This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
    I like the fact that kayroo got an infraction for the most innocuous of posts.

lol boards mods, etc.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showp...6&postcount=40
    I forgot about that! Jesus that was some anal shit
    You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
    World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
      I forgot about that! Jesus that was some anal shit
      Phrasing...

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
        Phrasing...

Comment

Saw this gem on my FB feed, the worst article I've read yet about the germanwings crash.
          White people can't be terrorists. We've been told this for years. Not directly, perhaps, but when a white person bombs a church or massacres a school or flies a plane carrying 150 people into a mountainside, killing everyone on board, it's hard to…

Cliffs everyone's trying really Hard not to call the germanwings pilot a terrorist because he's white. Written by a guy called zak
          Last edited by Guest; 01-04-15, 21:17.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
            Yes its gotten a lot better as the season moved forward. The only thing I'd be worried about is that there are probably only 1-2 seasons at best. The pace of the show lives up to its name. I'm worried that they'll exhaust the best storylines quite fast. They don't hang around with any reveals!

SPOILER
            Time travel will either knock this out of the park or ruin the show when/if timelines change. It also may extend the show's life. Mark Hamill was amazing as the Trickster. I am your father
            I watched about 4 episodes but don't really see it progressing past villain of the week type stuff for awhile and I don't wanna invest any time in a so so tv show.
            "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
              I watched about 4 episodes but don't really see it progressing past villain of the week type stuff for awhile and I don't wanna invest any time in a so so tv show.
              I get your frustration. However its very difficult to for any superhero, comic book, sci-fi or horror show to get by on one single contiguous storyline alone. They all have a villain of the week for the majority of the time. This pissed me off with Supernatural as the seasons were too long when I started watching it. However once you accept that you move on and enjoy the ride. Also Flash overlaps with Arrow as part of the same universe, its kicking Arrow's arse imo. Give it another run, it gets a hell of a lot better.

Comment

I get your frustration. However its very difficult to for any superhero, comic book, sci-fi or horror show to get by on one single contiguous storyline alone. They all have a villain of the week for the majority of the time. This pissed me off with Supernatural as the seasons were too long when I started watching it. However once you accept that you move on and enjoy the ride. Also Flash overlaps with Arrow as part of the same universe, its kicking Arrow's arse imo. Give it another run, it gets a hell of a lot better.
                Agreed, since the show came back after its break its been excellent, last nights episode was really good

Comment

Every time somebody says they like something I keep adding "I enjoy that" in my head, damn you CHD

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                    Saw this gem on my FB feed, the worst article I've read yet about the germanwings crash.
                    White people can't be terrorists. We've been told this for years. Not directly, perhaps, but when a white person bombs a church or massacres a school or flies a plane carrying 150 people into a mountainside, killing everyone on board, it's hard to…

Cliffs everyone's trying really Hard not to call the germanwings pilot a terrorist because he's white. Written by a guy called zak
                    God I hate this kind of bullshit. It's particularly espoused by liberal people who also want it to be ok to be religious. The very idea that someone's religion could be the primary reason why they are such horrible cunts is completely unfathomable to them, so they have to cry about Islamophobia like as if it's just a coincidence that the average modern terrorist is nearly always acting in the name of one particular faith.

tl:dr; Cunce.
                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

How come the Walking Dead Zombies move a lot faster than the Zoms in the later series.
                      I've gone to the start again as I didn't see the 1st two series and I thought 'these feckers are very spritely indeed.

Comment

Did all my Thursday evening Dunnes Stores shopping a day early so I can righteously get behind tomorrows strike.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                          Did all my Thursday evening Dunnes Stores shopping a day early so I can righteously get behind tomorrows strike.
                          What a perfect day to pull a strike when you think about it. The loss of off sales tomorrow will be huge to them.
                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Also how can they replace Harrison Wells and just move on, he's the show, not Barry Allen

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                              How come the Walking Dead Zombies move a lot faster than the Zoms in the later series.
                              I've gone to the start again as I didn't see the 1st two series and I thought 'these feckers are very spritely indeed.
                              They slowz down as the decompoze

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                They slowz down as the decompoze
                                I thought that but then their teeth are stronger than a Lions. I'm begining to doubt the credibility of zombies.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                  What a perfect day to pull a strike when you think about it. The loss of off sales tomorrow will be huge to them.

What's this strike all about? isn't Mandela out of prision yet ?

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                    What's this strike all about? isn't Mandela out of prision yet ?
                                    Its the lack of guaranteed minimum working hours.
                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Had a lot of BBV to catch up on.

Re Mc Gregor Aldo, the more I watch the embedded the more I love Aldo, he such a cool cunt.

