• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gholimoli View Post
    easy...
    SPOILER
    August 17th .

here is why.

SPOILER
    first Albert says he doesn't know but neither does Bernard.

by process of elimination we can eliminate May19 and June 18 because those are the only two dates that are not repeated so
    with Bernard knowing the date ,he would have known the whole thing.

Albert still doesn't know the full date so it can't be June 17th either because after June 18th eliminated then June 17th would
    be the only date in June and Albert would therefor have known.

when Albert says i don't know then Bern figures out it's not June 17th cuz otherwise Albert would have known.
    it is after this that Bern says "i didn't know but i know now" .

the only way for this to happen is if the number Bern has is 17 but there were two of them so he didn't know before June 17th was eliminated
    and that only happened with Albert's comment.

after Bern says "i know now" then Albert goes through the above process and finds out the full date.
    your welcome
    SPOILER
    you can eliminate all of May/Jun based off Albert's first statment

Comment

Nah Denny is right fo sho
      Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Anyone able to recommend a good health insurance plan?

Comment

SPOILER
          yeah its july 16th, more of these so i feel like a big man that can do asian primary school deduction

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
            SPOILER
            you can eliminate all of May/Jun based off Albert's first statment
            SPOILER
            i can see how you can eliminate whole of June based on Albert s first statement but how do you eliminate May 16th and May 15th ?

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
              Recommendations on a nice restaurant to grab a bite to eat tomorrow around before heading to the Bord Gais theatre, plates are a must Megatron

Edit - somewhere nice in town as we've decided to head in a little earlier so as to have a few more options.
              I've been roped into going to that tomorrow night too Danny, see you there

Are you going voluntarily?

Comment

What's the deal if a place your working just keeps you in emergency tax for no good reason when everything should be in order.

The younger brother is in a new job and got a payslip and its emergency taxes the shit out of him. All his details were sorted with revenue 2 weeks ago. He's in the job 3 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Gholimoli View Post
                  SPOILER
                  i can see how you can eliminate whole of June based on Albert s first statement but how do you eliminate May 16th and May 15th ?
                  The only way Bernard would know from the outset is if it was a unique date. So for Albert to be certain that Bernard doesn't know(statement 1) it must be a month without a unique date hence eliminating may/june
                  Profit before people.

Comment

@ Kayroo . What did you think of Dubs yesterday? Even allowing for the late withdrawals of Brogan / O'carroll and a lot of the Marquee forwards having an off day in the same match , there doesn't seem to be a lot of new ideas emerging for dealing with the blanket defence.

The main tactic seems to be kick the ball into the inside forwards , have them run back towards where the ball was kicked from and pass it to an oncoming half back to run into a wall of defenders and lose it.

Kilkenny showed well and won possession but whereas in his U21 days he would make space and knock it over , he seems to have had that skill trained out of him and is constantly looking to get rid of it.

They also don't seem to understand that if you are 3 points up with 3 mins to go that there is no onus on you to win by 6 points. They need to sit down and look at a recording of how once Cork got ahead of Donegal they just passed the ball around midfield from one wing to the other and drew Donegal out.

I know a lot of supporters from other counties would love to be heading into a third league final in a row but in terms of Championship prospects yesterday was very disappointing.

20,000 a bad turnout for 4 counties playing semi finals with probably at least half that Dublin supporters. It must have been loss making overall for GAA. Surely time they looked at holding these games in neutral venues closer to the participating teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Kim Huybrechts View Post
                      What's the deal if a place your working just keeps you in emergency tax for no good reason when everything should be in order.

The younger brother is in a new job and got a payslip and its emergency taxes the shit out of him. All his details were sorted with revenue 2 weeks ago. He's in the job 3 weeks.
                      Tell him to tell the payroll people to update their p2c. It doesn't cost or save the employer anything by having him on emergency tax so no reason for them not to update it.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                        Tell him to tell the payroll people to update their p2c. It doesn't cost or save the employer anything by having him on emergency tax so no reason for them not to update it.
                        He won't get the extra back though will be till the end of the year, it was a big amount relatively speaking

Comment

Originally posted by Kim Huybrechts View Post
                          He won't get the extra back though will be till the end of the year, it was a big amount relatively speaking
                          He will get it back in his next pay
                          airport, lol

Comment

khanacademy is class, wish i had that at school.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                              I've been roped into going to that tomorrow night too Danny, see you there

Are you going voluntarily?
                              Yeah going on my own volition, caught some great shows in New York and would've gone and seen it then but my buddy had just recently caught it so didn't want to make him go again, raved on about it so and I've heard it's decent so looking forward to it.
                              "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Yeah going on my own volition, caught some great shows in New York and would've gone and seen it then but my buddy had just recently caught it so didn't want to make him go again, raved on about it so and I've heard it's decent so looking forward to it.
                                I hope you're right. Not my thing really but don't mind banking the credit for future use.

