Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was in Bray this evening for the first time. I agree with CHD's assessment of it.

Comment

Give me Romans millions and I'd even take lolpool to the title . With watchable footie .

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
        I was in Bray this evening for the first time. I agree with CHD's assessment of it.
        Hope you're OK m8.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
          you could make a fairly good argument that he's coached the last two world cup winning teams
          "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
            Hope you're OK m8.
            I had cake which compensated for it.

Comment

I had cake which compensated for it.
              Are you getting married in bray then?

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                Are you getting married in bray then?
                No, but the cake comes from there. The missus got a half price one at some wedding fair thingy.

Comment

Hope you're OK m8.
                  To answer a question you asked me recently

Sligo Rovers are a bit shite at the minute, was at the Bohs game, looked like a Sunday morning team.

Best player out injured (Henderson) as is Peers
                  Beattie looked good in bits but was a alone
                  young Dykes played alright at leftback,
                  young fella called Armstrong supposed to have a bit about him
                  young centre back called McManus supposed to be handy (was out Monday),
                  Brushie had a good game in goal
                  Estonian international looks the type who needs to be in a better team and did fuck all
                  Ward looked ok in patches

Danish lad is shite, doesn't look like he can run, poor enough touch and cant jump

Cretaro not getting a game so assume not training/playing well

Forget the rest
                  Manager is pure coaching manual by the numbers from what I hear and from what i saw Monday

Comment

No, but the cake comes from there. The missus got a half price one at some wedding fair thingy.
                    Half price cake from Bray?

a made up drug called CAKE is the focus of a fake public awareness video, with real celebs duped into selling it.
                    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Good old boards, another bags made of a site change. Of course the 'its not our problem, its yours' attitude prevails

Comment

Good old boards, another bags made of a site change. Of course the 'its not our problem, its yours' attitude prevails
                        Seen it was a bit fucked earlier what was the issue?
                        airport, lol

Comment

I'm still on the old vbulletin style. The day they switch that off will be one where I'm very annoyed.

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 21-04-15, 21:41.
                            "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                              Tories at 4/9 to get most seats in upcoming election. I'd be dumping bucketloads of cash on that if had bucketloads of cash. This 'be scared of the Scots' campaign by the Tories will do wonders with their Southern gentile aging-and-afraid voter base.
                              I'd pick the conservatives to come out on top too but think 4-9 isn't much value. The best political bet by a country mile right now is Labour to come back with under 14.5 seats at 5-6 after the next GE. Insane value, the most ardent Labour supporters would snap your hand off for 10 seats right now. A continued economic recovery is unlikely to help them too much, aside from perhaps their biggest names as their core support is gone and its not coming back.

Comment

Hitch add "Art and Craft" to your doc list
                                airport, lol

Comment

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 21-04-15, 22:24.

Comment

Comment

So cool

Since 2009, coders have created thousands of amazing experiments using Chrome, Android, AI, WebVR, AR and more. We're showcasing projects here, along with helpful tools and resources, to inspire others to create new experiments.

Comment

What's most impressive about those tweets above is that we in business schools now actually train people in that sort of social media stuff. Your tax dollars are now getting retweets peeps. Phenomenal bang for the buck, compared to the billions squandered on e.g. discovering the Higgs Boson which never managed a hilarious photoshop despite literally existing since the beginning of time.
                                          Should be my job. Have a phd in bantsonomics.
                                          X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Tories at 4/9 to get most seats in upcoming election. I'd be dumping bucketloads of cash on that if had bucketloads of cash. This 'be scared of the Scots' campaign by the Tories will do wonders with their Southern gentile aging-and-afraid voter base.
                                            Think that's a lay tbh

Comment

Thankfully for the local people Theresa's bet, SA have stopped bombing Yemen.

Comment

Stop making up countries lol denny.

Nomen is fucked too m8

Comment

I'd love a bag of skittles right now.

Comment

What's most impressive about those tweets above is that we in business schools now actually train people in that sort of social media stuff. Your tax dollars are now getting retweets peeps. Phenomenal bang for the buck, compared to the billions squandered on e.g. discovering the Higgs Boson which never managed a hilarious photoshop despite literally existing since the beginning of time.
                                                    Well who ever was in charge of Ryanair's tweet department should be sent back to business school, they just walked into that one with their pants down.

