X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
      Will do! Suspect it's kinda what I was saying though, unless 'seeing sense and getting out' means they become atheist, rather than seeing sense meaning they move to another moronic set of religious beliefs.
      I don't remember a mention of another religion really throughout. They don't really talk about it as a religion but more of a movement/cult or whatever
      airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
        I don't remember a mention of another religion really throughout. They don't really talk about it as a religion but more of a movement/cult or whatever
        Whats the diiff m8.
        Whats 4T?
        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
          Whats the diiff m8.
          Whats 4T?
          Good point. Just meant they aren't on about leaving for other gods or whatever
          Had some pasta earlier. In work armed with a couple of sambos that will hit the toasted sambo maker later. I'm hoping to serve them beside a can of coke and maybe a pack of crisps if I feel I deserve it.
          airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
            Can you post result when it's over please. Ty.
            Dubs by 4 pts

Comment

HONDA. R U WORKIN?

Comment

They learn so young (or do they?) The wee 1 year old overlord of the house has broken through the perimeter that blocks off his play area from the TV. (we secured the TV in the event of such a perimeter breach). Anyhow, I intercepted the assault on the TV just as he was trying to swipe the 42 inch screen like it was a smart phone. Hilarious

(I am turning into a Satnav)

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                  HONDA. R U WORKIN?
                  Well I'm at work
                  airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
                    Dubs by 4 pts
                    no doubt the Dubs were filthy and the ref was blind. Eh Sp eh ????

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                      Good point. Just meant they aren't on about leaving for other gods or whatever
                      Had some pasta earlier. In work armed with a couple of sambos that will hit the toasted sambo maker later. I'm hoping to serve them beside a can of coke and maybe a pack of crisps if I feel I deserve it.
                      you're worth it,deserve two

Comment

Updated my HTC One to lollipop 5.0, seems a bit sluggish. Not really seeing any cool benefits so far, not crazy about the changes to chrome. Maybe my mind will change.

Any cool features I haven't discovered yet?

edit:Actually, scratch that, the new 'opened apps' tab feature is really cool.
                        Last edited by Lazare; 02-04-15, 20:54.
                        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Are fast and furious films shite? I've agreed to go to number 7 lol, Ive never seen any. But there are fucking 7 of them?

Mighty good marketing.

Comment

one of my fav Robin Williams Jokes seen as it's easter n all (yeah i know all jokes are stolen)

Is it me jesus -from 59 seconds on.

A little on skit about the Last Supper and chocolate Easter bunnies / eggs.

Comment

'Murica

Police abuse of Uber driver in New York City. In an unmarked car, the policeman was allegedly attempting to park without using his blinker at a green light. ...

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                Conor McHugh took the utter piss at the end from what I heard (couldn't get down alas, heard it was a cracking game)

Dubs get a penalty at the death, have the game won and he meanders up and just taps the peno over for a point while the Kildare keeper is shaping up for the defiant heroics.

That U21 team is oozing with class. Killian O'Gara was a massive loss though. He is a phenomenal footballer
                                You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                  Considering the conditions was quite a clean game . Ref wasn't great but probably gave as many bad decisions to both teams .

Kildare number 13 Neil Flynn is as accurate a place ball kicker as I've seen at that age level in a long time. .

Dublin were just to strong up front , Surely only a matter of time before Conor Mchugh gets a run with the senior team , he just does things other players don't even think of.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                    Updated my HTC One to lollipop 5.0, seems a bit sluggish. Not really seeing any cool benefits so far, not crazy about the changes to chrome. Maybe my mind will change.

Any cool features I haven't discovered yet?

edit:Actually, scratch that, the new 'opened apps' tab feature is really cool.
                                    Download flavours and lick the screen for the real lollipop experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                      Are fast and furious films shite? I've agreed to go to number 7 lol, Ive never seen any. But there are fucking 7 of them?
                                      I will let you know around 5pm tomorrow...
                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
                                        Kildare number 13 Neil Flynn is as accurate a place ball kicker as I've seen at that age level in a long time. .
                                        Kildare county board need to secure him a job in a bank or something quick smart. If what I hear is true he's a model to emigrate and he could be the best player they've had in a generation.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                          Kildare county board need to secure him a job in a bank or something quick smart. If what I hear is true he's a model to emigrate and he could be the best player they've had in a generation.
                                          That'd be no problem to that shower, their best players and mentors have always come from other counties anyway.

