X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fiery Wasabi View Post
    FAO all unhappy workers above.......

Irish Rail are actually recruiting Trainee Locomotive Drivers at the moment.
    Looking at you Dom and Riggs.
    Link? Just in case like.

Comment

@tar any ideas on snacky raw veg and low fat dips. Did Cucumber, carrot and celery sticks yesterday and made a lovely dip with fat free greek yogurt with a half teaspoon of mint sauce and a drop of vinegar . it was lush.

Would like a few other ideas if you have any. or anyone
      Her sky-ness
      © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
        @tar any ideas on snacky raw veg and low fat dips. Did Cucumber, carrot and celery sticks yesterday and made a lovely dip with fat free greek yogurt with a half teaspoon of mint sauce and a drop of vinegar . it was lush.

Hummus

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
          Hummus
          Dip a load of syn free sausages in it.
          airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
            oh look at me I like my jobbb.
            jk
            Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
            You don't work in I.T. then
            Whoah, I never said that I liked my job, just that I don't think most hate theirs. My job is the emotional equivalent of a guy working in Delhi rummaging through a dump everyday for scrap.

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
            Best job I ever had was working in an amusement park in the States on a J1.
            Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
            My favourite job was the two summers I spent aged 15 and 16 in Fort Lucan.
            My favourite was also working in an amusement park in US on J1. I think we have cracked it. Also my amusement park had a small train that went around it, which must obviously have been the nut job according to our deeply considered criteria.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                Tzatzikis - quite close to what you did yesterday: a creamy, minty, cucumbery greek dip
                That's lovely. Was pleasantly surprised by how awesome Greek food is when I was there.

Comment

McNuggets and curry dip m8. EZ

Comment

The boards.ie mobile site has a strange grasp of a-z.

Starts with E,A,G,T..
                    airport, lol

Comment

This story is terribly sad. Not sure how I feel about the travel agent calling the guards in.

I imagine/hope that when I'm closer to the end, that it'll be just a simple case of booking yourself in a fair few months in advance, a couple of check ups where at any stage you can back out, and then a simple Ryanair flight across to get sorted.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                        This story is terribly sad. Not sure how I feel about the travel agent calling the guards in.
                        Cunce IMO.
                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

What are our views on assisted suicide?

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                            Hummus
                            Tried it before didnt like it

Tzatzikis - quite close to what you did yesterday: a creamy, minty, cucumbery greek dip
                            Yeah think I saw a recipe for that somewhere, ill try that next.
                            Her sky-ness
                            © 5starpool

Comment

and more generally:

Anyone who thinks privatization of bus & rail in Ireland will not lead of black holes of transport is a moron.
                              Also, Dublin Bus drivers tried in a past to keep services running but not collect fares as a method of strike but faced legal sanction
                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

@tar a fat free greek yogurt
                                the amount of sugar in that is terrifying
                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                  Anyone who thinks privatization of bus & rail in Ireland will not lead of black holes of transport is a moron.
                                  Also, Dublin Bus drivers tried in a past to keep services running but not collect fares as a method of strike but faced legal sanction
                                  It's not privatisation, it's tendering out a few routes; that being said any private bus service I've used here has been >>>>>>> the public service.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                    I am 100% in favour of it. Where it is certain that someone is terminally ill, has very poor quality of life and does not wish to continue suffering needlessly, there is no moral justification for preventing them taking their own life.
                                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

I'd rather a doctor could take care of it, in a humane manner.

But if the person is of sane mind, and requests it, I feel that it should be permitted.

Comment

Yeah fat free yoghurts are one of the worst examples of terrible fat free products. They are almost entirely flavoured with sugar.

Comment

I'd like to say I've no problem with it but would probably balk if actually asked to assist.
                                          In fact, I dont know what I'd do.
                                          - Good for them but dunno if I could help if you want a soundbite

Comment

Dublin Bus drivers think they have it tough?

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                              Yeah fat free yoghurts are one of the worst examples of terrible fat free products. They are almost entirely flavoured with sugar.
                                              Can never understand why almost every yoghurt in a supermarket is sugar-filled "Greek Style" rather than actual just Greek yoghurt.

Comment

I am using this one, havent a clue but the way I look at it is , my snack right now could have been a cheese burger from macdonalds or a big bag of sweets. Hell of alot better for me than shite!

Liberté has become the leader in quality dairy products, whether in the organic, probiotic or non fat division.
                                                Her sky-ness
                                                © 5starpool

Comment

The issue that they are striking over is that companies are being invited to bid for the tender to provide specified routes (no reason Dublin Bus can't try and win the tender by the way).