Its still all about Mc Gregor doh, love him or hate him he is entertaining as fuck.

It's a pity the drool that attended the Q&A but meh gotta laugh.
                                      Highlight of the Q and A was with the other Irish talent, cool to hear their view on things. Had a bit of banter with some of them after too and they are all confirmed sound.

Really looking forward to seeing more of Joe Duffy.

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                        Had a lot of BBV to catch up on.

Re Mc Gregor Aldo, the more I watch the embedded the more I love Aldo, he such a cool cunt.

Its still all about Mc Gregor doh, love him or hate him he is entertaining as fuck.

It's a pity the drool that attended the Q&A but meh gotta laugh.
                                        Highlight of the Q and A was with the other Irish talent, cool to hear their view on things. Had a bit of banter with some of them after too and they are all confirmed sound.

Really looking forward to seeing more of Joe Duffy.
                                        m8

Rare someone gets it. You do.

m8

Comment

I've defo started off with a ton of shows like that, with the amount of stuff that is available to watch don't know if I want to give up time to some of them just for the sake of it. Trying a more quality over quantity approach.
                                          "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                            m8

Rare someone gets it. You do.

m8
                                            Thanks m8.

Cool how it was free.

Comment

HYPE HYPE HYPE

On Episode 10 of UFC 189 World Championship Tour Embedded, it's a triumphant homecoming for top featherweight contender Conor McGregor as the trip makes its ...

Comment

Welcome to Éire

Choo Choo

Comment

Aldo m8
                                                  X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                  Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                                    Aldo m8
                                                    He is a cool dude.

Comment

He'll be made up with that

Comment

I enjoy that

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                          God I hate this kind of bullshit. It's particularly espoused by liberal people who also want it to be ok to be religious. The very idea that someone's religion could be the primary reason why they are such horrible cunts is completely unfathomable to them, so they have to cry about Islamophobia like as if it's just a coincidence that the average modern terrorist is nearly always acting in the name of one particular faith.

tl:dr; Cunce.
                                                          Incorrect. Look up the statistics for recent suicide bombings, the Tamil tigers were responsible for a greater proportion of bombings than any other group, and they are Christain/Hindu. The root causes of almost all terrorism are economic.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                            Incorrect. Look up the statistics for recent suicide bombings, the Tamil tigers were responsible for a greater proportion of bombings than any other group, and they are Christain/Hindu. The root causes of almost all terrorism are economic.
                                                            Provide proof instead of telling people to look it up m8.

Good lad.

Comment

How many people do I have to kill to change all these beliefs? And do I have to do it in one go or can I space it out?
                                                              Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                                How many people do I have to kill to change all these beliefs? And do I have to do it in one go or can I space it out?
                                                                That is terrorist talk m8

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                                  isis get all the press admirably but they don't blow themselves up as they have machine guns. bin laden was super minted but apart from the obvious did not go with suicide bombers.

I would not say that the number of suicide bombers is the sole or a particularly accurate metric to measure terrorism. Many more people are terrified of Isis than the Tigers. Isis and Al Qaeda are purely religion based.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                                    Isis and Al Qaeda are purely religion based.
                                                                    They cloak themselves in the guise of religion but HJ is right. Economics plays a much greater role in driving someone to join Isis than religion does

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                      Aldo is cool.

Enjoying McGregor playing the game, just hoping he continues to back it up, because if the bubble bursts early it will become very damp and flat quickly.

Comment

They cloak themselves in the guise of religion but HJ is right. Economics plays a much greater role in driving someone to join Isis than religion does
                                                                        One deeper than Economics again imo. Power & Control.

Economic wealth is a product of Power & Control.

Religion is a 'tool' for acquiring them.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                          One deeper than Economics again imo. Power & Control.

Religion is a 'tool' for acquiring them.
                                                                          Paging Hitch...
                                                                          No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by Kim Huybrechts View Post
                                                                            Also how can they replace Harrison Wells and just move on, he's the show, not Barry Allen
                                                                            SPOILER
                                                                            This is another major problem. Especially after last nights episode. You soon realize Wells is already dead and not just an assumed identity. Possible time travel hijinks, maybe Flash travels back to his mother's death (again) and sets the timeline on a new course. Remember Cisco and the Police captain were already killed - This is what could extend the series' life or completely fuck the whole thing up. Mark Hamill was brilliant in the last episode, I'd love to see him on it again.

Comment

No credit to innovation or hard work?

Bill Gates? Suckerberg?
                                                                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                No credit to innovation or hard work?

Bill Gates? Suckerberg?
                                                                                Aye you can do it the hard way or just steal/acquire/wrestle it from people too.