Comment

Conor McHugh took the utter piss at the end from what I heard (couldn't get down alas, heard it was a cracking game)

Dubs get a penalty at the death, have the game won and he meanders up and just taps the peno over for a point while the Kildare keeper is shaping up for the defiant heroics.

That U21 team is oozing with class. Killian O'Gara was a massive loss though. He is a phenomenal footballer
                                            They were only 2 pts up when we got the penalty , fairly clear he was given instructions to put a goal between the sides.

Comment

Ye they're class m8. They've got a gritty realism to them that very few movies pull off.

Comment

lol

Macedonia (u15's) score what they think is the winner in injury time, only for Gibraltar to kick off and score into the open net while Macedonia are still celebrating!

Kicks off at 1:31:15 or so

video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload
                                                Last edited by Iago; 02-04-15, 21:30.
                                                Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
                                                  lol

Macedonia (u15's) score what they think is the winner in injury time, only for Gibraltar to kick off and score into the open net while Macedonia are still celebrating!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrUDP3HrYxU&sns=em
                                                  Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

^ link to incident. Ref a disgrace.

Comment

The McGurk effect. very interesting. Depending on which side you look at you hear either far or bar.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Also somewhat fascinating and good news for guitar wanker haters. Musicians are doomed.

An Australian academic has studied the deaths of 12,665 musicians to see how they died, and when they died – and she’s found some surprising facts

Comment

nostralgia,aint what it used to be
                                                      [IMG]S5000466 by colliexmas, on Flickr[/IMG]
                                                      Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

b
                                                        e

thanksful it's not a double bill of 6 and 7 tara

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_dIfNEVwoI

Why? They didn't infringe any of the rules of the game. From page 30 of the Official FIFA Rules:

Kick-off
                                                          • after a team scores a goal, the kick-off is taken by the other team.
                                                          • all players must be in their own half of the field of play
                                                          • the opponents of the team taking the kick-off are at least 9.15 m (10 yds)
                                                          from the ball until it is in play
                                                          • the ball must be stationary on the centre mark
                                                          • the referee gives a signal
                                                          • the ball is in play when it is kicked and moves forward
                                                          • the kicker must not touch the ball again until it has touched another player

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                          nostralgia,aint what it used to be
                                                          [IMG]S5000466 by colliexmas, on Flickr[/IMG]
                                                          Jesus I remember that. That was a class weekend too

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
                                                            lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrUDP3HrYxU&sns=em
                                                            Gibraltar miss their last penalty and then celebrate like they won while Macedonia walk off the pitch looking dejected.... This video really confuses me
                                                            Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                              Gibraltar miss their last penalty and then celebrate like they won while Macedonia walk off the pitch looking dejected.... This video really confuses me
                                                              According to the link I read, Gibraltar won the tournament on goal difference, I don't know what the purpose of the penalties was.
                                                              Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

What did you have 4T?

Comment

Work have decided to give me health insurance, I've never had health insurance before. How does this sucker work? I finally have to work out how BIK works apparently. It's like...you pay tax on the premium but then get tax relief? How does that work/make sense?

"Employee Assistance Program and a Wellness Program" are included, what is that, mental health help?

Somebody from Aviva is meeting me next week to go over it in detail and I can customise the plan and pay the difference if I want, or simply get cash paid towards whatever plan I want instead. Apparently works deal is better but will see. What do you want in health insurance, what separates them, excess?
                                                                  Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 02-04-15, 22:33.

Comment

What did you have 4T?
                                                                    A few pints of lager and a packet of crisps. Yourself?
                                                                    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_dIfNEVwoI

That was like a sensible soccer goal

It's the second one of those I've seen this week.