The private companies aren't coming in to set up their preferred routes and cancel the rest, the government are telling them what routes they have to provide and the companies are saying how much subsidy they need to provide them.

Comment

What's the verdict on couscous?

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                      only ever had a tesco packet type thing and actually was ok.

I presume there has to be a better one out there? never thought of that actaully
                                                      Her sky-ness
                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

Oh Lord, mouth watering here!

Her sky-ness
                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

I am using this one, havent a clue but the way I look at it is , my snack right now could have been a cheese burger from macdonalds or a big bag of sweets. Hell of alot better for me than shite!

https://www.liberte.ca/en/products/g...ain-0-percent/
                                                          Yogurt is basically fat

Fat free yogurt is basically sugar

Sugar is worse for you than any fats

Eat proper yogurt or don't eat yogurt at all!

Any diet plan that says eat sugar laden fat free products is short term bollox at best

You have been told this on here a 1000 times at this stage

Comment

make it yourself, only takes a few minutes, its a piece of piss, way cheaper than supermarket stuff

Mate used to call it the vegetarians edible secret

Full of gluten though

Comment

Comment

Read the top post, immediately followed by the next one and thought Holy Fuck. Didn't actually realise SatNav had quoted Keanes hummus post.

/need a break.

@Hitch - John Fitzgerald one of the best people I ever worked for (I was only a minion - still am - but he was very shrewd).

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                  Yogurt is basically fat

Fat free yogurt is basically sugar

Sugar is worse for you than any fats

Eat proper yogurt or don't eat yogurt at all!

Any diet plan that says eat sugar laden fat free products is short term bollox at best

You have been told this on here a 1000 times at this stage
                                                                  yes ok however what harm is it doing to you that I choose to eat fat free yogurt. it has already helped me lose plenty of weight so its obv working . I dont care whats in it as long as it aint synd, which is the diet I am following .

I was looking for dip tips not nutrional tips. ty!
                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

yes ok however what harm is it doing to you that I choose to eat fat free yogurt. it has already helped me lose plenty of weight so its obv working . I dont care whats in it as long as it aint synd, which is the diet I am following .

I was looking for dip tips not nutrional tips. ty!
                                                                    Tilt

Comment

Originally posted by thechamp87 View Post
                                                                      Tilt
                                                                      Tilt away there love
                                                                      Her sky-ness
                                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

Yeah think I saw a recipe for that somewhere, ill try that next.
                                                                        There are a million different hummous', easy to make and taste drastically different...moroccon hummous, spicy chilli, caramelised onion, plain old lemon etc.
                                                                        I wasn't sure it was possible to not like hummous, unless you just had a shite one.

What hitch said, that is lovely
                                                                        I don't really do low fat so no idea on that count. Dips I use are pesto, tahini (amazing omfgtasty good), tzatziki, and various nut butters.

Maybe bean pate? That is class.

Or chutneys and salsas? The stuff I make is here but I doubt many of them are low fat.

Couscous is fantastic, somehow most people cant seem to make it which I fond hilarious, since you literally add a little bit of water to it and its done. Again it's something that is completely versatile, couscous with any main or a couscous bake

The shelbourne served me couscous on its own before at a company do haha, safe to say our company doesn't eat there any more.

Couscous bake I made when I was veggie:

Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 23-04-15, 13:44.

Comment

Whoah, I never said that I liked my job, just that I don't think most hate theirs. My job is the emotional equivalent of a guy working in Delhi rummaging through a dump everyday for scrap.

My favourite was also working in an amusement park in US on J1. I think we have cracked it. Also my amusement park had a small train that went around it, which must obviously have been the nut job according to our deeply considered criteria.
                                                                          Made me think of this movie and not that other crap one Adventureland, must actually rewatch The Way Way Back.

Subscribe to TRAILERS: http://bit.ly/sxaw6hSubscribe to COMING SOON: http://bit.ly/H2vZUnLike us on FACEBOOK:http://goo.gl/dHs73.Over the course of his summe...
                                                                          "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

It's impressive how Hollywood gets paid for putting out the same movies every year.

Comment

...

Comment

gattaca here we come

Comment

You'd swear this was written about a certain mod from here.

