much? I tested tonight by downloading an episode of Vikings, which took about 5 minutes I think.
              Distance does not matter as much, data is transmitted digitally through glass via light. Light travels fast, zoom. It's also immune to electromagnetic interference, which old cables suffered from. Also they are as thin as a human hair so there are a lot of strands, lots of bandwidth.
              Any of this may be slightly wrong, just memory.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                Distance does not matter as much, data is transmitted digitally through glass via light. Light travels fast, zoom. It's also immune to electromagnetic interference, which old cables suffered from. Also they are as thin as a human hair so there are a lot of strands, lots of bandwidth.
                Any of this may be slightly wrong, just memory.
                Well distance matters in as much as fibre wasn't available for a long time where we were because they just didn't cover the area, and still don't cover a lot of surrounding areas out here.

Comment

New Avengers movie is very OK, trailer doesn't do it justice at all at all.

Very enjoyable action flic.
                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                    Well distance matters in as much as fibre wasn't available for a long time where we were because they just didn't cover the area, and still don't cover a lot of surrounding areas out here.
                    Distance isn't an issue when you are hooked up straight to the exchange, like UPC afaik, what eircon are doing is fiber to the home, not really a true fiber connection but beats the shit out of 1-3meg and gives 50-80meg, allbeit i think you have to be <5km from the cabinet.
                    This too shall pass.

Comment

On a totally unrelated note, got a traffic fine for going through red light (just changed on me when entering the junction) and got nabbed by a camara... Horrific picture by the way!... What my play here? Any way to get the fine reduced?

Is it just the case of suck it up and pay? Fine is $500 which seems excessive compared to ireland hence why I am asking (totally understand why though)
                      If traffic lights work the same way there as here , suck it up, pay the fine and stop being such a bollox when you're driving.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                        Made me think of this movie and not that other crap one Adventureland, must actually rewatch The Way Way Back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qoaVUdbWMs
                        Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                        It's impressive how Hollywood gets paid for putting out the same movies every year.
                        Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                        Equally impressive that none of them ever make any money either.
                        Wowsers, cracker of a film, not your usual run of the mill summer fun.

Carell does creepy and control freak very well.

Sam Rockwell did have the best lines though.

Solid 8/10
                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post

He really does span the spectrum from super nice guy to complete cunt in his films, not many actors can pull off that range.
                          Profit before people.

Comment

Solid 8/10
                            Yeah really liked that film too!

Young shawn from Psych & The Killing was good in this too

The ass on that anna sophia robb is pretty amazing

Saying all that Flamingo from The west wing was brilliant as usual

Comment

Distance isn't an issue when you are hooked up straight to the exchange, like UPC afaik, what eircon are doing is fiber to the home, not really a true fiber connection but beats the shit out of 1-3meg and gives 50-80meg, allbeit i think you have to be <5km from the cabinet.
                              There are so many terms around fibre that it makes it very confusing for the customer about what they are actually getting e.g. companies are using terms like "fibre powered", which is a very vague term really.

Traditionally peoples phone lines all went back to an exchange in a town and you could be many kms away, the further your copper line was from the exchange the higher the signal to noise ratio (SNR) was and effectively to you the slower your broadband speeds became.

What Eircom have done now is put small cabins in estates which are connected back to an exchange via fibre. Then your existing copper cable is connected to this new cabin which effectively shortens your copper line distance and then with some new technologies speeds up your broadband speed. This is known as fibre to the cabin (FTTC).

The next step will be to run fibre form your house directly to the cabin so you will have fibre all the way to your house which is also known as fibre to the home (FTTH). This will take years to role out but the good news is that Eircom now have huge competition in this area with ESB and Vodafone joining forces to roll this out to 50 towns and the government are proposing to fund the rural build and will most likely award 700million to Eircom or ESB/Vodafone to do it for them.

In the end its all very good for the customer and Ireland will have excellent internet to the vast majority of homes in the country by the end of the decade.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by poprock View Post

Also really love that film! Psych very fake for me but Anna....
                                    You can thank me later m8

If tv shows are anything to go by, get yourself a better call saul lawyer and you'll pay <200. I certainly would never pay the 500.

New Avengers movie is very OK, trailer doesn't do it justice at all at all.