During a match between K-Stars and Ferroviario, an excessive team celebration leads to a memorable equaliser.

Comment

Why? They didn't infringe any of the rules of the game. From page 30 of the Official FIFA Rules:

Kick-off
                                                                        • after a team scores a goal, the kick-off is taken by the other team.
                                                                        • all players must be in their own half of the field of play
                                                                        • the opponents of the team taking the kick-off are at least 9.15 m (10 yds)
                                                                        from the ball until it is in play
                                                                        • the ball must be stationary on the centre mark
                                                                        • the referee gives a signal
                                                                        • the ball is in play when it is kicked and moves forward
                                                                        • the kicker must not touch the ball again until it has touched another player
                                                                        I know it's not infringing any rules of the game, but before a game kicks off, is the referee required to make sure both of the goalkeepers are ready? It wouldn't be much of a stretch to make sure the same happened at a kick-off following a goal.

Rogério Ceni has scored 126 goals as a goalkeeper and i'm not aware of any occasion where he hasn't made it back to goal before the kick off takes place. It would seem pretty poor gamesmanship if the opposition got the ball and took a kick off while he was trotting back to position.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                          I know it's not infringing any rules of the game, but before a game kicks off, is the referee required to make sure both of the goalkeepers are ready? It wouldn't be much of a stretch to make sure the same happened at a kick-off following a goal.

Rogério Ceni has scored 126 goals as a goalkeeper and i'm not aware of any occasion where he hasn't made it back to goal before the kick off takes place. It would seem pretty poor gamesmanship if the opposition got the ball and took a kick off while he was trotting back to position.
                                                                          I know they almost always check but they don't have to it seems.

And to prevent old Rogerio getting caught out all his striker would need to do is step into the oppo half until he was back in his goal.

Comment

Looks to be 1 Gibraltar player in the Macedonian half when the kick off is taken.
                                                                            And even if everything is technically with the rules it does set quite a precedent. Brought to its logical conclusion it means you can't fully celebrate a goal which nullifies something that has been part of the game for 150 years. Its morally dubious for the ref to give the goal imo.

I'd say its one of those underage competitions where its 3 points for a regulation win, 2 points for a win on penalties and 1 point for a defeat on penalties. And Gibraltar maybe only needed the one point to win the roundrobin hence didn't give a fcuk about the shootout.

Comment

Leeds United They're just taking the piss out if us fans by now. Most frustrating team to support although there is soap opera value to the ridiculous shit that goes on. Makes Mike Ashley look like a sound logical bloke.

Comment

@ oleras/dobby

If you're strung out for the next episode of Vikings, i just stumbled upon 'Athelstan's Journal'

It's pretty much a recap of the whole Vikings told through Athelstan. Contains spoilers if you haven't watched last week's episode (Born Again) but worth a watch to pass 45 minutes.

Comment

It's all about the bass, bout the bass, no treble.

It's all about the bass, bout the bass, huuuhuhh, it's all about the bass.

Comment

UFC light heavyweight Daniel Cormier parodys Meghan Trainor's 'All About That Bass' for the 7th annual Fighters Only World MMA Awards. (written by Adam Hunte...

Comment

Knock knock
                                                                                      who's there?

SPOILER
                                                                                      the pilot

Robbed from a certain Thursday email, I've seen others posting from same at time

Comment

A few pints of lager and a packet of crisps. Yourself?
                                                                                        Boojum. Top drawer
                                                                                        Work have decided to give me health insurance, I've never had health insurance before. How does this sucker work? I finally have to work out how BIK works apparently. It's like...you pay tax on the premium but then get tax relief? How does that work/make sense?

"Employee Assistance Program and a Wellness Program" are included, what is that, mental health help?

Somebody from Aviva is meeting me next week to go over it in detail and I can customise the plan and pay the difference if I want, or simply get cash paid towards whatever plan I want instead. Apparently works deal is better but will see. What do you want in health insurance, what separates them, excess?
                                                                                        Could.be a clumsy way of telling you you're dying m8.

