What I think most people are like

United looking like the Europa League side they are.

I buy the appropriate calligraphy set of every font I like.
          It really irritates me that Sky and UPC both refer to their streamed TV services as 'Boxsets'. A TV series is only a boxset if you burn it onto DVDs or Blurays, and put it in a box.

I do like having some stuff in stored away. though I've always been a hoarder. One example I can think of is the first series of 'The Sopranos', which has a mostly different sound-track to later versions. 1984-ish, that stuff like that can be changed, and few notice.

Busy week for hoovers on ipb. Week started with jbravado smashing his against the wall, then riggs lost his hoover through old age, and the week ends with iago consciously uncoupling from his.
            To add to the list ours finally emigrated this week too.
            Impulse bought one yesterday while getting rid of some old electronics in Powercity, Dyson had a deal where you give an old hoover and you get up to €130 off the price of a new one, fair dues to the guy in the store who gave me the money off without having to bring the old one in. There's another one to add to your story, jbravado's story is classic jbravado!

As for Music live is where its at so is it not as well to have them performing live more often rather than have them counting the money and reducing the live schedule.
              Having just spent 3 years working in a very well regarded music venue, I can confirm that this widely held belief is absolute bollix

Lack of sales is killing bands in all kinds of ways from top to bottom and the industry is being runover by bland trust fund kidults

Having just spent 3 years working in a very well regarded music venue, I can confirm that this widely held belief is absolute bollix

Lack of sales is killing bands in all kinds of ways from top to bottom and the industry is being runover by bland trust fund kidults
                But the live must be thriving. Most pure music people arent really in it for the money anyway are they. Bit of a cheek if you hope to make a living off music rather that work a proper job.

lol City.

Smalling, smalling, smalliiing.
                    He is Smalling of MUFC.
                    He's big and he's black,
                    And he plays at the back,
                    He is smalling of MUFC.

Owning a physical copy of a book creates a lot of value for me.
                      I'm not sure what this means.

Dublin to Bangkok return currently £231 on secret flying fwiw.

To add to hoover related content, I bought a Dyson cordless one today.

But the live must be thriving. Most pure music people arent really in it for the money anyway are they. Bit of a cheek if you hope to make a living off music rather that work a proper job.

It's their job, they want to make money (except the trust funded)

Touring is seriously expensive (in relation to size of band/audience)

Musician recently told me of sitting at the table selling merch after a show, two lads come up and spend a good 5 mins talking and asking about new album, thank him for the night and said they will listen to it on spotify when they get home.

Looked like he was gonna puke while he told me the story

Not a bad afternoon. Ashley Young and Fellaini playing well. Didn't think I'd be saying that after watching them last season.

All these Hoovers aren't necessarily finished. ....What most of them need is to have new filters fitted or even cleaned out.

Bring the filter out to the back garden and give it a few bangs on the fence, or better still, bring it to the local petrol station and give it a blast of the compressed air. Good as new.

Also, you cannot download "Box -Sets " from Sky unless you have a HD subscription.
                                Last edited by Fiery Wasabi; 12-04-15, 18:25.

Hong Kong return for £218 too. Did you get on the Copenhagen £2 deal?

It's their job, they want to make money (except the trust funded)

Touring is seriously expensive (in relation to size of band/audience)

Musician recently told me of sitting at the table selling merch after a show, two lads come up and spend a good 5 mins talking and asking about new album, thank him for the night and said they will listen to it on spotify when they get home.

Looked like he was gonna puke while he told me the story
                                    Yeah ok i feel for that and i want to see these guys triumph over the trust fund assholes. I do feel famedon happens upon you and it isnt a thing one should be banking for though. The likes od Dolorus O Reardon is a case in point. She was just a pureist musician and watching the docu in my eyes woudlnt have given a fiddlers if it wasnt going to happen. They way i see it people should be happy being in music without the expectation of anything further happening. I feel the exact same way about stand up comics.

How does RVP expect to get back in the team? Could it be the end for him?