'The young man's name was Jose Antonio Godinez Carrera. Godinez had an adolescent charm and a taste for women and drinking with his friends.
                                                                                  But his happy-go-lucky exterior concealed a steely ambition: Godinez was determined to become a bus driver. When his hands were on the wheel and his foot on the gas, he felt free and powerful, capable of anything'
                                                                                  X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                  Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                    It's impressive how Hollywood gets paid for putting out the same movies every year.
                                                                                    Equally impressive that none of them ever make any money either.

Comment

Cleared my desk, had my exit interview. Dumped my responsibilities off. one more day.
                                                                                      Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

The financial services world is picking up. Two unsolicited tap ups on LinkedIn by recruiters and just off the phone with another one. All in the space of 24 hours. Probably one job lol!
                                                                                        ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

You couldn't be up with them Keanes.

Comment

After my big book dumping operation 2 weeks ago (saw some rip off rinky dink version being touted by Hitch here, possibly while guzzling Cadet Cola), my clothes and I had a battle this afternoon.

Despite being berated for my numbers last time I counted them, I counted again as I filled up big plastic boxes of them to be dumped tomorrow.

Footwear - 10
                                                                                            Trousers - 57
                                                                                            Jackets / coats - 23
                                                                                            Shirts - 27
                                                                                            T-Shirts - 52
                                                                                            Socks - 67
                                                                                            Underwear - 55
                                                                                            Tops / jumpers - uncounted

Somehow amidst all of this I resolved that I have to buy various clothes, but a great victory has been achieved today.

One could get the mistaken impression from this that I am someone into clothes. I am not. The problem has been the way I store them. It's like Google search, if they are piled vertically then I don't look beyond the first 5 or so results. So a regular use pair of trousers might randomly end up inside out on page 3 of the search rankings and not get worn for a year as a result. And of course a similar type would then get bought. Quite a number of items that went out had never been worn / still had tags on them.

Comment

14 hours to Dublin... I'm about the only person on the plane with a free seat beside nee ... Twenty screaming babies within earshot... What's the max safe dose of zanax?
                                                                                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

That's a lot of trousers m8

Comment

I've said it before, I'll say it again, just cut underwear. No need for it.

Comment

Originally posted by shano1888 View Post
                                                                                                    That's a lot of trousers m8
                                                                                                    It doesn't look that many when piled up, although some sections fell back and in and so a half dozen could be obscured by one in front.

Comment

Couscous ? couscous? Wat da fuck is couscous?
                                                                                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Tilt away there love
                                                                                                        Listen, eat whatever you like. But if you're gonna ignore tried and tested advice on what to eat it would probably be better to not bother raising the topic in the first place. The blueprint is there - Olly looks the picture of health primarily achieved through discipline and application. If anyone wants to look like that, read his posts. If you don't, cool. But harping on about low fat this and that is a fucking waste of electrons tbh.
                                                                                                        "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                            Couscous ? couscous? Wat da fuck is couscous?
                                                                                                            proper north african couscous with loads of sauce, root vegetables, and plenty of stewed lamb is delicious.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                                                                                              I've said it before, I'll say it again, just cut underwear. No need for it.
                                                                                                              Link?

Comment

...

Comment

Listen, eat whatever you like. But if you're gonna ignore tried and tested advice on what to eat it would probably be better to not bother raising the topic in the first place. The blueprint is there - Olly looks the picture of health primarily achieved through discipline and application. If anyone wants to look like that, read his posts. If you don't, cool. But harping on about low fat this and that is a fucking waste of electrons tbh.
                                                                                                                  I think she only asked about dips.

Just because you don't agree with a diet, don't be acting like what Olly is doing is the best diet in the world. I don't agree with it at all.

We are ALL entitled to opinions and this place should be free for us all to talk about which ever diet/lifestyle works for us.

Comment

Paleo me arse.

Mac n cheese diet.
                                                                                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

It doesn't look that many when piled up, although some sections fell back and in and so a half dozen could be obscured by one in front.

I hang all my trousers, I need to learn your mad stacking skills. I just bought 5 new pairs of trousers, yet have some I've never worn yet. In fact I have trousers for all possible reasonable weights I could be, Contingencies. Have recently thrown out several bin bags of clothes.

Im still not sure what my new cord/chinos hybrids are trying to pull off. People behind me think I am wearing chinos, people in front of me think I'm wearing cords. The mullet of trousers. Quite the ruse either way.

Comment

would you ever fuck off with yourself you sad fuck!

WTF has Olly to do with me asking about a recipe for a dip, I will eat what I like and certainly dont want any advice from the likes of fucking you!
                                                                                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

Hopping aboard the stacking trousers train.

I feel like the Dexter of trousers.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X