Comment

Its a while since I havent paid for my own but the BIK used to work out roughly half the cost of the plan. Usually emloyers pick expensive plans for better coverage. It used to cost me 50pm for a kickass plan in the past... these days it costs me more than that for a plan that's probably little better than a placeholder so I have continuous cover!
                                                                                          May you live in interesting times!

Comment

I'm never sure of your gender - however if you're a woman health insurance is just fundamentally good value. The structure and community rating ensure that your premiums are subsidised by the male membership. Situation for men is less clear cut and with community rating structure younger members across the board subsidise older members.

In either case if you happen to be over 35 and ever intend to purchase health insurance, it probably makes sense to do it before the rules change, which will allow them to charge new entrants over 35 extra, from early May.

It's an odd product in Ireland. In most countries health insurance is sold as cover against very expensive things that rarely happen, but by in large these are covered under the public system here. Think of things like major heart surgery as an example. However a lot of the value for an Irish purchaser is in mid tier treatments where significant waiting lists exist in the public arena - think of simple things like having wisdom teeth removed where the time difference can be up to 6 months. For me the main point is that getting these mid tier issues promptly dealt with is a very significant benefit at the point when you require it. Other big benefit I have used is access to private hospital A&E - significantly less hassle than the public equivalent.

Unless you are very organised about holding on to health related receipts then low excesses don't help you. (This is the amount you pay yourself of general medical expenditure in a given year) Since you would primarily collect any claims you might have based on doctors receipts etc. In my experience most people get no value from these types of benefit they're just not organised enough with the paperwork.

A similar point applies to general excess levels. For nearly all types of insurance this is the most expensive part of the cover to purchase so accepting a higher excess tends to be good value to the extent that you feel you are unlikely to make a claim.

Agree that the tax credit thing is a bit of a shambles.....

Finally no idea about your personal circumstances so above could be totally wrong / entirely in appropriate for any number of reasons

Comment

Referenced this on the BBV the other day and the golf thread previously. A pal of mine Alan Crookes runs a competition for each of the majors, pick a team of 3 golfers with combined odds no greater than 200-1. Team with the lowest total wins. Its 10quid a team and gets lots of entries. Last years masters had a prizepool of over 3k with 1.7k up top. He also has a live leaderboard of teams throughout the tournament. To get on the mailing list fill out the form below...

Comment

Aintree tipping competition getting near

We will easily break the 1k mark for this - 850 in the pot already and more entries en route. A mere two banking days remain however....

Prove yourself a better man than GAB. Emulate The Sitch. What more could you want?
                                                                                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Are butchers generally closed today?

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                    Are butchers generally closed today?
                                                                                                    Nope. Open. In typical Irish fashion. We do things backwards. Butchers open, pubs closed.

Comment

There's a lot of treble in that song, lies it's all lies.

Lies. Ignorance. Deceit. Trickery. With this video I declare SHENANIGANS!!!!Please subscribe for MORE: http://youtube.com/herecomesbrooklynFollow me on Insta...
                                                                                                      "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Really enjoying curb your enthusiasm as mentioned the other day. Now understand the pretty pretty pretty good line lazare dropped, hilarious scene. One thing though, there are a lot of similarities been this show and One Foot in the Grave in particular between Larry David and Victor meldrew. That not a bad thing in fairness...
                                                                                                        No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                                                          There's a lot of treble in that song, lies it's all lies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Of9dCIxez2g
                                                                                                          That ain't the song dude.

This is,

Download & Stream This Song Here: http://pmjlive.com/essentials2Experience PMJ Live: https://pmjtour.comShop PMJ Music/Merch: http://www.shoppmj.comFollow U...

Comment

Originally posted by Western_Sean View Post
                                                                                                            I'm never sure of your gender - however if you're a woman health insurance is just fundamentally good value. The structure and community rating ensure that your premiums are subsidised by the male membership. Situation for men is less clear cut and with community rating structure younger members across the board subsidise older members.