I'd love a bag of skittles right now.

Comment

Just popped into Fran/Jackyback's log over on boards. To see how he was getting on and found a pretty grim post from a few hours ago.
                                                      He was hit by a car on his way to work, driver drove off and left him unconscious in the middle of the road.
                                                      Wishing him a speedy recovery.

Not sure if your still looking but Velorevolution had a post on the book of face this morning looking for 2 riders for their 2nd team in the Ras Mumhan.

Originally posted by jackyback
                                                      I was over the disappointment of Ras Mumhan and back racing and training after a decent showing at last Sunday's A3 race. Yesterday morning I was stopped in my tracks. Hit by a car in what appears to be a hit and run on my morning commute into work leaving me apparently laying in the middle of the road unconscious.
                                                      Details are still a bit sketchy as I was out cold for a while, suffering now and in a lot of pain and cannot sleep but thankfully nothing broken. My wife heard mention of a fractured bone in my neck after the X Rays but thankfully the CT is showing some wear and tear but nothing appears to be broken.
                                                      Don't know what really to think, a combination of thanking my lucky stars that I was wearing a helmet but from talks today it's going to take some rehab and a long road to recover from the head trauma. Rather confused at the moment and I suppose keeping a record of some of my thoughts as I have been told I wont be right for a bit and will forget things. Poor Michelle, kids and my parents are very upset, sense of guilt on my behalf for putting them through it.
                                                      Image might be a bit NSFW but could you imagine the impact without wearing the helmet!

Comment

Is there any way another important market participant, e.g. BoylesSports which probably stand to lose most from a rejuvenated Ladbrokes, can appeal the examinership on, say, grounds that it unfairly affects market competition.

Well, something, something, legal, something, along these lines. Essentially can it be stopped if it might affect other market participants or is it purely a matter for Ladbrokes and their creditors?
                                                        Unless said other market participant was also a creditor, they would have no place objecting at all, and even if they had a place (as a creditor), an argument based on market competition type thoughts would not fly.

Examinership in theory is purely about returning the business to becoming a going concern, on the basis of the general good in maintaining sustainable jobs, paying taxes etc etc To achieve that good other rights, particularly creditors rights to be paid or to sue get sacrificed.

Objections to Examinerships usually come from smaller creditors whose rights get disproportionately squashed. Very few (none?) examples of such objections succeeding. Objections based on corporate recklessness or such would have greater chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                          Just popped into Fran/Jackyback's log over on boards. To see how he was getting on and found a pretty grim post from a few hours ago.
                                                          He was hit by a car on his way to work, driver drove off and left him unconscious in the middle of the road.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showp...postcount=3090
                                                          Sold my bike recently after one close call too many, there are some maniacs out there and all you are is a bag of meat and water v the likes of a range rover.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Lplated View Post
                                                              Objections to Examinerships usually come from smaller creditors whose rights get disproportionately squashed. Very few (none?) examples of such objections succeeding. Objections based on corporate recklessness or such would have greater chance.
                                                              Not a single reported example. Not even anecdotal evidence. Examinerships have been pretty rare up until now and while the new Act makes them cheaper (in theory) and more accessible to small companies I doubt we will see a stampede to the Circuit Court.
                                                              You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                              World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Lplated View Post
                                                                Unless said other market participant was also a creditor, they would have no place objecting at all, and even if they had a place (as a creditor), an argument based on market competition type thoughts would not fly.

Examinership in theory is purely about returning the business to becoming a going concern, on the basis of the general good in maintaining sustainable jobs, paying taxes etc etc To achieve that good other rights, particularly creditors rights to be paid or to sue get sacrificed.

I can see examinership working like that to restructure rent and renegotiate employees contracts etc for say the likes of Bewleys where there customer comes in orders a coffee and pays and gets their product there and then.

I cant see too many punters throwing money on the match tonight in a shop and expecting to go back tomorrow to get paid on the off chance the doors would be shut ? Same with the online side. Can a company like this survive after examinership ?
                                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                  I can see examinership working like that to restructure rent and renegotiate employees contracts etc for say the likes of Bewleys where there customer comes in orders a coffee and pays and gets their product there and then.