Hong Kong return for £218 too. Did you get on the Copenhagen £2 deal?
                                        Am in London so no for Copenhagen. Can't wait to actually have money again to take advantage of some of these deals, some of them are just too good to be true.

Great season to be a Leinster fan

Michael Carrick will get in tonight and empty his pockets on the kitchen table.

Mobile phone, keys, wallet, Yaya Toure.

Michael Carrick will get in tonight and empty his pockets on the kitchen table.

Mobile phone, keys, wallet, Yaya Toure.
                                              Been a good while since that meant something.

He's at home now worrying about Fabregas and Matic.

Been a good while since that meant something.

He's at home now worrying about Fabregas and Matic.
                                                United will beat Chelsea aswell

That's a splendid price. September not a great time for Thailand though unless you like rain from what I can tell. Hoping to go a few weeks later in mid November.

But it is with Malaysia Airlines so you also get a great sweat for your money.

Imagine living in a world where United play Young and Fellaini and leave Falcao and Di Maria on the bench and still beat city

Yeah ok i feel for that and i want to see these guys triumph over the trust fund assholes. I do feel famedon happens upon you and it isnt a thing one should be banking for though. The likes od Dolorus O Reardon is a case in point. She was just a pureist musician and watching the docu in my eyes woudlnt have given a fiddlers if it wasnt going to happen. They way i see it people should be happy being in music without the expectation of anything further happening. I feel the exact same way about stand up comics.
                                                      Fat Mike said it best:

Song 1 of the album The Greatest Songs Ever Written By Us by NOFX.NOFX - Dinosaurs Will DieComposed by Fat Mike.

They are a big price so. Lump on.

I don't do drugs.
                                                          You came into my home, ignored all seats, crawled under my dining table and promptly fell asleep.
                                                          it was wonderful

Nice to see I'm not the only one who talks absolute bollocks about football.

I'm not sure what this means.
                                                                Hrm, not sure if you are being deliberately obtuse here, but it seems a simple enough concept that everything has relative value and can have both positive and negative effects. In the case of possessions, the positives are diminishing while the negatives are cumulative. So too much = bad, not enough = also bad.

Have you completely abandoned utilitarianism as part of your experiments in eastern mysticism? It's all far too black and white for me, I'm afraid. I'm a big believer in grey.

I'm not on about fame or record deals or any of that, just selling enough to pay for the rest

A lot of the most "successful" bands are basically unknown to the general public (including ones fat mike would adore) and make/made their living selling cd's after gigs or small amounts of sales on independent labels.

Without that income, a lot of bands are fucked

But as one guitarist (only slightly pretentiously) recently said to me:
                                                                  "art will find a way, it always does"

As an aside, Fat Mike has always seemed like one of the good guys, shame his music is fairly shite

Better out than in

GoT S05E01:

Interesting opener. Has taken another decent divergence from the book which gives me some hope and some fear. There was more clumsy writing - I was genuinely disappointed that Tyrion didn't finish Varys' sentence for him when said "Not him". Tyrion's supposed to be super clever, D+D. It should have been obvious.

Book stuff
                                                                      I liked Mance burning earlier than anticipated. I'm not sure how they are going to handle this, but it completely changes the dynamic of everything at the wall. John just challenged Stannis' authority in a big way, and he has nothing to shield him from retribution for that. It's a huge change and I'm kind of excited to see how they handle it.

Part of an overall project of throwing out the majority of things I own.
                                                                        May i ask why ?

Is it you simply dont need these things, anything more than 10 tshirts is too many or are you trying to live a life without material possessions ?

You'd wonder why Stuart Pearce hasn't been overly succesful as a manager...

So it turns out maybe Pearce is some form of genius obv

Have an opportunity to spend a few nights in dubai in the summer on way back from China. Worth it or is it just one big soulless shopping mall?

So nobody has any justification for freeloading other than they are entitled to? You are no better than a traveller single mother with 4 kids by 4 different father's freeloading off the state while also getting a slice of her current partners crime proceeds if you stream Game of thrones for free.