Comment

This Liverpool Newcastle game is just so odd. I've no idea how there has only been 1 goal scored so far, both teams are awful at the back, it should be about 5-4, but not in an entertaining way really.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                    This Liverpool Newcastle game is just so odd. I've no idea how there has only been 1 goal scored so far, both teams are awful at the back, it should be about 5-4, but not in an entertaining way really.
                                    Two teams already on the beach mentally.
                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Recommendations on a nice restaurant to grab a bite to eat tomorrow around before heading to the Bord Gais theatre, plates are a must Megatron

Edit - somewhere nice in town as we've decided to head in a little earlier so as to have a few more options.
                                      Somewhere nice and reasonable before a show check out Citron in the Fitzwilliam hotel, the pigs ear or the Dylan. All have good meat eating options.
                                      ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
                                        @ Kayroo . What did you think of Dubs yesterday?
                                        I get pilloried for this view regularly but O'Gara is a massive loss for Dublin. His brother is going to be a huge player for Dublin in time too. But right now O'Gara is a vital cog in that forward line and him missing is a problem for Dublin this year.

Overall I actually think if you look at what Dublin are doing it's quite positive. They've been building in a new transition system to allow the half-back line to continue to influence the game (look at how often Jack McCaffrey is the outlet ball for Dublin) while simultaneously protecting against the counter-attack. It's also clear to me that the games they've played in Croke Park in particular have had a clear game plan in mind for the summer.

The other consideration is where Dublin are in their arc for the season. After the league final Dublin won't play another Division 1 team competitively until the August Bank holiday weekend. Cork will play one in July, Mayo in August. However Monaghan, Tyrone and Donegal will all play one much sooner, in the case of Tyrone and Donegal it's their next competitive game (against one another in the Ulster preliminary round).

Mayo and Cork are in rebuilding phases (Cork in their 2nd year of one) and have different goals to Dublin in terms of their squad and game plans. Dublin have to peak 16 weeks from now. Cork need to have a big season this year so are taking things really seriously. Mayo are desperately trying to find a way to play the glut of midfielders they have as a means to cover up their lack of support for Cillian O'Connor.

I think you'll see, come August, a front 8 of MDMA, C O'Sullivan, Flynn, Brogan, Connolly, Brogan, Fenton, McMannamon. That's a much stronger front 8 than we've seen all year. Bastick has got a lot of time in the league to get him right for Championship this year but he won't be in the starting pair at midfield. I would also like to see Conor McHugh come in after the Under 21 championship is done but it might be one year too soon for him. While the front 6 haven't scored enough of them they are creating a LOT of goal chances against the blanket defences and as the Championship comes around I think you'll see them put away. Remember Dublin have the best For/Against difference in League 1 by MILES. They've had a couple of horribly low scoring games and are still 2nd highest scorers in the league, only 5 points behind Cork who are first.

So overall I think Dublin are building towards an August date with a blanket defence knowing that in Leinster they're going to get teams who open up to them without a fight. I would make Dublin and Kerry favourites for the All Ireland this year without hesitation (wow - a real outside bet, I know). I don't think Dublin have no good ideas, I think they are learning to adapt to blanket defences and learning to be patient. Overall I think they are learning that lesson quite well.
                                        You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                        World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                          Somewhere nice and reasonable before a show check out Citron in the Fitzwilliam hotel, the pigs ear or the Dylan. All have good meat eating options.
                                          I was in Peploe's for my first ever actual pre-theatre pre-theatre and it was the probably the best value meal I've had in a while.

Comment

???
                                            Sorry dude, was making a funny about Superquinn being closed two years.

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                            Pizza E Porchetta, Grand canal dock.
                                            If the owners of that restaurant don't pronounce it 'Pourketta' I wouldn't trust them to cook good Italian food. Do they?

Reminds me, does anyone else die a little inside when they hear some Spar deli patron say jalapeños with a heavy J?