Very enjoyable action flic.
                                    I disagree. Watched it in 3d yesterday, found it very soppy for a marvel film and spent 20 minutes telling Hawk-Eye's life story in anticipation for his film that it pissed me off a lot.
                                    5.2/10
                                    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

@AFB, found hot girl from Gypsy's number in my phone - 'London Beour'. Meeting up with her in Manchester next Saturday for some pints after the footie. Will try and get some nudey pics . Probs not tbf, but will try. Her name was Jenna, 0% chance I'd have remembered that.
                                      Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                        Highly dislike feckers in cars who try to angleshoot the lights changing. As if pedestrians aren't harried enough to hurry across the road out of the way of the precious one-tonne vehicle carrying one fcking person as it is. The amount of times the Luas gets blocked near Spencer Dock because of cars doing that. Really want the personal ability to fine those people. Especially after someone like that trying to save a second in their life ended up killing that poor Chinese mother last year.
                                        Don't think this is aimed at me, but to clarify, I wasn't trying to angleshoot the lights as that not something I do, it was a error which by the way I totally admit to being in the wrong.

I do know the type of people you are talking about and I think it is deplorable when that happens, and horrible what happened to the mother is horrible.

It should be remembered that there are a number of cases (very small number by the way) where it is safer to go through changing lights than to stop and that is true of America as the car following behind may not stop just because you are stopping. I have been in a couple of close shaves where I stop at the lights and the car following me wasn't prepared to stop.... Even got honked at a few times by those moranic drivers.

Comment

I

Saying all that Flamingo from The west wing was brilliant as usual
                                          I never heard of Sophia Rob, she may be perfect?

Edit : had a double check on Google images, and yes by looks she appears to be the perfect girl.
                                          Last edited by eamonhonda; 25-04-15, 01:22.
                                          airport, lol

Comment

Comment

sometimes even a song can you get you back on track

TAKEN FROM THE 2012 MERCURY PRIZE-NOMINATED ALBUM BY BEN HOWARD ‘Every Kingdom’ Stream https://benhoward.lnk.to/SelectionID album 'Collections From The Whit...

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                I
                                                I never heard of Sophia Rob, she may be perfect?

Edit : had a double check on Google images, and yes by looks she appears to be the perfect girl.
                                                no such thing as a perfect girl man

Originally posted by somegeniuswriters
                                                Will: Yeah, I went on a date last week.
                                                Sean: How'd it go?
                                                Will: It was good.
                                                Sean: Going out again?
                                                Will: I don't know.
                                                Sean: Why not?
                                                Will: Haven't called her.
                                                Sean: Christ, you're an amateur.
                                                Will: I know what I'm doing.
                                                Sean: Yeah.
                                                Will: Yeah. Don't worry about me. I know what I'm doin'. Yeah, but this girl is like, you know, beautiful. She's smart. She's funny. She's different from most of the other girls I've been with.
                                                Sean: So, call her up, Romeo.
                                                Will: Why? So I can realize she's not that smart, that she's fuckin' boring? Y'know--I mean...this girl is like fuckin' perfect right now, I don't wanna ruin that.
                                                Sean: Maybe you're perfect right now. Maybe you don't want to ruin that. I think that's a super philosophy, Will. That way you can go through your entire life without ever having to really know anybody.
                                                My wife used to fart when she was nervous. She had all sorts of wonderful idiosyncrasies. You know what? She used to fart in her sleep. Sorry I shared that with you. One night it was so loud it woke the dog up. She woke up and gone like "oh was that you?" I'd say yeah...I didn't have the heart to tell her...Oh God...[laughing]
                                                Will: She woke herself up?
                                                Sean: Yesssss. Oh Christ....aahhh, but, Will, she's been dead two years and that's the shit I remember. Wonderful stuff, you know, little things like that. Ah, but, those are the things I miss the most. The little idiosyncrasies that only I knew about. That's what made her my wife. Oh, and she had the goods on me, too, she knew all my little peccadillos. People call these things imperfections, but they're not, aw, that's the good stuff. And then we get to choose who we let in to our weird little worlds. You're not perfect, sport. And let me save you the suspense. This girl you met, she isn't perfect either. But the question is: whether or not you're perfect for each other. That's the whole deal. That's what intimacy is all about. Now you can know everything in the world, sport, but the only way you're findin' out that one is by givin' it a shot. You certainly won't learn from an old fucker like me. Even if I did know, I wouldn't tell a piss ant like you.
                                                [Will smiles]
                                                Will: Why not? You told me every other fuckin' thing. Jesus Christ. You talk more than any shrink I ever met.
                                                [Sean laughs] Sean: I teach this shit, I didn't say I knew how to do it.
                                                [pause] Will: Yeah......you ever think about gettin' remarried?
                                                Sean: My wife's dead.
                                                Will: Hence, the word remarried.
                                                Sean: My wife's dead.
                                                [pause] Will: Yeah.. Well, I think that's a super philosophy, Sean. I mean that way you could actually go through the rest of your life without ever really knowing anybody.
                                                [A pause. Sean smiles ironically.]
                                                Sean: Time's up.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                  I'd have no problem gambling body parts tbf. CHD isn't as big a better though and would be all too responsible for that I'd imagine.