I cant see too many punters throwing money on the match tonight in a shop and expecting to go back tomorrow to get paid on the off chance the doors would be shut ? Same with the online side. Can a company like this survive after examinership ?
                                                                  Once they've gone through Examinership, and assuming they come out the other side intact (i'd be interested to see %'s on that) a company is generally on a very sound footing (i.e all debts written off to generally 10-15%, restructured cost-effective company etc) so i'd have no worry on that front.

I'm interested to see how it works with regard to the fact that it is just the Irish operation entering the process (i.e. does it leave them open to a possible takeover from competitors / interested parties in Ireland?) as a trimmed down, cost effective in place chain might be of interest to some people.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                    Once they've gone through Examinership, and assuming they come out the other side intact (i'd be interested to see %'s on that) a company is generally on a very sound footing (i.e all debts written off to generally 10-15%, restructured cost-effective company etc) so i'd have no worry on that front.

I'm interested to see how it works with regard to the fact that it is just the Irish operation entering the process (i.e. does it leave them open to a possible takeover from competitors / interested parties in Ireland?) as a trimmed down, cost effective in place chain might be of interest to some people.
                                                                    Would you now place a large bet with them ?
                                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Some more reading from the PokerStars blog I'm a big fan of this it's pure quality - The best story the PokerStars Blog ever published.
                                                                      "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                        Would you now place a large bet with them ?
                                                                        I was talking about after Examinership. Anyway during the process your money is guaranteed afaik but dont take my word for it.

Comment

After the guts of a decade in college just entered my last week. Using my one time that I'll make it through the final exam and join the real world

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showp...postcount=3090
                                                                            TBH he looks only a little worse than he did the time a couple of us carried him into a taxi outside Barry's

Its crazy on the roads out there for cyclists. I'm still training for a triathlon at the end of May, I'm really enjoying the running and swimming (Except for getting carried away by a current in PE on Sunday and having to get a lift back in with a surfer ) but every time I go out on the bike I'm pure terrified.
                                                                            You wouldn't believe the amount of cunts on country roads who when seeing an oncoming car will not slow down to pass you when the car has passed but try to squeeze between me and the white line... GTFO you scum.
                                                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                              TBH he looks only a little worse than he did the time a couple of us carried him into a taxi outside Barry's

Its crazy on the roads out there for cyclists. I'm still training for a triathlon at the end of May, I'm really enjoying the running and swimming (Except for getting carried away by a current in PE on Sunday and having to get a lift back in with a surfer ) but every time I go out on the bike I'm pure terrified.
                                                                              You wouldn't believe the amount of cunts on country roads who when seeing an oncoming car will not slow down to pass you when the car has passed but try to squeeze between me and the white line... GTFO you scum.
                                                                              My favorite are the guys who undertake people on the hard shoulder when the person they are undertaking is either turning right or even when the they are travelling near the speed limit but the idiot cant cannot wait till oncoming traffic has passed. I see a lot of people doing it at night on a stretch of road that usually has a few pedestrian pedestrians ( who are nearly as bad walkingor cycling in the dark dressed head to toe in black with no reflective gear)
                                                                              Last edited by Guest; 22-04-15, 10:18.

Comment

Just got this in post with a congratulations card inside. No idea who its from or why I have won/deserved it.

TBH it will be wasted on me as I like vodka with coke and it has shot glasses you cant set down, wtf all that about?

Dont want to give it away either as its a cool bottle/set

One of those things that may end in the .................................................. .......shed

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                                                  After the guts of a decade in college just entered my last week. Using my one time that I'll make it through the final exam and join the real world
                                                                                  The real world sucks. Avoid imo
                                                                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Seems like days rather than weeks left for Greece. Cheap sun holidays beckon.
                                                                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Will they have the balls to default?
                                                                                      this is not a serious post

Comment

Possibly.
                                                                                        Also quite possibly...
                                                                                        the newDrachma so volatile that no banks here want to hold it so you can't get any before you head away.
                                                                                        Greek government trying to maintain an official 1 to 1 rate so you get ripped off at ATMs with foreign bank cards and have to get the real rate on the local blackmarket.
                                                                                        Shops and restaurants only accepting Euros or dollars from tourists, and a dual menu system.
                                                                                        Massive increases in begging around tourist resorts.
                                                                                        Increased targeting of foreigners for theft.