Or pronounce ciabatta 'seeabatta'?
                                            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                              I was in Peploe's for my first ever actual pre-theatre pre-theatre and it was the probably the best value meal I've had in a while.
                                              RDIII is a fan too. They pissed me off once. Haven't been back.
                                              ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

RDIII is a fan too. They pissed me off once. Haven't been back.
                                                more Mrs DIII than me but I do appreciate their offering

seeing as you are in, recommend me somewhere for a weekend in Ireland (no kids) with good food, that I haven't been to before. ty
                                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                  lol England. Getting stuffed by a crap Windies side.

bodes well for Malahide in a few weeks
                                                  bbv'd WI nicely there, obviously England then put on 200 for the fourth wicket

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

If the owners of that restaurant don't pronounce it 'Pourketta' I wouldn't trust them to cook good Italian food. Do they?

Reminds me, does anyone else die a little inside when they hear some Spar deli patron say jalapeños with a heavy J?

how do you say 'Paella'? got the head battered off me by a Spanish lady once for my uncouth attempts

Comment

how do you say 'Paella'? got the head battered off me by a Spanish lady once for my uncouth attempts
                                                      I say Pie ella, only because, like many Spanish pronunciations pie yaya sounds ridiculous.

Comment

I say Pie ella, only because, like many Spanish pronunciations pie yoya sounds ridiculous.
                                                        Pie-eeeeeeeee-yaaaaaaaaaa

Comment

more Mrs DIII than me but I do appreciate their offering

seeing as you are in, recommend me somewhere for a weekend in Ireland (no kids) with good food, that I haven't been to before. ty
                                                          Jaysus that's a tricky one. Pretty much ruling out Leinster and Galway. Cork? You've done it before but the foodie scene down that way is pretty big plus it's an easy spin. Fuck shitty roads on a weekend away imo.

Comment

Yeah, the cheek of people mispronouncing that traditional Italian bread, invented in 1982
                                                            Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Jaysus that's a tricky one. Pretty much ruling out Leinster and Galway. Cork? You've done it before but the foodie scene down that way is pretty big plus it's an easy spin. Fuck shitty roads on a weekend away imo.
                                                              Cork is a big place

Cork city is a shithole, I know that much. Been to Youghal and Baltimore, which are both OK

Comment

Bruschetta is another one.

It's 'Brooshkett' you cunce.

Comment

Cork is a big place

Cork city is a shithole, I know that much. Been to Youghal and Baltimore, which are both OK
                                                                  GAB raved about Fishy Fishy in Kinsale. Haven't been myself as the place was booked out. Nice cottages on airbnb in the region.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                    Two teams already on the beach mentally.
                                                                    I'd imagine Liverpool are as focused as anyone at the moment. FA Cup SF to come and 4 points behind Man City in 4th. Would be crazy not to take every game as serious as they can.

Comment

Cork is a big place

Just back from Macroom in Cork. It seemed like a pretty nice spot with plenty of award winning pubs/restaurants (not sure whether to take this with a pinch of salt or not). Didn't get to sample too much high end because of the kids. Less than 40 mins to Killarney too if you want to break it up.

Comment

GAB raved about Fishy Fishy in Kinsale. Haven't been myself as the place was booked out. Nice cottages on airbnb in the region.
                                                                        yes, that would work actually

10 year anniversary so doubt a cottage is an option though

Marseilles, 20 degrees, room on the boat.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                          I would also like to see Conor McHugh come in after the Under 21 championship is done but it might be one year too soon for him.
                                                                          Can't wait to see him line out for the seniors , was going to throw a few quid on him for young player of the year but hard to see him getting enough game time. I expect to see another masterclass from him in Tullamore on sat.

Comment

About to fire up GOT on the tellybox, am excite.

Comment

Bruschetta is another one.

It's 'Brooshkett' you cunce.
                                                                              Italian at least sounds vaguely like it reads

Spanish is stupid. 'Vale' somehow comes out as Bali. dafuq

then they do all that lisping shit, although at least it has an interesting backstory

Comment

yes, that would work actually

10 year anniversary so doubt a cottage is an option though

Marseilles, 20 degrees, room on the boat.
                                                                                Check out the bluebook for a nice boutique hotel option in the region.

I checked flights to Nice and a train to Marseille last weekend. 250 ish which was pretty good but the shit Leinster are playing just stopped me pulling the trigger on joining you. I hope I regret it.

Comment

...
                                                                                  "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

I think you'll see, come August, a front 8 of MDMA, C O'Sullivan, Flynn, Brogan, Connolly, Brogan, Fenton, McMannamon. .
                                                                                    Cant see it to be honest. Fantastic player but I think he is an impact sub at best now. He was at the RDS at a baby fair yesterday which I thought was strange??