Anyone fancy kidney vs kidney on some game hit me up
                                                  Yea obv you don't have a problem. You're made of glass. Hadly a fair wager.
                                                  X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                  Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

oh please god.
                                                    X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                    Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                                      Alright I'll up the stakes. I'll bet ya one of chd's kidneys for one of yours.
                                                      Go big or go homeless.

Comment

I find this type of post disappointing.

should be a rule, if one is going to make those kind of statements, that they be accompanied by a pic/gif that supports the contention.

Comment

The amount of times the Luas gets blocked near Spencer Dock because of cars doing that. Really want the personal ability to fine those people.
                                                          Ah, the problem there isn't really people breaking the lights. It's people not observing the rules for a yellow box junction. They usually have a green light but enter the junction when the exit is blocked by stationary traffic. A couple of Gardai handing out fines there on a regular basis would be the only way to sort it. The only time I've ever seen a Guard there was when Liz 2 was at the convention centre.
                                                          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

For some reason CHD and Mdoug popped into my head when I read that...
                                                            I'm good at gambling. I'm not good at poitín Fuck I'm in bits.

Will not eat potatoes for a long time.

Comment

Seriously never again. I'm fucked.

Comment

Originally posted by Lplated View Post
                                                                "Whats for Tea" is running in the 18:55 in Plumpton this evening.

Currently the longest price of six horses in this 3 mile handicap, at 20/1 (betfair).

Not a tip.
                                                                Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                Put a fiver on. Just in case.
                                                                Came 4th of six. Might have fared better if they had plumped for 'Whats for Tea M8'.

Comment

How do you get android to stop trying to sanitise bad words you type? The weirdest one is fecker to decker, as its only an Irish thing. No matter how many times I select 'save this word'
                                                                  I bought a keyboard that predicts what I am going to say, I don't use the default one.
                                                                  Actually checked and it's free now, see if it ducking works for you

Comment

Originally posted by Lplated View Post
                                                                    Came 4th of six. Might have fared better if they had plumped for 'Whats for Tea M8'.
                                                                    Thanks for the result. I had forgot about the bet.

Comment

sometimes even a song can you get you back on track

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADP65wbBUpc
                                                                      Never listened to this guy before, this one seems good

Buy The Burgh Island EP now:https://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/burgh-island-ep/id571218980?affId=1657369&ign-mpt=uo%3D4 NO COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT INTENDED

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                        Seriously never again. I'm fucked.
                                                                        Drinking water is probably a bad idea at the minute

Comment

Comment

Comment

Solid 8/10
                                                                              Glad to hear you liked it, you should check out this one also I've posted about it a couple times before pure quality.

Opens at the Varsity and VIP Cinemas in Toronto on June 7!Premiering to rave reviews at the 2013 Sundance Film Festival, THE KINGS OF SUMMER is a unique comi...

Originally posted by digiman View Post
                                                                              There are so many terms around fibre that it makes it very confusing for the customer about what they are actually getting e.g. companies are using terms like "fibre powered", which is a very vague term really.

Traditionally peoples phone lines all went back to an exchange in a town and you could be many kms away, the further your copper line was from the exchange the higher the signal to noise ratio (SNR) was and effectively to you the slower your broadband speeds became.

What Eircom have done now is put small cabins in estates which are connected back to an exchange via fibre. Then your existing copper cable is connected to this new cabin which effectively shortens your copper line distance and then with some new technologies speeds up your broadband speed. This is known as fibre to the cabin (FTTC).