In either case if you happen to be over 35 and ever intend to purchase health insurance, it probably makes sense to do it before the rules change, which will allow them to charge new entrants over 35 extra, from early May.

It's an odd product in Ireland. In most countries health insurance is sold as cover against very expensive things that rarely happen, but by in large these are covered under the public system here. Think of things like major heart surgery as an example. However a lot of the value for an Irish purchaser is in mid tier treatments where significant waiting lists exist in the public arena - think of simple things like having wisdom teeth removed where the time difference can be up to 6 months. For me the main point is that getting these mid tier issues promptly dealt with is a very significant benefit at the point when you require it. Other big benefit I have used is access to private hospital A&E - significantly less hassle than the public equivalent.

Unless you are very organised about holding on to health related receipts then low excesses don't help you. (This is the amount you pay yourself of general medical expenditure in a given year) Since you would primarily collect any claims you might have based on doctors receipts etc. In my experience most people get no value from these types of benefit they're just not organised enough with the paperwork.

A similar point applies to general excess levels. For nearly all types of insurance this is the most expensive part of the cover to purchase so accepting a higher excess tends to be good value to the extent that you feel you are unlikely to make a claim.

Agree that the tax credit thing is a bit of a shambles.....

Finally no idea about your personal circumstances so above could be totally wrong / entirely in appropriate for any number of reasons
                                                                                                            Originally posted by bp_me View Post
                                                                                                            Its a while since I havent paid for my own but the BIK used to work out roughly half the cost of the plan. Usually emloyers pick expensive plans for better coverage. It used to cost me 50pm for a kickass plan in the past... these days it costs me more than that for a plan that's probably little better than a placeholder so I have continuous cover!
                                                                                                            Great stuff, thanks guys. I'm in my twenties and don't ever get sick (yet!) but I'd like to have it since they are paying half of it. I'm also losing my medical card next month. So does it work like this, the premium is added to my wage, it is taxed, it is then removed from my wage, and I get some sort of credit refund, how much is that?!

So I don't really care about low excess unless it is already offered as that seems an inefficient use of money.
                                                                                                            Boojum. Top drawer

Could.be a clumsy way of telling you you're dying m8.
                                                                                                            I probably shouldnt have let it be noted to my ex that if I die she gets 250 grand, I think I'll change it to you, I can trust you m8t?

Comment

4 day weekends are the best

Comment

GFYT.A

I'm in work and really want to be back in bed.
                                                                                                                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

And here I am waiting on an peanut butter easter egg to be delivered and eaten, in my loungerais. don't hat the playa hate the game yo

Comment

Great stuff, thanks guys. I'm in my twenties and don't ever get sick (yet!) but I'd like to have it since they are paying half of it. I'm also losing my medical card next month. So does it work like this, the premium is added to my wage, it is taxed, it is then removed from my wage, and I get some sort of credit refund, how much is that?!

So I don't really care about low excess unless it is already offered as that seems an inefficient use of money.

I probably shouldnt have let it be noted to my ex that if I die she gets 250 grand, I think I'll change it to you, I can trust you m8t?
                                                                                                                    According to http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en...mployment.html it's treated exactly like extra gross income. So if it's a 1k pa policy it's like getting a 1k pa pay rise from a tax perspective.
                                                                                                                    May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Feels like a 4 day weekend for me too, as I finished work at 11.

Beer o'clock now mmmmm.

Comment

Ok thanks, was just confused by the tax credit thing as well.

I really want a setup like this guy (this is what happens if you are a s/w dev in Murica).
                                                                                                                        Lovely, overlooks central park too.

Comment

So about a year ago me and my team decided to start sweeping a glaring problem under the rug because the pricks upstairs weren't bothered to fix it.

Yesterday, the pricks upstairs discovered that we've been sweeping a glaring problem under the rug for nearly a year. They are horrified that we did this and are now desperately scrambling to fix the problem.

I love it when a plan comes together.

Last edited by AndyFatBastard; 03-04-15, 11:01.
                                                                                                                          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X