Also wouldn't be sure about Maxi starting.

Kilkenny centre forward for me, Rock in the corner.

Going to be an interesting year. Actually think Mayo could get over the line this year plus Donegal will be better than last year with McBrearty starting more often.

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
                                                                                      Can't wait to see him line out for the seniors , was going to throw a few quid on him for young player of the year but hard to see him getting enough game time. I expect to see another masterclass from him in Tullamore on sat.
                                                                                      He is an absolutely superb player. Nailed on future all star

Comment

Italian at least sounds vaguely like it reads

Spanish is stupid. 'Vale' somehow comes out as Bali. dafuq

then they do all that lisping shit, although at least it has an interesting backstory
                                                                                        Cliffs?

Or clifths if it sounds better

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                                          Actually think Mayo could get over the line this year plus Donegal will be better than last year with McBrearty starting more often.
                                                                                          Donegal I am unsure of. Mayo have a real balance problem in their team and they are always one injury to O'Connor away from disaster. They're also the dumbest team in Ireland which mitigates against them although James Horan leaving should alleviate that slightly.

Comment

Cork is a big place

Here comes the shill, doubt I'd get a meater there but it's fantastic

With its emphasis on rich, complex flavours and a focus on seasonal ingredients, Paradiso delivers an exciting and pleasurable dining experience while putting v

With its emphasis on rich, complex flavours and a focus on seasonal ingredients, Paradiso delivers an exciting and pleasurable dining experience while putting v

Comment

So sick of eating and drinking. Is it possible to go on hols and eat salads and just water. I'd say my liver is in bits here!!
                                                                                              Her sky-ness
                                                                                              © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                                                Cliffs?

Or clifths if it sounds better
                                                                                                I have no idea if I was just being taken the piss out of but I was told that a Casillian king had a very bad lisp, so rather than draw attention to it, the royal court and then the entire country started lithping in thympathy with their thoveweign wuler.

Comment

@RD. The Old Convent in Tipp is great for a night away meal. Food deserves a star.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                                      @RD. The Old Convent in Tipp is great for a night away meal. Food deserves a star.
                                                                                                      I refuse to stay in any county that has no coastline. Generally full of zombies and worse.

Comment

Tipp86 and MSN. Story checks out!

Comment

Fishy Fishy is far and away the best restaurant in Ireland, It sits head and shoulders above all those pretentious foodie places that are popping up everywhere
                                                                                                          Simple food, top quality ingredients, prepared well and affordable.
                                                                                                          far too few places like it.

,
                                                                                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by digiman View Post
                                                                                                            Anyone able to recommend a good health insurance plan?
                                                                                                            I don't know what constitutes a good health insurance plan for you but I just switched to a plan 43% of the price of my previous one, Laya's Flex 125 Explore. It looks like this:
                                                                                                            It’s now super easy to see which of our schemes is right for you. Just use these 3 simple steps to tailor your health cover

I accept no responsibility if it turns out to only cover sex change operations, the excess is €125k, and it entitles you to sleep in a stall in the bathroom of public hospitals.

Comment

I refuse to stay in any county that has no coastline. Generally full of zombies and worse.
                                                                                                              Chez Hans in Cashel is genuinely special. Also and I cannot stress this enough, Tipperary has some of the best restaurants in Ireland. Some real hidden gems including Daniel Day Lewis' favourite restaurant where the owner hand writes every menu in calligraphy each night.

Stay in Killaloe in Clare which is just over the border or Terryglass or Garykennedy for some good water sport/restaurant/quaint local pub scene combos.

Killaloe in Clare is beautiful too and Keith Wood just opened a massive park there with amenities for the kids too just by the lake.

Comment

@ RDIII, have you ever gone to Kelly's in Roslare? It's the nut family hotel according to my brother and his young kids (4 & 6) who are in love with the place.

Comment

My Dad keeps busting my balls about calling it Superquinn as I use to work there it will be always know as it to me.
                                                                                                                  "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

He is an absolutely superb player. Nailed on future all star
                                                                                                                    Looking forward to using " Dublin beat them with red headed children"!

My provincial picks are:

Dublin / Cork / Roscommon / Monaghan.

Comment

Is that why you're looking to leave Dublin?

On a small island country your other option is somewhere in the Midlands, I think you might need a new plan.

Comment

...
                                                                                                                        "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                                          In the same sense that the count to a million thread was interesting
                                                                                                                          X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                                          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X