Comment

Aye you can do it the hard way or just steal/acquire/wrestle it from people too.
                                                                                  OK Mr Marx.

The parasitical capitalist class enemies tremble in fear!

Comment

OK Mr Marx.

The parasitical capitalist class enemies tremble in fear!
                                                                                    Not saying that's how I'd go about it. But it's a legitimate statement. You can just steal money. Or con people into simply handing it over.

'Using' a religion to do either or both isn't beyond the realms of imagination, given that we see it all the time.

Comment

i would have to disagree. Anyone who is flying out to join the struggle is down grading economically and joint purley on a perverted sense of faith. They are trying to carve out an Islamist state - strangely out of other is almost states while destroying their history but that is their calling card.

People have been using religion as an reason to kill each other for power and economics since the first person said the sun is great so perhaps the guys in charge know better and understand that they are using religion to recruit for a personal power trip but who knows.

For home grown uprising and rebellion economics, suppression of education or lack of representation in govt cause more people to join but in terms of setting up a global terror network religion is your man. Trying to convince people to travel around the world to fight, kill and die because people are poor as fuck is a tough sell.

I would say that I think that what Isis are doing is a big distance from the struggle for economic parity in work that a lot of people initially joined the ira for, the bloody removal of the tsars which I am sure was considered socialist terrorism by the rest of the world or the U.S. revolution which I am sure was seen as a greedy land grab.

Isis is much closer to the persecution of early Christians or the medieval crusades. Both were greed disguised as religion but it was religion that made it acceptable and got the numbers involved.

It may be in pc to say that there are big ties to Islam and terrorism but Al Qaeda and Isis are made up of Muslims. Do Muslims make up all terrorists in the world than no but the recruitment link is well documented and there.

Again just because they don't do the most suicide bombings does no mean that they don't have the numbers.

Comment

first you get the sugar

Comment

Ironically Richie, those 'flying out to join the rebellion' are the sons of people who emigrated to western democracies to get away from religious intolerance, lack of education, economic slavery and political repression.

Comment

What's everyone hsving for breakfast?

Comment

A hot cross bun and tea. Been years since I had a bun. Was very good.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                                                                Again just because they don't do the most suicide bombings does no mean that they don't have the numbers.
                                                                                                There is a searchable database of suicide attacks. Who knew?

HJ would appear to be highly incorrect in his assertation. Islamic groups are responsible for the vast majority of such attacks.

Comment

There is a searchable database of suicide attacks. Who knew?

HJ would appear to be highly incorrect in his assertation. Islamic groups are responsible for the vast majority of such attacks.
                                                                                                  2015
                                                                                                  SPOILER

Comment

So in the EU streaming anything is now legal. Hosting it is now. We can stream all we want, but is linking to said content on a site legal or illegal then?

Comment

Cheap over the ear headphones in somewhere like tesco, would they do the job or a waste of money? Just want them for flight. I find the ear bud ones don't drown out noise of plane plus they hurt my ears
                                                                                                      Her sky-ness
                                                                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

Had half a croque monsieur in Insomnia. It was very good.
                                                                                                        His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

No brekkie for me today. Woke up 40 minutes before I was supposed to be at my desk, so barely had time to shower and get dressed.
                                                                                                          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                                                            Cheap over the ear headphones in somewhere like tesco, would they do the job or a waste of money? Just want them for flight. I find the ear bud ones don't drown out noise of plane plus they hurt my ears
                                                                                                            http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/p...EHEADPHONE.htm should be fine for what you want.
                                                                                                            May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Originally posted by bp_me View Post
                                                                                                              There's pairs in argos for 13 and 20 and are both decent for what they are. Would go with them
                                                                                                              airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by bp_me View Post
                                                                                                                Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                                There's pairs in argos for 13 and 20 and are both decent for what they are. Would go with them
                                                                                                                Grand thanks, never thought of Argos!
                                                                                                                Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

Meant to say Sony pairs
                                                                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

Ironically Richie, those 'flying out to join the rebellion' are the sons of people who emigrated to western democracies to get away from religious intolerance, lack of education, economic slavery and political repression.
                                                                                                                    They also actively tried to integrate into those western democracies.

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                                                                      Good in ear ones cancel noise much better than over ear fwiw.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                                                        Good in ear ones cancel noise much better than over ear fwiw.
                                                                                                                        I find them too hard to wear. I cant even swallow and it hurts lol
                                                                                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                                                          No brekkie for me today. Woke up 40 minutes before I was supposed to be at my desk, so barely had time to shower and get dressed.
                                                                                                                          Whatever about skipping a shower. I hope you at least threw on a shirt and pants!

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X