Comment

If Greece default will euro slump even more against sterling? Where I live flooded with tight nordies taking advantage, don't want it getting worse

Comment

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
                                                                                            Just got this in post with a congratulations card inside. No idea who its from or why I have won/deserved it.

TBH it will be wasted on me as I like vodka with coke and it has shot glasses you cant set down, wtf all that about?

Dont want to give it away either as its a cool bottle/set

One of those things that may end in the .................................................. .......shed

http://www.amazon.co.uk/ULuvka-Vodka.../dp/B004JV7QPI
                                                                                            Just pour it in to ordinary glasses and add your mixer of choice.... Smurph got one of these as a gift a few years back when she was still in the building company. Lovely Vodka too !
                                                                                            The guy who sent it was partial to a bottle of Midleton Whiskey, and even changed his password to Midleton as he liked it so much.

Comment

The real world sucks. Avoid imo
                                                                                              Seriously. By the time you've earned enough money to enjoy it properly, you won't have enough energy and/or health left to enjoy it properly. I need to win the lotto. Any more tips, Rigger?
                                                                                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

I'm at home sick and some traveller who was trying to pass himself off as a landscaper just knocked on the door: "is your mam or dad there?" I was kinda dumbfounded and just said "what?" Same exchange again and then he said "oh I thought you were a young lad, sure isn't it a complement."

Bizarre.

Comment

Got an email from Heineken congratulating me on winning a Sports Bag/Holdall thingy.... looks like it was one on hundreds of 2nd prizes where 1st prize was a trip to the Champions League Final .... FML. bubble boy again.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                                    If Greece default will euro slump even more against sterling? Where I live flooded with tight nordies taking advantage, don't want it getting worse
                                                                                                    You dont live in Bundoran do you?
                                                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                      You dont live in Bundoran do you?
                                                                                                      Close enough

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                                          I'm at home sick and some traveller who was trying to pass himself off as a landscaper just knocked on the door: "is your mam or dad there?" I was kinda dumbfounded and just said "what?" Same exchange again and then he said "oh I thought you were a young lad, sure isn't it a complement."

Bizarre.
                                                                                                          Got that from an election canvasser last year.

I had another one that was smoking as I answered the door I nearly laughed.
                                                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                                            Close enough
                                                                                                            Close enough to Bundoran is a lovely part of the world. Bundoran is an awful kip.
                                                                                                            airport, lol

Comment

...

Comment

Is there a standard guide to good wine - E.g. if i wanted to take advantage of newfound proximity and build up a collection of fine(-ish) bordeauxs etc over time
                                                                                                                Its colour coded.

Red = Nice
                                                                                                                White = Pish

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post

Bizarre.
                                                                                                                  Compliments are part of the ploy, the last time I was home a mid-twenties traveler knocked at the mother's door (who is in her mid 60's) and was flirting like mad with her while trying to talk her into some landscaping malarky scam.

He is probably casing your gaff and wasn't expecting you to be home, get well soon.

Comment

...

Comment

Is there a standard guide to good wine - E.g. if i wanted to take advantage of newfound proximity and build up a collection of fine(-ish) bordeauxs etc over time
                                                                                                                      Take advantage of being in france and travel to the different regions.

GAB requested travel advice before

found my old post there

Comment

Originally posted by gorrrr72 View Post
                                                                                                                        Compliments are part of the ploy, the last time I was home a mid-twenties traveler knocked at the mother's door (who is in her mid 60's) and was flirting like mad with her while trying to talk her into some landscaping malarky scam.

He is probably casing your gaff and wasn't expecting you to be home, get well soon.
                                                                                                                        That certainly crossed my mind alright. Compliments are grand an all, but asking a 36 year old if his mammy is in is plain retarded.

Comment

Re Wine:

Be Ignorant.
                                                                                                                          Buy Ignorant.
                                                                                                                          Be Happy.
                                                                                                                          Be more well off.

Aldi Malbec is our go to choice.
                                                                                                                          Last edited by Emmet; 22-04-15, 12:50.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X