The next step will be to run fibre form your house directly to the cabin so you will have fibre all the way to your house which is also known as fibre to the home (FTTH). This will take years to role out but the good news is that Eircom now have huge competition in this area with ESB and Vodafone joining forces to roll this out to 50 towns and the government are proposing to fund the rural build and will most likely award 700million to Eircom or ESB/Vodafone to do it for them.

In the end its all very good for the customer and Ireland will have excellent internet to the vast majority of homes in the country by the end of the decade.
                                                                              When I was getting my UPC sorted out the guy installing the new box said they had been trialling 500mb down in their office, fucking hell I'm thinking.
                                                                              "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Kyle Walker gonna be all over twitter today and the subject of terrace chants for a few years!!!

Comment

Originally posted by NuckChorris View Post
                                                                                  Kyle Walker gonna be all over twitter today and the subject of terrace chants for a few years!!!
                                                                                  Ya, that was bizarre to say the least.

I'd appreciate if people could refrain from embedding that in here please.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                                    Glad to hear you liked it, you should check out this one also I've posted about it a couple times before pure quality.

Opens at the Varsity and VIP Cinemas in Toronto on June 7!Premiering to rave reviews at the 2013 Sundance Film Festival, THE KINGS OF SUMMER is a unique comi...
                                                                                    Cool, that's tonight's film sorted.

Ron Swanson also, excellent.
                                                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

If a poitin hangover is anything like an absinthe hangover you can write off the next few days. Although I'd imagine its a bit purer.
                                                                                      really? we used to drink gallons of the stuff back in my student days and hangovers felt pretty much in line with others .

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                        Ya, that was bizarre to say the least.

I'd appreciate if people could refrain from embedding that in here please.
                                                                                        Apparently not him at all, he'll still get dogs abuse though.
                                                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

Carl Sagan - Pale Blue Dot

Comment

Cliffs?
                                                                                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                              Cliffs?

Comment

If my old letting agent/landlord didn't return a deposit since leaving a property in January - what's my best course of action.
                                                                                                I'm not sure the PTRB is the way to go given that they are blatantly no paying - there is no dispute.

The have been stalling, making excuses and all the usual tricks hoping to drag it out till I give up or forget.

I carried out all necessary responsibilities before leaving.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                                  Cliffs?
                                                                                                  Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                                  Apparently he filmed a version of FD's gif substituting in his missus for the ice - cream. In a very NSFW way!

Comment

Originally posted by RoadSweeper View Post
                                                                                                    If my old letting agent/landlord didn't return a deposit since leaving a property in January - what's my best course of action.
                                                                                                    I'm not sure the PTRB is the way to go given that they are blatantly no paying - there is no dispute.

The have been stalling, making excuses and all the usual tricks hoping to drag it out till I give up or forget.

Solicitor's letter would get things moving I'd imagine. Depends on cost of solicitor vs value of deposit.

Comment

...

Comment

oh wow, thats actually a new type of porn. Just when you think you had watched everything.
                                                                                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

...

Comment

Great end to end entertainment in the Saints/Spurs game.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by RoadSweeper View Post

Small Claims Court.
                                                                                                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                                Small Claims Court.
                                                                                                                Caveat.

(d) a claim for the non-return of a rent deposit for certain kinds of rented properties. For example, a holiday home or a room / flat in a premises where the owner also lives

provided that a claim does not exceed €2,000.

Claims in respect of other matters relating to rented accommodation must be brought to: Private Residential Tenancies Board, 2nd Floor, O'Connell Bridge House, D'Olier Street, Dublin 2. Website: www.prtb.ie
                                                                                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

...

Comment

Police are currently searching for... [*looks at name*. *Double reads name as it seems familiar*. Ohh]. Jaysus I hope that search for the kid ends well.
                                                                                                                    Is that the one from Rathfarnam that has gone missing with her mother?

Comment

...
                                                                                                                      Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 25-04-15, 13:25.

Comment

Not Him so removed.
                                                                                                                        Last edited by TheDrunkenOne; 25-04-15, 14:59.

Comment

On another note...AP McCoy's last ride today before he retires, is in the 4.25 at Sandown on a horse called BOX OFFICE.... You'd just be mad not to be on it, One Last Time and all that jazz...

Thanks AP for all the Memories, You'll be greatly missed. Enjoy your retirement Sir, you've earned it.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X