If Charley blows this and ends up outside top 6, I'm coming after Kev with an axe.

So nobody has any justification for freeloading other than they are entitled to? You are no better than a traveller single mother with 4 kids by 4 different father's freeloading off the state while also getting a slice of her current partners crime proceeds if you stream Game of thrones for free.
                                                                                  What if you stream it for free but pay for Sky?

What if I have the channel that it's shown on over here but decide to watch it at a time and in a manner that suits me?

I gave the guy the benefit of the doubt, but now its clear. Dude is clearly an idiot.

If Charley blows this and ends up outside top 6, I'm coming after Kev with an axe.
                                                                                        Lolz.

Apparently if you approach the committee at Agusta with proof of your impending death from cancer for example they will bump you to the top of the waiting list to play the masters course.. Hmmmm methinks this guy might be put on insta hold. -> oh lordie I'm going to die and will soon be in the sweet arms of Jesus Hallelluia , can I play the course before I die boss, my mamma be so proud oh lordie.

So it turns out maybe Pearce is some form of genius obv
                                                                                            thought the same thing actually after the match, there's not many universes where Young figures ahead of Di Maria but it seems we are in one of them

Really enjoyed the game today, thought Mata's goal was superb. I can also see United beating Chelsea, fortunately I think Chelsea have done just enough in not dropping points throughout the season. It's a cliche, but all those results they grinded out (today being one example) will prob be enough to clinch them the league. They haven't been as good as expected but have been the best in a bad league this year.

Hopefully next year gets better, City's future is very interesting. They've had a core of world class players (Hart, Kolarov, Kompany, Zabaleta, Milner, Toure, Silva, Aguero etc) playing together for 5+ years now which is an eternity in this day and age. To only have two league titles to show for that is a poor return and it looks like it could be the end of the road for this group of players. It'll be interesting to see where they go from here as it's tough to see how they can improve on the current squad and I don't know if the owners will have the patience to start again and rebuild another squad.

Right. I have gin, I have control of da telly. I will make my annual attempt to like golf. Drool to follow.

Speith starting wanking early in the round!

Golf must be more broadminded than I thought.

Fair enough Elshambles not that it matters i actually meant Dolores Keane not O'Reardon. Ive only gone to one concert in my life if you would call Gerry Fish and the mug bug club on new years eve in the ambassador if you can call that a concert. I cant call him a party guitar bastard though as i knew what i was getting myself in for so that was only to be expected. Hated it so decided never to go to another one again.

So this Speith kid has basically had this won since the get-go? Nightmare for sponsors, commentators etc.

Right. I have gin, I have control of da telly. I will make my annual attempt to like golf. Drool to follow.

Had the slightly odd experience of having someone rob my gym bag but with them having the good conscience to empty it of most of the valuable items first.

Nice duty manager "We probably have the person on CCTV but won't check unless the guards request it".
                                                                                                            Can imagine the Major Crimes Unit getting right on top of the issue of my missing bag alright.
                                                                                                            Last edited by Denny Crane; 12-04-15, 19:21.

Very few outrageous outfits on display. Most disappointing.

Charlie pre tournament before he got his hair cut

Charlie mid 4th rd

You're not consuming resources though, is it really any different to watch it now or wait until the channels over here show it?

Spent a couple of hours yesterday putting hundreds of my books into plastic containers to be shipped off to the recycling place (actually the books go in an Oxfam container there). Really enjoyed throwing classics into the containers with contempt.

Part of an overall project of throwing out the majority of things I own.
                                                                                                                    Are you becoming IPB's own version of Leonard Cohen?

So this Speith kid has basically had this won since the get-go? Nightmare for sponsors, commentators etc.
                                                                                                                      You need to start punting on it. The wealth of available markets means the above doesn't really matter.

Although, having said that, there's nothing better than a Major Sunday back 9 with four or five in the hunt.

You need to start punting on it. The wealth of available markets means the above doesn't really matter.
                                                                                                                        I backed some tool called Billy Horschel.

Nike past and present playing together. How adorable.